Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/210/160

Height: 5'4"

Wink New and frustrated

Well I'm 39 and need to lose around 60 pounds. Ugggh...it is SO much harder to do as I approach 40. I'm actually a little nervous joing 3FC, just like going to a gym for the first time, going to a new WW meeting, etc. I'm sure I'll get over that. Unlike the gym, this is not a bunch of skinny chicks pretending to know how you feel.

Quite the contrary, the first messages I read were regarding the "gut butt" that just kind of hangs below the belly button. I just wanted to yell out, "I've got it, too!" What a relief!

As stated in my title, I am a bit frustrated about not being very successful. I have been limiting my intake and working out, yet have seen NOTHING change on the scale! I know it takes time, but this causes me to give up and I really don't want to give up. My family's health history is quite pathetic and I have been on blood pressure medication since my first child was born 9 years ago. My doctor recently put me on cholesterol med., too. I kept telling her I was too young for Lipitor!! She did tell me that with weight loss and exercise there is a possibility that I can go off the meds.

My BFF and I want to take a "Lordy, Lordy, we're now 40" cruise next summer. I REFUSE to go looking like this!!!

So, here I go again! I'm looking forward to my new friends at 3FC! Most of my friends and coworkers do not have weight issues. Although they try to support me, they just don't get it. Thanks!!

Last edited by flnat; 07-25-2008 at 09:32 AM.
flnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
Struggler

S/C/G: 233/218/150?

flnat !! AND for taking the first step towards a HEALTHIER you !

I'm confident that you'll find this place & these peeps to be VERY welcoming & supportive -- sometimes THE most important element in anyone's weight loss journey.

Iffen ya just need someone to vent at, PM me -- I'm a very good reader !
Mollikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #3  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Welcome!
I am fairly new myself and have found wonderful inspiration on this site. Best of luck, keep your head up and you can do it. Sometimes it's the small steps that make the biggest change.
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . glad you found us, Chickie . . . you are definitely among friends here.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hello...I'm so glad you found 3FC. It has helped me and many others SO MUCH! I'm almost 38 years old, so I know what you mean. I also have a hanging belly....which when I'm on all fours, looks like an udder! YUCK! Anyway, the truth is that I'm feeling a lot better since losing 35 lbs. and I look forward to my next 20 being gone. I think there are several things to add to your life and a few to remove if you want to be at your goal at this time next year: 1. if you fall, get right back on that wagon immediately. 2. don't beat yourself up about the past. 3. treat yourself w/ kindness. if you had a friend with a weight issue, would you say horrible things to her? no, but yet you do it to yourself and that is counter-productive. 4. find a program that works for you. for me, it has been keeping a food journal and counting calories. works like a charm. 5. move more. find ways to move more all day long, but also try to workout at least 5 days a week. 6. strength training. it will increase your metabolism so you burn calories while at rest. 7. find out your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR). you can do a google search and plug in some simple numbers to see approx. how many calories you burn if you are in bed all day. then, just eat around that much or a bit less and that, combined with exercise will lead to weight loss. 8. visit 3fc as often as you can. read. post. learn. the supporth here is incredible and I know I wouldn't have stuck to it if it hadn't been for this place. 9. enjoy the journey. I know it sounds weird but if you take pride in your efforts, and you feel good about what you're doing, rather than deprived, then you will be much more likely to continue. 10. When you want to eat...have healthy options available to you if you're feeling out of control. I like baby carrots, boca burgers, low carb tortillas from La Tortilla Factory, and frozen grapes (I measure out one cup portions which are only 65 calories and they're so sweet and take a long time to eat).

Sorry this got so long! I wish you lots of luck and I hope you stick around. Don't be nervous! This place rocks!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #6  
Regina

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Welcome to 3FC!!! :]
lessthanthreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #7  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! In just one day I have received so much support! I am very appreciative!
Thank you Lucky for your tips! I have never tried frozen grapes! They should help my sweet tooth!
Have a great weekend everyone!
TTFN,
Susan
Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi flnat, I'm in Florida and new as well. Good luck to you.
BooksAndBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/213/145

Height: 5'6"

hey i'm new on here too, but it has already been extremely helpful! good luck on your weight loss!
vblizard8756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome to the newbies and good luck to you all.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #11  

BooksAndBeach,
I just love your username! It's one of my favorite things--reading a book on the beach! My daughter says it's my "happy place"! I just read Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. Loved it!! Good luck, also!

To everyone,
I don't feel so frustrated anymore after reading 3FC for HOURS!! You know, you try to lose weight SO many times and continually fail, it's frustrating just to even begin! However, I see so many people who are doing it safely and reasonably, I am encouraged! Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #12  

Hi there! Welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your weight loss!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote