Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Fell off the wagon. Reaching to get back on!

Something went terribly wrong Saturday, and I began sugar fest. I went to bed and night, and though, okay, I'm done now.

Sunday was a day where I was out all day, and meals were on the run. I didn't eat horribly, during the day... but night came, and I went back to my old eating habits. Can we say cheeseburger, fries and a peanut butter sundae!

Then, yesterday, I swore I'd get back on track, but cookies found me! Honestly, I don't know WHY I did this. I certainly didn't feel good come bedtime. I felt full, bloated and pretty lousy.

Why would I continue to eat like that, when it didn't make me feel good? Why?

Ok, so today, I'm back on my normal schedule, and back to eating right too. I had cereal for breakfast and an apple for snack. I'm going out to lunch, but I have already pre-planned for soup and a salad. I stepped on the scale this morning, and it was a pound more than last week. So, hopefully that will be enough to get my butt back into gear.

Hope you guys had a better weekend than I did!
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #2  

Well that's exactly what happens with me.....one wrong turn seems to feed another and another, and a couple of bad days turn into a couple of bad weeks turn into a couple of bad MONTHS.....yikes!!!

The good news is that you've only done one pound's worth of damage, my advice to you is to concentrate not on the weekend and not tomorrow but live very "in the moment" today, it only takes one really good day to reverse this! Because one good day tends to lead to another just like one bad day does.

Just think of today.....the past is behind you....today will get your momentum back!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #3  

Height: 5`2

Smile

It happens to me once in awhile, maybe its hormonal for women?
You can get back on track!!
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Thanks ladies! I did better today. No refinded sugars! I probably could have used more veggies, but overall I feel I did okay.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #5  

Hurray for you!!!! It's not perfection that will get us to the finish line, it's getting back up after stumbling, again and again. Celebrate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
Thanks ladies! I did better today. No refinded sugars! I probably could have used more veggies, but overall I feel I did okay.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Glad your back on track. Any day without refined sugar is a victory in my book. One day at a time. That's all any of us can do.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #7  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Good to hear you're back on track. I had a less than inspiring day yesterday too - not used to packing a lunch so didn't take enough, ate too much toast when I came back from helping at kindergarten, and then didn't want supper. Not a refined sugar issue so much - although I did have a little jam on one piece, but not enough veggies for sure. And too much toast! It was all whole grain bread but again, too much of a good thing.

Today will be better...

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #8  

I am trying to get back on track, too. Any suggestions to revitalize my efforts?
canditiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 AM   #9  

Can't say enough about the importance of journaling. Even if you don't weigh and measure everything, writing it down does make you take account of what your eating.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

I have to say that I have done the same thing for the past few months. There has been tons of stress since we started remodeling our house. And somehow our contractor disappeared so I've been fighting this and then my daughter decides to turn 2....I knew it would happen eventually...
But today was the day that I decided enough was enough. I cleaned out my fridge and pantry. But then low and behold my husband bought a box of candy and I found it. Ok, so it won't be bugging me anymore now that it's eaten....*sigh* tomorrow will be better....I know it
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #11  

Wow that was rude of your daughter to turn 2, LOL, but wait til she has the nerve to turn 13 or 16 like mine have done to me!!! LOL....

I SOOOOO HEAR YA ON THE REMODEL! We turned a tiny (1 br, 1 ba!!!) house into a small one and it almost did me in.....
Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #12  

Kate-remodeling is stressful no matter what. But the fraud going on down here post Katrina would BLOW YOUR MIND! It puts the whole thing in a category by itself. If you hire someone to work on your house and they even show up, it's a miracle!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #13  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I think I fell UNDER the wagon! I have been sick (still am) - nothing serious but a nagging cough that will not go away accompanied by various levels of congestion. Fortunately I haven't been eating that much, but what I have been eating hasn't been the greatest. No exercise since last Monday either - walking up from the basement is exercise enough right now. Yuk!

We've been in a constant state of remodelling since we bought this house just over a year ago. We're working on the bathroom, bedroom floors and have redone half the kitchen. Last house was even more crazy - we built that one ourselves. One day we'll have a finished house to live in! We don't worry about contractors - DH and I do most of it ourselves, but that makes it slow.

I hope everyone is feeling better than me,
Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
But the fraud going on down here post Katrina would BLOW YOUR MIND! It puts the whole thing in a category by itself. If you hire someone to work on your house and they even show up, it's a miracle!
OMG! Exactly!!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote