first mini goal ever, but i dont know where or what???

• i want to set a mini goal . . . . i never have before . . . . . whats a realistic goal for two weeks . . .. . .
  • Hey there,
    A realistic mini-goal for two weeks is 4 pound. A healthy losing rate is 1-2 pounds a week. My mini goal is going down 10% of my original weight. And I don't have a time limit because I don't want to be disheartened, its up to my body how quick it wants to get rid of the junk. Good luck!
  • Hey freegeegrl,

seranab is right--one to two pounds per week is considered a healthy rate of weight loss. But, keep in mind it's an average. Some weeks (like the first week) the scale may drop more, and other weeks not move at all--or even back up a bit. It also depends on how much you have to lose: larger people lose more pounds, especially at first, and as weight drops the loss slows down.

The main thing is to follow your plan! Over time you will reach your goal!

Jay
  • I woudln't set your goal around the scale, because sometimes, no matter how carefully you are on plan, the scale does not reflect your hard work. I would make a goal around things you CAN control, like (these are just examples, they should be meaningful to you):

* Eat 5 servings of vegetables every day
    * Research and try at least 2 new healthy recipes per week
    * Eliminate sugary sodas
    * Go to bed on time at least 4 nights a week
    * Exercise at least 3 times a week
    * Stay within your calorie goal at least 5 times a week

When you accomplish your goals, reward yourself and set new goals for the next week! If you live a healthy lifestyle, the weight loss will follow but not in a way that could be frustrating.
  • hmm. a two week goal... how about sticking 100% to your plan, including diet and exercise, and the rest will follow.