Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #1  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Red face Stupid eight year old... and breasts.

What do you do when you're feeling better about yourself, wearing a pretty SIZE 6 DRESS, and still there's always someone to bring you crashing down. In this case it was an eight year old where I volunteer, who put her hand on my stomach and asked if I was pregnant, because her mom is pregnant and this is what her belly looks like. *cringe* . Really painful. I thought I was DONE with that, damn it, I'm THIN, right? Apparently not. I've started doing 100 sit ups every day but its not showing yet - the probelm is this little belly fat layer, and I've been lazy on the last 10 pounds I really want off. But really, this would be a good goal weight. Ugh. I don't know.

The other thing I've been crazy self conscious about is my breasts, which went from DDs to C/Ds, and you can kind of tell. I was sunbathing topless with my friend, who recently got a reduction from E to B, and she kept making comments about it... I just feel like crap about it, my boobs look great in clothing but I'm so self conscious about them on their own. The hardest part is that my MOTHER, at 47 years old, has exactly the same breasts I do, but perkier. After two children. That's painful. Why is my feeling of self worth so wrapped up in the shape of my breasts? I don't want them to look like implants, I don't want to get surgery for them, but I can't help being frustrated with the way they are now. help?

So stupid eight year old, and stupid boobs.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Oh the dreaded pregnancy mistake. It can ruin anyones day. A couple of years ago, i had lost 100 pounds. Talk about feeling confident. I was shopping for new clothes for my newly skinny body, but i was wearing a shirt that was too big. A woman came up to me and said, "oh, when are you expecting?" I was SO embarrased i made up some fake month that i thought sounded right and left the store almost in tears. Its terrible. So yes, in your case, Stupid 8 year old. In my case, Stupid grown woman.

I am VERY insecure about my boobs too though. Mine look fine in clothes as well, but without the bra, not only do they sag, but they sag unevenly. YIKES. i am a C cup when heavy, a medium B when i lose 100....so will i end up an A when i get to goal? I have no hips, i will look like a thin boy. Bummemr. But better a thin boy than a fat woman, ha ha ha ha.

So just know, the mistaken pregnancy happens to A LOT of women. I think sometimes it can be something so simple as a shirt billowing out more than it should, or just a way we shift our weight when we stand. I dont think it means we actually look pregnant, or at least that is what gives me comfort, ha ha.

I dont know what to do about the boobs, just be glad you have some, unlike me when i get to goal.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

If you're rocking a size 6, I wouldn't let some little brat bring you down! You've made amazing progress, are at a healthy weight, and I'm sure you look fabulous.

As for the boobs, we all have things that make us insecure when the clothes come off: stretch marks, moles, general imperfections. If they look good under clothes, rock on! If they don't look so great without clothes, who cares? The only people who will see are you and whomever you choose to be intimate with, and I have a feeling that a date would not care what they look like and would just be thrilled that you're sharing!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Hmmm...this too has happened to me. It actually happened a lot when I was 13-17 years old *rolls eyes* They were all kids though. Little kids would ask why I was so fat and their mommy wasn't and older kids would ask when the baby was coming. I just got used to it, unfortunatly. I wish it would've bothered me because maybe then it would have motivated me.

Don't let it get you down. If the weight you're at now seems like a good goal weight then just work on toning. Toning should slim down your tummy and probably will make you lose a couple-few pounds. You've done great, don't let a "stupid eight year old" get you down.

About the boobs....I will be close to a small B or A when I lose my weight, so don't fret. I'm actually looking to get implants and a lift when I lose my weight because of how small I will be. Right now I'm a C, but most of it is armpit fat. *chuckles*
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #5  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation A bit of a rant in response...

AAARGH the dreaded pregnancy question!!!!!!

I HATE the dreaded pregnancy question, it is definitely one of my buttons and I have been putting up with this cr@p from ignorant pig-headed people since before i was married (when I was slimmer than I was now).... It is really offensive because I was infertile/subfertile and it took me forever to conceive, and the endless wot-no-babies? questions for 5 years were really, really hurtful.

And where I come from, you JUST. DON'T. ASK. Especially if you're a stranger and don;t know the woman's background or situation or marital status. I now respond with a "Oh, I'm not pregnant, I'm FAT" and it makes the bozos shrivel up and slither away and good riddance. If they say "But I didn't mean anything" I say "Oh yes you did. You saw something (fat belly) and didn't have the decency to keep quiet about it."

Grr. Snarl.

BUT I could make an excuse for an 8 year old who is all excited about mommy having a baby in her tummy. 8 y.o. kids aren;t known for tact and diplomacy. I have an 8 y.o. and she is a social klutz at times and gets frequent lectures ("Notice what you like, think what you want, ask me about it later when we get home but Keep Your Trap Shut In Public"). So I would let the kid off and try to be charitable and gracious about it.

What is NOT excusable is anyone over the age of, say, 12 making such comments. They get shot down in flames around here.

Heh.

Is there a full moon tonight?

All I can say about the boobs issue is that I think a "friend" who keeps making comments about it isn't much of a friend and deserves a lecture along the lines of the first part of this post. Or to be "decluttered" from your social life.

Since I hit the big 4-oh I am really not in a mood to take people's cr@p anymore...
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/255/180

Height: 5'9"

Hehehe, little kids. I volunteer in a first grade classroom, kids don't really have any idea about social grace. They'll walk right up to the teacher and play with the flab on her arms and jiggle my fat while they hug me. They don't mean anything by it, they're just excited and don't know that things are hurtful. Plus if the kids mom is pregnant, thats what he's thinking about. Babies on the brain.
jane15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Ugh. The pregnancy thing is awful. But I find it hard to believe that at 5'7 and 140lb, you look pregnant to anyone other than an excited 8 year old. Don't sweat it.

I have the boob trouble too. Mine have always been a D or DD and now they're down to a C. Tiny! And flappy! Gaining and losing weight has *definitely* taken a toll on them--I'm pretty sure I have the same boobs as a woman who has had children and breastfed them. I find it tragic. Having big breasts has always been an important part of my physical identity--I wore my first D-cup bra when I was 14 and skinny--and I have found it very difficult to adjust to being of average size. So I compensate with excellent underwear. No one but my boyfriend and myself needs to know that once I get nekkid, my boobs look truly terrible. I have underwire in all my bras, even my sports bras and my bikini. I prefer moulded cups for the extra support most of the time. As long as I can fool the world, I can live with their droopiness--probably.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I can only comment on the boob thing.... but have you tried push up if you can't do the ones on the floor ( I can't myself I can only do about 5) you can do them against the wall. Another exercise is I think they are call flys - you lay on the floor on your back and use weight bring your arms together and then back to the floor. You have to work on your pec muscels which will help perk up your boobs. Good luck. And congrats on being a size 6 that is my goal.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #9  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

I find acting confused it the funniest response I can give ... it gives me an internal laugh.

"Oh, when are you expecing?" (excited stranger)
"Expecting? expecting what???" (look of daze, like I've missed something)
"The baby"
"Baby? Who's baby? Where's the baby?" (look of utter confusion)

Once, a women asked me something similar when I first starting putting on weight. I asked if she would like to feel my belly, but didn't mention anything about a baby.

Then she touched it, and asked if it was a boy or a girl. I looked confused and asked "Is what a boy or girl???"

She pretty much ran away. I still see her sometimes at the store and she always avoids me.
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Once I got The Question in an elevator, and I said, "Oh, I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat." The person who asked wanted to shrivel up into nothing and die! Didn't bother me much at all.

With a child, it is an innocent enough question. One just has to say "Oh, I'm not having a baby--sometimes ladies look like this anyway."

As for breast sizes--sigh--don't know what to tell you. Mine are not the same size, either, and they never have been. But I have so many more important things going on in my life that I guess I hardly ever think of it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:30 AM   #11  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Talking

MoragMunch, that was hilarious!!
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #12  
ebe
noob

doing crunches everyday won't really help much, sorry to say...abs are the same as every other muscle group and benefit from being worked twice or three times a week. I find cardio helps most for losing fat.

As for the boobs, whoever recommended lifting weights was right on. It helps a lot.
ebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoragMunch View Post

Once, a women asked me something similar when I first starting putting on weight. I asked if she would like to feel my belly, but didn't mention anything about a baby.

Then she touched it, and asked if it was a boy or a girl. I looked confused and asked "Is what a boy or girl???"

She pretty much ran away. I still see her sometimes at the store and she always avoids me.
OMG, I'm cracking up! That's priceless!
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #14  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

There was a note on my dental chart last year that said NO X-RAYS. Of course, I am in the dental chair, semi-pike position, pushing all my fat right to my belly. The assistant comes in and says, "No x-rays...when are you due?" I just said I had already had the baby but was not doing x-rays because I was still nursing. She said they had never had that before, only pregnant women refused x-rays. She probably thought she covered well, but she didn't...
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7''

Oh hun - I'm 5' 7 and 160lbs and look pretty great, so you at 140lbs must look amazing! Just put it down to stupid kids :-)

I hear what you're saying on the boobs though...I never had much before but I definitely don't now :-(
finn is offline   Reply With Quote