Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Chat for Nov. 26 - Dec. 3

Old 11-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #2  

How was the wedding?? Inquiring minds want to know ... and want to see pictures!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

I want to see pics as well. Congrats to you Rhonda and Doyle. I hope everyone had a wonderful time.

For me its a new week and time to get back on plan. Last week I ended on a bad eating note. I did really well when we were in Maine, but once we got home I just kept eating junk. I couldn't remember this morning the last piece of fruit I had! How bad is that. Needless to say I did have an apple and pear with some scrammbled eggs and I'm drinking tons of water. I don't want to step on the scale until Wednesday. Right now I just dont want to know.

So, I figure tomorrow I'm back to work so its time to be back on program. For me its so much easier to be at work and stick to things. I also need to get back to reading and posting daily. I think posting here keeps me a bit more honest -- some how for me writing things down makes them much more real.

So, how did everyone else make out over the holiday weekend (for the US chickies?).. Outside of eating out of control we had a wonderful time. I've gotten a jump on my christmas shopping which is ahead of the game for me. I ordered two Fireman Sam toys for Sarah from a British toy company through Ebay. I looked everywhere in the US toy sites and couldn't find them. On ebay I could find fireman sam things but all from the UK. I think with shipping the two toys are going to cost me about $60. I won't let dh know about that - but I know Sarah will love them since she just loves that show.

Well, I'm going to go read and catch up on things. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!
Old 11-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #4  

I made it pretty well because my mom had the nastiest food you can imagine. We could have all just taken a salt shaker and sugar bowl, combined them, and sat down with a spoon to eat. Yes ... and I'm not kidding.

Tonight I went to the store and bought one of everything you can imagine. Judd is doing the SlimFast breakfast and lunch, but his dinner will be Core. Actually, they always were but I just never told him. I mean, why would I? He liked them. He's aware of what he weighs and is nowhere near denial. He has no medical problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol ... so he's lucky in that it's only weight. He wants to lose another 25 or so and then will be just fine. Thank goodness he isn't so overweight that he's afraid to know what he weighs! That's just crazy.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

hi there. it took me awhile to get the photos into the puter, but here they are!!!

Old 11-26-2006, 09:37 PM   #6  

Look at that pink hat!! I think that Rhonda is after my heart!

Please, please tell me that when the cruise is over and they get back to town that there will be a spare 15 minutes so I can go meet her. I will drop everything.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

rhonda and doyle's wedding was beautiful. so much love, so much romance! they had photos of them 40+ years ago and today. their story is truly a fairytale come true.

the wedding was at the "little chapel in the woods" at texas women's university with the reception following at a local church. family and friends from both sides joined together to celebrate the occasion. we had texas barbecue, music, and lots of laughter. doyle had a video running showing films of him and rhonda back in 1960. she was as gorgeous then as she is now--and he's just as handsome.

we got to see their dance. what a beautiful performance!! one of the above photos was taken during it. i wish we had taken more. they are leaving on their cruise in a couple of days. i know i've already said it before, but their story is truly a beautiful beautiful fairytale. i am so very happy for them.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

kathy, i don't know if they are coming back into the area after their cruise or not. i do know they are leaving for houston today or tomorrow before they board ship.

i have been eating wayyy out of control. tomorrow am i am going to get back op. paula, i need to post menus, etc....., too. i have been very very lax lately. the scales will show it.

this is going to be a hectic week. we're driving to west central texas tomorrow to visit relatives. the rest of the week we'll be visiting with family as much as possible as we're leaving sunday for montana. i've been teary all day just thinking of leaving. i do this every time we come down. it's always hard to leave family.

it will be good to get back home, though. we've been gone since late november.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #9  
Melissa

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing them Sandra. You all look beautiful!!
You'll get back on track. You've had a lot going on! Good luck with leaving the family. It can't be easy.

Kathy, did Judd regain the weight that he lost? He was doing so great there for a long time. Good luck to him! I've got to reign in my eating. I've been exercising (finally found something I like!) but not really getting into an eating plan.

Oh well, tomorrow's a new week! Goodnight everyone!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #10  

No, he didn't regain, but has maintained all this time and is ready to move on. He had lost around 40 pounds initially, and wants to lose a little more.

Sandra, I hope there's a way we can get together before you leave but if not, I understand. I found out this morning that it's going to be a rough, rough few weeks ahead.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #11  

Great pictures! Its so nice to "see" you both! I'm glad to hear the wedding was so much fun.

Well, I know yesterday I said I wasn't going to step on the scale until Wed, but I did this morning. It was 181. Last week it was 178 -- this is naked in the am. Not good. But atleast I know where I'm at and will stick to plan. Of course DH tells me this morning that somehow he is 2pds down from where he was last week - and with all he ate! EEK - wanted to hit him.

Oh well. Need to be very good now - 4 weeks to go and I've got so many things planned in the coming weeks.

Take care everyone!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

hi there. we've been gone all day down into the hill country visiting more relatives that we hadn't seen yet. confession--we found a wonderful little bakery (by accident) in glen rose. we'd made a restroom stop--and there it was!! needless to say i considered myself still on vacation and outdid myself.

now for good news--i went to ww for wi a few minutes ago. this was my first time since over a week ago. today i weighed in the evening. last time i'd weighed in the am. i was up .2 of a lb!! i was so shocked and happy, i almost cried. this means i really had a loss.

tomorrow i'm going to start back op after this "reprieve" from the scales. if i stay where i am now, i will have maintained on this whole trip. that in itself is amazing; however, i'm going to work at having a loss when i wi in missoula late next week.

kathy, i don't think we'll be able to connect this week. we're going to spend as much time with the grands and rest of the family as we can. i am so very very glad that we got to meet the other day. that day was special.

melissa, i'm proud of you for exercising. i'll get back to w a when we get home. okay, podna. it's time we both got motivated to shed some ounces.

paula, i think you did the right thing steping on those scales. i'm glad i did, too.

okay, where is everyone? i know rhonda is on a cruise but where are the rest of you? we need you here.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - what wonderful pictures! Sandra - you are cute as a button - and Rhonda and Doyle look so beautiful and happy together. And of course you know I LOVE THE PINK COWBOY HAT - very frouf-like!

Sounds like you are doing well considering you are on vacation - good for you.

Melissa - how's it going? What type of exercise have you discovered?

Paula - don't fret about the number - just keep plugging away at it - and drink your water!

Dh now wants a party on the weekend (for his birthday) so invites sent out (altho we did not mention the birthday as we don't want people to feel obliged to bring him gifts). Tomorrow is his 'real' birthday - we will probably go out for dinner - maybe a piece of cake with a candle in it? (The 'real' Black Magic Birthday cake has been ordered for saturday). I am otherwise not doing well eating wise and trying to take control of the binge monster!

Later,

Frouf
Old 11-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #14  

I'm here. Well, here and my other forums but I'm reading! I understand, Sandra, and am also glad we got to meet. Your time here has really flown by, hasn't it?

Frouf, for my birthday last week we invited 10-12 people to a restaurant. I made Judd specifically tell them NO GIFTS. Only one couple disobeyed the rules and brought me a necklace and a 2006 charm for my bracelet. It was nice to get out though. It's not everyday that someone turns 50, so we wanted to celebrate it.

It's still crazy at work.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #15  

Hi all - where is everyone? I can't remember when the board has been this slow. I did faulter a bit last night. Planned on making grilled chicken for dinner but ended up having left over pasta from Sunday - creamy sauce and regular ziti - The scale was down to 180.5 this morning. I feel better today.

DD got her flu shot this morning and we did a bit more christmas shopping. I also made 2 more batches of cookies for the swap at work next Monday. I don't think I mentioned that I organize a cookie swap at work each year, the company gives 4 prizes for a contest we do as well. Its lots of fun and I put the cookies in the freezer - I then have a nice assortment for neighbors and for our family party on the 17th. I'm much too organized this year - 1/2 my shopping is done. DH and I will get a sitter for the 9th (my bday!) so we can go to dinner and then do santa shopping. At Sarah's gymnastics I was talking to a couple of moms and they told me to check out webkins (dolls that you log into webkins.com and then access your critter) and polly pockets. They both sounded interesting, I need to research....

My car is in the shop - the front seat motor died and it has to be fixed, the seat was stuck way to far back. I also needed some front end work and new breaks. My bil runs the garage so I know I'm getting a good deal - its still going to be close to $1000! Oh well, need the car and its 4 years old and outside of two new tires I haven't had to do anything. We'll pick that up later this after noon.

I will then make the chicken for dinner.

Oh, almost forgot, I finally talked to my real boss about the other boss's comments. He was some what aware of the conversation but I did tell him that I have never been so insulted in my life by the comments made and its a shame that since that meeting I've met with him several times and he has never mentioned anything. I doubt it will make any difference, but I feel better.

Well, got to run. I'll check back later.
Closed Thread