Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 08:08 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

hi there. we've been gone all day to an archery shop over 50 miles away. sure had fun and flung a bunch of arrows.

now for the confession: i had a non-productive day eatingwise. (i pigged out) tomorrow am i'm going to ww and will begin anew. these things happen. i guess it's just life.

rhonda, i can't even imagine how you could be dieting right now with your wedding coming up and all. i am impressed that you're doing as well as you're doing. i'm proud of you. and--i'm anxious to see you.

tracy and beckley, it's good to have you both here. we're all going to help each other on this wonderful journey.

kathy, the baseball museum and, rhonda, the cowgirl museum sound like fun. thanks for the heads up.

gotta go. i'm expeting a call.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh boy, sabotage...ain't it great. If we aren't doing it to ourselves somebody will do it to us!

We leave tomorrow EARLY in the morning, so I won't be on for a while. Wish me luck, heading off to join Sandra and Kathy in chicken-fried- steak- land...oh yes, and the fried pies, and the fried shrimp and the fried cornbread...on and on and on....

Talk to you all later.....good luck all....stay focussed!

Rhonda
Old 11-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

We leave tomorrow EARLY in the morning, so I won't be on for a while. Wish me luck, heading off to join Sandra and Kathy in chicken-fried- steak- land...oh yes, and the fried pies, and the fried shrimp and the fried cornbread...on and on and on....

best thing i've read in a long long time!!! i'm sooooooooooo ready. tell that pilot to fly fast but safely.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda, I can't WAIT! You just tell me when you have a spare few minutes and I'll meet you anywhere you say.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

i've just been rereading this week's posts. i have to admit i had skimmed earlier and didn't quite catch everything. i hope i'm caught up now. i don't ever mean to slight anyone by not responding. i apologize if i ever do.

i just saw that there are other "prison break" and "biggest loser" fans here. those are 2 of my favorite shows. i'm mainly addicted to reality shows but pb is in my top 5.

frouf, where are you? are you still feeling poorly? i'm getting worried about you.

angela, where are you, too? are you having a good op week.

i decided to go to ww fri am instead of in the morning. i can go on my way to get my hair done so i won't tie up 2 mornings. (sounds like a good excuse to not go tomorrow, doesn't it?) i'm going to whip myself back into shape in the am. fri i'll step on the metal monster. life goes on.

melissa, podna, how's it going? i sure do miss you when you can't get online much.

rhonda, i like what you said about not being sane after 60. i think i might even start drooling.

kathy, how's kate?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #36  

Oh, poor little Kate. I really feel bad for her. She says she feels like the most horrible person on earth. She took another vacation day tomorrow and will probably be back here tonight to spend the night. I'm washing the sheets for that room and will clean up / make the bed so it's more pleasant there. That's the room that Shaun was in last, so it's ... um, let's call it less than perfect. But enough about that.

She is afraid to call her dad and ask him to help her move her things. She says she feels like she only calls him when she needs something, but I told her that's life. He lives in Granbury, works at DFW Airport (yes, drives 1-1/2 hours each way per day) and so his free time is limited. That's just how it is, but I told her I thought she should just tell him the truth and says, "Dad, I know it seems as though I only call you when I need something, but I really, really need your help." I mean, how can you turn that down? I hope he doesn't disappoint her, but if he won't help, then Judd will. He got to talk to her a little today because he was home with a cold and so when she finally woke up today (poor girl needed some sleep and slept til after noon) ... anyway he was here and they talked a bit. She also talked to Erin some. Hopefully she'll start to feel better.

The only things to move are a washer and dryer, her computer and computer desk, all the kitchen stuff that she bought before they moved there, and HOPEFULLY the dining table and chairs. I have a storage unit that I got for Shaun's apartment stuff, and she can store her things there.

You're very sweet to ask. I worry about her since she's the baby, but actually she's the most level-headed of the three.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

sounds like kate has a good support group with all of you. i hope her dad is part of that group, too. it's awful when our kids are in pain.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #38  
focused and aiming

i'm first today. not a good sign. sure is quiet here. i decided to go to ww tues am instead of today or tomorrow. cop out. but i need a few days to get my head together.

i hope all of you are doing well and are op.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #39  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Bye Rhonda - have a safe flight - bet you are so super excited! Let us know how the core chickies meeting goes! Wish we were all there!

Poor Kate - I sure hope her dad helps her out (that's what moms and dads are for right?).

I am back at work today - but coughing too much - like a dry tickle in my throat! At least I can breathe better! Tired tho as I did not sleep well last night.

Big ds in Toronto for another Dilana/Magni concert - coming home tonight I think. Dh playing gig tonight at some pub downtown so after I drop dd off at dancing I shall probably take little ds to the movies - big movie theatre across the street from dance studio - santa clause 3 playing at 7:15 pm - and we drop her off at 7 - could it be any better? Then pickup at 9:15 and try to get ds to bed asap! Just have to take meds so I don't cough thru the whole movie!

Raindy day today - very gloomy but unseasonably warm - high of 15 which is around 60! no sunshine tho.

Sorry to report Sandra that I am not OP - and still struggling - I did bring some good snacks to work today so I am trying to stick to those (which reminds me - time for my red grapes snack!).

Later,

Frouf
Old 11-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

hi there, frouf. i'm sorry you're still ailing but am happy you and little ds are going to the movies tonight. i'm not exactly op today either but am doing better than i did the past 2 days. we carried red grapes to snack on while shooting. we've been shooting for several hours a day (and visiting folks at the same time). afterwards we've been starved. today we took care of our after-shooting eating. whew! maybe i'll be able to get back op.

we'll be posting about our meeting soon--i hope. i'm soooo ready to get together with rhonda and kathy.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

rhonda and doyle are in texas!!!!!!!!! i just talked to her a minute ago on the phone. life is good,
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #42  

I got the wedding invitation today; so cool, Rhonda!

I'm working all day tomorrow, all day Saturday and then going to Esparza's in Grapevine Saturday night. No real plans on Sunday, and then every night next week is free too. Just let me know ... I can even take off work for a lunch meeting if that's what y'all decide.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

i'm free sunday evening, all day and evening tuesday, and wednesday afternoon/evening.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #44  

Jumping in here with a few questions..... hope y'all don't mind.
I live in New Hampshire and am having a very hard time finding any sources for fat free cheeses. Anyone know of any store chain that is carrying things like that?
Also, lunch thoughts.... I totally MISS breads. I want to reserve my one serving of potato, pasta, rice for suppertime and not have it during lunchtime. I don't want to use up flex points on this meal as I want flex points for weekends when I eat out.
I'm switching from Flex to Core right now, it's my hopeful pre-Thanksgiving effort as well as increasing my exercise.
I hope you longer term Core people might have some help!
Thanks,
Linda in NH
Old 11-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #45  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Linda and welcome. I'm in southern MA - another New Englander! WOO HOO. For the fat free cheese, I've been able to find Kraft Free cheddar and mottzerella at Shaws. They also carry ff feta. Hanafords doesn't have much for ff cheese. We have Star and Stop and Shops around but I don't shop at those. HTH!

For lunches - try couscous, barley or other whole grains. You can make a nice "salad" out of these grains. For example I will make a couscous salad that is core where I add to cooled couscous - cukes, tomatoes, onion, broccoli or any other veggies. I then make a dressing with red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and mustard. Toss it all together and its very tasty.

Try soups as well - lentil soup or tomato soups are core as are most broth based soups that don't have pasta or rice - veggie types. This with a salad with tuna on it is very filling.

Good luck.
Closed Thread