Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #16  
focused and aiming

rhonda, i like your suggestion. i'm going to find me the perfect dress. well, the dress i feel good wearing. i may shop some this week. if i don't find something in montana, maybe i'll find it in texas. guess 2 states should do it.

frouf, that's nice of you to help your ex. you're a better person than i. my ex and i haven't spoken in years, but then our son is grown and we don't tend to see each other. 2000 miles makes a difference, too.

i'm going to do a major shift in gears in the am. so's curtis. we both did some treadmilling tonight. we're tired of overeating. i am more comfortable when i'm op. do you know what i mean?

i'm through kicking myself. now i'm going to get serious.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 AM   #17  
focused and aiming

rhonda, i hope everything's coming out all right for you. (sorry for the pun.) i hope your procedure goes smoothly. let us know how much weight you lose.

vickie, good success at wi. i'm with you in spirit. i go to the doctor thursday. i may even go to ww for wi friday. that will be like a football blitz, won't it?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm not going to weigh in today. I'll try to get there tomorrow. We had to pick Cameo up at 7:00 this morning from the ER and take her to her regular Vet. She's a tiny bit better this morning but not much. The Vet took an xray this morning and the pneumonia is not better and it should be after all the shots. So Cameo stayed to have an ultrasound done. She has next to no vision, is still sort of paralyzed, has a fever, and is not eating. It doesn't look good. I'm going to go lay down on the couch until they call for us.

Last edited by Vickie; 10-16-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #19  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm sorry about cameo. i know it's not easy to let her go.

rhonda, i'm anxious to hear how many pounds you're down.

i am back on core today. i've been eating way too many wasted calories lately.
i got up this am and got dressed pretty cute. that'll help me stay op.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I don't think that the preparation they have made me drink before this afternoon's exam counts as Core! Yuck!

But, tonight we are going to a work-related banquet so I'll have a challenge before me. I'll be wanting everything since I haven't eaten since Saturday night! But, I'll try hard to rise to the challenge!

Rhonda
Old 10-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #21  

Vickie, I hope Cameo is comfortable, and that you and Jim will be able to take whatever news you get in peace.

I am sort of lurking...but today am starting over fresh. My WW leader always used to say, "Every day is a new one, where you can start fresh." It's really inspiring sometimes.

The ladies' retreat this weekend went very well. We had a good attendance, and I think everyone who came really enjoyed themselves. Best of all, it's over! I ate out of stress all weekend long, but that's over now.

I'm busy doing paperwork and banking today...will be back later.

Angela
Old 10-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
i got up this am and got dressed pretty cute.
Sandra, I *LOVE* that! You're just the greatest!!

Vickie, sorry to hear that things aren't going well. I'm sure you're very, very worried about the outcome. I'll be thinking of you.

Rhonda, don't sweat it. Think of it like this: it might not be Core but it'll probably be cleaning out a pound or two, won't it?

We're crazy with the Air Force here and all these deadlines. I had started off eating poorly this morning but then I got a hold of myself and realized there will always be something going on, and I can ALWAYS find an excuse not to eat right! So I'd better just stop it! We're having lunch catered in every day this week but I think ( ) that there will be salad each day. Otherwise, it'll be Jason's and Schlotzsky's sandwiches, chips, brownies, etc. Not exactly a good plan, is it? However, if I let things go, I'll be pretty unhappy with myself.

Ugh. They're setting up the lunch now ... I can smell it from here. Wish me luck.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #23  

Okay, there was no salad but I found something that wasn't toooo bad. It was a wrap with cream cheese and vegetables, then some apple slices. I figured it would be better than the chicken or beef wraps because that deli meat is so salty. Tomorrow I will bring my lunch; there's no way I can eat that stuff every day this week without a gain.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

I ate completely off program at lunch. I ate a turkey wrap with cheese. I don't know what we are having for dinner. Cameo is home but for the life of me, I don't know why they sent her home. She is almost totally blind and can barely walk. She is starving and ate when she got home and three up less than a minute after she ate. We should have the ultrasound report back later this evening or tomorrow.

I'll try to be better at dinner. As of right now I don't want anything but water.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

rhonda, how did the banquet challenge go? so you don't think you'll want to drink that gunk very often? (neither do i.)

angela, i'm having a fresh day today, too.

kathy, i melted before the day was over. i went to the mall to buy dress shoes and look at dresses. i was able to get some heels that are all right on my feet. i told the saleslady i had never been so nervous about buying shoes in my life. she was very supportive and helpful. i got some lifestride's.

vickie,

we're home for the day. i can't tell ya'll how tough this is on curtis. this is so sad.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #26  

Everyone...

I can't think of a time in the last two years when we've needed it more. I love you all and hate that you're hurting.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #27  
Melissa

Goodness, I have not caught up but wanted to come and add my hugs.

Sandra, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Curtis are in my prayers. I have no idea what it's like to lose a parent.

You too Vickie. I really can't imagine what you are going through. I know some people don't understand but I have a furbaby too.

I hope to catch up soon, PC and school are taking over this week. I hope that this week gets better for everyone.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I like all the group hugs going around. Some real saddness for people on the board these days. My parents have been deceased for years, and I still miss them and think of them often. Sometimes I can still hear my Mama's voice calling me "Rhonda Lee!" she is saying as I drift off to sleep. It used to startle me but now I just welcome those breakthroughs. Twenty years after my husband died I had the most real dream about him: smell, touch, sound...all of it. Our brains are just amazing. I hope everyone can come to a point of comforting, sweet recollections about our deceased loved ones.

Furbabies: let me tell you about Jake...the big, gawky, sweet Border Collie X Lab. A few years ago he cut his chest on barbed wire in the ravine. My ex was frantic. I said "oh, don't be silly...we'll just take him to the vet, he'll be fine." So we took him to the emergency vet because it was Sunday. He said that he would be OK but they had to keep him overnight. MS. COOL here burst into tears, wailing "he's never been away from home!!" I could NOT believe it. I pride myself on being cool in an emergency, calm, always thinking ahead and I was blubbering like a little child! We both survived the night, of course.

Now, for today.....chickies, it's true, the preparation is the worst part. My blood pressure shot up to 172 over 127 perhaps that was also related to the electrolyte imbalance that is induced, but it has never been that high! The exam itself is nothing So, if you have not had a colonoscopy and you're over 50, go have one.

I was good at the banquet. I was hardly tempted by anything non-core and did not want desert Wine, yes; desert, no

Night all, tomorrow is another day!

Rhonda

ps...lost 4 pounds!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:42 PM   #29  

Rhonda, you saved that PS for last and it was the most important??? Shame on you!!

When my sister first died four years ago, I dreamed about her every night. Sometimes she was rocking babies, sometimes we were swinging on our swingset, sometimes we were driving around as teenagers with the windows rolled down and it was 1972 again. At first it really bothered me a lot, but then as time passed I came to welcome those dreams because I felt like she was with me. It's hard to explain if you've never been that close to someone. She was my only sister and my best friend for 45 years. I think about her every day but at least I'm not still picking up the phone to call her.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. No news on the Cameo front. She's about the same. She is definitely mostly blind and we think mostly deaf. The Vet was hoping she'd get better. We await the prognosis results from the ultrasound. She did eat a bit last night and kept it down. As far as we can see right now she has NO quality of life. Really, my kitten is already gone.

After breakfast yesterday, I ate off program. I'll deal with that today.

I changed my avatar in honor of my sweet girl.
Closed Thread