Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

The last couple of days have been interesting, haven't they? Lot of views, very few posts.

I hope everyone's doing well.

Sandra, if you need to PM me, feel free to do so at anytime.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

hi, ladies. we are home now. we've been gone most of the day. curtis wanted to go train early this am to sort of cleanse his mind. we met with family and hospice at noon, sat with his mom, called ou of state relatives to tell them to come on now, then we disappeared into the hills this evening for more mind cleansing. curtis is a big strong man, but he's not so tough when it comes to things like this. i am proud of him for the way he's hanging in.

one of his bros is flying in tomorrow from texas. we'll pick him up at the airport then stay with their mom tomorrow afternoon. other than that i don't know what we'll be doing.

i'll be back when i can. i hope all is well with each of you.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #33  

Default new member

Wanted to say hi and Im a new member to the core board. Im glad to be here....barb
Old 10-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #34  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. Hope all is well with you.

Sandra, I wish there was something I could say. I think that says it best. Know we are all here for you if you need us.

Barb, welcome. Jump right in. I'm a newer member to the board, only a few months now. Its a great group. Looking forward to gettiing to know you.

Where is everyone? Boy, it sure is quiet.

Well, its just about 9am, DH is off to work and he took our dog. DD is at school and I'm home all by my lonesome! The nail salon opens at 9 and I'm going up there shortly for my spoil mommy morning. The only house work I need to do is a load of laundry. I'll throw that in before I go. I also need to stop by the cingular store and upgrade my phone. They just started charging me $5 analog fee. Yes, I still have a very old phone, probably 5 years old. But it works fine. I'll see what deal I can get - I work for a subsidary of New York Life and they have discounts. I'll see what I can find on line, check out the store and then the corporate discount and see whats the best deal for me. I don't use my phone much at all, really have it for emergencies only.

Well, got to run. I'll stop back later. I hope there are some more posts! Take care.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Yes, it is quiet. I wrote a post this morning but it was so slow to connect that I just bailed out. Maybe others are having trouble.

After having said I would not go down to 900 calories, I've been trying it for two days. It's not as awful as I anticipated. Since I have a preventive colonoscopy next week, a few days with only a little food are not going to hurt me !!

Rhonda
Old 10-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

hi, ladies. wow! it's slow here. i hope it picks back up soon.

curtis' bro/wife are here now from texas. i don't think his other brother is coming. i'm hoping he changes his mind.

on a good note, i'm still op. i even went to w a today. i am an emotional eater, but so far so good.

welcome to the boards, wv lady. it's good to have you join us. i haven't had a chance to look yet, but have you posted some info on yourself on the coreprofiles thread? we'd all like to get to know you. plus, you can learn about us there, too.

paula, i hope you enjoyed your spoil mommy morning. it sounds like you had a good time planned.

rhonda, for continued success. it sounds like you're on a roll now. that makes me smile.

i hope everyone has a wonderful evening. i'll be back tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #37  

Good Morning everyone:

I woke up about 5:30 AM, which is just as well since at 7AM the workers were outside on the street revving up the backhoe and tearing up the street and sidewalk. The house two doors away was torn down and another is being built...the story is that a new sewer line is being dug. It looks as though they have done enough digging to redo the entire city's sewer!

OK, today is going to be another below 1000 calories day for me. I've started with coffee and an oatmeal-bran-apple muffin and a huge glass of water. With the right mind set, this is even a little fun. That attitude won't last long, I assure you!

I went to Pilates yesterday, then worked out with a Denise Austin DVD. It was the first time to use one of her DVD's. She's bouncy for sure. I enjoyed being 61 and mostly keeping up with her and her companions. I don't get in all the twists, shakes and jumps but Tina Turner better watch out

Have a good Core day everyone.

Rhonda
Old 10-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #38  
focused and aiming

good morning. we're up early and are about to leave for awhile. we have more relatives coming in at the airport this morning.

rhonda, i'm trying to eat more fruit. yesterday i had a banana, some watermelon, honey due melon, and cantaloupe. that seems to help me lose better. that's awfully early for construction workers to wake up folks. i hope you don't have to hear those guys every morning for awhile.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #39  

was it something I said

where is everybody
Old 10-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #40  
Melissa

Wow, I have never, ever seen the board this slow. It seems like our little group is breaking up, and that makes me really, really, really sad.
I know I haven't contributed much but I miss chatting with you all. I hope we can reconnect soon.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 AM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

It makes me sad too, Melissa. I'll be back in the morning. Lurking is not for me. Plus....I'm a Core devotee and I'm convinced that it's a great program that works if we work it. And...I need the support of my Core friends.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #42  

YEA

Melissa and Vickie are back....!

Yesterday was a very tough day. More of those darn meetings with cookies. And, then I celebrated a friend's new job with two glasses of red wine. But, today, back at the calorie restriction. I CAN do this!

It's Friday the 13th...
Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #43  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Core friends. I'm sad too but it seems as though nobody feels connected anymore. Such is life, I suppose, full of peaks and valleys. We will get back there someday.

I wanted to tell you all that my brother got another baby yesterday. He was abandoned at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. The mother was from out-of-town and came up here to a party, went into early labor, and was taken to the hospital. She gave them a false name and left right after giving birth. The baby was born with cocaine in his system but subsequent (and often) testing has shown that it's all out now. He is 7 weeks old, but was 10 weeks early, and Kevin and Vanessa have named him Elijah. They hope to be able to keep him.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I promised to be back to post today and I intend to keep my word. I have been struggling but feel as though I'm winning the battle. It's not easy to face the notion of losing another 120 pounds. Some days I wonder why I bother. And then.....I remember that I want to be healthy and happy and.....thin!

I don't have time right now to catch you all up on everything that's going on with me. I have a very sick senior kitty, Cameo, who either has pneumonia or lung cancer and probably both. We are currently fighting the pneumonia and will deal with the rest later. Sadly, she is just like a child to me since I've had none and her illness is very upsetting to me. Cassie still has something going on with her too but in a triage sense, she is waiting her turn with the Vet while we deal with the Cameo crisis. I've cried alot since last Friday but Jim and I know that we need to enjoy whatever time we have left with her. She's 11 1/2.

Sandra, I continue to think about you and Curtis and pray for his Mom.

Everyone else, I'll be back later to make an attempt to catch up with you all. I've a million errands to run and must take Cameo to the Vet for her daily shot. We were unable to pill her so the Vet (God Bless Her) agreed to let us bring her in every day for the Baytril shot.

I know it's been very slow and I hope that changes. I need some great Core support!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #45  

Height: 5' 10"

I'm here - back to work today. I had a great few days off this week and its FRIDAY. OK, Friday the 13th, but still a Friday.

Had a great morning Wednesday pampering myself. I ended up changing my cell phone service - went with the new GoPhone. Its no committment and $25 for 100 minutes that last 3 months. So, I'll end up paying $100 for a year rather than over $300. I only use my phone for emergencies. I'm going to switch DH to the same plan. In total we'll save almost $500! For anyone who has a cell phone with limited usage, check it out. If I didn't stop into the cingular store I would have just recommitted to 2 years for the $30 a month plan. I'm happy with it.

Yesterday was absoultly beautiful - sunny and warm. Spent alot of time outside with dd. Today is very COOL. We were over 70 yesterday and this morning down to 42! At least we don't have snow. EEK.

Eating has been OK considering being home this week. I did eat a bit more than I should have but not too bad. I have WI next Wednesday, it will be the first time in 2 weeks. I will be down.

Whats up with everyone?

Vickie, sorry to hear about kitty. Pets are our children. Let us know how you make out.

Melissa, how is pampered chef going?

Sandra, how is your MIL doing? And you and Curtis?

I need to plan some cooking this weekend. I had a variety of frozen meals that I've been using up. They are all gone. I think I may make some smothered chicken and barley. I haven't made that in a while, and maybe some pumpkin snack cake.

Gotta run, work calls.
Closed Thread