Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #76  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept crummy and too short but what can you do about that? I've got a big day today. LaZBoy is coming to adjust the one seat that is creaking. Then, at 3:00 we have to leave to go babysit for the 2Great Nieces and Great Nephew while their parents and my Sister/BIL go out for dinner. Jim will have to leave there and come home around 5:00 to take care of the dog and get our dinner on the way back from Chipotle. I told him to be efficient since while he's gone I'll be there alone with 3 kids, one of which is a newborn! Ok....I know you guys do that all the time but don't forget I never had any kids and didn't want any!!!! I'm skilled in running offices and managing employees. I'm thinking they little ones are going to perk up my spirits.

Paula, I'm so proud of you for not letting that little gain get you down. Keep it up and you'll be rewarded next weigh in.

Frouf, great news about the check and even GREATER news about your good eating at the Mexican restaurant. Wonder why eating that made you get a taste for something sweet? I haven't made a Froufie roast in a while. We keep getting tough cuts. I've tried sirloin tip and eye of the round. What do you use? Maybe I just need to go to a different store. Did you get your nap? Can you believe I ignored the Doctors on this list about my ankle! At least now you know I wasn't fibbing when I said I didn't think I'd be able to walk a long way on it. I'm hoping it isn't broken because I don't know what they'll do if it is. I MUST have my showers.

Sandra, never in my life have I ever heard of a calcium stone in the ear canal! How does one find out if they have one of these? My Sister is dizzy all the time and they think it's her ear. I'd love to tell her so she could ask her doctor to check for it. They have her doing crazy exercises that don't help. We don't know for sure yet whether or not I have stress fracture but that's what the Doc thinks. Apparently, the spot I pointed out has many teeny tiny bones. I'm not taxing it but I am still walking on it until we hear. The Internist didn't give me any advice what to do with it which I didn't realize until we got home. I guess that means he thinks it's fractured and home remedies are going to help? I guess I'll know on Monday.

Jennifer, it's great that your slips are shorter and don't start binges anymore. I think that's a sure sign that you'll succeed this time! When I first started Core and would be so mad at how slow it was going, my husband would say, "Honey, it's a marathon, not a sprint". I always loved that and it's been my credo through this whole thing. I've stalled but I'm not gaining it back except for a few pounds.

Vivian, your situation sounds so painful. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Rhonda, I've been in your shoes and it stinks! I hope things slow down for you soon. I had a pup with kennel cough once. After that I used to vaccinate her for it. They say they get suseptible after that. In Illinois they won't even let you board them unless they have the boardetella vaccine.

Kathy, I'm not sure what they do for Canine Cushings. It depends on whether there is a tumor at all or wether it's on the pituitary gland or on the adrenal gland. I think it's a lot like human Cushings but with a shorter life expectancy for some reason. How's your Mom doing? You do sound very tired. I'm so sorry you have to work 10 hours today.

Angela, thanks for your loving thoughts for Cassie and for understanding that sometimes our furkids are just like our children. I sure hope your DH didn't get any bad news yesterday. The economy is just so scary right now.

Regarding the October 20 weekend, I could have breakfast or lunch on Saturday. If it's lunch then it will need to be close to my neck of the woods so that I can get home to take care of my pup and be there with her for a while before we go out. My Sister's party starts at 3:00 and I'll need to leave at 2:15 or 2:30 to get there on time. And, I don't dare show up late since that is reason to be tossed from the family! God Forbid they think that I think something else is more important than them. Angela, if you are staying out my way then we could meet for sure on Saturday morning. Maybe I'll neet to meet Kathy on Friday or Sunday unless she can get down by me on Saturday early. I'm willing to get up as early as necessary! I can always catch up on my sleep during the week since I am retired you know.......

My scale is up this morning so I'm blaming the impending TOM. I'll continue to be good and see what happens on Monday. I hope you all have a great Core day. I need to go eat breakfast and get showered and dressed.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #77  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow.....that was a long post even for me! Now you know why I usually break them into two messages.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh MY! Cleburne State Park.....Chickies, I'm telling you, that place is absolutely chock full of sweet memories for lots of Texas teenagers. Why, I got one of my first "real" kisses on a little bridge there and then there were all the hayrides, campouts, cookouts, and makeouts

Sandra, NOW we know why your dizzy! Got nothing to do with beans in the ears.

I missed wi this week and I'm "busted" because I didn't lose two pounds. But, according to home scales I lost one and I'll take it. I've got a personal goal to lose 1/2 pound by Monday. That's a slow start to this month's 50, but it's a start

Have a great Core day everyone.

Rhonda
Old 09-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #79  

re Kennel Cough...the vet here said that there is a virulent strain of canine influenza in "the States" that has not crossed the border yet. But, it will of course.

I will get them immunized before they are boarded again. She's doing OK, no coughing last night.

I'd never heard of Canine Cushings nor of calcium stones in the ears....this board is better that some of the health list servs I'm on!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #80  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. Its a rainy day here - but it FRIDAY The weekend weather is mixed - should be nice tomorrow then rain again Sunday afternoon into Monday. We are going to try to go to another flea market Sunday morning - this one is about an hour away, north of Boston. We always find some great things there but it will be an early morning. We try to leave around 6:30 or so. Saturday night Dh and I are going on a date my SIL is going to come up and stay with Sarah so we can be alone. Our 7th wedding anniversary is Monday. I'm looking forward to a night out alone, and we can stay out past 8!

Vickie, how is your ankle feeling? did the dr give you a split or cast for it? I hope it starts to feel better.

Sandra, I've never heard of stones in your ear before. At least the procedure did sound too bad to have done. My MIL has been having problems with her saliva gland - causing pain when she chews. The procedure to fix that is not very pleasent, but she has been feeling better. I wouldn't mind shaking my head.

Whats a froufie roast????

Angela, how did your dh make out with his boss? I hope all is well.

Vivian, congratulations on the 3 pd loss. WONDERFUL.

Rhonda, how is puppy? We all love our 4 legged babies. I hope the antiboiotics work quickly and keeps it contained. Did the vet give your other dog a vacine?

The scale likes me today --- its back down to where I would have expected it. I think I need to watch my salt a bit, that is the only thing I can think that caused an upswing this week. I never used to have issues, but I am now 40 Chinese food is my enemy - I can gain 5 pds overnight from it and it can take 3 days to get it off . That I know is all the sodium. Oh well, I shouldn't be eating that anyway!

Take care all.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #81  

I asked about vaccinating Jake and he said that since Anna was at the peak of her bout with it, Jake was already exposed so the vaccine won't help. That jibes with what I understand about disease progression. So far Jake appears OK and Anna has quit coughing.

I went to a new podiatrist today on the recommendation of my dance teacher. He told me that when we walk we apply a pressure on the feet that is 3 times our weight. Now, there's just another reason to get the weight off!

Rhonda
Old 09-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #82  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Quote:
Frouf, can I borrow some money?
Kathy - you sure you really want that worthless, play Canadian money?? Not worth much you know!

Hope your day goes quickly and you have some down time - let us know how the visit w/your Mom goes - hope she is recuperating nicely!

Vickie - probably best to stay off the ankle AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE? Maybe you should be joining the "Sandra & Curtis Recliner Club" - I hear it's a hoot! (esp if you have no calcium or beans in your ears!). Have fun with the 'kiddie's - and yes tell Jim to hurry back!

Quote:
Whats a froufie roast????
Well it does NOT mean you take your neighborhood froufie and roast it! NO! See here for more details!: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49330&page=6

Have fun on your anniversary date! What are the plans???

Vivian - poor you - sounds like you are doing great with the walking and I sure hope those pain meds help as they should!

Sandra/Curtis - so how was the exciting night on the recliner? Inquiring minds want to know!

I am home today - feeling depressed and eating way too much - just didn't feel like going to work - everything is boring and not going well, manager away, a dark and gloomy day so here I am at home! Bad Froufie (I am also off MOnday for Yom Kippur). Don't know what to do with myself except eat, sleep, read or watch tv! I feel like i have nothing to look forward to?

Next weekend hoping to go visit my gf in Toronto (it's a long weekend in Canada as our thanksgiving is usualy early october). Her husband is going away for the weekend so just her and 11 yr old dd - of course her dd wanted my dd to come but she is staying home to go to some concernt (Rockstar participants - Dilana and Magni coming to Ottawa - arranged by my DS!!!!). So just little ds and I (dh does not want to come for the 'girls' weekend - wonder why?). Don't want to drive with just little ds in car - and train all booked - option is the bus??? Not ideal - but there is a seat sale on Air Canada - so I might just bite the bullet and fly there and back (1 hr flight sure beats a 5 hr ride on a bus with an 8 yr old!). Have not told ds yet - but boy will those brown eyes pop! He will be thrilled.

No I didn't get a nap yesterday as planned - but I sure could use one now? Went to bed too late but finally fell asleep - maybe the lack of sleep is causing me to feel so crummy???

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 09-29-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I'm SO sorry that your home sick....well I'm happy you're home but the sick part is bad. You do sound down in the dumps. Why don't you buy tickets to see Wicked while you are in Toronto. I absolutely swear you will love it. Last I looked, it was playing there still.

Paula, I don't know what a split is but I'm hoping for no cast. It still hurts but it seems that I'm not going to get the results until Monday. If it is fractured, I'm sure my Internist will be sending me to an Ortho. Maybe he can get me in quickly.

Rhonda, I hope Anna gets better soon and that Jake stays healthy. I'd heard that pressure number about knees and ankles. I agree that I am NOT helping my joints with all this weight.

Well, LaZboy just left and I'm mad! I can't even go into it now. I need to call the local Manager and make my lunch so I can be ready to leave to babysit at 3:00.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #84  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. i'm still dizzy today, but that's all right. i'm being pampered and spoiled. i called the doctor. she said not to worry that it may take a few more days to get over this. i have to tell you i am really really being strong about not bingeing. i'm proud of myself. this is one of those stress times that i could sit and eat all day long.

vickie, what i have is called "benign paroxysmal positional vertigo." it's one of the most common causes of dizziness and is one of the easiest to diagnose and treat. (just copied this off the sheet i was given.) have your sister ask her doctor about it to see if that's what she has. "menier's" is another ear problem. have they mentioned that to her? i hope your spirits lift soon. i've been worrying about you. are you being able to stay op throughout all your stress? i know being op gives me a feeling of control and that helps my spirits.

rhonda, i learn a lot on this board, too. i'd never heard of canine cough. i didn't go to wi this week either. i didn't even step on the scales this am. i am going to weigh monday here at home and hope to still be at 173. i'm not getting any exercise and my eating hasn't been as good as it should, so all weekend i'm concentrating on doing the right thing with the food choices.

oh, yes--do you know about "old foamy"?

our rheumatologist gave us a brochure that told us about weight pressure on the knees. it really makes you think, doesn't it?

paula, they didn't do the head shaking thing on me. another doctor does that procedure. i thought they were going to do that to me but what they did was she'd change my head position every few minutes to let the stone float to the part of the ear canal where there's a type of fluid that will disintegrate the stone. (or flake) i guess it's not completely gone yet but should be by next week.

inquiring mindful froufie, he balked on me and slept in the bed. i moved from one end of my loveseat recliner to the other and wound up in his rocker/recliner before morning. i'm sleeping in bed tonight with my head propped up.

okay now snap out of that depression. you just got home from a cruise and you're getting ready to go on another trip. plus, you're a wonderful person who is loved by many--especially me. you have a lot to be happy about..

vickie, i'm sorry about your lazboy problems. go get'm, tiger!!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:22 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

vickie, i typed a long one, too, didn't i?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #86  

Sandra! Do you want me to tell everybody about the secret necking places!!

OK, "ole foamy" is a creek in Cleburne, Texas which used to have sewage treatment residue on it, and that residue was foamy. The teens would go there and "park." I KNOW you all know what that means. It was the site of ghost stories, tricks played on one another, police flashing their lights, parents searching for kids, and no doubt, a place where many young people became unexpected parents!!

Of course, I've never been there myself !
Old 09-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #87  
focused and aiming

rhonda. i guess i just got to reflecting this afternoon.

i'll bet teenagers everywhere had their "haunts."

i'm hanging on today with the eating. i'm making dinner now. this is the best i've done on a friday in several weeks. life is good.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #88  

Hi All:

Just hanging out at home, trying NOT to eat the chocolate that a student gave me. Oh, she was being sweet in her sentiments and I accepted her kindness but NOW I've got to rise to the challenge.

I made a connection today between the undermining with food that someone was talking about last week and undermining myself at work. It's really all about taking care of what's important.

I realized that both of my office spaces and my space at home can get really messy...all that does is make it harder to accomplish anything. I rationalize this but there's no excuse. I spent some of this week cleaning up all the spaces where I am supposed to be working/cooking/cleaning/sewing and began to re-create the space more beautifully.

Then I thought about all the people who drain my energy at work and decided NOT to give them the control they have....and, then, be darned if it isn't easier to control the food. For example, I was in two meetings this afternoon and there were cookies and chips in both. I just looked at them, stared at them and kept saying NO It worked.

Now, to do the same with this chocolate....!

Rhonda
Old 09-29-2006, 10:03 PM   #89  

Height: 5'7"

LOL! No time to read thoroughly tonight but I'll hit the high spots and be back tomorrow.

Vickie, when I broke my foot the first time, the bones on top were broken. There are lots of little tiny ones. It was a clean break but there was nothing they could do. It hurt for a few months and then it was over. Fortunately it was an easier break than the one I have now. I hope they figure it out and fix you up quickly!

Sandra and Rhonda, they went to Cedar Hill State Park over by Joe Pool. I'll have to tell them to go to Cleburne next time but no kissing allowed. Zuki went too and he's having a great time from what I hear. He's eating hot dogs and s'mores (minus the chocolate and marshmallows -- okay, he's eating graham crackers) and running everywhere. They put a glowstick around his neck so they could spot him easier. He likes the big 3-room tent that the others are in but not the little two-man tent that he and Judd will stay in.

I went to work for a while, took a look at the workload and schedule, and decided that today was a better day for Tyler, so off I went. I just now got home. This means I'll work both Saturday and Sunday. I don't mind though; hard work is what makes people tough.

After seeing my mom's various incisions and stitches, swelling and bruising and IVs and pain, I've decided it's time for everybody to get with it and stop goofing around with the excuses. We do NOT want to be there -- so from now on, overweight and out of shape is no longer an option. We are all going to be healthy if it kills us! Deal?

Kate's coming over for an hour or so to help me work on the upstairs rooms. We might not get much done but it'll be a start. Hopefully we can get it ready to paint ... which means we will have to pack up all Shaun's clothes in boxes and take them to the storage unit, clean up all the trash and crap, get Kate's old posters off the walls, wash the blinds ... sigh ... move the computer that's in there into the first upstairs living room onto my sewing desk, move the sewing somewhere else, get rid of the computer desk, and vacuum. Then we'll paint next weekend, clean the carpet and move the new furniture in. Right now the furniture is sitting smack in the middle of the first living room and you have to start dodging it as soon as you hit the top of the stairs. When you get into the second one, you're home free and out of danger but getting there is tricky. There is a tall pyramid chest and sewing desk (those stay) and then a headboard, footboard, big dresser and mirror, chest of drawers, and nightstand. Erin's about to have a fit to get it out of her way! It really only affects her because she's the only one living upstairs.

Okay, I realize I'm rambling but I'm exhausted and trying to stay awake until Kate gets here. Maybe I'll sleep for a few minutes -- I'm sure Bindy will wake me up when she walks in.

So don't forget ... we're all on the wagon! No more cheats! We can do it!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #90  
focused and aiming

rhonda, you're right. the mental game is super important. in archery competitions we credit our scores with 99% mental management. i'm proud of you for getting control of yourself. i have posted this before, but here it is again. this is a quote i saw at a ww meeting down in cleburne back in the 80's. "we can't always control what's going on around us, but we can control how we react to it."

deal, kathy!! i'm in. my father had open heart back in 1972. i will never forget what he went through. he had been a smoker but never smoked again after surgery. the odd thing is one night when i was walking into harris hospital, i saw his surgeon outside smoking. shocked me for sure.

okay, those of us who are serious about losing weight and getting more physically fit--keep on. those of us who are ready to get serious--it's time. we can do this. we can behealthy, active chickies. and we can be cuter, too.
Closed Thread