Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #31  
focused and aiming

rhonda, i'm glad you're well and doing exercise. i feel guilty about not doing w a today. i'm going tomorrow for sure.

frouf, i hope you get to feeling better. i'm wondering if a lot of people on your cruise came down with what you have.

we just hot tubbed and a deer came into the neighbor's backyard totally ignoring us. i growled several times so she wouldn't jump the fence to get my roses. i guess it worked. she's gone now.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/185/140

Hello! I had plans of sleeping in this morning as I'm usually up late studying! However, my body pushed to be up and going (as much as it could be, that is - LOL) by 6:00 a.m.! That's early for me since I don't usually go to bed until between 1:00 and 3:00 a.m. these days! Anyway, I had my banana and am about to go eat oatmeal and drink another cup of hot tea! I will be making a smoothie in a little while and will check out the CORE board for some more ideas too! Thanks, Amanda, for your favorite posted! I've never made one with some SF FF pudding mix!

Frouf, sorry to hear that you are still sick! I'm praying here in Michigan that you feel GREAT by the end of the day!!

I am EAGERLY waiting for my Walk Away the Pounds dvd's I ordered! They are in transit, so they should be here SOON! If you guys do these, what are your favorites?!

Have a GREAT day!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 AM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning -- another crazy day at work so I can't stay. Just wanted to say hello.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Yesterday was quite busy for me and we stuck close to home because of Cassie. She had her Cushings test yesterday and didn't seem to have any side effects, except for a little hyperactivity. No surprise since the test stimulates the adrenal glands. We should have results much later today. Jim and I had a Gilmore Girlathon yesterday. He wants me to be caught up for tonights show. I'm disappointed because I like to walk on the treadmill to this show but who knows when I can get back on the treadmill.

I finally made a Doctor's appointment for both Jim and I on Thursday. The Internist wants to talk to Jim about his cholesterol results. I have to look at that website that Angela gave us since his numbers don't look that bad to me.

I'm going to eat breakfast now. I'll be back in a while to catch up.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #35  

Vick, sometimes numbers that look bad can be good, and numbers that look good can be bad. It's the ratio of high to low that counts. Mine is 252 but my good is most of it, and bad is very low. They said if it was the other way around, I'd definitely be back on medicine. I've taken it for years but went off and the doctor said it's okay, just as long as the ratio stays the same.

Just wanted to throw that in. I hope Cassie's test results are good.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Zzann..I do WATP. I have the Express Advanced Walk, 3 miles and the 4 miles one. Other than I get tired of her voice and the routine, I think they're great.so good because I don't have to hurt my knees by pounding the pavement and I definitely work up a sweat.

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda
Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! I didn't post yesterday at all? I guess I was really busy. I forgot to tell you all the same yesterday at WW. Not the point but I'm at peace. I did the best I could with an old metabolism and no exercise. I cut back my portions but need to exercise too.

Kathy, my Niece lives about 15-20 minutes away. It's really not far, it just takes a long time to get there because of the traffic and congestion between here an there.

Rhonda, you are doing great with your exercise. I'm sure that will be the key to your continued weight loss.

Frouf, I am SO disappointed. Baby Sarah would not do any raspberries for me. I even tried to show her how but nothing! I did get lots of smiles and laughs. I'm a very funny Aunt Vickie. What is up with your DH? Did you keep your religion secret from him before you were married? Sheesh. I'm not surprised that you are still sick. I've heard there are many bad viruses and infections going around now. And besides, it's almost flu season. I hope Jim and I can get flu shots on Thursday.

Melissa, I definitely chickened out. I saw the number on the PC site. I was afraid to intrude. How long would it take you to drive here from KY? You know you are welcome. Sounds like you need new brake pads. I hope they aren't too expensive.

Angela/Kathy, I'd love to do dinner on any of the days. My Sister just has one more kid to check with and then I'll be clear for the whole weekend. Kath, if you come down here for dinner, you might have a hard time making it back to the base by 8 p.m. Could he get a special pass to be a little later? Or...we'll just have to drive up closer to you. Details....details....and I'm such a planner. I can't help myself. How's your week going? How are the sinuses? Don't you have your allergy tests soon?

Jennifer, Welcome! Core Apple Almost Cake was a new find of mine and it is GREAT! Problem is that I got very tired of it because there are only the two of us here. I should have tried to freeze some to see if it would work. I just know you will like it.

Sandra, you sound down in the dumps? Are you ok? Can we help? I'm glad you got some clothes that you liked on Ebay. I got beat out of the bra by a sniper at the last minute. Harumpf! I had a bought of dizziness a couple of months ago. I'm sure I whined about it on here. My Internist diagnosed it as benign positional vertigo. He gave me some medicine and it went away and never came back. 10 days was supposed to take care of it but I needed two courses. Let me know if you want me to find out the name of the drug. It would only take a few minutes online. I have to tell you that I LOL at the thought of you growling at the deer. Jim tries to hide when I bark at the dog across the street. Sometimes, I just get silly.

Paula, I hate when I have trouble with posts. I usually try to check to make sure that I'm logged in before I start to type my post to avoid trouble. Also, when I'm having gremlins, I try to copy my post before I hit submit reply just in case something weird happens. My Niece feels exactly the same way about her children. She's not even crazy about the bus! Jim and I are garlic fiends. So I shake some garlic powder in the cavity of the chicken and some on the skin. I don't eat the skin so I never tasted much garlic until we started shaking it into the cavity. You could also sprinkle a bit of poutry seasoning in there. I think it a cobination of things that make chicken taste good.

Suzanne, HUGE congratulations on your loss! Yeah, that won't be that big every week but enjoy them when they happen! Keep up the great work. It can't be easy with how busy you are. You just proved that it can be done. I can't help you with the Indian food but I can tell you about my favorite smoothies. They are on our board and are the Cherry Garcia and the Frosty. Both use SF/FF pudding. I love them because they are so thick and satisfying and they taste like real shakes. I don't like yogurt so I tend to stay away from those ones. I say just start experimenting! I'll post the links in a minute. I'm afraid to do it now and lose this post.

BTW, I know why the doctor wants to talk to Jim about his cholesterol. His Triglycerides went from 92 to 142. That's still below normal but I'm sure he's concerned that it went up. His other numbers are good to great.

Ok...I must get off the computer. I have four more episodes of Gilmore Girls to watch before tonight.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Here's the link to the two smoothies. I might need one today!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50316
Old 09-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #39  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

So for some insane reason I am now really craving a smoothie! Dare I try to make one tonight? (I think I have some sf/ff pudding stashed away somewhere!).

Sorry no raspberries for you Vickie - but sounds like you did a great job of entertaining baby Sarah! As for dh - exactly - it's been 10 years now - I do the same 'traditional' things every year - every year he complains - and yet I continue - so does he get the hint? You'd think so! I let him have it tho - I pulled no surprises - in fact he used to come to synagogue with me (I guess in the good old days when he was trying to 'impress' me?) - so what's up with the constant harrassment?? (and he pretends he doesn't know what's going on!).

Hope it's not super bad news on the cholesterol front for Jim. My dh is going for another test at the end of October - does not seem to be getting any better and he is still trying to avoid drugs for some crazy reason (altho he may really need to take them??).

Sandra - how are you doing? Scared any deer off lately?

Melissa - how's the car doing? Did you get anything fixed yet?

I am at work today - feeling mostly better altho my throat is awfully dry - and still taking some sinus meds - I did sleep better last night tho which did help.

Trying to stay focussed at work but there is too much to do and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed - have resumes for temp help but no time to call and interview them!

Also got our picture taken today for awards ceremony as we are a finalist. Big list of information for the 'big day' - looks like my manager and I are going - need to show up at 4:30 pm for the 'finalists briefing' - then at 5:15 a cocktail reception - then a 'sumptuous' sit down dinner at 6:15 pm - we will be seated at a table of 6 - with 2 spots for finalists.

At least there seems to be no time allotted for speeches. My manager has designated herself as finalist to pick up medal if we win one (how surprising) and I get to participate in some sort of finalists' salute on stage! It seems to be super formal and they indicate that over 75% of men will be wearing tuxedoes and 75% of women will be wearing ballgowns/evening gowns!!!! I am freaking out here! (I think my ballgown is at the cleaners - no I remember now - I lent it to Cinderella and she has never returned it!).

I jokingly ask my manager if she has sent her ballgown off to the cleaners - and she says yes - she is not kidding - something about an Anne Klein evening gown that she plans to wear (did I mention she is like a size 6 or 8?). So what does a frumpy, dumpy, fluffy froufie wear? And yes how can I lose like 50 lbs in the next month? Any suggestions?

Frouf
Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

have a great day, chickies. we're going out into the hills after i get home from w a. life is good.

vickie, you are so sweet. i appreciate you and everyone here for being concerned about me. i am not really in the dumps. yesterday i was mainly worried about coming off the diet pills because of the menier's disease. today i'm all right. i just keep telling myself to do (eat) the right things. i go to the e n t thursday. i don't know if he'll tell me to stay off the diet pills or that i can go back on them. either way, i'm all right. the dizziness happens periodically because of menier's. it doesn't usually last very long. i'll prob be told to cut down on salt/sugar/chocolate/caffeine. that's my guess, anyway.

frouf, i'm planning to scare a few this afternoon. i'll be sitting behind a fallen tree in my bush outfit.

i was also a little down yesterday because i wasn't able to get to w a. i'm on my way in a minute so that'll help my outlook, too.

have a great day, all.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #41  

Hey, folks! Thought I'd pop in and let you know I'll be gone tomorrow. My mom is having heart bypass surgery so I'm going to Tyler. She woke up yesterday at 3 a.m. with chest pains, then they let up, then started again so she went to the ER and they admitted her. Did some tests today and found out that she has four arteries that are 95% blocked, and others are nearly as bad. She was a timebomb.

You all behave yourselves! No pushing or running in the halls. I MEAN IT!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:01 PM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Kath, I'm SO sorry about your Mom. She'll be in my prayers. Back in 1986 my Mom had a triple bypass. She needed a quadruple but one artery was 100% blocked and so there was nothing they could do about that one. She had two that were 85% blocked and one that was 90% blocked. She made it through with flying colors and so I'm sure your Mom will too. They know so much more now.

Sandra, I hope you had fun in the hills.

So Frouf, did you have the smoothie? Once you have one you'll have many. You'll find something spectacular to wear. I'd be trying Ebay. You seem to have a lot of luck there. Somewhere I heard that ballgowns run small so don't underestimate. Who cares what size it is as long as it fits nicely. I'm thinking something elegant! You will be a beautiful Frouf.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #43  

Thank you, sweet friend. I feel good about it, and I'm sure she'll be fine. My dad said she's been emotional today after the catheterization. I'm not calling tonight because she needs to rest if she can, but I'll call in the morning. I should be back tomorrow night.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, check this one out. It's probably too big for you but I've heard they run really small. I saw black and shimmery and thought of my fellow Quacker Factory lover.

http://tinyurl.com/l43d6

Last edited by Vickie; 09-27-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #45  

So cute! I looked at their other items and there are more in different sizes:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsaviQ5fenterprises

Good luck, Frouf. I agree that you'll be a knockout no matter what YOU think about yourself. And believe me, we know what we're talking about!
Closed Thread