Core Support Board for Week of September 17-23, 2006

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • New week ... new thread.

And here we are, standing around waiting on the Frouf cruise report! Where is she???

I just found out we're going to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Grapevine. No need for us to go into the terminal to get Brad and Amy; MIL/FIL will go do that and we'll just meet at the restaurant.

It's going to rain like crazy starting this afternoon thru the night, with large hail and high winds. Lovely. We get NONE, then we get POUNDED! Still can't catch a break, although at least the water will help out. I just hope our roof doesn't blow away while we're gone.
  • Melissa, I don't know if you bought notecards at Vistaprint or not, but look at these things I found on ebay:

Clear plastic boxes for cards
  • Nothing from Frouf. I'm guessing that means she didn't make the earlier flight. It was scheduled to be taking off in about 10 minutes from now.
  • i got offline yesterday before i saw you talking about chatting, melissa. sorry i missed everyone. curtis and i decided to hot tub and look at the snow on the mountain tops. today's a gorgeous day and is not expected to be raining/snowing in the valleys. i am going to call the women's club in a few minutes and take our names off the dance class list. curtis has been in pain all week. to foxtrot/waltz you have to hold your arms at an angle that's hard for him to do with his artificial joints. he's still willing to go, but i can't see any reason to put him in pain. i told him that no more dancing that we do, we can just stand there and hug to the music.

melissa, you're off that starting line now. come on i have my hand out to you. i need you to get here so you can help me, too.

vickie, i understand your being nervous about a first meeting. but you're right. it is frouf! i have met irl a few people i've met online. most of the time the visits were great. one time the visit wasn't great but it was all right. we just found that we didn't have much in common. this was someone that i wasn't as close to online as i am with most of you. nothing wrong with that. i'll be waiting to hear of your visit. i am betting you and frouf never skip a beat and are very very close irl as well as in our cyberworld.
    wow! was i behind. i just now read the last posts. i'm so sorry you're not going to get to see the real live frouf.

kathy, i didn't know ya'll were having storms today. okay, i've read about vistaprints enough now to get me ready to go to their site. i was thinking of making calendars for gifts. i'll go check it out. thanks for all the information.
  • We're back now -- had a great time visiting. We went to Esparza's in Grapevine, which is one of our old standbys.

FIL had bought Judd's brother Brad a new Honda Civic sedan (very, very cute!) yesterday, so they drove it to pick Brad and Amy up at the airport so that they could see it. MIL/FIL will drive the car up to Colorado Springs in a week or so, then drive Brad's truck back here and sell it. It's a 2-wheel drive and everyone in Colo Spgs wants 4-wheel, so it would be better to sell it here. It's only about a year old; nice shiny GMC extended cab.

We had a good lunch; came right back home though and found out that Brad and Amy's flight from DFW to Colorado Springs has been cancelled. Fortunately, Amy's parents (who live in Dallas) are back in Colorado keeping the girls so at least they're in good hands until the weather clears up and B/A get to leave.

I need to run to the store for a few things -- mostly for the week's lunches. Slow day on the board, huh?
  • Hello! I'm new here and plan to restart the CORE program again tomorrow! I tried it once, lost some weight, never felt hungry, and it worked well with my low blood sugar!

Now to get back into the swing of things! I'm HAPPY to have found this forum today!
  • Hey Chicks! No word from Frouf. I hope she made her earlier flight. Her regular flight is an hour and 20 minutes late. So she's due in at O'Hare in about 20 minutes. Her flight out to Ottawa is at 8:10 which is only 30 minutes from now. Her connection will be tough.

I was on the phone alot today. My middle Sister who lives far from me fell this moring and broke her ankle in three places and dislocated it. Tomorrow she's having Kathy surgery to implant a plate and whatever number of screws are appropriate. The big problem is that she has had two strokes and never went to physical or speech therapy. The ankle she broke was on her GOOD leg. Dear Lord. So I talked to my Niece (her daughter) and the Niece I'm close with and my other Sister to brief everyone. Then I talked to my Sister in the hospital. Then I talked to my friend Cindy. All is not well there and I don't even have the energy to talk about it right now. I just ate 8 saltine crackers with smart balance and I just finished my Core dinner about 45 minutes ago. Damn stress eating!

I'm going to go watch TV. Even though I couldn't have gone to the airport anyway, I'm disappointed.

Kathy, will you be nervous to meet me and Jim in October? I feel a fun kind of nervous but I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to hear where you'll be staying so I can come up with a plan for food. That is what is important, isn't it?!!!!
  • Oh Yeah....I forgot to tell you all that horrible thunderstorms moved through here around 3:00 which is probably how Frouf's flight ended up getting delayed so long. We've been getting a lot of bad storms lately.

I'll be back in the morning to catch up.
  • I think you nailed it with the "fun kind of nervous"! I have decided to stay a stop or two north of Great Lakes because they have a lot of hotels with discounts. If they're all booked though, I'll have to go to Plan B. I'm waiting for a few weeks until I know for sure that Oct. 20 is the day, and then to find out what the schedule is for him to leave for Pensacola.

Sounds like Judd won't be going, so it'll probably just be me. That's okay though; I'll be fine.
  • Hi All:

We're back from our trip and I won't even discuss the food and drink over the weekend Nope, won't tell ...thank goodness that Monday is a new day!

Welcome ZZan. I'm one of the newest ones here. You'll find lots of support and humor here.

Can't wait to hear from Froufy and I'm glad it rained in Texas even if it means storms for others. Sandra, the dance teacher calls that kind of cuddly dancing "snatch and grab"...nothing wrong with that :devil!
  • see, I'm baack...can't get the smilies right

Ok, here we go....
  • Hi friends. We've been visiting family today after being at church for 5 hours this morning...I'm so tired. It's not even 10pm but I'm headed to bed. I hope that you all had good days and that tomorrow is even better.

Vickie, sorry you didn't get to see Frouf. I'm even sorrier that you have had so much emotional stress today. It's not easy to break the habit of emotional eating, you know I've tried too. But think how good you did compared to the past.

My computer's getting ready to crash. Good night!
  • suzanne. we're glad you found the forum, too.

vickie, that's sad about your sister. i'm also sad you didn't get to see frouf.

kathy, you and vickie are going to have fun together.
  • Hmmm, you know, Chicago is only a 4-5 hour drive from where I live. Maybe if Kathy and Vickie are meeting up, I could come up too and make it a real Core reunion. What do you two think?

Night all,
    Angela
  • rhonda, snatch and grab sounds good to me. i'll bet you had a good time this weekend. welcome home.

melissa, you and your puter played out today? did you have fun with family?

vickie, you did great with all the stress going on.