Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #121  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, did you get all your laundry done yesterday? I have a couple of loads to do today. How is your face ache this morning? That used to happen to me and it was my sinuses. They are just tiny and any irration make them swell which then makes my ear hurt. I use that Ocean Spray a lot and it seems to help. I can't believe you don't have any credit cards. We pay our balance off every month and really just keep them for emergency or convenience. So much of the country is in debt. I'm sure it was just the weight of the food in your tummy last night. That's more food than you usually eat so it was a shock to you! I'm glad it was back down for you again this morning. It'll be even lower tomorrow. Your gifts sound great. Did everything fit in the box for each person? I keep trying to think of who to give notecards to but no one I know writes anymore. They are all email junkies.

Patti, what a great idea to warm up the house. It's chilly here again today and I have the heat on to 70. I just pulled a recipe for a peaches and cream oatmeal cake that I may try to make today. That'll help keep the heating bill down. It's not that cold here but it's very damp. It just keeps on raining and that is SO unlike Fall here. You make a good point about smoking being an addiction. I quit in 1990 after smoking for 18 years. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I knew if I didn't quit, Jim wouldn't date me. I guess I wanted him more than the cigarettes!

Paula, you sure do sound like you have it all together! I'm ashamed. I'm retired an my house is a mess. I guess I'm not TOO ashamed or I'd fix it! We're having rotisserie chicken today. I hit a pretty good sale too. I love Rosebud farm whole chickens. My sale was only .79 a pound though. Still great. I'm SO glad you like the apple cake. I will definitely be making it again. Did you use the vanilla pudding or the butterscotch?

Rhonda, Happy Birthday to you....a little belated...but with many wishes for many more to come your way! How did you do at the party yesterday?

Sandra, you had a fun day yesterday! Did the Grands like the movie? Did you get the .99 dress? I have an auction ending today for the Lane Bryant bras that I love which were discontinued in my size. Today's is a beautiful coral colored one and I don't have any like it. I need to get my butt in gear and lose some weight. They still carry the style in the next lower size.

Angela, when is your test? Did I send you the link for the hotel close to me? I have to go back and look at my messages again.

Kathy, tell Shaun we are all counting on him to graduate!

Melissa, THANK GOD you posted! You are SO grounded....isn't that how parents are...happy the kid is ok and then grumpy because they were worried?.....

Frouf, I hope the Nyquil worked for you and that you got some rest. I think you are going to need some big girl drugs. Even then, it took the whole 10 days for me to feel better. I hope the warzone did not start up again last night. Maybe your Ex could talk some sense into her? Maybe she can stay with him for a while. Sheesh....you've got a long road ahead of you.

Okey dokey....I'm off to make a menu thread and look at the Sunday sale papers.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #122  
Southside White Sox Fan

OOPS! I lost track of the date again. Kathy, would you change the menu thread title to show September 24? I'm going to go start a new weekly chat thread for today.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #123  

Height: 5'7"

Locking...
Closed Thread