Help Need Lunch Ideas!!!!

• Hi! I've decided to try core and need lunch ideas. My problem is I do NOT have access to a refrigerator or microwave at lunch. I do have access to a cooler. Any help greatly appreciated!

Gin

Oh yeah does SF cool whip count as core?
  • I'll answer the easy question first. No Cool Whip is Core. Some are low calorie enough that one serving is no points. I don't count points for my Cool Whip unless I use a lot in a recipe.

Yikes on lunch! I have a hard time and I'm retired. I think salads and fruit with FF cottage cheese would work for you. Consider soup in a thermos. I love Healthy Choice split pea with ham and Progresso Lentil. I make a Cornmeal chicken recipe that I absolutely adore cold. It's on our menu board. Hope this helps.
  • I think you need to think about salads, or cut up veggies and maybe some tuna salad or egg salad or chicken salad made w/ff mayo? I agree that sliced cold chicken breast on a salad is also great!

Soups in a thermos as Vickie mentioned should also work - as would some stews or pasta dishes using whole wheat pasta?

Good luck!

Frouf
  • Hard boiled eggs or raw veggies.
  • That's a tough one! I like to cook chicken in the crockpot in ff italian. It is very good cold and would make a good sandwich or topper for salad. Or just by itself! Some homemade core hummus or other dip, veggies, core cheeses, soups....hmmm, I'm repeating everyone else here....I'll think about it!
  • I make a couscous salad with diced cucumber, tomato, and scallion. I make the couscous with low salt chicken broth, fluff it, add the diced veggies, a splash of olive oil and I use apple cider vinegar. It's yummy cold or room temperature. Hope that helps.
  • Are you able to take a cooler that has a cold-pack inside to keep things sort of cool? A baked potato with FF cheese and sour cream would keep well, as would bananas and apples, sliced tomatoes, even light string cheese (only 1 point).
  • Taco salad!
  • Thanks for the info. My cooler does keep things cold.
    gin