Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:16 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hi Paua, I'm so happy for you. You sound very excited and busy. Are you able to have some time off for everything that needs to get done?

Frouf, your shopping looks like fun. I love both of the dresses, tough choices. Bernie just mentioned that soon we'll be thinking about the winter trip. I told him that I already am. Actually, I bought a nice skirt with complementing sweater set at L.C. yesterday. It was half price and will perfect for all getaways.

Vickie, so glad that everything is going well. It's good that you'll be in contact with the professionals a lot. It's reassuring to hear that everything is okay. Sounds like Jim is ready to go. Hey, that's great. I'm sure that his shoulder will let him know when to slow down. I do hope that you slept well last night. You need to take it easy now.

Sandra, enjoy your movie with the grands. I'm sure you will all love it. We'll probably see it one of these days, but I think my first choice is a Devil of a Job with Meryl Streep. Maybe we'll go this weekend.

Melissa, it will be good to have the yard sale. Don't stress, and try to have fun. It's a neighbourhood thing, isn't it? You can socialize while your negotiating.
Hey, it's Friday girl!

Niki, what's the forecast? We're having sunshine right now, but rain returning this afternoon. At least, it's great for the grass.

Kathy, did you poop out last night? Hope you're doing well.

I'm going to get my manicure and pedicure that I purchased from the Children's Hospital silent auction. My appointment is for 10:00. I also made an appointment for Thursday to get my hair cut. Ever since Kathy brought it up, I've had the bee in my bonnet. I may just do a shorter version of my current style, or look for something a "little" different. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Okay, coffee time, have a great day.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #137  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Happy Friday. I was SO looking forward to this day as being one that had Jim on the mend. He is! He hurts from therapy but he's says it's more ache than pain like he used to have before. Quite a lot of bone was removed including a hook that stabbed him all the time. He has exercises to do twice a day at home. He doesn't go to therapy again until Monday so I'm kind of anxious about whether or not he will do them religiously. He says he will and it sounds like the therapist told him some horror stories about people who didn't do their therapy. I don't want to nag but am quite capable of it if necessary!

I slept like a brick from 11:30 until 6:30 this morning. I think I got up once to use the washroom but really don't remember. Of course, we have lots to do this morning before the Doctor so I can't stay long. Jim wants me to try to wash his hair in the sink for him. This isn't going to be easy since he's 6 foot 2 and I'm 5 foot 2. I'll give it the old college try!

Now lets see how much I can catch up!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:35 AM   #138  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Poop! I just typed a long post and lost it. Dang. I clicked on Saundra's picture to get a better look at her hair and lost what I had typed in the box. Oh well, I'll have to come back later since I'm out of time and must go get ready. I'll try to come back before we leave for the Doctor.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #139  

Height: 5'7"

I'm here, just too busy to stay. Hope everybody's doing well.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #140  
Melissa

Morning!

Paula, Congrats on your new home! I feel your pain about packing and moving though. We are still trying to unpack boxes a month later.

Vickie, good luck washing that hair! I hope that you two have a great day. I'm so glad Jim is doing so well.

Saundra, I would love a new hairstyle too. Mine just hangs there pitifully. Sounds like a great day for you! Enjoy!

Frouf, I like your choices, especially the bathing suit. And you get a big for going to the gym last night. You're doing so well with your exercise!

Time to do some work...
Old 06-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #141  
Melissa

Kathy we just miss you when you aren't around.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #142  

Here I am, nothing done. They double booked, which meant, there was no one to service me. I changed the appointment to next Thursday. I will not use this place ever again! The owner was there, and not at all helpful. She has bad grammar. Grrrr!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #143  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Saundra - I hate when businesses have no real concept of customer service! I too would have been upset (what place by the way?). Hope in the end it's worth it and you get a fabulous manicure/pedicure.

Melissa and Paula - should have their garage sales together? right?

Paula - big congrats on the house purchase - how exciting for you. Good luck with the packing and the move!

Vickie - so how were you as a shampoo girl? But more importantly how much did Jim tip you? ha ha ha

Glad you hear you got a good night's rest and that Jim is recuperating well. Just wondering how you get 'hooks' in your bones? That sure sounds painful?

Kathy - thanks for checking in! Hope you are not being worked to death tho and have time to take a break?

Sandra - waiting for your 'movie review'! I think you will enjoy it.

Wendy - sounds like you got back on track despite the stress - how did your WI go?

Okay CALLING ALL SHOPPERS - come on people now - let's get cracking. I need some help here (see previous post). Sounds like a tie for the dresses and one vote for the bathing suit - now I KNOW you can do better than that??

I am at work today - altho the sun is desperately trying to peek out - looks like some rain/thunderclouds hanging around tho! It's pretty quiet here as many people take off the Friday before a long weekend! I also just realized all the stores will be CLOSED tomorrow (stat holiday) so I should try and get to a grocery store tonight to stock up for the weekend?

Sounds like tomorrow daytime should be okay (hot/humid but no rain) but 40% chance of rain in the evening which will probably cause major firework cancellations throughtout the city!

I am planning to go to gym after work today too as they are closed tomorrow and Monday - but I will still need to MOVE MY BUTT over the weekend to keep things moving in the right direction. May end up at sil's pool so will try to do some laps!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Frouf
Old 06-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #144  

It's Spa Haven at Woodroffe and Strandherd. They're new and you'd think that they'd be trying harder. I still managed to spend $$ today, a new pair of shoes and a top for the skirt that Bernie got me last month. I'm definitely spending more than my very small income.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #145  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, darn it! That was part of the lost post. Here ya go:

I vote definite yes on the bathing suit. Very flattering and brown is very in for summer and fall this year.

I also love the first dress with the jacket and beads. The second dress doesn't do it so much for me because the flowers are bigger. I'm not wild about big flowers on short Vickie's and Froufies! The blouse doesn't do much for me either but then I guess I have a thing against big flowers. It would, however, look great and be comfortable over black fancy pants! That's my honest vote. Gotta go feed Honey Lamb lunch. I'll be back.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #146  
Melissa

I honestly second everything that Vickie just said!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #147  

I just went back, and the only thing that I'd have reservations about would be the blouse. I find it a little busy. However, I like both dresses, but prefer the first if you only want one.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #148  

I also vote a yes on the bathing suit. I think it would flatter and be comfortable.

I like both dresses...my favorite was the 2nd, but I defer to everyone else's opinions on large flowers. I'm not known for my fantasic fashion sense. My uniform consists of jeans and plaid button-down shirts, usually. Although, the one I'm wearing today has flowers on it, and it snaps!

I'm still OP. Had a few close calls, but I managed to avoid trouble. We'll see how it goes over the holiday here. We have just one scheduled barbecue to go to, and it's mostly family, so I can bring chicken and fruit/veggies, and be fine I think.

Later,
Angela
Old 06-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #149  

Height: 5'7"

Whew, what a day! I just got home from work. I'll also be working tomorrow and hopefully Monday (we're closed the 3rd and 4th) if I can get someone to come in. Tomorrow Judd's going to open the area, let me in, then come back later to get me. That's what happens when you work in a secret area, I suppose. You can't just walk in and start working. There's paperwork everytime the door locks and unlocks, we have to swipe in and enter a PIN everytime we come in, and just a certain few have access to all the combos and alarm codes. Damn Commies are ruining my schedule. Thank goodness it's let up in the past few years though -- we used to have to be searched every time we left.

I stopped by the store and got buns, mustard, onions and tomatoes, etc. so that we can eat hot dogs all weekend. I'm trying to avoid cooking, and we have a ton of hot dogs because they were 10 for $10 not long ago. I stocked up, but the worst thing is that there's a burn ban in effect and we can't grill outdoors. ALREADY! I guess I'll either broil them or use the GF.

Frouf, I couldn't wear that shirt but some people can carry it off. Flowers aren't my thing ... however, it's a great deal if you like it and also if you are a flower wearer. I like the swimsuit too.

I hope Jim's doing fine this afternoon; I haven't gotten to read much but I see that he has good range of motion, and am pleased with that. I'd like to be so lucky, but apparently my injury is different than a planned and controlled surgery, so I should just shaddup about it. The doctor says I'm lucky that I can already walk.

Now ... let me go read and I'll be back in a while. I hope everybody's having a great day. Congrats, Angela, for staying OP. That is quite an accomplishment, so you'll be back to goal in no time flat.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:38 PM   #150  
focused and aiming

hi there. we are now home from lunch and the movies with the grands. talk about temptations! the girls loaded up on candies at cracker barrel and we "snuck' them into the theater. when we got home, i found a whole package of malted milk balls in my pocket. grandpa ate all of them. i stayed op all day and plan to tonight, too. are you impressed? (i am.)

frouf, i am glad you and dh are able to escape to the movies. i forget that you don't have much "the 2 of us" time. it's almost always just curtis and me. yes vote for the suit.

paula, congratulations on finding your new home.

saundra, that sounds like a good movie, too. i hope you go see it and give us a report.

vickie, i'm glad you got some rest last night. nag jim if you need to. he needs the pt. you'll be doing it for his own good.

kathy and melissa, you are 2 busy chicks.

frouf, we did enjoy superman. i have to admit i shed a few tears. now the grands? they ate the whole time. popcorn, different candies and licorice. curtis had 2 pkgs of m&m's. i just sat and watched the movie. oh!! you wanted a review of the flick not the concessions. i loved it and am waiting on the next one to come out. how about you?

congratulations,k angela. you're rocking, girl.

kathy, we don't have burn bans yet but they are coming. enjoy your hot dogs. sounds good to me.
Closed Thread