3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Board Chat #45 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/85866-core-board-chat-45-a.html)

ontarget 06-05-2006 12:16 AM

kathy, i hope you go to the doctor. by any chance are you getting toward menopause? my last movie was king kong, too. we're adventurers, aren't we? seriously, take care of yourself. go to the doctor and find out what's going on.

melissa, pee uuuuu!!! that liquid fence is strong stuff. it worked last year. the deer have already been nibbling on my roses. only 2 bushes are blooming so far. i get soooooo mad at those deer--especially when they nibble my bushes wayyyy down before i even get one flower. oh, well. the liquid fence is in place.

congratulations on being prepared. all i've done for tomorrow is set the alarm. i have an appt with the rheumatologist at 9:15 then the podiatrist immediately afterwards. the senior games are fri. i want to be as spry as possible. lol

sauniemay 06-05-2006 08:56 AM

Sandra, hope the appointments go well and that you are close to normal soon. Glad I don't have to smell the liquid fence. They spray around here in the fall as we have government "experimental" farms around here. There is open land between our house and ds's. There is a family of deer that live in the trees. It's so cool to see them when they come out and graze in the early evening. I know that they can be a pain though.

Kathy, could the new meds be bothering your system? It wouldn't hurt to ask your surgeon. You should get to the bottom of it though. Of course, money stresses can't help either.

Melissa, wow you are one super core lady. I know what you mean about all the recipes. Every so often I look for something and rediscover the good ones all over again. I use the search, ie chicken and at least they are highligted. I am very proud of you, and hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor this week.

Frouf, we went to New York for the first time last June. We absolutely fell in love with it. We went to Dizzy's Coca Cola Club in the Time Warner building. It was a real up scale jazz club, with very chic clientel. We also saw an off Broadway play. My niece in Toronto works for a theatre and usually gets us good tickets wherever we want to go. The first time we saw Phantom it was fourth row centre, and we met Colm Wilkinson after the performance. The best thing that I've seen is Les Mis with Colm Wilkinson. I get shivers just thinking of how grand it was. The Urban Pear is absolutlely wonderful. Their menu is just a little different. I had beef tenderloin with Israeli couscous and spaghetti squash.

Today, Bernie is off and it's nice so far. He's going jogging soon. I bid on a manicure and pedicure at a silent auction for the Children's Hospital, and I won it, so will pick up my certificate this morning. We're probably going to see DaVinci Code this afternoon. Everyone who's seen it, has liked it., so now it's our turn. I'll let you know. After that, we'll go to Mr. B's.

Okay, now that I've written a novel, guess I'll go get ready,:)

Vickie 06-05-2006 09:15 AM

Good Morning Chicks! It's a new day and a new program. I'm going to get on the treadmill in a few moments so that I don't spend all day dreading it. I'll have to have my computer time later. The scale is still up this morning and that dreaded discomfort I had last fall is back. Ugh.

Saundra, it is always so nice to hear that you had a nice time with Natan. I need to schedule my Great Niece's sleepover. Your NY trip sounded spectacular. I understand why you'd like to go back. Are you going to have the manicure and pedicure today or are you just picking up the certifcate?

Frouf, you do sound absolutely delighted with the play. You should do MORE rather than less of these since they seem to renew your spirit. As for the stiff neck, my guess is that you need a new pillow. That's the first thought I have when I start getting sore during sleep. Hope you got some good sleep last night.

Kath, I hope you're feeling better this morning and that it's nothing serious. Are your symptoms possibly side effects from your medicine? I'm glad you're going to the surgeon today. I hope you tell him what's up. Maybe you could tell Judd to cut back on golfing so you wouldn't feel guilty going to the Doctor. Sheesh! I'm hoping that you slept well but I'm guessing you didn't because of your budget worries.

Sandra, there's a westerly breeze blowing in my window this morning. What is that smell? :o :D I hope the liquid fence works to keep those pesky deer from nibbling on your tender rose bushes. It's good you're having a tune up today so that you can given them **** at the Senior Olympics.

Melissa, I'm impressed and motivated by your determination. I hope you have a great day.

I'm trying not to be so sad. Jim says I can fix this and I know I can. I think my sadness is hormonal and menopausal. It's hard to fight through hormones, but I'm trying!

sauniemay 06-05-2006 09:39 AM

My sweet Vickie, have you tried Evening Primrose. It was recommended to me when I started menopause, and did wonders. I took two a day. Ask your doctor, but it really is a good thing.:hug:

RoseB 06-05-2006 10:18 AM

Vicki, wish I had something profound to tell you. I wonder if the primrose might help you. I never had a problem with menopause, just quit one month and that was it. I guess I was lucky.

Saundra it is funny you say ask your Doctor. Heck, I find the druggist knows more the Dr. I am allergic to Sulfa drug. I started to take Sulfate Glucosamine Chondroitine and noticed the Sulfate. I asked the Dr. and he said he did not know , because it says Sulfate. I went right downstairs asked my druggist and he said there would be no problem with me taking it. He then he went and looked it up for me and showed me the information about it. I guess the Dr's have a hard time keeping up with all the different things.

Kathy, hope you are feeling in the pink soon.

Waving to you all, I will come back later and read.
Blue skies, (and it is today)
Rose

aghiowa 06-05-2006 10:22 AM

Hair Help

1 Attachment(s)
Okay all, here's a completely frivolous, non-Core related question (or 15) that I truly need help with.

I'm in this choir, right? Well, it's being televised all over North America via satellite etc, right? Well, I found out I'm in the front row. :dizzy: So, I really need help with my hair. I know little to nothing about styling hair, but I want it to look decent for this event. I usually put it in a ponytail or wind it up in a french roll thing and secure it with a big clippy thing. BUT, I would like to have it down for this event, and I haven't a clue.

I've attached a picture, so you can see what I'm working with. It's pretty curly, and very thick, especially on the sides. Every day I shampoo, conditioner, and air dry. That's it. It drives me crazy when it's down, because it fluffs in my eyes and around my neck, hangs in my eyes when I bend over, etc. I feel like a big sheepdog or something. Is there anyway to keep it curly, but manageable, away from my face, and not fluffy? What products/techniques do I need? HELP!

Thanks guys. :)

Angela

ontarget 06-05-2006 10:40 AM

saundra, we enjoy watching the deer, too. i have even been known to peek through the blinds to watch them eat my roses. lol oh, well, they have to eat, too.

wow, vickie!! you can smell the liq fence? :lol: it is potent stuff all right. i feel like several of us are up early this am getting our game faces on for our new start. we're going to be all right. i was reading what they have at the bottom of the page about eat good, look good, feel good. i'm glad you're getting your exercise over with early. i'll do mine after i get back from the doctors' and after lunch. keep your chin up. we just had a hiccup. we'll do it.

hi there, rose. bet you're surprised to see me here this early. have a good day.

angela, i don't know much about hair. how about talking to a salon?

sauniemay 06-05-2006 11:06 AM

Sandra, guess there is something to that saying. It's not so easy to follow all the time, but the results are rewarding!

Angela, your hair looks really thick. I bet that a stylist would want to layer it a little. Would you consider a cut? Looks to me like you have great hair to work with.:)

Froufy 06-05-2006 11:06 AM

Angela - I think your hair is GORGEOUS - definitely a lot of potential - you probably need some specific products for your type of hair? This might 'tame' it a bit - and I would think you should blow dry it to maintain a 'shape' or style? Do you have a blowdryer/ round brush? You should experiment a bit and see what happens - there are several non frizzing/smoothing products on the market. I agree that maybe talking to a stylist might help? Good luck.

Saundra - forgot to mention the Schwartz's connection. My ex-dh's mother was a schwartz - her dad OWNED the deli believe it or not. My ex FIL met her there and used to have a pt job slicing the smoked meat! Unfortunately ex-dh's mom passed away when he was 8 so I never got to know her (and could never understand why his dad did not go into the BUSINESS - is he insane???). My dd is actually named after her (Ethel = Etel = Emily)!

Hope you have a lovely day of outings - weather is beautiful - warming up quite nicely! Let us know how you like the movie (did you read the book?).

Vickie - I have also heard of evening primrose but have not tried it yet. I used to take 5-htp for those 'blue' feelings and also helpful for sleeping - might start taking that again (takes like 2-3 weeks to start working!).

Sandra - hope your dr appts go well and you are certified 'spry' for Friday!

I am soooo very tired today - I was yawning and all but when the lights went off I just lay there tossing and turning and wondering and worrying. This did not make for a good night's sleep - of course there was dh snoring and sleeping like a baby! hmmmph!

And of course things were a bit 'touchy' this morning after I asked him why he was NOT applying for the job my gf mentioned? Her dh got a job at a new high tech firm and they are looking for someone with my dh's skills. Well they are a 'military' outfit you know! Yes, but you would be working on communications (not weapons - yes I already checked this out w/my gf!). Well I want to work on my amp design....well that's nice and all, but frankly we are eating into our savings and would you rather work for a military company or sleep in your car?

I then suggested he should maybe look into a part time job if he wants to continue pursuing his company idea? In October it will be two years that he has been unemployed and I think that's enuf! I also reminded him that I really miss some of the things I used to be able to do without having to worry about $$$. Of course I get a bit of a cold shoulder when I leave the house - and I say yup 'mean old mom making you go out and work' - he does realize the stress I'm under but is so hung up on his 'idea' that he doesn't realize the sacrifices being made.

I am now worried about day camps for little ds and decided maybe no real birthday party this year (all other kids have those special event parties: swimming, bowling, arcades) - probably cost around $150 which is one week of camp! I am also dreading september - when there are always those beginning of school expenses - and let's not even mention dance class. I really really don't want to stop the dance classes cuz dh is not working - not fair to dd - I do get child support from her dad but certainly not enuf to pay for everything (and rightly so - I do also have to support her!).

Need to find some good lucrative stocks to invest in over the summer so I can make some $$$ :D

Frouf

P.S. Angela - just had another look at your hair - have you ever considered layering it? Like shorter on the sides? I am wondering if that might get rid of all that bulk/fuzziness on the bottom? Just a thought!

Mattandgabbysmom 06-05-2006 11:09 AM

Good morning Ladies, I just got back from WW and I lost 1.4, that is a total of 9.6 in 3 weeks. I will be back to read the post, I really have to clean my house, dh was home with the kiddies all day yesterday while I was at the wedding shower, could you imagine what it looks like!

Katpo 06-05-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget
kathy, i hope you go to the doctor. by any chance are you getting toward menopause?

I had a total hysterectomy 20 years ago and have been on hormones since then. They're fine, it's just me.

Well, good morning everybody. I was late for work (what's new?) and the Air Force is here today. They're looking for Mavs tickets but I'm staying out of it. We found a pair for $2200 yesterday on ebay but I doubt they'd want to pay that much. Anyway, I'm feeling frazzled from getting a late start although I do look very cute today with a new pantsuit. It's (Froufy) pink linen with the same color pink embroidery around the bottom of the pant legs and bottom of the top. At least it helps to look decent.

I'll be back in a minute. Right now I have to go look at Angela's hair.

septembersgoal 06-05-2006 11:38 AM

Morning all. I can't stay but just wanted to say hello. I've had a busy morning already and I'm hoping to get out of here a little bit early today. I'm looking forward to my lunch and my dinner! This is exciting. I hope that you are all op and feeling great!

Congrats to Niki on her loss! :goodscale

:dust: for us all. We can do it!

Vickie 06-05-2006 11:45 AM

I can't stay because this joint is hopping......but I have a suggestion for Angela. My Niece swears by a Suzanne Somers product. I'll have to look it up and tell you later. As far as style.....assuming you don't want to cut it....how about taking the two large sections on each side of your part in the front nearest to your face and braiding it. I've then seen girls pull the braids back off their face and secure them around the back or down over the ear. This would give you some type of control and maybe make your hair seem less full? I'll see if I can find a picture.

Vickie 06-05-2006 11:49 AM

How about this?

http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/ga...uct/hair-roll/

Vickie 06-05-2006 11:51 AM

Or this?

http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/ga.../reverse-roll/