Trying Core

• I've been going to WW since the first of Jan and have lost 32 lbs. I've always done Flex up to this point. I thought maybe I'd switch this week and try Core. I'm really nervous though that I will overeat. Also, I'm used to my 100 cal snack paks and English Muffin w/ PB for breakfast. Any suggestions.
  • yes a good way to start is to start w one portion and have more after if you need it.
    as for the muffins the thomas light whole grain muffins are one point
    good luck! and congrats on your loss!
  • Jen, much congratulations on your outstanding weight loss since January! I LOVE when people try Core and we certainly welcome your hanging out here with us.

I read your message earlier and thought about it for a while before I responded. As much as I think everyone would like Core and would like them to try it, I'm not sure you'll be happy with it.

If you are going to want to continue eating your EM with PB every day for breakfast you'll have to count points for it. I'm not sure what that adds up to but it must be around 6 points? At an average of 5 points per day you 35 WPA's would not be enough to cover breakfast and/or your 2 points 100 calorie treats. My advice would be to try Core....completely! Try the oatmeal and fruit for breakfast....or an omelet with veggies....or Farina/cream of wheat....or shredded wheat with banana and save your points for your 100 calorie treats or whatever else you'd like that's not Core. If you're not willing to switch your breakfast, I think Core will be tough for you. JMHO!

Good Luck with whatever you decide!
  • You need to learn to eat more healthy stuff for breakfast. Protein and whole grains will last you much long than 100 calorie packs.
  • WOW Susan, you a truly are an Inspiration, how long did it take you to lose all your weight & was it all on core. great job, you must feel fabulous.
  • Great job so far!! I like to have oatmeal and eggs for breakfast.
  • I need help!!!! I am new to the Core Plan. I am a WW from way, way, way back and thought the Core Program might be good for me. I read over my booklet, but am at a bit of a loss. Am wondering if there is a "Menu plan" to give some guidance. I just don't know where to begin, or what would be a good breakfast source, etc.

Would appreciate any kind of advice...

jps
  • A good idea would be to look over our daily menu threads. Be aware that sometimes they're not completely Core, but you can get some good ideas there. Also, check out our recipe board for some great recipes.

As far as breakfast, you can have hot cereal like Cream of Wheat, oatmeal, etc. Or cold cereals like shredded wheat or puffed wheat. Eggs are also Core, so you can do a lot with them too. I also like having fruit & yogurt for breakfast too.

Good luck, and feel free to join us on our weekly chat board.

Angela