3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   The Support is Great on Core Board 38! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/74488-support-great-core-board-38-a.html)

Itryharder 02-02-2006 05:13 PM

Vickie,
good luck on your procedure. You're going to feel sooooo much better when this is all over.
Frouf,
Hope your trip is great.
Sandra,
I'm retired too and am trying Flylady for housekeeping tips so I don't have to hate cleaning the house. So far I like the change in my attitude,so I'll keep up with her program. It's so funny because I've been married for 40 years and I still like to cook, but the housekeeping lately had been making me very annoyed. Changing my attitude and doing things in little bits of time has been enlightening.
Melissa, I'd love to be where you and Sandra are right now in the weight dept., but I've got to keep doing the right things. I've had way too many interruptions lately so I've gained and now I'm maintaining the gain. Not the way to go!
Coco,
How did you like the soup? It's always good to see your messages.
Kathy,
Wow, I had never heard of a wrap that would do so much good. Good for you and what a treat to wear such tiny sized pants. Weigh to go!

My WW leader had an interesting point last night. With the Super Bowl parties coming up, she said to think about what we can eat rather than what we're not going to eat. Plan it--beverages, snacks, do we need to bring something to a party that will help us tremendously? Anyway, you get the idea and sometimes I try really hard not to eat something that I know will throw off my weight loss instead of concentrating on the good foods that will allow me to lose weight. So, this weekend that's what I'll be concentrating on. I really want to see a weight loss this week.
Good luck to us all.
Judy Itry :chef:

Vickie 02-02-2006 06:23 PM

Judy, I put a great Super Bowl party bean and guacamole dip recipe in our files. I just might make it just for myself. Thanks for the support on my procedure.

I just stopped by before cooking dinner. It's only 5:15 and I find that I'm hungry already.

But then, I've always been more hungry during TOM. Part of the curse!

Katpo 02-02-2006 07:09 PM

Thankfully we have no interest in this year's Super Bowl so Judd isn't going anywhere. I might watch it with him (for the commercials, of course) and we'll make some snacks.

I'm not eating tonight because I'm making fried chicken for the kids. While it's very, very good, it's not what I should be eating. Judd has gone this afternoon to play golf with the AF people, and tonight they're going downtown Fort Worth. Erin's working, Shaun's going with a friend, Kate will be with her BF, so it'll just be me, the dogs and cat, and TiVo'd episodes of Judge Judy. :lol: Yippee!

nurseinnc 02-02-2006 07:13 PM

Good evening all, I really haven't had much time to post in the past few days. Vacation has come to an end:( so I am back to work tomorrow night and back on track with WW. I did go to weigh in today and I actually lost a 1/2 pound. I was shocked, I really thought I would have gained. I am going to the gym in a little while to get back on track there as well. Hopefully next Thurs I will have lost more. I hope you all have a good evening.
Paula

Katpo 02-02-2006 07:21 PM

Hey, Paula! How fast does 11 days go by, huh? I hope you had a great time off ... and congrats on that loss!!

ontarget 02-02-2006 07:30 PM

we didn't go back to shoot today. we watched tv and napped. guess that was necessary. my hair stylist said my scalp condition (dry rash) was due to stress. i am very frustrated. seems every time i start doing well op and losing--my body goes haywire. i have been extremely fatigued and shakey lately. i am upset over this. i work very, very hard to be a good archer. if i have to backoff on losing till indoor season's over, then that's what i'm going to do. i am upset. (did i mention i'm upset?)

i normally shoot near perfect scores. today i was missing the target completely. something is wrong. okay, now to be positive. tomorrow i am going to go to the archery center and shoot a good game.

coco99 02-02-2006 07:54 PM

Well this is the third time I have tried to post. Both times it tells me I am not logged in. And I know I am.
So I wont write to each of you again. I did on both the other post. But do know that I am thinking of all of you.
The soup turned out pretty good.
Didnt know if I could post it here. OR do I post it somewhere else. That is if anyone wants to know how I made it

ONTARGET I am thinking of you. I am sure you will do fine this weekend. It will all work out. Just take some deep breaths and count to 3. And then aim and shoot. Will say a little prayer for you.

VICKIE Sure wish I lived close to you. I would gladly share the soup.

Well I am not going to post much. Cause I dont know if this will go through or not. Dont know what is going on. Is anyone else having trouble posting and not going through.
I hope everyone has a great night. I am Thinking of each of you. Will check in tomorrow.
coco

Katpo 02-02-2006 08:05 PM

Coco, there's a recipe forum where you can post your soup recipe. It sounds good.

I don't know of anyone having as many problems with posting as you are. I would just suggest typing into NotePad or Word and then copying/pasting it into a post. That way if it doesn't go thru, you can keep trying. The copy and paste thing isn't hard at all so I hope you figure it out soon.

Sandra, what's up with you? If anyone ever needed to journal, sounds like you do. That way you can match up what you're eating with how you're feelilng when you eat it, as well as tracking losses and gains vs. what you ate during each. I'd give it a try if I were you. I know Core's best selling point is that you don't have to journal, but it's an important thing and I believe most people who are trying to lose need it.

ontarget 02-02-2006 10:15 PM

thanks coco. i hope you can get your posts on without any more problems.

kathy, you're probably right. i will start journaling.

Katpo 02-02-2006 11:17 PM

Well, I'm about to go to bed. All the chicken is fried and cooling in the fridge. Kate and BF got home from work and they're upstairs watching a movie; Shaun is sulking because he wants to go somewhere and has no way to go. I'm not exactly crying him a river in sympathy. Erin's at work until 11:00 and Judd's still hoo-hooing downtown Fort Worth with the Air Force pilots. I have no idea when he'll be here.

I like quiet nights but also I like to have someone to talk to. It gets pretty lonely being a single woman who happens to be married.

UFSeniorGirl 02-03-2006 12:09 AM

Hey everyone! I just made the switch to Core today after speaking with a few of you yesterday about possibly switching. I look forward to getting to know you guys. When I have some extra time (which seems like never :)) I will read through this message board to learn more about you guys.

Just a little bit of info about myself....I am a single mother of a beautiful, intelligent daughter who will be two at the end of March. I wouldn't trade her for the world. She means everything to me :). I am Irish Catholic and German. I have lived my entire life in Florida. I am also a full-time Industrial and Systems Engineering student at the University of Florida. I am minoring in both Business Administration and Sales Engineering. I hope to one day become the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

Before I got pregnant I was at a "normal" weight. When I got pregnant, by my then boyfriend of two and a half years, I ate everything in site. I ate, and ate, and ate. I gained about sixty pounds. Right away I wanted to lose the weight, so I did Adkins. That was a huge mistake. My hair would fall out in clumps, (I have really thick hair, so it was hard for other people to tell, but my brush told the story) I was constipated, and very sluggish. I stopped Adkins and then gained everything back, and then some. I would lose weight by eating healty, then I would cheat and then not go back to eating right for a while. Some people are addicted to drugs, but food is my drug.

I am so disgusted with the way I look and I have finally decided to make a change, and stick with it this time. My braking point was when my friend told me, "You really are so gorgeous. You have the prettiest face of anyone I have ever known. You are so lucky that you have big, natural boobs and lips. You are the perfect height too. You should be a plus size model". My jaw dropped. I knew I gained weight, but that made it all too real for me. That was it, I had had it. How did I let myself go like this? Before I got pregnant I would have never been caught dead being overweight, let alone clinically obese.

Enough venting. As I previously stated, I cannot wait to get to know you guys. I really think talking to you guys and being accountable for my actions and getting (and giving) the support I so need is going to make this time around the last time. Thanks for listening.

Vickie 02-03-2006 07:37 AM

Good Morning Chicks! It's 6:00 a.m. here in beautiful (but dark!) Chicagoland. I'm up because of my darned pulled muscle in my neck. I just couldn't lay down any more. I rubbed Ben Gay on myself the best I could and I've propped myself up at the keyboard!

We watched TV all last night since Jim has a lot on DVR for us. I guess you'd have to say that we are hooked on "pretty" reality TV. We watch American Idol, Dancing With the Stars and Skating With the Stars. I used to take ballroom dancing lessons early in my adult life but haven't danced in years. Jim would never take lessons but I would again in a minute but only if I could convince him to do it with me. It was also VERY expensive.

Kathy, what a bummer for you last night. I'm sure the quiet was nice but I don't know how you deal with the single/married thing. I'm WAY too old-fashioned for that. I told Jim right up front before we got married that I don't believe in separate vacations and nights out with the guys/girls. I got married late in life and want to spend my time with my husband. Rarely do we do things separately. I hope Judd got home, safe and sound, right after you posted your message.

Sandra, I use my online menu here as my journal of sorts. When I eat strictly Core foods, Core works for me. What doesn't work is when I get sloppy with my tracking of the 35 WPA's. You mentioned feeling carb deprived. I'm not following. When you are doing Core do you avoid carbs? I don't.....and haven't since the beginning. If you were eating oatmeal or Farina or Cream of Wheat at breakfast and potato/rice/pasta at dinner and maybe even some starch at lunch too, I'd think your body would feel carb happy. When I eat my whole grain carbs at two meals or more, I don't feel so likely to grab the other stuff that costs me my 35 WPA's because I'm satisifed. Maybe you're feeling bad because you are going too Atkins? I was so sad to see that you are so upset. You must have some other things going on if your stress is coming out in your scalp. I know that you are a VERY positive person, but are you maybe holding some things in that you should be dealing with? I can't believe that archery and eating healthy would ever be at opposition with each other. I've always heard that athletes think it is essential to eat healthy. I hope you figure out what's going on because I could just hear the distress in your voice.

Melissa, were you at school? I don't remember what nights you go to class.

Frouf, hope you're still having a ball. We miss you.

Senior, :welcome3: !!!! I'm glad you decided to take the plunge. We have a profile thread that we all filled out that will tell you a little bit about each of us. You are our youngest chick yet! We do have other young Moms on the board. Are you attending WW meetings? I do. I'm 49 (soon to be 50) and retired early from the Federal Government. You are SO smart to have identified your eating problems and to have begun to deal with them at such an early age. I only wish I had your wisdom. I've spent my entire life obese. I've lost 46 and have 115 left to go. But, I'm determined and know that I can eat the Core way for the rest of my life. I don't know if you cook, but we have an amazing thread of recipes at the top of our board. Some of them are extremely easy and many freeze well for multiple meals. You sound like an emotional eater as many of us are here on this board. I have used food to comfort myself all of my life. Good Luck. I attend my meetings weekly, but these women here are what keep me committed every day of the week.

Coco, have you tried the copy and paste yet? You really should practice because it would end all of your frustration. Here is a link to a website that gives a very basic tutorial of how to cut and paste. Maybe if you see it, it will be clearer than us trying to explain it to you. http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html. Just always remember that when any text is highlighted for copying, you MUST NEVER hit return, or your whole message will disappear! You have to take your mouse and click in a white area of the message box to make the blue go away. I hope this helps. I like to get your messages and it really isn't necessary to lose them anymore if you practice the cut and paste function.

Paula, :bravo: on losing that darned 1/2 pound, especially while on vacation! Good for you.

I guess I'll go start a menu thread, although I think I'm almost the only one posting these days!

Katpo 02-03-2006 08:21 AM

Good morning! Vickie, you're a talker this morning!

Welcome, Senior! You've found the right place -- and I know you'll love it here. We don't bite at all! Just jump right in and before long, it'll seem like you've been here forever. It's our little home away from home!

Vickie, I have no idea when Judd got home, I just know that there was a lot of door opening and dog comings and goings thru the night. By the time my alarm went off at 6 and I reached over to turn it off, I realized it was stinky in the room. Then I couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up and came on to work. Judging from the amount of stinkiness, I'd say he had a big night. As for the separate lives, I thought I had made that perfectly clear from the beginning too but after a few years, he changed and now I'm low priority. He would, of course, deny it and so I guess that means he doesn't realize (yet) that it's true. Maybe one day he'll figure it out, although I doubt it.

Frouf should be just about wrapping it up, huh? I hope she's back on tomorrow or Sunday, and I sure hope Emily behaved while she was gone. Nothing worse than coming home to problems. I suppose she was staying with big DS at their dad's?

I have to figure out what I'm eating today, so I'll be back later. Hey, maybe I'll even post my menu!! ;)

Itryharder 02-03-2006 08:56 AM

Vickie,
Thanks for the reminder to post a menu. I'll do so right now because I know it helps to put it in writing.
Senior,
Welcome and congrats on taking the time to do the right thing for yourself.
Katpo,
I don't know what to say, but here's a :hug: that Judd will see what needs to improve in your life together.
Coco,
I hope you get your computer kinks worked out because what you're going through is frustrating.
Sandra,
I hear you loud and clear. Something's going on and you'll find out what it is.
I too like oatmeal and the carbs in fruit. When I need carbs, I choose grits and also couscous when I'm really doing the right thing. I feel so much better when I do that that it is astounding to me that I don't do the right thing all the time. Stress, lack of preparing and lack of planning have done me in in the past, so this year I need to set my goal at being kinder to myself and making room for myself.
Hey, take care. You're great and positive and this will pass.
I'll have my grandkids this weekend, but I'll be back to posting again on Monday.
I'm going to check out that Super Bowl recipe that was mentioned here and wish everyone a great weekend.
Judy Itry
234.6/207/thinner into onederland :cool:

Vickie 02-03-2006 08:58 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I didn't realize how long my post was. Well, what the heck else did I have to do at 6:00 in the morning? You see it took me about a half hour to post my message.

I don't remember when Frouf was due back but I was wondering.

I hope Judd realizes it before it becomes a big problem for you. Could you have gone out with them if you had wanted to?

Yeah.....Jim's up. Now I can start making phone calls!