Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #436  
Kim

Hey chickies! Sorry I've been missing in action. I started back to school and between working full time and going to school full time, I haven't had time to post. Hope you are all doing well. I haven't really been following the core plan, but I have quit eating after 5:00pm and it seems to be working better than anything ever has. That's when I always did all of my snacking/emotional eating. I had gotten back up to 164, but weighed 158 this morning....yeah! Well, just wanted to say Hi.....Take care.
BTW, that's my son Zac and me in the avatar.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #437  

Hi Kimberly,, you and your ds look great!! Glad to see you back,,,,158 you go girl.
Im almost done the church and I took a pic,,,it looks better from far away...haha its all paper and tape,,its going to be torn apart so I didnt make it too fancy. Kept me from snacking all afternoon yesterday too. hmmmm
Volleyball again tonight, this time Im anxious to go. Starting next week Im going to have friday afternoons off. I only have so many hours a week in my contract andnormally I worked friday afternoons. This way it makes for a longer weekend.
Off to see if I can post the picture I may have to play with this ...
ttyl
Old 01-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #438  

Height: 5'7"

Hey there!! I was wondering where you had run off to! What a great pic too!!! And it sounds like you're doing very well. That "eating after 5:00 p.m." thing is a very good idea!
Old 01-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #439  
focused and aiming

i'm taking a much needed break from the kitchen. i have to tell you--i'm having a blast. i made 2 recipes of sausage/cheese balls, lemon poppyseed muffin tops and banana nut muffins (mixes), and a huge chicken salad. next i'm baking carrot cake/walnut cookies (cake mix cookies). i've had 3 wpa's today. that's not bad. i think i can actually stay on program. life is good.

vickie, the syrups have a shelf life of 2 years. i'm thinking that means after being opened. i keep mine in a cabinet. i like your idea of doctoring your foods when eating out.

kathy, is opening day around easter? you know how texas is about those easter spells?

frouf, i hope you're feeling perkier. did you get that caffeine? i am caffeine free, too. well, as free as possible. i do get some in foods probably. i'd love to listen to you battle it out with qvc. you go get'm girl!

coco, good for you for getting back on track. i'm proud of you.

melissa, i need for you to do well on program. you know i'm a follower. seriously, have fun tonight. tomorrow is another day.

saundra, where did you get the milk frother? would a milkshake mixer do the same do you think?

hi, kim. thank you for telling us who's in the photo. i asked you on the valentines' challenge thread before i read your post here. it's good to see you (literally) welcome back.

patti, i'm glad you'll be having fridays off. you're going to enjoy those long weekends.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #440  

Good evening everyone.
Well dont know that I really stayed on core or not today. I ended up making some Rotini with sauce. Had a cup of that. I made it with whole wheat pasta. I hope this is one that is core. Said it was made with 100% whole durum wheat flour. The brand is Gia Russa. Got it at KMart.
Then I had 3 cups of sweet potato's. I got the new brown sugar splenda and tried it. Wasnt too bad. But I think I like the sf log cabin syrup on the sweet potato best. And I had 2 more clemetines. So I am hoping this was a good day.
Hubby still isnt feeling real good. He is taking a nap now. So not sure what is going on with him.
I guess we are suppose to have another nice day tomorrow. Then tomorrow night get rain. And then it is to turn into snow Sat. We could get 3 to 6 inches of snow.
FROUFY I hope you are feeling better.

ONTARGET Your sausage cheese balls sound good.

STEMBERSGOAL Thinking of you. Hope you had a good day. How was the dinner. I bet you did just fine.

Well I guess I better get off here. Got some paper work I need to get done. So everyone have a great evening.
coco
Old 01-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #441  
focused and aiming

coco, your dinner sounds good, but i don't think you're supposed to have sweet potatoes and rotini in the same day. i apologize for sounding like core police. goodness knows i'm more of a core offender than policer. those sausage/cheese balls are 1 pt each (45 cal). i had one. i was afraid it wouldn't taste good since i made it with ff cheddar. it was good but prob would have been better if it was full bore cheddar.

have a great evening, eveyone.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #442  

ONTARGET. Dont apologize. I know I probably shouldnt have both pasta and sweet potato's in the same day. But had the sweet potato's for lunch and pasta for supper. But had been wanting the sweet potato's. So fixed them. Then its like ok. Whats for supper. Came up with the pasta. So that is why it happened the way it did. The potatos are gone now. Just some pasta left. But only enough for son and hubby. So they will have those for either lunch or supper tomorrow. And then I will fix a salad and have that. Have a great night.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #443  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Quiet afternoon, huh?

I just got back from the foot Doctor. At least that doctor fixed what ailed me in the foot department anyway.

Sandra, it makes me tired just to read about everything you are doing. I really have no energy. I was thinking that I shouldn't have joined the Valentine's Day challenge since I don't seem to be exercising and I know that I won't lose weight without exercising. When does your seminar start? It must be this weekend, right? Thanks for the info on the syrups. I probably opened them around the time I started Core. So, they should be good until next fall.

Coco, Sandra's right about only have potatoes/rice/pasta once a day. Still and all, it's probably better than what you used to eat. I'm not sure about the pasta. I need to ask my Leader again because now I'm not certain of what I know with that recent thread we had. Hope DH feels better soon. You must be worried.

Kim, Welcome Home! You look beautiful and Zac is a handsome guy! I LOVE seeing pictures of my core friends. I hope you have time to stop in once in a while and say hello. I cannot imagine working full time and going to school full time. What did you go back for?

Melissa, I'm with Kathy! I don't sneak anything. I just pull out my baggy with all my tupperware cups. Sometimes we have smart balance and salad dressing. Sometimes I bring FF sour cream and I've even been known to bring in one of those snack sized cups of homemade chunky applesauce to go with my pork chops! I hope you had a great evening. It sounds like your day stunk.

Frouf, I hope you got some rest and banished that headache. I was reading Family Circle in the Doc's office. They had an article about menstrual migraines. I'm sure you've already read everything there is to read on this subject. There was one note that surprised me. Evidently, it's not just the hormones, or lack thereof, that cause the headaches. Some people have additional triggers besides the cycle. Of course, one thing was stress but there were 3 common triggers during the menstrual cycle besides stress. They are red wine, chocolate, and dehydration. For what it's worth. I know you had significant stress in your house the couple of days before the migraine so maybe that's why the patch didn't work. Maybe your trigger isn't the lack of estrogen. Sheesh, now would someone please diagnose my problem! Just kidding.

Well, I think I'll go lay on the couch and be a bum with my Honey Lamb. I'll be back in the morning. Have a great evening.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #444  

Height: 5'7"

Nearly time for my rest! And boy do I need it. I will be waiting for a call in the morning from my friend who is an area opener. He has a year-old baby who doesn't sleep all night ... so we decided if she (the baby) gets up anywhere near 4:00 a.m., he'll call me and we'll go on to work. He wants to work 12 tomorrow but I only plan on staying for 8-9. Saturday will be 5 hours but not that early.

I made Judd's dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, made some black beans, and then went to get Kate and Devan some chicken from Popeyes. Good grief, it smelled GREAT! They're cleaning Kate's room because right now, the plan is to move out in around 2 months. She starts the new job Monday morning.

I think I'll go finish my laundry and find something on TV to watch. I should try to go to bed earlier than usual in case I have to get up at 4.

Everybody have a great night!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #445  
Kim

Aw shucks! Thanks! I have an Associate of Science in Nursing. I'm working on my Bachelors, then hopefully Anesthesia school in 2008 if everything goes as planned.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #446  
focused and aiming

coco. i do think you are doing well. i also hope dh is better soon.

vickie, the seminar officially begins at 6 pm friday the 13th. yikes!!! we have an appt around noon to meet party palace at the archery center. they're bringing tables and chairs. then curtis and i are going to cbrl for lunch. i'm having sirloin. i have had fun in the kitchen. i didn't cook for the holidays so this is kind of festive for me,
Old 01-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #447  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow Sandra - I think we need to get you one of this big poofy white chef's hats to wear - you are a cooking diva! Have fun (so where are you storing all this "stuff"?)

Vickie - thanks for the info - as I am not a big red wine drinker and dare I eat chocolate these days?....and I hope I'm not dehydrated - but definitely stressed - ha ha ha. I have these headaches EVERY month - usually last 1-2 days - sometimes worse than others. This is the 2nd month trying the estrogen patch "solution" and it's obviously not doing the trick? I don't go back to dr til March so at least 2 more cycles of headaches? Not sure if there is an answer to this anyways!

Kathy - hope you are in bed by now - I can't even imagine getting up - let alone going to work that early!

Hi again Kim - you and your ds are very adorable together. I know what's it's like to go to school and work full time - please drop by whenever you can! ...and sounds like your new 'plan' is working for you! Congrats.

Coco - where r u located again? We are also getting warmer weather, and then rain turning into snow on saturday - with much colder temps coming!

Almost forgot I have a HAIR appt on sat - YIPPEE - get some of this mop cut off (it's really not that long - I have short hair - but when it starts growing out I get very frustrated with trying to 'do' it!).

May be going to friend's place for dinner tomorrow night - have to confirm the invite and time (this is my gf in Toronto's younger sister who moved to ottawa in summer and lives a few blocks away from us). We usually "converse" dailly by email as she is also a gov worker now!

My headache is not entirely gone but is quite manageable but I think I shall drug myself before bed. I was so tired I went to bed around 1pm to be awaked by dh calling me at 3:45 saying he was running late and could not pick up ds from school (like by 4 pm !!YIKES) - so I had to jump out of bed all groggy and tired, throw on some clothes and get the little guy.

Got gas and carwash on the way home - little ds loves seeing the car have a bubble bath! - and I would like to report that red car scratches along the side of a silver van do not come off in a car wash - nuff said.

Did NOT go to my meeting tonight as I am not feeling great but I DID MANAGE to move on the treadmill for 45 mins at a slower 3.0 mph while watching dr. phil. I am happy to report that this completes my 150 mins for the week (I knew we might be going out tomorrow night so I was motivated to reach my goal today!).

My eating was not bad but of course being at home involved a few extra (non-core) goodies?

Today I ate:
2 scrambled eggs, tea w/milk & splenda, toasted bagel w/margarine, 1/2 tomato

1 clementine, 2 chocolate drop cookies (yes the last two so I knew there would be no binge)

2 glasses chocolate milk

minute steak, stir fried veggies (onion/mushrooms/peppers/zucchini) and sweet potato
fruit salad (blueberries, strawberries, pineapple) w/lf cool whip

lemon flavored water, small treat size box of smarties!

So I am wondering how my official sat am weigh in will go after all? TOM may be over - if not I might wait til sunday morning?

Need to go to bed soon!

Frouf
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #448  

what paint frouf...we dont know anything about any paint....
Old 01-13-2006, 04:18 AM   #449  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks. I said I'd be back in the morning but I didn't expect it to be 3:00 a.m. I woke up thinking about the preparation for my test and started to have a full blown anxiety attack.

I got my instructions for the colonoscopy and they freaked me out. My test isn't until 11:45 on Thursday and my fasting starts basically Tuesday night when I go to bed. I thought I was going to be able to eat Wednesday morning which still would have made me food free until Thursday morning for 24 hours. It isn't the fasting or the cleansing or the actual test that bothers me. I have SUCH a sensitive stomach. I HATE when I get queasy. I shouldn't have sought so much information out because hearing people's bad experiences is adding to the freak out. My Sister tried to calm me down by telling me to just distract myself on the fasting day with whatever I enjoy doing but I'm not sure that I'm as strong as she is. I know that 90% of this is mental. I'm relieved that I only have to drink 2 small bottles of phospho soda but I have to start the whole process with 4 Dulcolax. Geez! I think I'm going to postpone the test until I can have a first of the day test because I also HATE the idea of no water or anything for an additional 12 hours from midnight to noon. That sounds SO extreme to me. In the meantime, here I am just sitting here with anxiety and an upset stomach.

Sheesh Kath, I could call you in 45 minutes. I'd be scared to death if my phone rang at 4 am. I guess it makes a difference if you are expecting it to ring.

Frouf, wouldn't it have been great if there was an easy solution to your headaches? I wanted to tell you what I read in the off chance that maybe you were drinking red wine or eating chocolate during your cycle to relax/comfort yourself. I'm really sorry to hear that the red paint didn't come off. Does that mean you'll have to confess to DH? I can't believe he hasn't noticed yet! I have a hair appointment on Saturday too. My roots are very long and ugly. She's also going to have to do something creative with the side in the front since I'm not able to style them very well. I know what you mean about hair getting harder to style the longer the hair hasn't been cut. Your eating indiscretions don't sound so awful to me. I'm guessing your exercise will more than make up for it.

Well, I'm going to surf for a couple of minutes and drink my glass of water and see if I can calm myself down enough to go back to sleep. I'm supposed to have lunch with my Sister and BIL at 11:30 today and I really need to get back to sleep if possible.

Thanks for putting up with yet another pathetic story of mine!

Last edited by Vickie; 01-13-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:39 AM   #450  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I'm losing track of my days. I just realized that TODAY is Friday and the first day of your seminar. Good Luck!

Also, there's a thread on BCB that you might want to read which discusses whether or not people stay 100% Core or switch back and forth. You just asked this the other day, didn't you?

Last edited by Vickie; 01-13-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Closed Thread