Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #346  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie
I become an introvert when I'm really nervous.
I think I become an introvert when I'm really tired, which is now.

I didn't get over there -- there were plenty of people around and the "point" person said they weren't really able to let people in to start the clean-up. I guess investigators are still doing their thing. I did hear that the neighbors will be filing damage claims and it sounds like they're filing on the insurance of the guy who started the fire. He'll be lucky if he gets out of this without some sort of criminal charges. The outdoor burn ban means exactly that -- don't burn anything outdoors, and grilling is included.

I got to work late (8:00) which means staying late. I am just wiped out for some reason.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #347  
Melissa

Vickie!! You are going to do well and I just know that everything is going to work out for the best.

Saundra, thanks for your cheerful words. The fun has been kind of sucked out of this search, I've been looking almost a year!

Kathy, I hope that you can get some rest tonight.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #348  
focused and aiming

melissa, you are so sweet. we would be a cuter couple if we weren't so grouchy. we'd be busy fussing about all the "bad" drivers on the roads.

coco, congratulations. that's a great loss. we have a center here in missoula, but it's only open for meetings. they have ww stuff stacked all around for sale. other than that, it's prob like meetings held elsewhere.

curtis got me the flowers for my birthday. i had told him not to get me anything cuz i spent so much friday at the mall (hair, nails, makeup, clothes). the bouquet is beautiful, though, and i love it.

frouf, we're under winter weather advisory, but it's looking all right out so far.

saundra, we practice almost daily now that indoor tournaments are looming. i don't know if you know this but curtis is a fabulous coach. he shoots, too, but he has 2 artificial shoulders that limit him. his goal this year is to have 3 of his students win indoor national championships. i won one last year. this year my goal is to win both. (there are 2 organizations that host national championships here in the states.) last year i also won championship of the americas. i shoot in female 50+ compound division. i tend to talk about archery a lot. sorry if i bored you here. i'm also not a bit bashful and love to brag. i didn't start shooting till i retired. i did take archery one semester in college but they didn't teach me anything at all. i even held my bow upside down during the finals.

vickie and kathy, i hope you both get to feeling more like posting. i am worried about you both. vickie, please try to be positive. i know i keep saying it, but it is important to enter surgery with a positive frame of mind. kathy, get some rest. you can't help others if you don't help yourself.

i don't mean to be bossy. i'm just worried about you both.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #349  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks everyone for the hugs, patience and understanding.

Thanks, Sandra. I know you have my best interests at heart and that it's important to be positive. I'm just scared. I'm going to have the surgery if he says so. I'm sure I'll feel alot better after talking to the Doctor today. I'm SO done with this pain. The sooner the better. I was crying last night because I just can't stand the constant discomfort.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 AM   #350  

Height: 5'7"

HEY, HOLD ON HERE! I think Sandra just pulled a Kathy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (YESTERDAY), SANDRA!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #351  
focused and aiming

vickie, have you thought of taking some medication to help you deal with the pain? you've been suffering a long time now. it has to have worn you down.

kathy, thank you for the birthday wishes. your bright, cheery post has really put a smile on my face.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Kathy, you beat me to it. I was in the shower and it was, Sandra had a birthday yeserday. Belated wishes Sandra. Now, you're that much closer to me! Oh, I find your archery info very interesting. How lucky you are to have a passion. Have a great day after birthday!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #353  
focused and aiming

thank you, saundra. and you're right. curtis and i know we're lucky to have archery. we are having a blast flinging bows and arrows plus meeting a lot of great folks.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #354  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Did you really think you could sneak that by us? Shame on you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA!!!

Hope you had a great day!

Saundra - my gf who lives in Barrhaven will be so thrilled to hear about the new Farmboy - we were just talking about that at dinner the other night! Very easy to walk thru and "plan" a few good and healthy meals!

Waiting to here about your pending WW career! Good luck!

Kathy - I think some rest and relaxing is in order? Anything you can do to accomplish this today?

Vickie - of course you are scared? Who wouldn't be? Make sure to get all your questions answered and concerns addressed - you will feel much better once you do so. Hope you are able to finally get rid of all that pain and discomfort!

Melissa - hang in there - I'm sure your job search will eventually bear fruit!

I am back at work today - altho my back hurts a bit - I think I shall not exercise tonight and take a break? (Besides I only have 45 mins left to do from my weekly 150 mins committment - how did that happen?? )

I am feeling a bit sad tho cuz of the cruise situation - latest phone call shows us still #3 on the list and the whole ship seems to be 'SOLD OUT'!!! I am now starting to look for balcony cabins for February sailings and those are also pretty slim pickings! ...and of course I already have some work commitments in February which I am trying to work around! UGH! Maybe it's just not meant to be?

TOM is upon me now - so hoping the munchie feeling has passed. Thankfully I did not dare weigh myself this morning for fear of further depression and I could tell by the tightness of my rings that staying off the beast for a while longer would be a good idea!

Almost lunchtime!

Frouf
Old 01-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #355  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA. I Hope you had a happy one.

VICKIE I hope your appt went well today. I am sure it is scary. Will keep you in my prayers.

Thanks on all the congrats for my loss. Now to keep on track.
Not much happening here. The sun is shining. And it is suppose to be around 50 degrees today. Got a load of clothes in the washer. Wont be long and I will have to get ready to fix supper.
I am gathering from the info I got last night. This center that they are wanting. Will hold all the meetings. They wont have them in the churches and schools and things like that. My meeting is at a Hotel. When I first started WW. I did a at work one. But I think I like the regular meeting. I feel I get more out of the meeting. The at work meeting everyone was in a hurry. Didnt want to stay. And just in and out. Sometimes there would only be one other lady and me to stay. So I like my meetings now.

FROUFY Know about that TOM stuff. And sometimes for me some months are worse than others. Hope you are feeling better.

Well ladies I will get off here for now. Have to go check on my clothes. I hope everyone is doing ok. Will check in later.
Have a great day.
coco
Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #356  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I'm back from the Surgeon. Good news is that I LOVE him. Very nice, thorough, and concerned about my worries. Problem is that evidently, I've had the hernia since at least 2001 and he does not think this is causing my problems. He wants to fix the hernia but is concerned about colon and kidney stone. Wants me to take care of these first. Thinks there is a chance there is some low grade infection from the kidney stone or some colon polyps causing this discomfort. Surgeon said go with the colonoscopy first. So I'm trying to reach the Gasto guy to schedule the colonoscopy. I don't have an appointment with the Gastro Doctor January 20th. I'm hoping that the colonoscopy could be like the Monday after my appointment. I think if I wait until the appointment to schedule it then I'll have to wait another week or two. I SO want this to be over but again another Doctor appointment with no hope of relief for this in the meantime.

I'll be back later.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #357  

Oh, how frustrating Vickie! I hope you get your appointment soon, and that you find relief from your discomfort and pain.

Angela
Old 01-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Oh Vickie, I so wanted you to get more relief sooner. However, you do like the doctor and you have to do what is best for your long term wellness. We're here for you as you get there.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #359  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Vickie - at least you have some better information know and I am so glad you like the surgeon. I presume the colonoscopy would be able to diagnose the polyps and/or kidney stones right away? Once you have that information I'm sure you can make the right decision for your treament.

Good idea to get that test lined up as soon as possible. Was the surgeon able to advise you or give you anything else for pain management ? (and how did you manage to walk around with a hernia since 2001 and not notice? ) Poor you!

Frouf
Old 01-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #360  

Vickie glad you like your Dr. That means alot. Is there anything that they can give you for the discomfort. My Aunt had to have colonoscopy 6 months ago. Was scared to death. But she said it wasnt bad. Said the worst part was having to drink the stuff the day before. She had to have a few polyps removed. But is doing fine. And they say kidney stones can be very painful. Hubby has a friend that has had them. He has ended up in the hospital becasue they were so painful. So am keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully you can get your Dr's appt soon. I know the waiting is awful.
Closed Thread