Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good for you, Melissa, I know how good it feels when you get back to it.

Kathy, wise words that everyone can relate to. I'm keeping it for when I or someone close to me starts to whine.

Patti, guess we got your snow. It is pretty if you don't have to shovel. I've got a sensitive back, so dh does it all.

First load in the dryer, second in the washer. Tried on bathing suits, and they passed. I'm even taking one that I thought I'd never wear again. Eliminated three T's, so the downsize packing is on track. My bath was good, and I better get dressed cause door bell might ring. I'm waiting for two deliveries.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #332  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hope you got that much deserved rest patti - maybe need to bring along a pair of earplugs for those "uncontrolled" moments? We got a bit of snow and I was able to plow thru the hump left at the end of the driveway by the snowcleaners!

I am UPSTAIRS now drinking a diet dr pepper and staying out of the kitchen as I am in a munchie mood (and did enuf damage today with lots of salty popcorn!). I feel guilty for eating too much popcorn!

What I ate today:

2 pack oatmeal, skim milk, 2 clementines

Lots of popcorn, lemon flavored perrier

Handful of sunflower seeds

..now drinking a diet dr pepper while dinner is cooking (roast chicken breast in oven, along w/oven roasted herb & garlic potatoes) and green beans ready to go as well.

Well now that I've written it down it doesn't look that bad?

Kathy - how are the nieghbours doing? did you get to drop by today? thanks for the 'right now' reminder - in line with my current thinking!

Melissa - way to go on the exercise - good for you!

Saundra - good luck w/the packing - what fun and anticipation as you prepare for your trip ? Did I mention how I love Mexico?

Wish I was packing too - alas latest call to cruise line still has us as #3 on the wait list and no more cabins on the ship so it doesn't look good. Dh says we don't have to go on the 22nd - just pick another date! But even that's not so easy - no balcony cabins available until end of feb at the earliest - and pricing is pretty high at that time! Thinking of waiting til march break and maybe taking kids w/us? (altho no bargains to be had then either?). It seems dh has his heart set on a cruise - which is really great. I was thinking 2nd week of feb might be nice as we would cruise over Valentine's day - what could be more romantic than that?

Taking dd to dance tonight - and ds to music store across town to get something then hopefully back in time to pick up dd (1 hr class tonight). Not sure when I shall treadmill?

Must go check on the chicken now!

Later,

Frouf
Old 01-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #333  

Hey Frouf, I opted for Sobeys and picked up a chicken there. They had frozen cooked shrimp on sale, so they go on the salad. The pasta is defrosting. We've never been on a cruise. Bernie is a big jogger, and likes tera ferma. Have you been before? We have seen many ships pass us on our trips, but never been on one. I have to admit, it is exciting to anticipate. I guess that's part of the fun. I look forward to the next 12 days going by quickly and then I want to go into slow mode while we are there.

Weight Watchers got in touch with me and I emailed them a "Request for Interview". They'll call me back tomorrow. I would like to work when Bernie is working which alternates every two weeks, so I don't know if that will appeal to them. Can't blame a girl for trying.

Gotta fold laundry now, and finish preparing.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #334  
focused and aiming

lisa, thanks for the scoop on organizing. now i wish someone would come here and clean and organize everything.

my scales were up today, too, but i ate popcorn with extra salt last night. guess that's the culprit. no--it is a conspiracy!!!! beware chickies!!!!!!!!!

saundra, it can get really, really cold here. i'm a transplanted texan so this climate is still new to me. i have seen windchill -50*. about a month ago we stayed in the minuses most of the time for several days just popping up into the single digits every now and then. there's snow all around us in the mountains but our yards just have a few splotches left for a few weeks ago. summers can get up to 100* or even higher. there are definitely 4 seasons here.

frouf, sounds like you're enjoying your day at home. i don't get many home alone days either.

coco

patti, sounds like you need to get away from that little boy and watch some birds. last summer curtis and i spent hours watching hummingbirds. talk about relaxing!

we've been gone most of the day doing our usual errands and training. on the way home curtis took a detour to a flower shop near downtown. he got me a gorgeous bouquet of springlike flowers. i am feeling spoiled.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #335  

Sandra, is that nice or what? Don't you just love fresh flowers? I bet you deserve them big time. I know so little about your neck of the woods, thanks for the info. By the temps that you post, you're not too cold right now. I guess coming from Texas though, it was an adjustment. How long have you lived in Montana?

Bernie is home and shoveling. I asked if he was going to shovel before or after dinner, and he said that after is why people have heart attacks. I told him he better do it before, cause we have a trip to go to. LOL

On a more serious note, a tech who works with Bernie (31) has been diagnosed with cervical cancer. She goes in for treatment in early February. I've met here and she's such a nice girl. Dang!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #336  
focused and aiming

that's sad about bernie's co-worker. i hope she beats this.

i spent summer of 97 here with curtis then returned to texas to teach till christmas break. that's when i retired and moved to montana permanently. we have spent most of our winters in texas living and traveling in a motorhome:however, we sold the rv this past may. now we're looking for a travel trailer that the grand cherokee can tow. (it won't be a large one at all.) i don't know if we'll start wintering in tx next year or not. we're still up in the air about that.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #337  
Melissa

But first you have to come see me!

Hey all! It's been a busy afternoon but now we're hibernating for the evening. I'm already thinking about when I can take another week off of work. I just took one at the beginning of December. But when you aren't very happy in your job, I guess you can't get enough vacations.

Saundra, maybe it's your talk of vacationing. I would love to go on an exotic vacation! The rest of us will be waiting to live vicariously through you upon full report.

Frouf, have fun hauling the kids around tonight. It doesn't seem like you ate badly at all to me! What about a different vacation, other than a cruise? Maybe a cabin where the whole family can go? Just a thought.

Sandra, you two are just cute as bugs in a rug! I think you guys are so romantic, it's so sweet! I can just see you guys roaming the countryside in a RV. Aaron and I have always wanted to do that.

Vickie, I think that we can say you had a good weigh-in today! Hope you enjoyed the rest of the day.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #338  

Good evening everyone
I LOST 2 1/2 lbs tonight. Thank you all for supporting me this week. It has really helped. You are all special.
To eat today. 2 slices diet bread, a little peanut butter and sf jelly, a grilled chicken sandwich, 4 triscuts, and 4 pieces deer sausage. I may have a orange in a little bit. Havent had any fruit yet today. So need to have that.
We had some new people join tonight. With the new ones tonight. We had about 40 people in class. So hopefully that will continue.
Does anyone have or heard of a WW center. They were talking in our class tonight. That the head of WW here. Was looking for a central spot to put one of these. Said it would have the meetings and everything. Then they wouldnt have the meetings all over the place. But where they are talking about putting the new place is about 25 miles away for me.(One way) So dont know about that. Right now it is 9 miles. One way. So will have to see what happens. But does anyone have a center. And what are they like.
Well I will get off here for now.
I hope everyone has a great evening. Thanks again for all the encouragement.
coco
Old 01-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #339  
Melissa

Coco! That's great! I don't know anything about WW centers or meetings, but I'm sure someone does.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #340  

Thanks Septembersgoal
Yeah I dont know anything about these centers. Didnt know they even had them. Just thought they had them at different places. So dont know. Just wondered if anyone had heard of them.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #341  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I know here in Ottawa there are a couple of WW offices - which act like centers - they have meetings there on specific dates/times but you can also go in there whenever they are open to get weighed if you missed a meeting. But these 'centres' are in addition to regular weekly meetings held throughout the city in various venues (like church basements, or community halls, etc). I guess it depends on how large a population needs to be served? (no pun intended ha ha ha)

Coco - BIG SUPER CONGRATS on the fabulous loss - keep up the good work!

Sandra - how very sweet of Curtis to get you some fresh flowers! Nothing like flowers to cheer up a day and make it feel more like spring! (We are in deep dirty ugly slush everywhere as some of the new snow gets driven over, and melted!)

Saundra - yup shovelling on a full stomach not a good idea! Sorry to hear about the tech w/the cancer - hope they diagnosed it early and can do something about is - that is so sad for someone so young!

...and do you ever shop at Farmboy? (merivale). I just love the place - so many GOOD AND HEALTHY choices - and excellent prices too (just got some boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale at $3.77/lb and lots of nice fruits and veggies too!).

Dinner was very yummy!....but I am a bit hungry now tho heading for bed! I did drive kids around - very tight schedule but made it - had a decaf coffee while waiting for ds at the music store. (Yes I was at Tim Horton's inhaling the smell of cookies, muffins and donuts but stayed strong and only had a coffee!)

...and then when I got home at 9:30 pm (drumroll please....) I donned the extra special frouf gym gear and hopped on that treadmill for 30 rousing minutes at 3.2 mph (0.5 elevation) - yippee! Watched The Batchelor in Paris - how romantic is that? I was grinning ear to ear - I just want to go see Paris! (and was very surprised to see a canadian young lady there competing - and he seems to like her alot - even tho he did not even know where Manitoba was! ha ha ha).

Should get to bed now right?

Frouf
Old 01-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #342  

Sunny and not so cold, lovely morning.

Good job Coco, Congrats! My scale was down the .5 that was added yesterday. The WW office near me is probably a center. They have meetings there, and you can also drop in to get weighed. (Just like Frouf said). Actually, that is where I'd like to work cause it's so close to home. We'll have to see.

Frouf, I do shop at Farm Boy. There is one opening in Barrhaven in the spring. It will be a welcome addition. Sometimes, I just walk around the store and plan a meal from what I pick up. Again, the luxury of being retired. Good for you on the treadmill. I'm still waiting for the Callanetics video that I bought from ebay.

Melissa, you are so sweet. I wish you could be looking forward to a trip too. If it's any concellation, I will be thinking of all of you when I'm away.

Sandra, was it nice waking up and seeing the "springlike" flowers. At least the days are getting longer. Do you practice daily?

Kathy, did you get to your neighbour's yesterday? I hope you don't have too long a work day today. You must me tired.

Apparently Gladys from WW is calling this morning, she seemed anxious to talk to me, and then we'll see where it goes from there. Gee, you'd think it was a high powered executive job! I'll let you know later what's next.

Have a really nice day....
Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #343  
Melissa

Morning all. I'm trying to get into the groove after having yesterday off. So far I'm tired and negative--not good! I'm already job searching this morning. I'm going to be very busy today so just wanted to drop you guys a note to say hello and I hope that everyone has a great day.

Saundra, thanks! I think the job prospect is exciting! We'll be anxious to hear how it goes.

Frouf, on exercising. I'm so impressed by your (re)commitment! You're doing so great. And great job on avoiding those cookies!

There's much to do today. I have lots of appointments and such. Plus there are a lot of home chores that have snuck up on us, like getting the oil changed and getting worm medicine for the pup. So I think we'll be running all day! Maybe it will be a good excuse to eat out.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #344  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been reading but don't feel like talking. I become an introvert when I'm really nervous. I've been working on my list of questions for the surgeon. My appointment is at 11:30 and I have to leave about 11:00. I'm done with my questions and now it's time to go eat breakfast.

I'll be back later. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #345  

Melissa, good luck on the job search, look at it as a fun challenge.

And ((Vickie))), I know how you feel, but it will be okay. We look forward to hearing what the doctor had to say.
Closed Thread