Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #1  
Closed

Default Thank you

for the welcome. I will give Core a try...had a good Core breakfast...but in counting them Pts wise...BOY do they add up.
1 cup FF milk, 2 eggs, 2 slices Can.Bacon, 2 Rye crips

Core = 0 pts for the Rye Crisps
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flex Pts = 2/ Milk, 4 (2) eggs unless you double and then it's 5, 2/Can Bacon.
8-9pts give or take 1..

I KNOW I have a Long Journey ahead of me. I am still saddened by what I have done to myself and the fact my clothes look awful on me....but time has come.
I have accepted what I w/i in at and now must carry on.
Thank you to those who came to my rescue. I was quite down, as low as low can get. Ashamed! But even though I find it hard to look at the lady in the mirror now THAT will change, and I am the one who has to do it.
So today I start my Core Journey.....wish me luck.

Jocelyne (Jocie)
Old 11-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #2  
Melissa

Jocie,
We are so glad to have you join us. I'm so happy that you could find encouragement here. This is a great group of ladies.
You know, this might be a weird analogy, but it works for me. I work with substance abusers, and we often talk about how a person must hit rock bottom before they are willing to make life-changes that are real and true. Perhaps the same is true about us with weight loss.
What you posted about breakfast is true. Once you get used to core it's hard to go back to flex because you have to start counting points for meat, eggs, milk, fruit, which add up quickly. I think there is more freedom with core. It looks like you had a good start to your day. I think that you are going to do great!
Please feel free to post any questions that you have. And join us on our chat board, where we talk daily about all sorts of things. We are on 33 right now, but need to start a new one, so we'll be on 34. Please join us! The menu threads are also a great way to post what you are eating for feedback and to see what our super-successful gals are eating as well.
Sorry, I wrote a book! Glad you're joining us!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #3  
Closed

Melissa....thanks for your words of wisdom...YES I have HIT Rock bottom big time. Didn't realize it until I got w/i ....I (still) feel awful about what I have done to myself and looking in the mirror is no help, but I am on the right road.

I believe I will join you all on your chat board.

But can I tell you I hate what I am seeing, I pray this will pass.

Thanks, Joce
Old 11-29-2005, 12:03 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

joce, we all are in this together. welcome to the group.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Is it Joce or Jocie? You've used it both ways. Do you have a preference?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #6  
Closed

Vickie....doesn't matter....Jocie short for Jocelyne and Joce short for Jocie

Have a great day and I hope your eye(s) are ok....
Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #7  
Kim

Welcome Joce!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #8  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Jocie,
You can do this! I know what you mean about breakfast. My very satisfying Core breakfast gets me through to mid-afternoon. However, I would never have "wasted" the points on breakfast on Flex and yet I know it's what gets me through the day. This probably only makes sense to Corers, but I'm so glad I discovered a way to eat that is satisfying, filling, and tasty and still lets me lose weight.
Good luck to us all and a special to Jocie.
Judy Itry
234.6/203.2/thinner into onederland
Old 11-30-2005, 06:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/215/175

Height: 65 inches

[QUOTE=septembersgoal]Jocie,
We are so glad to have you join us. I'm so happy that you could find encouragement here. This is a great group of ladies.
You know, this might be a weird analogy, but it works for me. I work with substance abusers, and we often talk about how a person must hit rock bottom before they are willing to make life-changes that are real and true. Perhaps the same is true about us with weight loss.

*Fantastic* analogy!! I am in the helping profession as well, work with my share of people who struggle with addictions of various sorts. -- On Saturday, I remember commenting to my DH that I find myself thinking about this dieting thing a lot like sobriety......managing the food is an external thing. Managing the drives that cause me to overeat or use food has been (and continues to be) the real struggle in weight control.

But thankfully, there's here; there's support, there are great recipes for pancakes This time, I'm going to try, and suspend judgement.
Closed Thread