3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Anyone Here...Strickly Core w/wpa?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/68731-anyone-here-strickly-core-w-wpa.html)

WWEnthusiast 11-18-2005 06:39 AM

Anyone Here...Strickly Core w/wpa??

Hi All...been reading here for what seems months....never posting...till now...
Just curious...has anyone here lost their weight 'Strickly Core'
I have read that some tweak, even Flored and something called WendieCore Plan (never heard of that one) but has anyone done and lost strickly core...
I have played the game too long and I am paying for it - literally again!!
I want to join in here in addition to my meetings, if that is ok with you all.
But (sounds crazy I know) need some reenforcement (during the week) that doing Core without the Tweaks and Floring and WP/Core will work.......was successful with pts, and as they say....."fell off the wagon" and can't count another daily pt :dizzy:
I am starting out with Core today......
Any suggestions or advise. I have read over the months, someone said, you have to do it for a month, give it time...etc....yes??? true???
I am probably one who won't be able to tweak, or somewhat core, or WP/Core. I do attend meetings, and we have been told.....if you are 'finding' ways to "get around" core....you should be doing Flex...that's why I am thinking of changing...hhmm...
How 'bout the great meeting on Aunt Donna's Kitchen....counting pts it added up didn't it?? ....Doing Core hardly a pt to count!! Interesting!!!!

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help me out...Hope you all don't mind that I just jumped right on in :D

curbside prophet 11-18-2005 08:17 AM

Among the many reasons I switched from Flex to Core when starting over (it seems I post a new reason everyday!) is the struggle of counting points. I hated thinking about it. I love Core. Now, I've only been doing it for a week but I find that eating only core foods fills me up so much more than I thought it would - going over what I ate this week, I actually didn't use all of my points had I been on flex, in a single day. That's my biggest problem with it so far (and I'm working on fixing that).
My weaknesses were (and still are!) ready made snacks. So the first thing I did upon starting over, was I went through my cupboards and got rid of everything that wasn't prepackaged. I then looked up the core recipes (this board is a godsend for that!) and figured out alternate snacks to have. This was easy for me, as I am the only one buying my groceries and eating them - I realize such an approach would be challenging if you have a family.

Keep posting - this board is a godsend. I am finding this more useful than I EVER did meetings (possibly b/c I always felt out of place at my meetings - I was a lot younger than everyone there, and it just seemed really clique-y). And scan the recipe section! It's surprisingly easy to eat on core, as long as you don't get too tempted by the things around you which you can't have.

(whew! that was long-winded. Anyway, from one new poster to another, welcome!)

septembersgoal 11-18-2005 08:50 AM

:wel3fc:
Sorry if we have confused you. There are several people here who have been hard-core and lost all of their weight that way. There are others of us who have struggled, not necessarily with core but with staying op in general. That's those of us that you are talking about I guess.
Core is fabulous, and not counting points is great. There are a few of us who are doing core but counting pts too just to be sure that we are on target.
Good luck and hope you'll join us.

aghiowa 11-18-2005 09:18 AM

I lost almost all my weight (except the 1st 12 pounds when I was on Flex) doing strictly Core. I really believe if you follow it down to the last letter, barring any physical problems, that you will lose weight. Now that I'm on maintenance, my diet has slipped back into some non-Core foods, but I intend on changing back to almost completely Core. I just feel better when I do.

It IS possible to lose on Core. Congrats on climbing back on the wagon, and welcome!

Angela

Vickie 11-18-2005 09:53 AM

I've lost all of my 45 pounds on Core. I'm still on Core and it STILL works when YOU work IT! It took me a year to lose this weight and I've still got another 115 to go. I'm having some health issues right now and can't exercise. I'm still following the program almost religiously and I'm still losing, just slower at the moment.

Feel free to hang out with us. I always recommend getting on Core and staying on Core for at least a month to give it a fair shot. Good Luck!

Itryharder 11-19-2005 01:22 PM

HI, me too! I used flex for years and found a million little ways to get around it. I would eat all sorts of zero point foods and always be hunting and foraging for food. Once I started Core, I am fuller, I am more disciplined (I really think about whether I want to use my points for a cake, etc. that will be gone and forgotten in about 3 minutes) and I find I am not as hungry as I used to be. The weight I am losing is slow, but steady and I am on Core as my choice. I am much older than most and still find I can lose weight and be satisfied. Give it a try--if you have any questions, ask away because there are a lot of people here with great ideas, and most of all good luck!! :goodvibes:
Judy Itry
234.6/204.6/thinner into onederland :cool:

WWEnthusiast 11-19-2005 02:23 PM

Thank you all for your responses...I am still 'alittle' afraid of it...afraid I will 'miss' something (snack wise that is) but then I can count the pts for it now can't I.....but what about the "eat till satisified" how in the heck does one determine. I can eat till I'm full, I know what that feels like, but satisfied??? How do you all determine the difference between satisified in your mind/stomach?? Do you think measuring on core would be best or just take a serving of whatever?
What do most of you Stickly Core doers do for inbetweens, what about breads, what about treats?? Count the points right....but they have to add up fast...35 wpa go that quick~~ What the heck am I so afraid of???? :(
Lord knows I can't stand the thought of counting another Daily pt!!
I think I will check out your daily menus too....Get some ideas...breakfast might be tough..I am not an oatmeal person, and I have egg beated myself out on points...cereal may do though :D I believe Fiberone is core as is Kashi 7grain puffs - hmmm that doesn't sound bad :D The good thing would be not having to count 4 pts for 2 cups of Milk, that gets used up with the cereal and coffee.
Tell me do you all eat three meals and then 2 inbetweens??

Katpo 11-19-2005 02:39 PM

Just a few thoughts ... keep in mind when you look at our menus that some of us are doing points (and Core too) -- staying at our points level but trying to eat mostly Core.

If you have trouble keeping track of the 35 WPAs, just try not to go over 5 per day until you get used to balancing them. If you need bread, there are several that are 1 point per slice (like the WW brand).

For breakfast, I love Maltomeal, a banana, and milk. It's all I can do to get it all down because it's very filling. I also count regular Cheerios as Core, and there are some great WW cereals that have just been declared Core. One is almond puffs or something like that and it reminds me of the old Super Sugar Crisps that I had when I was a kid.

Sometimes I have 3 meals and 2 inbetweens and sometimes I eat six small meals spaced about 2-1/2 hours apart. Just try to eat within an hour of rising, and stop about 3 hours before going to bed. If you don't overanalyze it, it's really a simple concept.

Here are some of my favorites:
Breakfast -- maltomeal, cheerios, deviled egg, banana
Lunch -- tuna salad, green salad with grilled chicken, black beans with salsa, FF refried beans topped with FF cheese and avocado slices, and ONE Lean Cuisine meal (Beef Tips Portabello -- it's just beef tips and broccoli and is one of those things that I personally count as Core), tomato soup, or other soups (there are a lot of Core soups that I can post if you'd like)
Dinner -- any chicken, steak, lean HB or fish plus vegetables, salad, baked potato with FF cheese and sour cream
Snacks -- fruit, 94%FF popcorn, natural applesauce cups, SF/FF pudding, SF jello

And some 1 point snacks that make you feel like you're really getting something (in my opinion, that is!) -- light string cheese, BabyBel light, light Laughing Cow wedge, Mission thin tortillas (2 tortillas = 1 pt) with salsa, 1/2 cup of juice or small juice box, Sara Lee mini bagels, 5 saltine crackers, 6 mini rice cakes, 2T FF cream cheese (good on your mini bagel!), 1T peanut butter ... and lots of others. Can't list them all!

septembersgoal 11-19-2005 05:50 PM

Wow Kathy, I'm impressed! :D

I think staying to 5 wpas a day is a great way to adjust to core. I usually try to include some bread (at least one slice) with lunch and also use pts for sweet things (like 98% FF Slim A Bears, which are 2 pts) that I just can't do without.

WWEnthusiast 11-19-2005 06:40 PM

Hey - this is sounding better and better......thanks !!

WWEnthusiast 11-19-2005 06:47 PM

Kathy/ Core'ers is Maltomeal Core?? Going shopping Sunday!!
Maltomeal, banana sounds soooo good....yummy, yum!!

aghiowa 11-19-2005 08:14 PM

I'm also a fan of Maltomeal. I cook it on the stovetop, add a splash of milk, a bit of Splenda, and fresh fruit. Delish! I also sometimes have Coco Wheats, which I count as Core, even though they probably aren't.

Angela

Itryharder 11-19-2005 09:27 PM

Hi. I usually have an early breakfast snack which is often 1pt. lite bread toasted up.
Then I have a late breakfast, a late lunch and a fairly late dinner. In between if I get hungry, I have a piece of fruit. Core is extremely flexible. You do have points to work with, but I have found it great not to "waste" my points on sugary stuff. Believe it or not, the craving to eat that stuff has diminished quite a bit. That's not to say I never have cravings, but it's much less than it had been. Eating whole grains like brown rice or couscous and having sweet or white potatoes is very satisfying. Also, the quality of meat we eat is lean and terrific. I just think that WW's hit pay dirt for me with this program. I am full, eat interesting foods, and lose weight. How bad is that?
Best of luck to you and to us all.
Judy Itry
234.6/204.6/thinner into onederland :cool:

CIN 11-19-2005 10:54 PM

As a Lifetime Member I have used the Core Plan since it came out last August. It has been my easiest year maintaining ever! I eat more healthfully with Core.

The KEY for me is keeping a well stocked kitchen with my favorite Core Foods.

Of course with maintenance you have more than 35 WPA also which makes it easier than ever.

I am also MUCH less hungry because of eating better! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Good Luck with it!
Cin

p.a. 11-20-2005 09:11 PM

Welcome WWenthusiast, Im following Core with wpas, I must admit the first month or so I would use up my wpas in no time but now I can make them last for the whole week. I used to weigh in on mondays and I would use up most of my points and not have any left for the weekends now I weigh in on fridays and start fresh with points for the weekend...its all in the mind, I know.