Delicious Licks - On Core Board 26!

You're on Page 26 of 28
Go to
  • Morning! Were you all wondering if I had disappeared?
    Here I am at work again, of course, wishing I were at home. I must say my eating is sugary this morning. I am cramping but no TOM as of yet. Vickie, maybe you are having sympathy pains. Went to the in-laws for supper last night and then to visit my grandparents. We also found out about one of FIL's friends who is starting a used car business, so we will probably meet with him this week to see if we can get rid of our car that is starting to become a serious money pit.

Frouf, so sorry to hear the stress in your "voice." I know that you must be tired of fighting the fight but I guess that is what parents are for?? Your love will win her over eventually. Just keep loving and supporting her no matter what.

Vickie, hope you are feeling better and enjoy your pedicure!! I'm jealous.

Sandra, how are you doing my friend?

Grandma Billie, glad you are back online.

My heart is heavy for those in the south, but truly I can't fathom what has actually happened. I have no concept that what I see on tv is just a few hours away from here. We got rain all day yesterday from what was left of Katrina, and that was bad enough. The governor of LA asked that today be a day of prayer for everyone there.

I hope that all of you are having a good and blessed day.
  • Good morning everybody. What's up with this staying up late? I was up past midnight, then got up at 5:15 to get ready for work. I left home at 5:30 -- you can tell I look real purty today! But I got here at 6:00 so that's what counts! I have to leave at noon to go home and meet the dishwasher repairman. Darn DW is giving me fits again. I wish AHS would just replace it but it's only 5 years old.

Anyway, good luck with all that stuff, Frouf. I would NOT want to be in your shoes. And I can't believe you're getting rain from Katrina and we haven't had a drop.

Have fun at the pedi, Vickie. It's nice to have pretty new polish on the toes!

Better get back to it.
  • Good morning—

It is very, very sad to see what Katrina has done. I have two co-workers who have been affected. One lives in Miami and one in Gulfport, MS. I talked to the one in Miami and she is “digging out” and will be without power for at least 1 week. She has 4 small children! The other one in Gulfport got out in time and is staying with her son in Houston. She doesn’t know when she’ll go home. My heart just breaks for them.

I went to the rheumatologist yesterday who said I do have fibromyalgia (mimicks arthritis). It’s brought on by trauma, illness or stress. So, I have to make lots of “life style” changes on how I allow my body to react to stress. Plus, he said I need to walk everyday and lose weight! Sound familiar????

Frouf: I think it’s a good idea to talk to the school principal. She may be able to refer you to someone who can help your DD.

Melissa: Hope you’re feeling better. How about a warm bath this evening?

Vickie: What color did you choose?

Back to work…..

Vicki B.
  • hello, chickies. it's a glorious day in montana. curtis and i just got home from the range and had lunch. tomorrow is wi. i'm working on having a good one.

billie and vickie, i've been watching fox news a lot. it's hard to turn off the tv. and it's even harder to believe that a catastrophe like this could be going on right now. i can't imagine how those people are dealing with all this. reminds me of 9-11.

frouf, our high school had guidance counselors of academic, too, but they also had a counselor who worked with the kids on other issues. did you talk to your principal about getting some counseling through the school? i don't know about canada but in the us we have special education counselors. if your daughter is emotionally disturbed, she would probably qualify for extra help at school.

good success to you at your official "unofficial" wi tomorrow. and have some fun on your trip. is dd going with you?

melissa, are you feeling better? how's core going? your immediate goal date is sept 28,isn't it? right after labor day i'm setting a halloween goal/challenge. want to join?

kathy, we're having some repairs done this week, too. (hot tub) the past 5 years we've replaced all our kitchen appliances. i hope they last as long as we do.

vicki, walk and lose weight? hmmmmmmmmmmm? this does sound a bit familiar, doesn't it? okay, girlfriend. let's get with this. are you going back to curves? i'm not. i'm doing 3 miles per day on the treadmill. my bod's in worse shape than yours other than the fibromyalgia. i am having arthritis trouble with my feet and legs. guess what i need to do for that? walk and lose weight. tuesday i'm setting a halloween goal/challenge. maybe you'd like to join that? i haven't decided what my goal/challenge is going to be yet. i'm thinking on it. i'd love to hear suggestions.
  • Sandra: I’m not going back to Curves as both my dr and pt said not too. My back could not handle those resistant machines. You know how much I loved going there. I went 3-4 days per week for 1 ½ years! Maybe it was those machines that contributed to my problems???? Anyway the rheumatologist said either swimming or walking. Since the weather is nice, I’m going to start with the walking. Then come winter I can switch to swimming being that we have an indoor community pool near us.

Vicki B.
  • sounds good, vicki. i think i hurt my foot at curves, too. that's why i'm not going back.
  • Evening everyone! I haven't been on much lately... since school started, I've been so busy! I'm trying to walk places more, because gas is getting SO $$.

My sister is getting ready to go try out for American Idol. She's going to Memphis this weekend. I think she decided to sing a Carpenter's song, and I agree. Her voice is well suited for them, and they're nice clean songs. She doesn't want to come across as a tramp, and a lot of pop songs these days are pretty raunchy. Boy, I sound like an older sister, don't I? She's working on what to wear and how to do her hair now. I'm so excited for her - I really hope she gets the opportunity to show them what she can do.

This whole Katrina thing is just so unreal. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor people are going through. We were without power for 3 days after a tornado here once, and I was complaining. I had a house, it wasn't very hot, I had clean, running water, etc. It makes me ashamed.

My eating is back on track now that TOM is over, thank goodness! I had something for lunch today that was delicious! I got the idea from Kathy. I had ww angel hair pasta, fresh garden tomatoes, diced, and a fresh green pepper. I added some fresh basil and then drizzled it with a little olive oil, and sprinkled on some garlic salt and some parmesan cheese. Mmmmm, it was so good! Best thing is, I have leftovers!

I've got my guitar lesson soon. Can you belive I've been playing for over 5 months now? My CD should be out soon.

Later!
    Angela
  • Wow, I don't know if I have ever seen the board this quiet. What's everyone up to today??

Angela, good to hear from you. Are the girls adjusting well to school schedules? It's so exciting that your sister is trying out for AI. I'm glad that she has picked a good song. I think picking clothes and a hairstyle would be even more difficult!

Sandra, you seem so upbeat!! I am SO impressed with how much you are walking. Are your feet holding up okay? I do definitely want to join your Halloween challenge. Maybe I can get to the 180's by then. I am so unmotivated lately. I feel like I am just muddling through.

Billie, I'm sorry to hear that you were officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia. But at least now you can take steps to prevent things from getting worse, and make specific changes to help yourself out.

Kathy, hope you made it through the workday okay. Maybe your dishwasher just needs a good kick. You and AHS have been too friendly lately.

Although I didn't eat a completely core supper, I do have a SMALL NSV from today. I got off work later than usual. DH was eating supper at church and would be there till later. I wanted to stop at and get some cheeseburgers and fries so badly!! Then I stopped and thought about how I would feel after I ate all of that, and it turned me off!! I went home and cooked. I was really proud of that.

I hope that everyone is okay!! Have a good night!
  • Sandra, I like your new ticker but now I can't tell whether or not you are staying with me. You could slip to the 180's at any moment and I wouldn't realize it!
  • Hi all, just popping in,,,,,,,,will check in while I can this week,,,,prob not till sunday though. Yesterday was ok,,,not stellar, today wasnt ok, but did resist a hotdog at the barbque. Felt full so I quit. Thinking of all of you.....will catch up when I can.
    ttyl
  • Walking and losing weight....hmmm - what a novel idea! I think I might have to try that as well! Good luck Vicki - sorry to hear about the possible diagnosis, but glad that you have some medical attention and have a possible plan?

Angela - so I'm thinking once your sister makes it thru American Idol, you will have become so proficient on the guitar that you will become her official accompanist - and this definitely would lead to that CD you're referring to. Of course I am positive that you would be providing signed copies for all your loyal chickie friends?

So Vickie - what color are the toes? Pink i hope! Are u feeling any better?

Melissa - sorry you are still feeling uncomfortable - hope the pain passes! I am seriously thinking I need to give you and Sandra a run for the money. Trying to get to those lower 190's so I too can just "slip" into the 180's without anyone noticing! (ya right!).

And I am SUPREMELY IMPRESSED w/your strength and willpower at avoiding that fast food fiasco! Wow - bet you feel great now!

Sandra - I am very impressed with all your treadmill walking - good for you. I know you should be an example to me! I am so far not moving very much!

I did go w/dd so school to get her timetable, lock, planner etc but unfortunately could not get to the office to see the principal (you can only imagine how busy the place was and we were in a different part of the school). Did not get to see dd's locker as they are "renovating" and work not completed yet! Felt a bit like a celebrity when we gave the last name - as ds (who recently graduated) has left quite a legacy behind him (as student council president complete with his picture on the lobby wall showing all class presidents!). Kinda cool - office ladies were impressed. Poor dd can't stand it tho - somewhat in her brother's shadow? Says she is changing her last name to mine/stepdad's - which is pretty funny since she does not like dh at all and would never admit to being remotely related!

Got to the bank and then off to the hairdresser's (teeny bit late due to dd having to "chat" w/some friends at new high school and compare timetables and locker locations! I am happy to report gray roots are GONE, GONE, GONE!..and hair is much shorter. Unfortunately due to the humidity and gusting winds this afternoon my hair already looks a bit frazzled. DD got about 3 inches cut of her long hair - and now has bangs! She looks like a goth Cher lookalike! (but without the big nose?), all shiny and straight (which takes a while for her to do - she was wearing it long and wavy recently) - looks good and even dh complimented her on it - which is very rare.

Went shoppig on the way home - got gf in Toronto a hostess gift (a cute ceramic bathroom set - white w/yellow/green/pink flowers - toothbrush holder, cup, soap dish, lotion dispenser) - hope she likes it!. Had to call her from the store to find out what color her powder room was!

Dh spent day getting a portable dvd player for the car so the young 'uns can be suitably occupied during the LONG 5 hour drive to Toronto. Somehow rigged it up so it hangs between the 2 front seats of the van - I will be very impressed if this actually works! (He is very safety conscious and never allows any "free flying" objects in the car - anything that is loose is a potentail hazard in an emergency stop - so we are pretty careful! - always makes me buckle up ds's booster seat when ds is not in the car just in case I'm in an accident - it does not fly around and hit me in the head!).

Eating was a bit off today - but nothing out of control which is great! Very poor on water consumption tho - will try and do better tomorrow - but this is also hard as I don't want to have to stop and pee all the time while travelling. I am doing laundry now and trying to pack for us! Dh is of course out w/a friend!

So tomorrow morning I am going to weigh myself W/MY CLOTHES ON - as if I was at a meeting - I am hoping to see a number close to what my ticker currently says - this would be a VERY GOOD THING - having been off track for a while (last friday morning my scale read 204 - completely nekkid too!).

Hoping Rita and Chaille are okay! Hang in there Patti - there will always be challenges - you can do it!

Going to check the dryer!

Frouf

P.S. Where's Terry w/the new jeans?
  • Good Morning,
    Yep...I am still glued to the tv. I have got to get away from it, it is so depressing. My DD woke me up early this morning to see if I was already up (yeah right!) to go by her house to pick up grand DD's homework. It seems that grand DD had worked so hard to complete some projects on her homework, had her mama check it...only to leave it at home. I could not go back to sleep after that. I called DD back after I got up and had coffee. She said that she was able to hoodwink someone else to take it by the school. Things like that break my heart. I would have had to get dressed and go take that homework. DD said that Anna (grand DD) would have had to go to the school office. It seems that she has done this too many times. I really don't blame Anna for all of this. That family is very unorganized (good word for them ) to say the least. I do love them though.

I am still celebrating my birthday. I went to a lunch yesterday with my sister and mom. Sis bought me a nice pair of ear rings and we had a nice chat. I am supposed to have a birthday lunch with a friend of mine today and do some shopping.

Sandra.....I want to do the Halloween challenge. Tuesday? I haven't done a challenge in ages. I need a swift kick in the...

Walk and lose? Hmmmm.....now why didn't I think of that????
  • Wow, where is everyone?!?!?!
    Just my morning check-in. I hope that everyone is having a great day!
  • I'm here, just still pretty worn out. The DW got fixed so that's a relief. And this morning I had a message on my phone at work from a patio cover builder. I had been trying to reach him but several of the numbers had been changed in the two years since I got his business card. I finally found a home number and left a message for him there on Monday. Tonight a painter is coming over to give an estimate on exterior paint. The laptops were shipped yesterday from Dell so I'm excited about that. I could have used it last night instead of watching "Home Improvement" and "Matlock" at 2:30 - 4:00. I slept from 8 to 10, got up to potty, 10 to 12, got up to potty, 12-2:30, watched TV from 2:30 to 4, and slept from 4 to 6. Quite a schedule, but I guess all added up it wasn't too bad. Looks like 8-1/2 hours all together but I guess breaking it up like that is why I'm so tired today.

My cubemate took a few days off so I'm all alone. I guess I should do some work, huh?
  • Billie, it is difficult to tear ourselves away from the hurricane images. I think that if we don't, however, it can be destructive. I remember during 9/11 how difficult it was to stop watching. I'm glad to hear that you are still celebrating your bday. In our family we always joke about bdays lasting a full week, b/c that's how long it takes us to celebrate.

Kathy, I'm sorry that you had such an erratic night's sleep. At least you slept though! Your house remodel sounds so exciting. I hope that you will post lots of pics and keep us updated.

Where's Vickie this morning?? I hope that Rita and Chaille' are doing well too!

Sandra, when are we going to set up the challenge?? I'll go ahead and set my goal, then adjust if necessary. The way I am behaving there is probably no chance for me to even come close to my goal by my bday. But we'll see I suppose!