3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   We're Living the Dream on Core Board Seventeen! (#17) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/57780-were-living-dream-core-board-seventeen-17-a.html)

Katpo 05-23-2005 04:20 PM

You know what, that's a very good point about them being familiar with points. Unless they're very very new there's no way they could have lost all their weight on Core. They would have all lost with the various points plans, so that's what they know works for them!

mumto2 05-23-2005 05:02 PM

There are 50+ members at my WW meeting and I think there were less than 5 of us doing CORE. My leader seems pretty good about specifying if someone is talking about flex or core and does seem to help the core people adapt something to their plan; but she also lost on points. I think since the majority of people are doing flex she tends to lean in that direction, but she does say "now for your core people, you want to .............." so she does try.

Lisa

aghiowa 05-23-2005 05:13 PM

That's better than a lot of leaders. Ours pretty much lets us (my Mom and I) tell everyone about Core. Thankfully, I have loads of great info from this site!

I think it was Cher that said she hated watching the points melt away. You know, I think that's what I hated so much about flex. It made eating into a struggle - how can I get the most mileage out of my dwindling points, and what in the heck do I do if I'm hungry and don't have the points all planned out? On Core, I eat when I'm hungry to fuel my body, and stop when I'm full. I'm not so fixated on food, because I know when I'm hungry I can eat again. But yet, the Core food list gives me parameters so I don't go crazy. Anyway, thanks for bringing that up. I just couldn't put my finger on what I didn't like about Flex.

Angela

WWEnthusiast 05-23-2005 06:01 PM

Hey Lisa....Wendie plan really isnt' that bad. It REALLY is Weight Watchers Points only it doles the points out for you before hand. WEndy herself is an active Weight Watcher so the site says. Each day you KNOW before hand how many points you should have. It does indeed 'wake' up the metabolism. If you add the points using the WPA they come to 175 for 20pt range (my range) and on Wendie Plan that range its 167, but you do get to have that Super High Day, which I always used on Saturday. My week went as follows...
Saturday SHD 35 pts, Sunday 20, Monday 24, Tuesday 22, Wednesday 20, Thursday 25, Friday 21 and then Saturday again..I wish you well with it. With my same 1-2 lb lose,gain, lose again going on I did comtemplate working my week that way too. But that would mean journalling, something I am trying not to do. I'll see how I do this Saturday again, this past weigh in I was down 1.1 but some Dove Ice Cream talked me into taking it home this past weekend so...I'm thinking the 1.1 found it's way back....but I will NOT get on the scale to solidify that :lol:
Let's face it Chicks, they all work if we work them. The beauty with Core and Points is you aren't stuck all the time doing just one or the other. WW well our leader often suggest we "shake" things up and bit and change off.
Her sugguestion, not mine :D
My Lord, there were pages and pages here since my last visit. There is no way again I can ever keep current. I love you all but I can't possibly respond to everyone....I can't go back that many pages...
I hope things for everyone is going well.
"See" you all probably three or four pages from there :D .... Linda

ontarget 05-23-2005 06:39 PM

lisa, that's good that your ww leader speaks to both plans.

angela--and everyone else, i have a question. does it take your body a few weeks to adjust to being on core before the weight starts to drop, or does it start dropping immediately?

linda, i look forward to your messages. i'm losing the same 2 or so lbs over and over, too. surely soon we'll head on down.

cher123 05-23-2005 06:46 PM

I was only on Flex for a week and dropped 5 pounds. I suspected that this wasn't all real weight, though, and the next week on Core one or two pounds came back. Since that second week though, I started losing pretty steadily. My general habits were more similar to Core in the first place, though.

Katpo 05-23-2005 07:11 PM

I've heard people say that the first few weeks on Core they either stayed the same or went up slightly. I think that's what has kept me from losing, because I fluctuate every few days between plans. If I were to stick with Core closely for a month, like I did in the very beginning, I would lose my last 6-7 pounds. I lost 12 pounds in the first 3-1/2 weeks that I started ... that's how well it works.

My regular eating habits, sans any type of "diet" or alternate eating plan, are very close to Core. I would rather have low-fat things though than fat-free, because the fat-free items usually have so much more sugar in them, but I'll eat them and use WPAs or APs when I need to.

Sidebar: I'm such a bad mom ... I just went to Radio Shack and bought a stinking battery for that car remote. It's no wonder she's a brat. :(

Katpo 05-23-2005 07:19 PM

I started another board -- but feel free to respond to these posts on this one! I know it would be hard to transfer some replies/answers from here to there. Just come on over to #18 whenever you're ready to.

Maybe we should start a new thread every Monday morning for the week as a habit.

septembersgoal 05-23-2005 08:01 PM

Just some quick responses here, before going to 18!! :D

Kathy, sorry you had such a time with your daughter! And I think you sound like a great mom. ;)

Cher, I'm like you, I hate to watch those points go away when doing flex. It stressed me out all of the time thinking about how many points do I have left, etc. I thought Core would be more difficult but its actually pretty freeing. Congrats on your loss!

Lisa, congrats on your exercise! And I can't imagine having points that I need to eat...I was always worried about how I would make it through the day without going way overboard!

Linda, we're always glad to see you here!!

Sandra, glad to hear that you don't have to have surgery after all!! :cp:

Off to board #18!