Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #76  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

SLUMBER PARTY AT FROUF'S HOUSE! You are all more than welcome to march up here anytime and camp out at my place - what a hoot that would be!...and I agree w/Vickie about our meeting being quite a happening thing!
I would never say no to pampering!

I am feeling a bit fuzzy headed today and lethargic - could not even drive fast on the highway to work today - what's up with that? Of course woke up w/a headache and a bit stuffed, but I think it's my allergies starting up due to the warmer weather (trees/grass etc). Took some decongestant/pain killer so hope this will help. Good news is TOM is finally over! YIPPEE.

Yes dh has some redeeming qualities - but frankly right now I can't come up w/too many??? I do try to remember he does have some emotional/childhood issues of his own, and his being unemployed right now certainly does help at I know he feels badly about that as well. Hope at least his therapist or our therapist will help him "mature" and understand what being a team player really means!

Now Vickie - walking to "sex and the city" - not sure if that is such a good idea - unless you really want to glow and sweat? ha ha ha If you were dreaming about assassins after watching 24 we can only imagine what you'll be dreaming of after watching "sex and the city" (watch out Jim!)

I know you are concerned about weigh in but don't give the scale all the power! It's just ONE of the instruments used to gauge progress. Remember how much healthier you are now with your daily exercise and wonderful eating. This alone is something to be proud of whether or not the scales moves in the right direction.

Kathy - hope you are okay - make sure to take care of yourself and check back in when you can!

So Angela - I guess I will remove my watch too before weigh - in- congrats on your loss (boy that's some big mother of a watch you got there! )

Lisa - congrats to you too - try to hold onto the idea that you will never see the 60's again!

Deboarh - dh bashing is quite allowed here - it does help me realize I am not alone and not crazy and that my expectations for understanding and support are not unreasonable. This keeps me going (froufs like to be right as much as possible )

Kierie - how are you doing today? Hope the jump back on the wagon did not hurt too much!

I was starving this morning - despite feeling crappy - indulged in a breakfast from mcdonald's (egg mcmuffin & REAL coffee - really need some caffeine today) - I know I definitely don't have any points left - but I am not going to stress too much over my eating as I have other things to worry about? Best case scenario is I stay the same - otherwise I may be up a lb but it's not like I don't know how that happened and certainly can't pretend I did nothing wrong. So that's okay - I will just accept this and move on - it's a part of life and the learning experience. I agree that what is most important right now is taking care of myself and to make sure dd is okay! I will do the best I can w/my eating plan without completely sabotaing myself.

Brought some leftover chicken stirfry for lunch (dh made it - looks pretty bland?) no rice or anything so I packed a raw potato to nuke in the office microwave if I feel the need for a side dish. Also packed some GORGEOUS fresh pineapple slices and ripe strawberries for desser and I'm really looking forward to that (did you ever think fresh fruit could be so exciting?)

My supervisor called in sick today which is almost a blessing - I did have to meet w/her for some decisions so that's a bummer - but I am a bit more relaxed now and feel I don't have to stress as much to get things done - can try to work at a more leisurely pace. Have also booked tomorrow off for the big shopping trip to the states with my gf....this should be fun and relaxing. She is a great friend that I can confide in - she knows me and dh and as an ex-nurse has lots of medical knowledge as well. Just went to the bank here and got $100 US woohoo!

Frouf
Old 04-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #77  

Angela, way to go on another good WI! I can't even begin to imagine how good it must feel to be in the 120's! Keep on doing what you're doing because clearly it's working great! How did your mom do? Another good WI for her too, I hope.

Kathy, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather ... maybe you just need a quiet day to recharge your batteries. Take good care of yourself!

Vickie, don't you worry about that dastardly scale of yours. You are going to do great at your WI! Did you do the measuring that you had planned to do this week? If you did, I'll bet you found that you were eating right on target, didn't you? Are you watching the first year of 24? My DH and I love the show 24 ... the first year had some bizarre plot twists though. I think it's great that you've devised a way to stay distracted while exercising ... sure makes the time go by faster, doesn't it?

Froufie, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather also but I'm glad you got a little bit of a break at work with your supervisor not being there. You're probably feeling a bit out of it because of the medicine. I hope you and your GF have a wonderful shopping trip tomorrow ... it will do you a world of good to get away for a day so be safe and have fun!

Off to lunch shortly ... I'm plotting to stress eat for some reason. Don't really know why!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #78  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
Still not back on the wagon If DH works late I'm goign to sit down with my WW stuff and make a grocery list and a plan.
Fighting depression hard lately Dh worked late last night and all I wanted to do was eat We have free registration coming back up at WW so in a week or 2 I'd like to rejoin between fam obligations and out and out exhaustion I missed 4 meetings and was too cheap to pay the $50 to come back.
I'm embarrassed. I probably regained the tinsy bit i lost and I feel like the bad kind of loser. It will pass I just have to get out of my funk. gotta run and look productive
Kierie
Old 04-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #79  
Athlete in Training

Wow, so much going on today.

Kierie, you sign up as soon as the free registration starts. Quitting is not an option, especially when there is so much support available. Don't worry about what you've done in the past, plan for what you're gonna do in the future. It's okay to fall, as long as you keep getting up again. (OK, I'll step down from my soapbox now. )

Congrats Angela. 129, OMG, I'd be so thrilled to see the scale stop at that number instead of shooting right by. Ahh, just considering that number makes me feel good.

Bravo Lisa - the 60's are gone. And didn't you struggle to get to the 50's? It's got to feel great to get past the stuck point.

Frouf, it sounds like the issue with your dd is moving toward resolution. It'll probably take some time, but it really sounds like you've got a great plan, and that must be a relief for you.

Vickie, here's a thought for the scale. Get rid of it, or put it somewhere where it is difficult to access. Flylady might have you donate it to goodwill. When you weigh daily, you give the scale too much power. Don't let the scale dictate how your day is going to go. (Another soapbox moment . . . ) I'm glad you like the dressing. It is my favorite.

Kathy, get well soon.

Everybody else, have a core day!

As for me, I have a story followed by a multiple choice question.

Friday they're having a pizza party here to congratulate someone on his promotion. I've already made arrangements to have them get me a salad, but they're ordering fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, and there is no way that I can pass those up. I am planning to have one, and think I can pull that off and count points.

Saturday night, my neighbor is having a candle party. I imagine they will have some food (and liquor), but I have no idea what there will be. I'm excited to go because we're new in the neighborhood and this is a chance to meet the local ladies, but I would hate to be known as the fussy one who wouldn't have a glass of wine or try so-and so-s famous cheesepuffs.

Sunday, my husband's friend's wife is having a baby shower. I know her, but we're not the type of friends where I'm comfortable bringing my own food and not having her get insulted. I'm fairly sure they're planning a full meal. Plus, with all we've been through trying to start a family over the last 7 years, baby showers tend to be kind of hard for me.

I have saved all my points, so I have 35 to spend. I'm just so concerned about not making a bad impression or upsetting anybody, especially since I really don't know anybody well.

So, here's my question. Should I
(a) Eat my core food before I go and just nibble on the party food, feigning an upset stomach if people try to push.
(b) Eat very light at home and try to figure out how to make meals out of whatever they're serving within my points
(c) Just say screw it and party, since this sort of thing doesn't happen all that frequently and it's only two meals.

I'd love opinions from the group.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #80  

Height: 5'7"

Wow, Terry! That's quite a weekend. I think here's what I would do if it was me: eat the salad and cookie, go all out on the neighborhood candle party (you have points!) and save my tummy ache for the baby shower and just send a gift.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #81  

Yep, I agree with Kathy. Salad and enjoy that one cookie, eat reasonably but enjoy yourself at the neighborhood party, and bow out of the baby shower. If you DO have to go, maybe show up after dinner is served??? I don't know if that would work, but it would save you the dinner temptations, and make sure you don't have to stay as long.

Angela
Old 04-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #82  
Card Carrying Princess

Terry - my advice:

1) Pizza party cookie - if you are ABLE to eat only one cookie, have the points and have planned it into your day then I say ENJOY IT!

2) Candle party - I would definitely eat something before you go so that at least you are not tempted too much as you don't really know what the offerings are! Assuming you have points and REALLY WANT something and it won't set you off, then have it!

3) Baby shower - is there any way you can confirm if a full meal is being served and what it is? Do you have to go for the meal? If so, then again I would suggest at least having some protein before you go in case the meal is all non-core or something. Otherwise eat what you can, count what you can and try and enjoy yourself.

I don't agree w/option c at all and would not recommend saying to heck with it - it's a party/special event. Looks like you have a lot of "special events" and before you know it changing the roll of toilet paper becomes a special event and calls for a food celebration (hey not a bad idea! ha ha ha). I guess one needs to decide what feels right - and is the party worth it - just in case the weight loss slows down!

Good luck and I hope you find some down time to relax this weekend!

Frouf
Old 04-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #83  
Athlete in Training

Talking Time to change the toilet paper roll . . .

Old 04-14-2005, 03:37 PM   #84  
Card Carrying Princess

Very cute!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #85  

Height: 5'7"

I'm off to change my toilet paper rolls all over the house, and will celebrate with a big ol' bowl of SF jello!!
Old 04-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #86  

Hmm, I'm going to go drink a ton of water and use up all my TP, so I can change the roll too! Sounds like a celebration to me!!

Angela
Old 04-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #87  

This could be trouble. My family goes through toilet paper like the wind. So to speak.

I tried the eat before you go thing once and, although I didn't actually eat anything at the event (it was a spaghetti dinner fundraiser), I really wanted to. So it worked, but what I think I'd do in future is allow myself a bit of whatever was at the parties.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #88  

Hee hee, going through TP like the wind. Brings up interesting images.

Vickie, have you tried the French Farmhouse Garlic Chicken yet? I made it tonight, and it was delish! The garlic was very sweet and not too strong at all, just like they promised. The sauce was really yummy too. I had it over barley instead of brown rice. Mmm. Now of course, my whole house reeks of garlic, but that's OK because I like the smell!

Angela
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM   #89  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello All! Thanks for all of your support. I'm back from my meeting. I wasn't going to stay (even though I said I would ALWAYS stay for meetings) because I was starving. My Leader asked me to stay because I participate and she needs people to talk. I want to say here and now that I am going to stay off the scale. Every day, every week, I fret and it doesn't change the Thursday night weigh in. Then there are days like today where the number this morning was higher than early days but was fabulous tonight. How does that happen? Anyway, despite my worries, I LOST 3.6! OMG, that is one of my best losses! Crazy body, crazy woman! So I'm down 34.8 and just missed my darn new Chick. I know, I know, there is just no pleasing me!

Frouf, I told Jim what you said about Sex and the City. First he laughed but then he wanted to go rent it for me tomorrow! I told him I have to finish 24 first. Unless it keeps giving me bad dreams! I hope you really enjoy your day tomorrow and I can't wait to hear what you buy.

Deborah, I think your wishes helped my loss! I am watching the first season of 24. I've only seen 3 episodes so far but I cannot believe how the time flies. It's hard for me to keep track of all the twists and turns. I'm such a scaredy cat though. I worry about Terrorists so I'm not surprised that I was dreaming about assassins after just watching 2 episodes. It also really grossed me out when they cut the thumb off. I can't watch that stuff. But once I start something I have to finish it. It would kill me to not know how it ends!

Kierie, I hope you feel better soon. You wouldn't have to pay the $50. All you'd have to pay is registration again and the week's weigh in. I agree with Terry. Don't worry about what you've done. Just be proud of yourself for starting over. All we can do is get up, dust ourselves off and start over.

Terry, thanks for the support on the scale. I do give it too much power. As for your parties, I would say you should definitely not eat whatever you want. I agree with whomever said that there are always going to be occasions and you cannot just cut loose at each one. Your plan for the pizza party sounds excellent. For the candle party, I'd eat before I went and then munch on whatever looks really cool and special. If you really feel you have to drink, just take one glass and nurse it all night. Drinking can lower your willpower so I'd be careful not to drink too much. They are likely to have a veggie tray since so many people are trying to be healthy now. For the reasons you mentioned, I'd do my darndest to get out of the shower and just send a lovely gift. If you and she aren't close why, put yourself through the emotional and program torture. If you have to go and eat the mea,l just do the best you can and get back on program the next day. Fill up on salad and veggies as much as possible and try to stay away from the other stuff.

You guys are all very funny! I have to go now. I don't have any TP rolls that need changing, but Jim and I are having popcorn tonight for our snack!

Angela, I haven't tried the Farmhouse Garlic Chicken yet but I noticed it in your menu today. It sounded good so I scouted down the recipe and printed it. I think I'll make it next week. Did it make enough juice or should I double the liquid part of the recipe?

Last edited by Vickie; 04-14-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #90  

Vickie, I made it with 3 chicken breasts (it calls for 6) and kept the full recipe liquid measurements; I had maybe 1/3 cup of sauce left. I'd definitely double the liquid, especially if you're eating it over something.

Angela
Closed Thread