Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #121  

I know what you mean. Usually my mom and I are the only ones doing Core. I think everyone thinks it's too restrictive, and they can't have their favorite low-cal treats or something.

I just hope that in a year or two, they don't decide it's not popular enough and shut it down. I always try to talk it up as much as I can during each meeting. People are probably getting really tired of hearing from me!

Angela
Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 PM   #122  

Height: 5'7"

Terry, when I first started WW 1-1/2 years ago, I thought "there's no way on earth I can write it all down!" Now I do it even though I don't have to, especially now since I'm basically doing Flore instead of full-fledged Core. I have to journal or my portions and caloric intake will go thru the roof if I'm not careful!

Congratulations on your successful weigh-in!
Old 03-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #123  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

am in an online on phone meeting right now and debating buyig something onlien while in the meeting ARG!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #124  

Good afternoon everyone! Quick question...Would anyone for some odd reason know the nutritional information for the CORE cornbread? Trying to decide whether I should make those or buy Krusteaz ff cornbread mix for tonight? Anyone?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #125  
Closed

Hi All....
Angela I think you hit the nail on the head when you said, most people think core is too restrictive and the can't have their favorite low-cal treats....I too feel that way although we do have those 35WPA, I rarely use them when I do core. Go figure!!
Kathy I see your ticker has gone down.....great going. At least you're trending down!! Congrats!!
Frannie -30 lbs - fabulous!! I dont' feel that way about me and I am right there with you...Wonder why we are always so happy for others???
I am having a **** of a time. Searching through magazines for ' new' programs to help jump start my stall or to even motivate me. Why I can't do a complete week is beyond comprehension!!!!!
This is pathetic.....I'm good for 2-3 days....and then....bam!!! Here we go loop de loop!!
Thanks Vickie for the good words for Do-Overs....cause I think I have just about run out of them...I have more pages ripped out of my journal. A while ago I bought a whole bunch a little at a time, having nearly a year and1/2 worth and now I have maybe, 24 weeks left (2 -12 week journals)
I am one who NEEDS to journal.
Theres always tomorrow.....so Scarlett O'Hara says.
I sit here now snacking on Lime Chips, which are sooo addicting....can't seem to stop, and it's like I don't even care....I just keep pulling them out of the bag.....
Tomorrow.....ahh yes tomorrow..............
I can't chime in on American Idol.....I am more of a Forensic/CSI fan.....Can't get enough of that.....
Well have a great night out there.......see you all tomorrow....Linda
Old 03-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Linda, maybe you need to go to meetings more often. I think you only have to pay and weigh once, but I think you can go to as many meetings in a week as you want to. That's why I came to these boards., 7 days is too long for me, but here I find the extra support., not saying that you don't., but maybe an extra meeting would help keep you motivated.

Yes, there are about 5 of us CORE people at my 60+ people meetings. When I did WW before it was the old 5 breads, 3 dairy, 6 fruit & veges., etc. so when CORE came out, sounded more like the old system to me. Flex to me means I can use my points on bread and sugar, and I know thats not the case, but in my head it is. I would use all my points for chocolate and donuts, and cakes and pies, etc.

Lisa
Old 03-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

Torrey, the stuff I make only lists the points but it's better than nothing!

CORE Cornbread.......CORE/FLEX

1 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tps. salt
1/2 c. Splenda {up to 3/4 cup if you like it sweet}
1c. fat free yogurt
1/2 c fat free sour cream
1 tbs. oil
2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mix liquid ingredients in a small bowl.
Gently fold the wet into the dry.
Pour into a 9" deep dish pie plate or a 9" square pan that has been sprayed with Pam.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cut into 8 wedges.
Flex Points: 8 servings @ 2P each

*HINT: an idea for something different would be to omit one egg & stir in a small can of chopped green chiles
Old 03-23-2005, 05:51 PM   #128  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm one of a few people on Core in my meetings. The Leader and I keep talking it up. Kinda puts pressure on me to be a good "Poster Girl"!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #129  

Hi, my favorite girlfriends. I missed y'all today ... my DD greeted me this morning with nonstop bouts of vomiting so she fell victim to the stomach virus I had earlier this week. Poor thing ... she seems to be feeling better this afternoon and has managed to keep saltines and Propel water down so I think that's a good sign. At any rate, I am feeling just about back to my regular self ... as evidenced by my desire to snack all afternoon. I did pretty good though ... had some popcorn and am getting ready to eat my salad for supper with something else. I kept busy most of the afternoon doing one of the chores I hate the most ... cleaning the window frames, tracks, etc. I guess I get to tackle cleaning the panes next! Lucky me!

Way to go on a good WI, Terry! And congratulations to you too, Kathy, for dropping below 150! If you mentioned it, I missed it and only noticed after Linda pointed it out. Great job, both of you!

Lisa, it sounds like you're really pumped up so I hope next week will be a good WI for you!

Kierie, it sounds like you're feeling better too. Were you able to make your on-line purchase, despite the interference from work?

Vickie, thanks so much for the support. I wish my agency would offer RIF's but they refuse to entertain the notion. They are "displacing" us, which essentially only gives us the right to apply for a special bank of jobs scattered all over the country, for which we will be considered first. Like I really want to jump at the chance to work in the middle of nowhere!! By the time the closure is expected to become effective, I hope to be down to only around 6 months ... hopefully, I can find something within commuting distance for that length of time. And Vickie, I can't think of anyone better than you to be a poster child for Core ... you follow it more consistently than anyone ... well, maybe it's a toss-up between you and Angela ... y'all are both wonderful role models and sources of information for anyone who's contemplating Core.

Linda, big hugs to you, girlfriend! You'll find your way ... I'm like you in that I ALWAYS buy those magazines that promise to "jumpstart your metabolism" or "lose 10 pounds every week" but I'm always disappointed when I read the articles. There's just no magic pill. I was all set to buy some of that hoodia stuff ... you know that cactus they featured on 20/20 a while back because it's supposed to completely suppress your appetite. I think it goes for about $30 a bottle on the internet but after doing all the research that's available, I found out they haven't been able to successfully duplicate the effects from eating the actual cactus in a pill form so people are paying the $30 for something that's just full of the standard filler weight-loss chemicals. There's a good article about the Hoodia on this website ... where they rate products.

Enough of my ramblings. Everyone enjoy the American Idol do-over tonight!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #130  

Hey Vickie, I remember you asking what the Egyptian Rice recipe turns out like. I made it tonight, and it was pretty good. It was easy, just like the recipe promised, too. It was basically meat and rice, but had a nice flavor to it, and 2 out of my 3 kids actually ate it! That's pretty amazing in and of itself. I did omit the mushrooms, due to mushroom-haters in the family, but that's the only thing I changed.

I'd try it if I were you - especially if you are low on ingredients.

Angela
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 PM   #131  
Closed

Hi again, unusual for me to post twice in one night, but I came back for some inspiration. Thanks Deborah...I sure could use a supportive ((hug)) thanks, friend. I did pick up Womens World magazine and read some interesting weight loss articles which made sense. Like how we should divide our meal....interesting!!
I am going to order Body Make over (Michael Thurman) Xtreme makeover fitness person. He is a no nonsense kind of guy, so we'll see. It's all about eating the right combinations for your body type. Why not??
Lisa I don't attend more than one meeting, but where I work there are 6 others in my office doing WW, most of us Core, so at lunch it is like one Big meeting. Swapping ideas mentioned at our weekly meetings, so it's kind of neat.....One coworker is also a leader...pretty neat!! Not at any of our meetings but it's nice to have her.

I feel like the biggest cry baby here, and I'm sure you are all getting tired of it......
Anyway I think my BIGGEST problem is to find something that will satisfied me at the end of my day. I may have to change my likes. I am tiring of the SF/FF instant pudding in the FF Plain yogurt.. I bore very easily. Oh I am also looking to get a treadmill this weekend. Sears is having a sale.....I am tired of the WATP tapes. Know the dialog by heart.
Well enough said.....I hope you all have a good evening....
Old 03-23-2005, 08:46 PM   #132  

Height: 5'7"

Linda, one of the girls at my office is doing the Six Week Body Makeover program by Michael Thurman and it is really working for her! I wish you great luck with it ... and since I have been reading the Maker's Diet book (but not exactly following it), and another is doing Fat Flush, and another doing South Beach, and we all four sit within talking distances from each other ... gotta love the world of cubicles ... we discuss food and diets and water and this and that and likes and dislikes and what do you do??? and what DID you do??? and what WOULD you do??? -- it's a 10 hour exhaustive day of nonstop talking and comparing. It drives the other people batty but hey, most of them could stand to shed 10 or 50 pounds so they would do good to listen to us!! Today's latest revelation was to make sure we get three daily servings of nonfat or lowfat dairy, namely Yoplait Light yogurt. Since I'm counting calories and not exactly doing Core (but can't stand to leave all my friends here), the Yoplait works for me. I think that sticking between 1200-1300 calories, most of which is very dense and filling foods, and upping the water to a firm 5 16.9 oz. bottles per day, and cutting out the coke, is why I showed a loss. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to jinx myself, but I appreciate you noticing it!! I'm hoping for a few more gone by the end of the month, then I won't worry so much when my gym workouts start back adding a few pounds of muscle.

Anyway, I'm off to get things all lined up to watch AI again. Sigh ... I guess it's good news and bad news. Hopefully they'll all do a little better than last night, and the ones who had a great performance (like my gal Jessica) will maintain it and not lose any votes. I won't be on chat if anyone goes because I'll be glued to the TV and/or my new People magazine I just bought at the grocery store.

Linda, you are NOT a big crybaby! Silly girl!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:13 AM   #133  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi All! Tired evening for me. After my Dentist appointment my Niece asked if Jim and I could stay with my Great Niece and Nephew while they went Easter basket shopping. Of course we agreed. After the kids left I fell asleep on the couch and just woke up! Fat chance that I'll be able to go to sleep any time soon.

I ordered the Body Makeover and returned it to Home Shopping Network. I didn't like the food it was going to force me to eat/not eat. Maybe I just wasn't ready at the time to do it.

Angela, thanks for the review on the Egyptian Rice. Jim and I love mushrooms so we can leave them in. I'll try it soon. I just bought some ground sirloin today. I want to make a "hamburger helper" (comfort food) kind of dish and another polenta pie for lunches.

Deborah, if you have to move for 6 months, I'll hope you can find something close to home. If not, you have friends in Chicago, Iowa, and Texas!

Tomorrow should be a normal day. Not too much going on except for weigh in. Ugh.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:59 AM   #134  

Everyone, bump up to #13 ...
Closed Thread