Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #31  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Snowy sunday here - yuck! Was almost springlike here yesterday - then today we wake up to mounds of swirling white stuff! - not good driving either!

Kathy - sounds like you had a good time and I too HATE that smoke smell in hair and clothes. Our city however is quite smoke free and since a couple of years ago all EATING AND DRINKING ESTABLISHMENTS ARE SMOKE FREE...like all smoke free - used to have a "smoking section" but even that is history now. We love it! ..and are so used to it that when we travel we are so surprised when we are asked "smoking or non-smoking!"...

I can't believe your dog bit you - all in fun of course - ouch! Hope you arms feels better soon!

Vickie - do what you can but take care of yourself if you are not feeling well and are on meds (I should know! )

Deborah I am very jealous of your weather - sunshine and beach walking - wow!

Angela - I know the feeling when sickness goes from one family member to another - poor you. Hope yourr dd gets over it quickly. congrats on the ddr exercise - good for you!

Frannie - congrats on the awesome hockey scores!! Sounds like it was a blast!

Kierie - good luck w/Flore - and I wish we had those "no weigh in" cards - I sure could have used that!

...and I sitll hate my hair (that's 24 hours now). Bumped into my gf that I saw at the hairdresser yesterday and said - too blonde - and she agreed - too wild for me...ha ha ha. I might call on Tuesday and make an appt to get it "toned" a bit - maybe on sat - and if it grows on me by then I can cancel!

Took youngest ds to Mcdonald's for breakfast, then to the mall to see the bunnies and for a walk around - I am still hobbling a bit, but feel I need to move around or I will simply atrophy. Gearing up for work tomorrow and dreading it - I know I will have a zillion emails and things to deal with...and I"m on a course wed, thurs friday so only really 2 days of work (and I leave early on tuesday for therapist appt!).

No soup cooking today which is very unusual - not in the mood to chop, simmer and stew - and hungry now so have to find something to eat (again!).

Frouf
Old 03-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #32  
Closed

Hey everyone....phewww- gone a few hours and bam so many post to even catch up on. Doing good today, Sunday..decided not to yesterday...just didn't feel like it, you know how that can be :-)
But back in Core-ous LINE today, and doing great!!
Good luck with Flore way of eating. As much as I fought Core these past several weeks I am now finding I can't do point now.........unreal, right. I found my nitch for my 'snack' and have stocked up on the Plain FF yogurt and some SF/FF instant pudding.
I want to congrat all of you who did well, and to those of you who didn't....it will come, trust me!!
I hope Angela that you little one is soon better. Poor baby,and that you too are feeling better soon.
You too Vic....feel better my friend!!
Frou-can't be too blonde you know!! (or can you :-)
Frannie, I am so glad things are going well with your siblings. :-)
Kat-I hear you girl, the battle keeps on keeping on!! Ughhh, but you know I am feeling better about it. It's this board and ALL of you. Having a hard time wanting to count points but I am doing Core but definetly using my WPA, something I hardly did, and I think THAT is what got me in so much trouble so many times. That is what they are there for so I think I'll do it like WW says we should instead of how I THINK it should be!! Gee, maybe that just might work!!
I wish you all a good week and a focused week. I will be back tomorrow, but I am sure by then this board will be packed again
Before I leave, I just want to say THANK YOU VICKIE for such kind words. You are the sweetest..thanks for caring for those of us who find it so hard to lose even 10 lbs.
You all are so caring, and I think that is what is going to keep me in line.
You all are awesome!! Talk with you later.....
If I missed anyones good news, I apologize but congrats!!! We ARE in the together.
LJ

Last edited by L.J; 03-07-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I hope you're feeling better by now? Are there lots of things going around where you live? You also might have picked up a bug in that icky hospital your nephew was in! My throat is sore today but I think it's because of inhaling smoke and trying to talk over the crowd and karaoke singers. Maybe it'll be better in the morning.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:40 AM   #34  
Closed

Mornin' All....good early Monday morning.....just stopping by to say I actually had a GOOD day yesterday...On Program and very satisfied...I think my new found snack is a saving grace.....just to know I can have a SNACK that fulfills MY 'lust' for the sweet!!
I am all planned and journalled and ready to go!! A great Core day planned!!
Talk with you all later........gotta get ready to leave.
Vickie and Kathy I hope you are both feeling better today.....
Linda
Old 03-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Ladies! I cannot believe it is Monday already. I know, I know....I have a lot of nerve don't I. The weekend just flew by so quickly. I'm feeling ok. There is a bad infection going around here but the symptoms are different than mine. The medicine hasn't really kicked in yet but I've only had three doses. I was already feeling bad before I went to see my Nephew in that icky hospital but who knows....maybe that's where the bladder infection came from? I've got a top and bottom kinda thing going!

Frannie, big Congratulations to Kurt and his whole team! I am a lover of Defensemen (you know the whole Keith Magnuson thing) and really appreciate when they do their job and protect their Goalie. Keep us posted on the team's progress.

Kathy, so your pup bit you! Geesh. Cassie would never do that even in play. She has a very soft mouth. But MacDuff and Macintosh before her....look out. Both Scotties, both hard players. I have a scar under my bottom lip where Macintosh sliced me open when we were playing. He didn't really bite me but he threw his head around to growl and play with me and sliced me open. Bled like a pig! Didn't slow me down though cause here I am 2 Scotties later and still playing hard with them. Hope your arm is better. What's up with Zuki boy?

Poor Frouf, SNOW? It was 60 here today. They say by Wednesday we'll have snow here too. Gotta love March.

Linda, glad to hear that you are right back on program after a little slip. I didn't realize you weren't using your WPA's last time. Girlfriend, what were ya thinkin? In my humble opinion, you need to use some, if for no other reason then to give you just a little taste of something fun now and then. If sweet is what you are after you should do the hot chocolate mix, banana smoothie thingy. It is VERY sweet, especially if you have a nice ripe banana. It helps my chocolate fix and my sweet fix.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #36  

Good morning everyone! I think people here are finally starting to feel better. And I'm recommitting to Core this week. Last week I just couldn't keep it all going with sick kids and my sick self. I got up a little early and did my 10 minute Pilates, thighs this morning. Wow, now they're feeling it! I plan to DDR later in the day.

I went out and bought myself two new pairs of pants Saturday, size 10. I hold them up, and still can't believe that size of pants fits on me.

I think I'm going to try making some split pea soup this morning. I never would have considered that a treat before!!

Well, gotta get the kiddos dressed and fed.

Later,
Angela
Old 03-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, so GLAD to hear that you are finally all feeling better. Size 10! You go Girlfriend!

I LOVE split pea soup but am too lazy to make it for myself. So, I just eat the Healthy Choice Split pea soup. It's pretty darn good and has potatoes, carrots, and ham in it just like my Mom used to make. I can't make these big pots of soup. Jim doesn't eat many of them and I don't like to eat things alot of days in a row. This way I just eat a can when I'm in the mood. Does split pea soup freeze well?

Oh and BTW Angela, thanks so much for always making sure that our recipes make it from the threads into our recipe folder. I just wanted you to know that I notice that you do that for us!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #38  

Vickie - your poor lip!!! Good grief, what we put up with from these dogs! I told Zuki last night he was going to have to get a job to help pay his vet bill. He ripped his stitches out and was bleeding a little the other day, so he goes back this morning to see if he needs them put back in. It's not like his guts are spilling out or anything, but it probably will heal all jagged if we don't do something. Bindy (the bad girl) is full grown so she's about 45 pounds but thinks she's a 5 pound lapdog and doesn't realize how strong she is. She's only about 1-1/2 years old so has lots of puppiness left in her.

Angela, congratulations on the pants size! Woohoo!! Time to shop for summer clothes soon!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #39  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

it's a flyby! Angela WAHOOOOOOO
Kathy you're poor arm and I dream of a smoke free bar Although In Ireland they have em and when my GF went back home she said you could smell alot more foul things!
Frouf I bet your gorgeous even stripey
Will post a good sized one at lunch of after work
NEWSFLASH!
I found a nice lite rye bread 2 slices 1 pt!
Beefsteak Light Rye
80 cal for 2 slices
1 gram of fat and 5 grams of fiber

We're going back to sandwiches b/c I think dinner portions at lunch were fouling me up BBL!
Old 03-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #40  

Happy Monday, everyone:

I just have to crow a little: I made my first 10! I can't be too cocky, though, because it was partly due to having cold and taking sudafed for a couple of days. I think that stuff must be really similar to Metabolife or one of those speedy diet drugs they are always advertising, because it really kills my appetite. I have to actually remind myself to eat, which, needless to say, is not my usual problem. I'd be tempted to take it more often, but I hate how twitchy I feel.

I'm going to need to be careful now, though. I stayed in all weekend, so there wasn't much temptation, but the first day back here at work there was a party with all kinds of homemade Phillipino treats. Totally non-CORE, of course--lumpia (which are little fried egg-rolls, and pancit (think fried rice, but with noodles) and, worst of all: CAKE. I was pretty good--only one lumpia and a couple of tablespoons of pancit, and I escaped before the cake. Tasted waaay too good, though. I love fried stuff.

Vickie said a ways back that I should think about why I chose to go on CORE. At time it was mostly because I was too hungry on Flex, but I think it would be a good idea for me to consider how much better I feel eating healthy stuff, too. I got to this point snacking my head off on junk, and I don't want to go back there. I'm just getting to the point where I can see a physical difference and I need to hold on to that thought.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #41  

Congrats Cher, on your first 10! I agree about Sudafed...if I take it, I can't sleep for hours. I feel like I'm on speed or something (not that I know what that feels like, I'm just guessing ) I tried taking some last week when I felt so miserable, and it only made me feel worse.

Great job on avoiding that cake too. Cake is one of my big downfalls, I've realized.

My sister is getting married this Saturday, and at her reception, she's serving pie and ice cream, and homemade carrot cake. Droool!! I made sure my Mom also got a fruit plate for those of us on Core. We'll see how I manage...

Angela
Old 03-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #42  

Hey guess what? I'm drinking a Diet Dr Pepper! ME!!! It's nasty but I'm chugging my way thru it, hoping that by the end of the can I will have developed a taste for it. I just really needed a soft drink but wasn't about to give in.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Cher, you should be VERY proud! Congratulations and keep up the great work. The first ten pounds deserves a cheerleader for each pound! If that doesn't renew your motivation, I don't know what will. I love fried food too but I'm glad you resisted as much as you did. I was hoping that thinking about why you went on Core in the first place would help you, so I'm glad it did!

Angela, try to be good at the reception but don't make yourself crazy. Did you buy a "hot" new outfit for the occasion or will you be an Attendant?

Finally, Kathy, I am SO proud of you for even attempting the Diet Dr. Pepper. If only you can stick with it through a couple of cans, I think you won't notice the difference in taste after a while. I wouldn't even consider drinking a real Coke now because it makes a coating on my mouth that I don't like from the syrup. Try a couple more before you give up. Also, some people have told me that they get less funny taste when they drink it out of the bottle than the can. Also, Diet Pepsi is MUCH sweeter than Coke. Try a Diet Pepsi and see what you think. I drink Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. It makes Jim gag, but then what does he know....he drinks Tab!

I'm happy as a clam here. Retired....and watching a Chicago White Sox Spring Training game on baseball. Life is good!
Old 03-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Hi everyone!

Congratulations Cher! I can't wait until I hit my first 10. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

Sounds like this cold thing is really making it's way around. DS had viral bronchitis last week, DH just had a head cold, DD had a sore throat, and now I have the runny nose........... Angela, how long does the snot last? Anyway, was taking cold medicine, but now feel all dried out...........maybe some sudafed would pep me up. Does that speed up your metabolism?

Kathy - did you do the fast? I didn't do the double exercise, yet. Didn't feel too good all weekend, so didn't do any exercise. Did manage the WATP 2 mile this morning, that is 30 minutes, maybe I'll try to walk on the treadmill for another 30 tonight WI is Wednesday a.m. Try diet something that you don't normally drink. My friend was a big coke person, but she switched to diet sprite - never drinks sprite, so doesn't know what it should tast like.

I feel all hot and clammy - no temp - think its TOM or pre menopause
Maybe I can sweat it out on the treadmill.

Well, gotta get the kids some dinner. DD has ballet tonight. Both off school today for Spring Recess. whatever. Will have to join the pool this summer or these two will end up killing each other.

Lisa
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #45  

Thanks, everyone. Kathy, have you tried any of the Diet Rite flavors? They are using Splenda and it does make a difference. The cola is caffeine-free, too. I bought some to use in one of those cola-barbecue recipes, because I wasn't sure how aspartame would do if you cooked it. I'm the Diet Soda Queen, though. I started drinking it back in the days of TAB, and if you can take that you can drink anything.
Closed Thread