3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Ideas for Toning? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/54299-ideas-toning.html)

aghiowa 03-03-2005 10:03 AM

Ideas for Toning?

Hi everyone. During the chat last night, I realized that I need to start toning this new body I have. Anyone have any suggestions for good books/videos I can use at home? I am particularly needing help with abs, buns, and thighs.

Thanks!
Angela

Starting Over Again 03-03-2005 10:16 AM

Hi Angela, I get this daily e-mail from Denise Austin (deniseaustin.com, I think?) that has toning suggestions and such. You might want to surf through the website to see if there are any specific toning routines you can get for free. Prevention.com also has a wealth of strength training routines that you can access under their Fitness section. I have the Leslie Sansone WATP for Abs, with its ab belt. I like it better than the regular WATP videos ... it seems like a better workout to me ... of course, I don't do it very often so it doesn't do much for my abs! :lol: I think your DDR activities are probably good toning movements as well. Have fun in your search!

Starting Over Again 03-03-2005 10:19 AM

Oh, and congratulations on the .6 loss! Remember our motto? A loss is a loss, no matter how small, right? :) Considering the stressful week you've had, I think you've done beautifully!

Kelly_S 03-03-2005 11:50 AM

Pilates is a very good way to tone.

I also think that cardio + weight/strength training is the key to increasing your metabolism along with eating as many points a day as you can and still lose.

Tiffy_Sugar 03-03-2005 01:07 PM

Cardio Pilates is the best, I think. Check out the DVD's "Crunch! Fat Burning Pilates" and all the Crunch DVD's. They are the best for tonning!

aphil 03-03-2005 07:11 PM

I am a serious strength trainer over here...and I alternate strength training with cardio sessions.

mumto2 03-04-2005 07:49 AM

Angela,
I am watching Denise Austin on T.V. right now! Yes, just watching........anyway, she is doing arms and ab toning with weights. Looks pretty good. If it wasn't so early, I might do it with her. I know every day her workouts are different. I think she has a cardio program first, then a toning one. Of course now that it's the weekend, probably wont be on again until Monday, but I think I might start taping them.

Lisa

aghiowa 03-04-2005 10:54 AM

So I wandered over to Wal-Mart today, and got the Crunch Pick your Spot Pilates. It looks nice because it has 3 targeted 10 minute workouts for your belly, butt and thighs. I figure if I do one a day, in addition to my DDR or walk (once I feel well enough to exercise again without going into a coughing fit) it should work nicely without being too overwhelming. I've never done Pilates before, but I figure what the heck! :D

Angela