3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Menu for Thursday, Feb. 17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/53621-menu-thursday-feb-17-a.html)

Katpo 02-17-2005 12:59 PM

Menu for Thursday, Feb. 17

I'm in big trouble today and have severely grounded myself. It all started last night when I was having a little talk with myself ... the never-ending "girl, you know what to do and how to do it, so why the frap aren't you doing it???" And all of a sudden, I answered myself (outloud, mind you, which could have been embarrassing if anyone else had heard me) ... "It's late, I'm tired, and we'll talk about this tomorrow." To MYSELF!! :lol: OMG, I am going to start having to name my multiple personalities, I guess!

So I'm on liquids today. I had a glass of milk for breakfast, a Vanilla Slimfast Optima shake for lunch, and will have more milk and maybe some broth for dinner. I have to somehow get my attention and get serious. I've tried being nice, and being stern ... and nothing works, so now I go for a day's worth of punishment. Maybe I'll learn my lesson after this.

aghiowa 02-17-2005 02:42 PM

Hee hee, you've gave yourself a time out I see. I'm familiar with those. :)

Let's see - my menu...
b: puffed wheat with strawberries
l: spinach salad, bites of baby's mac & cheese (mmm)
d: Something wickedly delicious at the German restaurant. Just kidding, I'm planning on lean steak, sauerkraut, veggies, diet soda, no dessert.

Angela

KO 02-17-2005 03:13 PM

Kat lol I did that in front of the guy who was fixing or assessing my scooter you are in such good company!
Breakfast
Apple Berry Crisp
2 coffees with sweet and low and 1%

Lunch
Chicken and broccoli no sauce

Dinner
Chicken leg quarters cooked with skin on de skinned
brown rice and some kind of veggie

kally 02-17-2005 03:23 PM

B - 7 grain oatmeal yogurt and raisins 9p)
S - 2 mandarins
L - brocolli on pasta with oil and pepper and a bit of cottage cheese
S - popcorn to fill up a bit
D - out at a restaurant - no idea a hardish choice but will research.

I think I will walk anothr 1/2 hour today to make it one hour and use some AP tonight. I am hungry now.

Froufy 02-17-2005 04:14 PM

Kathy - glad you had a serious "talk" with yourself!...but I don't like the idea of "punishing" yourself! Not a good plan....celebrate your successes and learn what you can and cannot do - no such thing as a "bad" food!

Rememberm no such thing as failure - it's only "feedback". Hope the liquids day works for you!

I too am starving today - eating way off schedule? and not enuf h20.

Breakfast @ 10 am
1 packet plain instant oatmeal
decaf w/light cream

Lunch @ 12:15
leftover chicken stirfry and about 1 c. brown rice (had also brought some homemade soup but no time to eat it).

Meeting all afternoon - one cup of coffee w/cream

Back at my desk now and quite hungry: sf/ff blueberry yogurt

No idea what's for dinner!

Frouf:)

kally 02-17-2005 04:18 PM

My lunch was superb and very filling.

Blanch a few cups of brocolli (dont forget to peel the stems and slice them too)
Let cool
Put 2 t olive oil in a frying pan and add a couple of cloves of garlic and just a touch of those tiny hot peppers (JUST A TOUCH)
Fry up nicely.
Put the brocolli in there and toss it around and heat it up.
At the last minute throw in a bit (say quarter cup) of ff cottage cheese. Toss it around and serve it on ww pasta.

Excellent, cheap and filling.

Katpo 02-17-2005 04:38 PM

I finally gave in *just a teeny bit* and allowed myself some tomato soup.

Vickie 02-17-2005 04:41 PM

Kathy, I'm sorry you are struggling. Just make sure you get enough calories. Don't want to go into starvation mode.

Vickie 02-17-2005 04:43 PM

Were you really so bad that you had to be sto strict?

Katpo 02-17-2005 04:46 PM

I was up a pound this morning. That is entirely unacceptable and the wrong direction. I either need to do something drastic or give up, and I'm not giving up!

Froufy 02-17-2005 08:37 PM

tomato soup is still a liquid Vickie:)

I had a wonderful supper - one of my favorites! (did I mention that I love smoked salmon).

Had 1 slice of toast, shmear of lf cream cheese - a few slices of smoked salmon, some radishes, onions and cucumber on the side.....then more smoked salmon,...then just a bit more! (did I mention how much I LOVE smoked salmon?)

Still a bit hungry around the edges - but no more food for me! Very tired and hoping to go to bed early!

KO 02-17-2005 11:00 PM

Frouf you are making me drool! At some point when I have had a really good low WPA week I want a half everythign bagel with cream cheese and Lox

Froufy 02-18-2005 05:32 PM

Kierie - we were on a cruise last August - where they had UNLIMITED SMOKED SALMON ON THE BREAKFAST BUFFET - guess where you could find me? I thought I had died and gone to heaven (and it was good quality stuff too)...with bagels, cream cheese, sliced red onions, capers and tomatoes - all there to garnish your plate!

What could be better than eating yummy smoked salmon? Eating with a view of the gorgeous ocean right outside the window...sigh.....