3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   COREporate Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/53270-coreporate-profiles.html)

Froufy 02-09-2005 10:51 PM

COREporate Profiles

Hi and welcome to the WW Core Support Group. If you intend to stay around and become part of this group on a regular basis, please feel free to tell us about yourself.

In the interest of space, this thread will be updated periodically to remove random comments after they are no longer fresh, and to remove the bios of those who no longer (or never did) post on the other threads with us.

Please copy the following and share some info about yourself! (Skip any questions you aren’t comfortable answering
.)

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME:

BIRTHDAY:

MARITAL STATUS:

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:

WW START DATE:

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW:

TOP WEIGHT:

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:

HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR:

HAIR COLOR:

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:

FAVORITE COLOR:

PET PEEVE:

FAVORITE FOODS:

FAVORITE EXERCISE:

FAVORITE BOOK(S):

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:

Katpo 02-09-2005 11:06 PM

DATE: Feb. 9, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kathy

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Too busy

PETS: Yes

WW START DATE: Labor Day 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Track record. WW works if you continue to journal and watch the portions. There's no other way.

TOP WEIGHT: 177

CURRENT WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 139

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde/light brown

OCCUPATION: Courseware developer for B-2 stealth bomber - work on training lessons that student pilot use to learn the aircraft

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

PET PEEVE: Poor grammar and drama queens

FAVORITE FOODS:

FAVORITE EXERCISE:

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Don't have one

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Um ... don't know

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I like country music and probably have a favorite, so I'll edit this later when I think of one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking with it

Froufy 02-10-2005 08:18 PM

My turn!

DATE: February 10, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Froufie/Janet

BIRTHDAY: April 7, 1958

MARITAL STATUS: married - 2nd time around.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 3 kids (2 from previous marriage): Joel, 18, Emily 13 (going on 25!) Sam, 6. Remarried 7 years ago - dh is 5 years younger than me!
Joel is currently finishing high school and will hopefully be entering university in the fall (will stay close to home cuz he's a Prince! :D ). Very politically minded so hoping to get into an International Development program - or something like that. Very confident and outgoing and is School President!
Emily is entering high school (grade 9) in the fall, is a very creative/eclectic (dramatic?) child and loves to dance (tap, jazz, hip-hop).....and Sam - well he's just the cutest and funniest kid and is spoiled and loved by ALL!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love to read, surf the net, play computer games, play the piano (not often enuf), music and TRAVEL! (especially cruising!).

PETS: Okay - I know you're expecting me to have a pet bunny, but alas I am allergic to most animals so no pets for me!

WW START DATE: January 8, 2005

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Did low carb before and was quite successful, and I liked the concept of Core and it's focus on eating good carbs! (and limiting sugar and white flour!)

TOP WEIGHT: 224

CURRENT WEIGHT: 214

GOAL WEIGHT: ?? 144??

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Light brown

HAIR COLOR: real color?? probaby mostly gray w/dark brown?? :lol: But now it's light brown w/golden blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ottawa, Canada (the capital city!)

FAVORITE COLOR: PINK!!!

PET PEEVE: People who are rude and/or enjoy humiliating others!!!

FAVORITE FOODS: Are you kidding? Pizza, ice cream, ripple potato chips, REAL guacomole (in Mexico!), steak, mashed potatoes, tuna salad (can you tell why I'm here? :lol: )

FAVORITE EXERCISE: anything "dancey"...and walking (preferably outdoors!)

FAVORITE BOOK(S):Perfume by Patrick Susskind, Agatha Christie novels, Grisham, Dan Brown, Olivia Goldsmith - well I just LOVE to read!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Any comedy with Goldie Hawn (e.g. Private Benajmin, Overboard, Protocol), Wizard of Oz, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Heidi (the origial w/Shirley Temple), A Fish Called Wanda (makes me crack up every time!)

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP:Major Elton John fan! ...also like Ace of Base, Genesis, Michael Buble, Neil Sedaka, Selena, Gloria Estefan and Lara Fabian.
Also LOVE Broadway Musicals - not too much passes thru here but would love to head to New York and have a blast!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being influenced by the scale and staying with it even tho weight loss is sporadic.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realize I need to do something to avoid future health issues - watched my mom die from heart issues and complications due to diabetes (kidney failure/dialysis) because of obesity - it was not pretty! Also realize it's not a race - slow and steady is okay - and every step gets me closer to my goal.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to joke around and have good time altho some may find me too sarcastic? I have a great smile with a dimple on my right cheek!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Slow and steady wins the race - remember to look at things other than the numbers on the scale...weight loss is not "linear" - you will not lose weight every week but will see other successes along the way!

septembersgoal 04-06-2005 09:49 PM

About Me

DATE: April 6, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: septembersgoal/Melissa

BIRTHDAY: 9/28

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Right now my family consists of my husband and my dog. We hope to have children sometime soon.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, Youth Ministry

PETS: Murphy, our dog

WW START DATE: Well, I started on my 25th Birthday, determined to lose weight...but I haven't. I have been terrible with flex and am now trying Core, at home, to see if I can do better with it.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Its longstanding reputation as healthy and helpful. Plus the fact that I could do it at home.

TOP WEIGHT: 205

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

EYE COLOR: greenish blueish brownish :lol:

HAIR COLOR: brownish

OCCUPATION: Case Manager for Substance Abuse Treatment facility

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kentucky

FAVORITE COLOR: Anything bright

PET PEEVE: People who drive without using turning signals :mad:

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza Hut Veggie Lover's and chocolate....MEXICAN FOOD!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking I suppose. I really like the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs that I have.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Wow, too many to list. I love Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): America's Sweethearts, You Got Mail, plus many many more. I love movies.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I also LOVE music! My favorite musician would have to be my husband, Aaron. ;) He is really great and I anticipate him being signed any time now. I also love David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, U2...just to name a few.

SNACKING! And also going out to eat. I don't choose terribly most of the time, I just eat too much.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have specific goals in mind and a plan that doesn't involve starving myself. Plus I am trying to find all availble resources (like this one!) to help me along the way.

Any advice or encouragement would be welcomed! I just want to take care of my weight problem now, especially before having children. I want to learn how to be healthy now instead of when I am older and have even more things that are vying for my attention. Thanks!

ontarget 05-01-2005 06:14 PM

DATE: may 1, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: notnew2this/sandra

BIRTHDAY: 1/9/47

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):this is my 2nd marriage. i have been married now for 6 years. together we have 2 sons and 1 daughter and 7 grandchildren.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: archery and growing roses

PETS: none

WW START DATE: i am doing core at home as of april 28.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: been there done that before and got to goal once for about 15 minutes.

TOP WEIGHT: 228

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: montana

FAVORITE COLOR: red

PET PEEVE: people who lie

FAVORITE FOODS: mexican food/sweets

FAVORITE EXERCISE: curves

FAVORITE BOOK(S): lanny bassham's with winning in mind

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): action/adventure

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: brooks & dunn

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: consistency

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i have the tools the knowledge, and the support--and a plan.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? this past year i won a national title in archery competition.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: just ask and i'll tell you anything you want to know about me. i'm anxious to get to know all of you, too.

p.a. 08-26-2005 05:24 PM

DATE: Aug. 26

USERNAME/REAL NAME: p.a. a.k.a. Patti

BIRTHDAY: May 24

MARITAL STATUS: M

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 Dd's , 1 Dh

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: ponding, gardening

PETS: 1 dog bingo, 1 cat squeekers

WW START DATE:last sunday

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW:fed up

TOP WEIGHT: 318

CURRENT WEIGHT: 315

HEIGHT: 5"5

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: salt and pepper

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CANADA eh

FAVORITE COLOR:purple

PET PEEVE: people who chew in my ear!!

FAVORITE FOODS: chips, chips and more chips with dip

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking, volleyball

FAVORITE BOOK(S): read too many to say

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): not sure

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Blue Rodeo

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: keeping it off

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: determination

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I like reality tv shows....

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: hmm, have to think about that one

Tejas 08-30-2006 04:43 AM

DATE: August 30, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tejas/Rhonda

BIRTHDAY: September 23, 1945

MARITAL STATUS: To be married on November 25, 2006
I am marrying my first sweetheart whom I met in high school in 1960. We dated for six months then went our separate ways, but never forgot each other.

We have each been married before and also had a spouse die from cancer.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): My fiance has four grown children and one grandchild. I have a godson and grand godson and am very close to a passle of nieces and nephews and their children, and children's children.

Obesity in the older years seems to run in the family..my mother, my siblings and some of my nieces struggled and are struggling with it. Like with everyone, it is some combination of genetics and environment.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like to garden, sew and read...and spend quiet, relaxed time at home or with close friends. I don't travel as much as I would like because of the dogs (below).

PETS: Two dogs: Jake, a 7 year old Border Collie-Lab and Anna, an 8 year old Border Collie- Shepard. They are active and mischevious and expensive!

WW START DATE: I was introduced to WW by a friend about 6 years ago. I mostly just supported her in her quest to lose 100 pounds. She was successful, but on Atkins, not WW. She is quite an inspiration.

I went back to WW in the Winter 2003 and lost from 211 to 170 by the summer. Regrettably, by 2004 I gained 10 pounds back and by the summer of 2005 I was back up to 205 at one point. I went back to WW in March, 2006 at 198 and am now hovering in the low 190's. It has been so slow to lose this time around.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Because it is healthy.

TOP WEIGHT: I can't remember exactly but 210-215.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 193

GOAL WEIGHT: 135-140

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

EYE COLOR: Depends on my mood! Blue to Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown with lots of grey in the front and on the sides.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Toronto

FAVORITE COLOR: Red/orange/pink

PET PEEVE: "You know, like.." "And he's like and I'm like..." Grrrrrrrr...oh, and then there's whining...oh, and talking about the weather (great Canadian past-time)...oh, and then there's...

FAVORITE FOODS: Anything spicy.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, aerobics, Pilates

FAVORITE BOOK(S): There are just too many. I read everything from murder mysteries to political tomes. I don't read too many biographies but perhaps I should.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Again, too many. I've seen Harold and Maude about 8 times and that's probably more than I've watched any other movie. It makes me love life.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I like jazz, blues and classical. I don't care for opera or hip-hop or acid rock.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing it, then keeping it off. HA! Original, aren't I? I like chocolate too much. I love bread. I love wine. I should be a European, not a Texan. Oh, then there's Bar-b-que.

My biggest weight loss problem is FOOD!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't stand it that I put the weight back on. That just makes me toooo normal.

This time I'm more motivated by health reasons. I have no significant health problems so I want to keep it that way and I won't be able to if I carry around this extra weight.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm very politicized and see the world in political terms a lot. I can't bear the injustice and inequities in modern life. I'm also very interested in environmental issues, from anti-littering and recycling to global warming. Recently my own quest to improve the world is to consciously try to live by the Golden Rule. I've learned that essentially all major religions have some variant of "do unto others" as a part of their creeds. It's too bad that we have such trouble putting that sentiment into action...and I won't list all the ways I've failed at it!! ;_)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I hated it when I heard that women develop bodies like their mothers. That has been just too true in my case. But, it has been sobering to experience the changes in my own body that she must have experienced in hers. Since she died 11 years ago so I can't discuss this with her. But, one of my nieces has also gained a lot of weight so we do talk about it in relation to family matters.

It also helps enormously to discuss these matters with others...more than I ever thought it would.

blessedwithsarah 09-04-2006 03:48 PM

DATE: 9/3/6

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Paula

BIRTHDAY: 12/9/65
MARITAL STATUS: Married 10/2/99.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a wonderful 3 1/2 year old girl - Sarah. She is the greatest belssing in our lives. My dh Jim and I lost our son on 2/26/2 - he was just 4 months old and died waiting for a heart transplant. God blessed us with Sarah who is wonderfully healthy and born 1 year and one day after Ben died.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love to garden, walk, be outside and READ!

PETS: 8 year old chocolate lab.

WW START DATE: This time.....Sept 2004. Did WW off and on most of the past 20 years. Always was overweight.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Because it is healthy.

TOP WEIGHT: Pregnant - 235 YIKES, 218 at one point, 214 when I started WW this time.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: ww goal is 174, I'd love to get to 169.999999

HEIGHT: 5' 10

EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Light brown, blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South of Boston, MA
FAVORITE COLOR: Blue/green

PET PEEVE: indecision, whining..
FAVORITE FOODS: red wine!
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything from Nora Roberts, now reading alot of Barbara Taylor Bradford.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): ?? Can't think of one.
FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Neil Young
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: night time snacking.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want my daughter to grow up with an overweight mother who is always dieting. Now I just eat healthy and exercise.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've done nothing but core this time and have tons of recipes. Love to cook!

TechAlum 04-05-2007 08:10 AM

DATE: 4/5/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Techalum/Donna

BIRTHDAY: 10/19

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No kids, don't want any :D

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: quilting, reading

PETS: Rudy (13 yo golden retriever), Figero (10 yo orange tabby cat), Scooter (8 yo black lab mix)

WW START DATE: again like many others, which time? This time 7/05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: it's a plan I can live with

TOP WEIGHT: 265

CURRENT WEIGHT: 233

GOAL WEIGHT: I don't know I'll pick when I get below 200. Somewhere between 160 and 170 I think.

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

HAIR COLOR: Brown

OCCUPATION: Currently I work as a historical presenter at an outdoor history attraction. But, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, and considering going back to school for a masters in architecture.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Dearborn, MI

FAVORITE COLOR: green

PET PEEVE: out of control kids (did you see the family part)

FAVORITE FOODS: chips

FAVORITE EXERCISE: as little as possible???? Seriously, I go to Curves and in the summer I bike ride.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): No favorites, I own hundreds and read more, but I can't really pick a favorite.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sound of music

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: none, I'll listen to pretty much anything except rap

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: empty calories like chips and wine

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm taking it slow and not worrying about how long it will take. Just one step at a time.

Joanneg 04-26-2007 01:29 PM

New To Core and with Questions

DATE: April 26, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Joanne

BIRTHDAY: October 30, 1947

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 3 Dogs, 3 cats, 1 husband!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Watching Movies, Animals

PETS: 3 dogs 3 cats

WW START DATE: April 23, 2007

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I was on the Points Progrm 2 years ago, lost weight. Then my husband was diagnosed with MS and I ate and drank all my weight back!

TOP WEIGHT: 182.5

CURRENT WEIGHT:182

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT:5'3

HAIR COLOR: Brown w/grey and blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oroville, CA

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

PET PEEVE: People who think their opinion/way is the only one

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Waling

FAVORITE BOOK(S): There are soooooooo many

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Ditto above

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Again, so many. I love all types of music

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Using food as a comfort.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really want it

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Being a caregiver for my husband is really difficult (wouldn't do anything different). If you know anyone who is a caregiver, be gentle and supportive with them.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Sooo many - where to start!

TransformingToni 10-18-2007 10:07 AM

My Intro!

DATE: Thursday October 18th, 2007!

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ToniDMB/Toni

BIRTHDAY:July 29th

MARITAL STATUS:Soon to be engaged!!!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):Single mother to a beautiful 10 year old son and I am in a wonderful relationship with a man I've been dating for almost two years and we're about to get engaged! Yay!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Spending time with friends and family, karaoke, playing guitar, going to the gym, and playing Wii, especially Dance Dance Revolution!

PETS: I have a Beagle named Missy, my boyfriend has a fat cat, Kenicki

WW START DATE: Officially today is my first day on the Core Plan, but I've been dieting seriously for almost a year, almost down 30 pounds! :)

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I've done weight watchers many times in the past but never had much success sticking to it. I believe it's because I have no self control when it comes to eating whatever I'm in the mood for, but making sure I measure and calculate points! That is why I'm so excited about the Core plan. All I have to think about is WHAT I eat. I need as much of the guesswork taken out as possible and I have a huge feeling that I will do so well on this plan!

TOP WEIGHT:307

CURRENT WEIGHT:278.5

GOAL WEIGHT:175 (but short term goal is 260 by December!)

HEIGHT:5' 10"

EYE COLOR:blue/green

HAIR COLOR:brown with fun colors! :)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Harrisburg, PA

FAVORITE COLOR: pink and black

PET PEEVE: Too many to list :)

FAVORITE FOODS:Chocolate :(

FAVORITE EXERCISE:Elliptical machine, treadmill, jogging, and my very favorite DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION! FUN FUN!

FAVORITE BOOK(S):Bible

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):Borat, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Meet Me In St. Louis, It's a Wonderful Life and The Wizard of Oz.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP:Ween, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, and Dave Matthews Band.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: boyfriend tempting me with late night junk food and pizza delivery. We are trying to save money for our wedding so that eliminates spending money on take out, which is going to really help me stick to this plan! :)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am extremely eager and am committed to planning for my meals ahead of time. I'm forcing myself to open up and try new foods (ff cottage cheese with pineapple-haven't ate any yet, but I brought it to work with me today-wish me luck!) to find new things that I know I will come to love and enjoy. I'm already hooked on exercise, but I know my eating is what needs work. I believe weight watchers core plan will give me the right tools I need to be successful!

Nice meeting you all ladies! Looking forward to being an active part in this board and getting to know everyone! :)

Eggie 10-28-2007 03:28 PM

Hi everyone!

DATE: October 28, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Eggie/Debbie

BIRTHDAY: June 14, 1976

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged :love:

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No kids, just a husband-to-be

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Eating? ;) Photography, reading, travel

PETS: No

WW START DATE: October 25, 2007

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: After years of unsuccessful dieting on my own, I decided I needed more support

TOP WEIGHT: 163

CURRENT WEIGHT: 163ish

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5' 3.5"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Detroit, MI

FAVORITE COLOR: hrm...pink or purple

PET PEEVE: oh, so many...

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza, cookies, blueberry muffins, beer

FAVORITE EXERCISE: elliptical

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I Know This Much Is True; The Time Travelers Wife

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): ...no idea

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Jimmy Buffett

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating out! I LOVE restaurants!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have the support and accountability of WW.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not right now. :)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Plenty...I'll let you know as appropriate.;)

Lulie 02-21-2008 03:33 PM

DATE: February 21, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Lulie / Kathy

BIRTHDAY: 7/16/55

MARITAL STATUS: Married again

FAMILY INFO: I have a son who is 30 yrs old, in the Marines. A daughter who's 25, scientist. A daughter 18, Freshman in college. A daughter 16, who is really anywhere between 4 and 40.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like hiking and travel.

PETS: Jimi the Cat, who I don't like that much. Want to get a doggie.

WW START DATE: 2/18/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I had been on it before and it worked. I used too count points but I have no patience for that. Hoping to stick with Core.

TOP WEIGHT: 221

CURRENT WEIGHT: 221 - wow! Today is 2/21! Good sign!

GOAL WEIGHT: 155

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: Frosted most of the time.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Long Island, NY

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

PET PEEVE: Finding an empty box in the pantry.

FAVORITE FOODS: Pie, cheesy stuff, fish.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: WALKING

FAVORITE BOOKS: The Secret.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Limiting the wine!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE ABOUT SUCCESSFUL: I feel scared when I look toward the future.

historygeek 03-15-2008 08:17 PM

DATE: March 15

USERNAME/REAL NAME: historygeek/Ann

BIRTHDAY: March 16

MARITAL STATUS: single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): no kids, 2 sisters, one brother, mom, and step-dad... spread across the country

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I do volunteer work for Historic Seattle and the Seattle Architecture Foundation... and a little for the National Park Service from time to time.

PETS: none, but I want a cat

WW START DATE: 1/2/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I wanted a sensible plan that would teach me how to eat properly for the rest of my life.

TOP WEIGHT: When I bought my scale last summer I was at 224, but I don't think that was my highest weight

CURRENT WEIGHT: 187

GOAL WEIGHT: 132

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: blue/green

HAIR COLOR: well, I mix copper chestnut and light copper chestnut together...

OCCUPATION: architectural historian - most of my work involves determining whether buildings are eligible for the National Register of Historic Places or state or local registers

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Seattle

FAVORITE COLOR: reds and pinks

PET PEEVE: being underestimated

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): other than architecture books? anything by Rita Mae Brown or Terry Pratchet

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): No one movie comes to mind

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Bonnie Raitt, both as an artist and a person

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: When my blood sugar drops (hypoglycemic) I want to binge

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm out of denial and thinking about my family history of weight related illness - type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Nothing I can think of

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've been living with hypoglycemia since my teens. My dad had heart disease and a single bypass in the 80s and my brother was diagnosed with diabetes and heart disease (double bypass) in Feb. 08. There's a lot I don't know, but I'll share what I've got.

RolyPolyPolly 03-31-2008 07:34 PM

DATE: March 31

USERNAME/REAL NAME: RolyPolyPolly / Sarah

BIRTHDAY: June 14th

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): no kids, one brother, mom, and dad... All in MA, where I grew up.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sewing / Quilting / Machine Embroidery; Cooking; Growing Things

PETS: 2 feline kids

WW START DATE: this time around: Nov. 11th?, 07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Originally, My doctor recommended it when I asked her to recommend a diet for me.

TOP WEIGHT: 186

CURRENT WEIGHT: 151

GOAL WEIGHT: 144 (maybe less, we'll see when I get there!)

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: brown/hazel

HAIR COLOR: BORING Brown

Embroidery(company&org. apparel, monogrammed items, etc.)
Custom Quilts (mostly baby gifts, but others also)
Window Treatments & Home Dec. Sewing

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pittsburgh area, PA

FAVORITE COLOR: so many! I guess to pick one shade, it'd have to be green.

PET PEEVE: people wasting their lives being mad at the world

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate, red wine, bread... my mouth literally just watered.:(

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walk Away The Pounds!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Hard to say. Maybe Memoire of a Geisha, or the Time Traveler's Wife

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): not much of a tv/movie person

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Luciano Pavarotti

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: i get bored. I eat when I'm bored...which is all the time.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: New inspirations and motivations: family history, family futures, self respect... the list goes on!

I NEED BUSINESS! Pass the word on!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: time will tell, I guess.

twestra 04-12-2008 03:56 PM

DATE: 4/12/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tracie

BIRTHDAY: 1/27/62

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced but have a wonderful boyfriend

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Have three sons, 18, 20 & 22, still living at home.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Traveling, computers, going to plays, concerts, etc.

PETS: Cat named Monkey

WW START DATE: 3/17/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I've tried it before and it worked. I just got off track, plus my knee started acting up on me and I quit my walking and just started eating what I wanted to. All my own fault. I still could have eaten better even if I couldn't continue walking.

TOP WEIGHT: 207

CURRENT WEIGHT: 195

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'0"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Grand Rapids, Michigan

PET PEEVE: Mean people

FAVORITE FOODS: I like salty things. Popcorn, chips, and breads are my downfall.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Just started a water aerobics class and I love it. I used to love walking, but that's out of the question right now.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything by Lisa Scotoline, James Patterson and Mary Higgins Clark.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pretty Woman, Working Girl

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Aerosmith

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Breads & salty snacks

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a bad knee and I feel if I lose weight, it will help my knee feel better. Besides, I can't stand myself this heavy. I feel like a blimp!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I used to walk every day for at least 1/2 hour a day. Then my knee started really bothering me. I had an MRI and they said I have no more cartlidge in my knee. It's bone on bone. They don't want to do a knee replacement on my because I'm too young so I have to live with it for at least another 5 years. I decided that I needed to lose weight as it wasn't helping my knee. Plus, if I do get a knee replacement I'm sure it will be better for my new knee to weigh less. So here I am.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've done ww and tried the flex program. It worked for me, but as stated above I had a few obstacles and didn't stick to the plan. I decided to try the core plan this time and I absolutely love it.

nancy237 04-23-2008 08:39 PM

losing 20

DATE: 4/23/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: nancy

FAMILY INFO married with 4 kids and 1 grandson

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: like animals/nature/reading.

PETS: dog/cat/2 bunnies

WW START DATE: today

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: My husband and I needed something easy to keep up with that we could do together.

TOP WEIGHT: 150

CURRENT WEIGHT: 150

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Blond/brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NC

FAVORITE COLOR: Ocean Blue

PET PEEVE: negative people ( not the same as a good vent)

FAVORITE FOODS: strawberries

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking/biking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Bible/Black Stallion

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Under The Tuscan Sun

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: James Taylor

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on track when
whole family is eating the good stuff. Also I can work hard for weeks to lose 2 pounds then gain them back in one day eating one thing I should not
(okay it seems this way)

Not sure, to be honest

My husband and I are doing this together but he expects me to be his
coach which is a bad set up.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I lost weight a few years back
on the flex plan but did not keep it off. Protein in the am really helps me.

pooky1969 04-28-2008 10:45 PM

DATE: 4/28/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: pooky1969/Kristi

BIRTHDAY: 6/24/69

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Been married for 15 years (together for 18 years) and we have a daughter 15 years old.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to cook and try new recipes.

PETS: none yet, hopefully soon!

WW START DATE: First start date 1/2003, second start date 4/2006, haven't offically started again, gonna try on my own.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: It works!

TOP WEIGHT: 173

CURRENT WEIGHT: 169

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'8"

HAIR COLOR: light brown w/blonde highlights, needs to be cut too!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NY

PET PEEVE: liars

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian, chinese, mexican, oh! mac and cheese!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: don't know, haven't exercised in a LONG time!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything Dean Koontz

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Forrest Gump, Where the Heart is, Beaches, Dances with Wolves, Somewhere in Time.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Pretty much anyone American Idol

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Portions, emotional eating, eating from being bored.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Summers coming!

breatheincubus7 04-30-2008 11:03 AM

DATE: Wednesday, April 30th 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: breatheincubus7 / Christine

BIRTHDAY: Decemer 19, 1980

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married for nearly 3 years

FAMILY INFO: Married to the love of my life, have a 7 y-o step-daughter, and the most wonderful parents and in-laws ever.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, myspace, internet in general, music

PETS: Two black and tan short hair dachshunds, Twix and Jazzabelle, my babies; and one rottweiler who is the worlds biggest pain in the arse...but cute.

WW START DATE: Monday!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: My husband and I had started the SBD Ph. 1 and made it a week, and then found out about WWC from a lady who has lost 56 lbs since January. So, we decided to finish out the 2nd week of SBD and then start Core. Three days into it, and things are peachy. Aside from terrible salt and chocolate cravings from that lovely time of the month...what a week to start Core!!

TOP WEIGHT: 155

CURRENT WEIGHT: 143..i actually gained a pound since SBD...:(

GOAL WEIGHT: 120, but i would be happy with 125

HEIGHT: 5'4ish"

HAIR COLOR: brown with some greys popping up randomly...

OCCUPATION: Industrial Engineering Clerk. (I calculate timecards and do payroll in a stinky metalcasting factory)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Where Iowa, Illinois and Missouri meet, Illinois

FAVORITE COLOR: pink and black

PET PEEVE: dishonesty

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate!! right now anyway. probably chinese

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, any trashy romance novels..heeh. but recently have broadened my literature horizons with Me Talk Pretty One Day, A Million Little Pieces, and currently am reading The Tenth Circle, all of these books are fantastic and I highly recommend them.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Gone With the Wind and Giant. I love many many more movies, too many to name without wasting a few minutes of your time, so I will stop here.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I love Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, Green Day, Weezer, Dixie Chicks, and lots of others...No country cept for the chicks though...and not a big fan of rap really..

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: laziness and overindulgence

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My husband and I are determined to do this right this time, and be healthier and happier with ourselves. He is also planning on testing for State Police in about 2 years, or when he finishes his AAS at community college, so he needs to shed his marital bliss pounds and get in shape for testing so he does well. And I have never weighed this much in my life. Mainly in part this is due to carry ins at work, donuts in the morning, ordering out for lunch with the girls, and having a job where i sit on my arse all day and only use my hands to work with.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Nothing outstanding that I can think to mention.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Haven't had any real dieting experiences personally. This is the true first time I've really made an attempt at being a health-conscious eater. It was always just whatever I wanted, I ate.

TJFitnessDiva 05-17-2008 08:16 PM

DATE: 5/17/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: RomanceDiva/Tanee

BIRTHDAY: October 4th

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I am a stay at home mom to 3 children...ages 7, 4, and 22 months :) I am married to my high school sweetheart...he's my partner in crime!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love wildlife photography, scrapbooking, swimming, exploring the woods with my kids

PETS: A 2 year old boxer, Roxie, a 2 year old chihuahua, Pinky (she's a rescue), 2 cats, & two tanks of fish

WW START DATE: 5/17/08...most recently. I've done WW in the past

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I love the plans and support!

TOP WEIGHT: 286

CURRENT WEIGHT: 286

HEIGHT: 5' 7"

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Orleans, LA

FAVORITE COLOR: red

PET PEEVE: when people leave their blinkers on when they drive

FAVORITE FOODS: all the stuff I can't have now lol

FAVORITE BOOK(S): romance novels if I get the chance to sit and read

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Comedy and Romance....fav movie is Tombstone though!

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Three Days Grace and Metallica :)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: living in Louisiana lol need I say more?

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I actually want to see my old self....the other times I have dieted I didn't really do it for me.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I take things as they come, I believe in karma, and I have a great sense of humor!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: None right now

noussa 06-17-2008 06:35 AM

DATE: 6/17/08

USERNAME: Noussa

BIRTHDAY: January 28

MARITAL STATUS: married 6.5 yrs

FAMILY INFO: Married to a wonderful and supportive man. We share 2 beautiful children... a little girl, almost 2 and a little boy, almost 3
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: photography, jewelry making, spending time with my kids

PETS: Had a white persian cat who was deaf and going blind in one eye and still thought that she was God's gift to the world! Unfortunately, she disappeared the first week we moved to Saudi...it's been about 6 months, not sure we'll ever see her again :(

WW START DATE: 5/19/08...most recently. I've done WW in the past

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: It seems like the only thing that really works, apart from anything drastic out there.

TOP WEIGHT: 293

CURRENT WEIGHT: 283

GOAL WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

FAVORITE COLOR: blue

PET PEEVE: Don't get annoyed that easily, but I do get annoyed by people who lie and I also can't handle arrogance.

FAVORITE FOODS: Chinese and Sushi! I also like kid foods like nuggets, mac n cheese and peanut butter n jelly!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking and swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): not a big reader... no time

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):Romantic Comedies and Docu-Dramas. I also appreciate a good Thriller.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I love all music

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:Finding the time to plan and then having enough energy to stay focussed on the plan once I have one! :)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realised that I don't have any pictures of me with my kids. My weight has robbed them (and me) of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was born in Canada to Egyptian Parents. I lived in Toronto my whole life until 06... in 06I moved to Chicago and now I live all the way in Saudi Arabia!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I just know that fad diets don't work in the long run... I think that WW is the safest (and sanest) method out there!

sloanie 06-20-2008 11:03 AM

DATE: 06/20/2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sloanie/Sloan

BIRTHDAY: September 25, 1958

MARITAL STATUS: Married to high school sweetheart. DH is Vance

FAMILY INFO: Two children: Kendal age 21 student at East Tennessee State University on Vocal Scholarship (sings opera). She is also a licensed cosmetologist. Eric age 18 student at local community college majoring in graphic design in which he is quite talented.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: knitting socks, reading

PETS: one gigantic, solid black german shepherd named Baron

WW START DATE: not sure, at least 25 years ago. Became a lifetime member.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: good, balanced program

TOP WEIGHT: 160

CURRENT WEIGHT: 140

GOAL WEIGHT: 124

EYE COLOR: blue/grey

HAIR COLOR: Who knows? Dark blond with some grey. Highlighted thanks to DD who is a licensed cosmetologist

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: 20 miles north of Nashville, Tennessee

FAVORITE COLOR: Yellow

PET PEEVE: the mispronunciation of the word Nuclear;ie, the way G. W. Bush pronounces it.

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza, chocolate, steak

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking with friends

FAVORITE BOOK(S): no one single fav. Favorite genre is historical fiction.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The American President

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I don't have a fav. Listen mostly to Oldies Rock

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I don't exercise regularly

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Getting support from the chicks on the Core Board

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to laugh. Most people think I am younger than 49. I think it is because I am happy go lucky and really don't act my age. I believe "silly" keeps you young.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I got to goal using WW. It is a sound program, but if you don't make it a lifestyle, you will probably gain your weight back.

beach bum 06-20-2008 01:33 PM

DATE:6/20/08

USERNAME :Beach Bum

BIRTHDAY:6/22/40

MARITAL STATUS:Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):Have a DS & DD with 4 DGC. DH & I live alone.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Knitting & cooking

PETS:None

WW START DATE:4/17/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW:Was a WW member years ago

TOP WEIGHT:172

CURRENT WEIGHT:164

GOAL WEIGHT:140

HEIGHT:5'0"

EYE COLOR:Hazel brown

HAIR COLOR:White

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:North east

FAVORITE COLOR:green

PET PEEVE: nasty people

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza & Italian foods

FAVORITE BOOK(S): thriller,mystery and supernatural

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): old classic like TMC shows

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Classical music

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portions

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:don't have to weigh & measure on the core.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? No

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: none

JerseyJanaB82 06-26-2008 01:49 PM

DATE: June 26, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JerseyJanaB82 Jana

BIRTHDAY: Feb. 7

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): DBF, Mom, and Dad are all WWers!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Mixed Martial Arts, Travel, Cooking

PETS: none =( I want a Pug real bad...

WW START DATE: January 6, 2007

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Other people's success with the program

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 151

GOAL WEIGHT: 155

HEIGHT: 5'6

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northwest New Jersey

FAVORITE COLOR: Tiffany Blue

PET PEEVE: Bad drivers

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian and Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Mixed Martial Arts

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Confessions of a Shopoholic, Kitchen Confidential

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Kenny Chesney, Jimmy Buffett

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Salty Snacks

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I was in the right state of mind when I started to make it stick.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I hit Lifetime on Memorial Day Weekend 2008 and am working towards becoming a WW leader. (I hit my goal with Flex and I'm really working to teach myself core and finding out I like it a lot!)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: You have to do this for you. If you work the plan it will work for you. Planning and being organized is the key to doing well with core.

weeblesmama 07-02-2008 11:37 AM

DATE: 7/2/2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: weeblesmama/ Caroline

BIRTHDAY: Dec. 29, 1984

MARITAL STATUS: LTR

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live with my boyfriend of almost 3 years and our two kitties, Weebles and Bella :) I love them all!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Hiking, backpacking, cooking, yoga, reading, shopping, decorating my house...

PETS: 2 kitties, Weebles and Bella

WW START DATE: 6/19/2008

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: It WORKS! I have done it before and successfully lost weight and I want to use it to get rid of these extra 30 lbs...

TOP WEIGHT: 190 (3 years ago...)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 154

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: hazely

HAIR COLOR: Brunette/Redheadish

OCCUPATION: Student (getting my masters in middle and secondary education)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Eugene, OR

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple :D

PET PEEVE: Crumbs on the counter, sugar on the floor, and passive aggressive people

FAVORITE FOODS: Fruit of all kinds, pickles (especially spicy ones), salmon, tuna, carrot cake :^:

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Right now I'm really digging the eliptical trainer but I also do enjoy running on trails and speed walking or swimming... I also practice yoga

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Clueless (classic!!!), Gandhi, The Big Lebowski

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Daft Punk, Amy Winehouse, The Grateful Dead, Bob Marley

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I sometimes get a crazy sweet tooth or go on what I call a "fooder"... when I eat ANYTHING that gets in my way!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I know how to recognize when the "fooder" is coming on and to eat a little healthy snack to avoid it

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm really friendly! PM me if you want someone to chat with about ANYTHING!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Hmmm... well, as a student-teacher, full time student, tech support worker and domestic equivalent (as well as daughter, friend, etc.) I bring a bunch of different experiences to the table! Also, I'm gluten and wheat intolerant so that is special....I'm happy to be here!

amybmid 07-02-2008 05:54 PM

New to Core and the Core Board!

Hi everyone! I'm on my second go-round with Weight Watchers. Last time I did flex, but it didn't work out so well, so I'm going with Core. I'm still learning and a bit overwhelmed, but I love this BOARD!

DATE: 7/2/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: amybmid/Amy

BIRTHDAY: 8/21/1981

MARITAL STATUS: Married (semi-newlywed!)

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Husband, 1 step-daughter, 2 furry children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: love music, cooking, travel, and sleep (which I don't get enough of)

PETS: 2 - a jack russell named moose, and a beagle-bassett named Molly

WW START DATE: 6/28/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: it works if you stick to it. it's easier to make it a lifestyle than any other program

TOP WEIGHT: do i have to post? 394

CURRENT WEIGHT: i don't know, my first results weigh-in is this Saturday

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-150

HEIGHT: 5-5"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brownish Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tennessee

FAVORITE COLOR: Green and Orange

PET PEEVE: people that mix your and you're, and people who drive too slow in the fast lane

FAVORITE FOODS: potatoes, anything asian, Mexican food..

FAVORITE EXERCISE: i really love the elyptical

FAVORITE BOOK(S): She's Come Undone, Bridget Jones

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Notting Hill, Bridget Jones, anything with Simon Pegg

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Counting Crows

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: sticking to it, willpower

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i'm doing it with friends, and i have a bigger goal in mind (being healthy enough to get pregnant)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? not that I can think of offhand

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: None yet, but I'm excited to start this (long) journey

Slimmin Patty 08-14-2008 07:00 PM

DATE: 8/14/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Slimmin Patty / Patty

BIRTHDAY: Feb. 3

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 daughters ages 9 & 14, 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs (my daughters are in 4-H and show the rabbits & guinea pigs)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: riding ATV, archery, trying to learn how to quilt

PETS: springer spaniel - Taunna, rabbits - Brownie & Cookie, and Guinea pigs - Starica & Oreo

WW START DATE: 8/18/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Currently using South Beach and have had very good luck. Work is starting a WW at work so I'm going to sign up. I do want to use Core because it appears to be very similiar to South Beach.

TOP WEIGHT: 208

CURRENT WEIGHT: 197

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Shepherd, MT (close to Billings)

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

PET PEEVE: hyprocrites

FAVORITE FOODS: mexican & chinese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking & swimming (don't have much time for swimming)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): haven't read any leasure books - last book I read was South Beach Super Charges (I have no life!!)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): 2nd Hand Lion

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: don't really have one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying dedicated

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have more information because I have been reading about South Beach and have learned that one of my problems in the past is that I haven't spent enough time learning about foods and habits to lose weight.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I deal with stress by finding something to laugh about.

sammi861 08-17-2008 08:38 PM

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Samantha

BIRTHDAY: October 15, 1986

MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: working out, watching & playing sports, relaxing, reading, hanging out w/ friends, cooking

PETS: none

WW START DATE: May 9th I think?

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I gained close to 40 pounds after being put on Prednisone for 6 months and decided I needed to do something. I heard a lot of positive things about ww so I decided to go on it w/ my mom.

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 190

GOAL WEIGHT: 130 would be amazing, but I have a lot of muscle... I wouldn't complain if I got to 150 :)

HEIGHT: 5'6

HAIR COLOR: brown

OCCUPATION: student and aspiring clinical exercise physiologist (just got into grad school for next fall! :) all the more reason to drop this weight

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Illinois/Michigan

FAVORITE COLOR: PINK!

PET PEEVE: Rude and fake people.. just be real!

FAVORITE FOODS: pepperoni pizza (thank goodness for lean cuisine!)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: elliptical and turbo jam

FAVORITE BOOK(S): anything dealing with cardiology and arrhythmias

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): bourne ultimatum, dodgeball, the notebook,

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Daughtry

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: plateaus. I seem to be getting on them more lately

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The other diets i have tried failed bc they weren't teaching me lifestyle changes or how to be healthy. ww is a lifestyle change.

JustBarbi 09-12-2008 01:03 PM

DATE: 9~12`08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JustBarbi~Barbi
BIRTHDAY:11~12~1971

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Ive been married for 15 years and have 3 daughters ages 13,10 & 3

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My work in my hobby. Im a nail tech and I enjoy seeing all the new things that are out there.

PETS: 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bird and 2 gerbils...

WW START DATE: 9~9~08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Ive seen the resutls on so many others..

TOP WEIGHT: 275

CURRENT WEIGHT: 271

GOAL WEIGHT: 171 right now.

HEIGHT: 5~7

HAIR COLOR: on what day? Today it is an auburn red..

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arizona

FAVORITE COLOR:Ahhh every color is my favorite! Color is incredible!

PET PEEVE:

FAVORITE FOODS: My all time faorite thing to eat is... ok dont gross out... Popcorn popped in oil, with salt and butter, and then put into a bowl of milk! Stange but yummy! Italian is high on the list also.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: :( i dont know.. its been so long. and i HATE to sweat... help me!!!!!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Lord of the Rings. Am going to start rereading them again!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): LOTR, Harry Potter.... the movie list goes on and on but ill stop there.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Michael John Poirier (christian) Red Hot Chili Pepers I know an odd mix, im a walking contradiction.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Having to feed children and husband and having their snacks in the house...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I just feel different. im making attempts to reach outside my comfort zone, like joining this board for instance.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? im a bit out there but harmless really!

DanSinDeva 10-01-2008 03:22 PM

Hi! Here is my COREporate profile!

DATE: October 1, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: DanSinDeva/Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: 08/10/1979

MARITAL STATUS: Going Steady!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I'm the middle child of 5. I have a twin brother who is the exact opposite of me. All of us get along great, and usually do everything together.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dancing(DanSin), Disc Golf, Pool, Darts, Poker, Wii!

PETS: Dublin, he's a mini Dachshund, and he's only 4 months right now!

WW START DATE: My first weigh in was Sept. 19th, I started eating core on Monday, the 15th.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: My boyfriend has been doing it, and has lost 35+lbs since May. I sort of already ate this way anyway, but didn't really watch my carbs, and screwed myself up a lot of times with Beer, and TAKE OUT! Pizza is my fav! lol

TOP WEIGHT: 154.8

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153.2

GOAL WEIGHT: 125, My first goal is 10% body weight by Dec. 19th. That puts me at 139. I'm flying to Denver to see my sister for Christmas. WOOWHO!

HEIGHT: 5'6"-5'7" (i 5, 6 and a half, hahaha)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Scottsdale, AZ

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

PET PEEVE: Whiners that never do anything to change their situation, but can complain all day.

FAVORITE FOODS: Sushi, Mexican, ShellFish, Salad

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Hmm, toughy! I love dancing and aerobics! FitTv is so inspiring. My Fav. is where the 2 trainers come to your house and turn your home into a gym without using trainging equipment! I find my self grabbing cans and using them for lifting or just keeping my arms extended!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Wicked (or any by this autor) & A Brave New World

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Confidence, Fight Club, American Beauty, Momento, Finding Nemo, Layer Cake, Football Factory

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Weezer, The Prodigy, Lisa Lashes, DJ Tiesto, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Social Distortion

Sticking to my plan. I eat soo good and then destruct once and its all over. Making excuses is probably the downfall! I love this site though, I've been staring at it for the last 2 weeks and have decided to jump in on the boards. It's all very inspiring, and I've been sending this site to everyone!

The support from my boyfriend, and the fact that I'm done being over weight, its way to unhealthy and I'm getting older and need to take better care of myself.

Not that I can think of, but if you want to know you can ask, I'm a super friendly cyber friend. haha!

I'm not sure, I'm really good at cooking, and mixing things up. I'll be posting a couple of recipes that I made on my own before doing core, just trying to eat healthy, but in actuality, they are core! I was studying to be a nutrionist, and had a dietitian for a teacher. She was awesome, I think I lost like 10 lbs that semester because she had us trying all types of veggies. I know now that I LOVE Spaghetti Squash, and don't ever really have to eat a steak, as Portabello's are just as delish! My boyfriend has me eating Flank steak, and although its a lil tough, its delish.

Anywho, Thanks for reading! Good luck to you all!

coreysmom 11-10-2008 12:03 PM

DATE: Nov. 10, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Coreysmom/Betsy

BIRTHDAY: 3-3-51

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have one child - a 20 year old son; and one wonderful husband! :)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: gardening, writing poetry

PETS: Golden Retriever named Rusty; also love cats but our most recent cat died a couple of months ago so we're taking a break for awhle...

WW START DATE: Have started and stopped a number of times for many years. Plan to start the Core program again on November 17th

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: It's worked for me in the past.

TOP WEIGHT: 268

CURRENT WEIGHT: 255

HEIGHT: 5'8-1/2"

HAIR COLOR: blonde, with a bit of gray

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Illinois, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: blue

PET PEEVE: that geography doesn't seem to be taught anymore in schools

FAVORITE FOODS: potato salad, italian salami, ice cream (all very, very bad!)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking the dog

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Lord of the Rings trilogy, and many others, will fill in later

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): have to think about that for a bit - there are many

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: again, many over the years. Have to think.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: cravings, sticking with it

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: not sure

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I lost close to 30 lbs on mostly Core/some Flex about 2 years ago. I have gradually gained back half of that loss since then. I find that Core is very workable and fairly easy to follow. I know it's healthy and probably the best plan for me in the long run. I just have to get back to doing it and stick with it this time to get to goal!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I think the above pretty much covers it

Joslynn 11-24-2008 06:29 PM

DATE: 11/24/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Joslynn

BIRTHDAY: 7/12

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a 12-year-old son and a wonderful male.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Learning Italian, playing bass guitar, recording music (for fun only), singing, anything regarding World War II.

PETS: An orange male tabby named Yossarian Eugene.

WW START DATE: October I started with FLEX, but moved to Core and am doing much better on that.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Thought I'd take a chance since other diets or ways of living haven't worked for me.

TOP WEIGHT: 211.6

CURRENT WEIGHT: 209.6

GOAL WEIGHT: Currently it's 183, but the true goal is 150.

EYE COLOR: Dark brown.

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Iowa City, Iowa

FAVORITE COLOR: Cobalt

PET PEEVE: Liars/lying and hypocrites.

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Turbo, Cardio, & Ab jam with Chalene Johnson.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice; The Biggest Brother: The Life of Major Dick Winters, The Man Who Led the Band of Brothers - Larry Alexander; The Battered *******s of Bastogne: The 101st Airborne and the Battle of the Bulge, December 19,1944-January 17,1945 - George Koskimaki.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): A Room With A View; The Wall; Election.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I have several, but will only name a few. The Cure, Siouxsie Sioux; The Creatures; Front Line Assembly

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Seeing food as a pleasure instead of a necessity.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I see core as not a diet, but a way of eating and something I am capable of sticking to. The food is good and I am still able to have little treats as well.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm sure I'll think of something once I post this. ;-)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have none.

Lucky2 12-01-2008 12:43 AM

I joined today as I need a jump start back on my diet. I love WW and my long term goal is to work for them when I retire.

DATE: 11/30/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Lucky2

BIRTHDAY: September 10, 1955

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 1 Daughter, 3 cats

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My daily walk, sewing and attempting to knit

PETS: Princess, Joshie and Mariano

WW START DATE: 2/5/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Tried it before and it works...this time I'm going all the way to become a life time member.

TOP WEIGHT: 185

CURRENT WEIGHT: 157

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5 ft 4 in

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Seattle

FAVORITE COLOR: Yellow Purple

PET PEEVE: People who interrupt a conversation

FAVORITE FOODS: Yams, chicken enchlidas, chicken piccata

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Harpo Speaks by Harpo Marx

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Harvey, Brigadoon

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Beatles

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on the plan

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My will to suceed and I'm too old to try to start this again

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My heart is open

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Will have to think about it.