Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #211  

A big hug to all of you ... I so enjoy reading the posts! It really does help me to keep focused! So thanks everybody!

I'll add my welcome to those of the others, Wribben. Good luck to you and to Lisa for your WI's tomorrow.

Kierie, I'll send you those exercises tonight. Monday is my TV night ... I watch 24 and CSI Miami ... so I didn't get on-line all night. Froufie, I didn't do the exercises yesterday or today so you at least did them yesterday. All I have at home are 1-pound weights so I feel pretty stupid exercising with those. I've got to get a set of 3 and 5-pound weights, I think. What size are you using?

Vickie, Froufie, and Kierie ... thanks for the encouragement about my job. I'm trying to keep things in perspective right now since "deactivation" is not final YET ... it's pending Congressional approval. I relieved my feelings somewhat today by writing a scathing letter to the director of my agency ... it felt good to say what I really thought. It won't help one iota in the general scheme of things but it still felt good! I sure wish they would offer buyouts for us, Vickie, but I wouldn't qualify since I've only got 19 years of law enforcement service and 21 years of total government service. I need at least 20 years of law enforcement service to qualify for law enforcement retirement. And wow, Vickie! I can well imagine that your dad would have been (and is, since I'm sure he watches over you every day!) very proud of you for the career you had ... that's outstanding that you made it all to the way to a GM-15! What an accomplishment!

I'm off to check out the recipes. All this talk about the smothered chicken and barley has made me hungry! And thanks Angela, for pulling all those recipes together and organizing them.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Welcome Wribben. I'm a Wed. Weigh-in also. This is my first week on Core, and I'm really liking it. You'll like it here, everyone is awesome.

Deborah- I looooove 24! Hubby and I have been watching since season 2. If I were a man, I'd want to be Jack Bauer.

-Spring
Old 02-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #213  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

My 18 yr old ds is also a HUGE 24 fan - glued to the tv every Monday night - and I hear gasps and screaming everyone once in a while - too funny. Tonight he is avidly watching the final of the Great Race!!

Deborah - my weights are 3 lbs - I have some heavier ones somewhere deep in my walk-in closet - but it's too scary in there....will probably buy heavier ones once I become a weight lifting champion!

Came home today very tired and cranky - just overwhelmed w/what I had to do when I got home - not a good sign. Dh was quite helpful - told me to ignore the mess and he would handle it in the am - when I got to the kitchen I saw my beautiful RED VALENTINE ROSES in a vase - so pretty! Now I can enjoy them for a few days! This brightened me up a bit.

But my subsequent eating has been way off: had a snack of fresh salsa and some tortilla chips - then not hungry but had to drive dd to dance class anyways. Got a few things at the store - then had a coffee at Tim Horton's (while waiting) and a special k cereal bar I had in my bag (emergency stock!). Got home had about 1/2 c of cottage cheese (bought these mini cups of lf cottage mixed w/fruit - very yummy!) that is the sum total of my dinner - how weird is that??

The MOST AMAZING NEWS OF ALL - is I actually got on my treadmill!!! Can you believe it???? Was watching a bit of American idol w/ds and thought why just sit when I can walk and watch - so went upstairs to bedroom, donned my spiffy runners and did 30 mins on the treadmill (at 3.3 mph did about 1.5 miles, at 2% incline, and it says I burnt around 210 calories). Okay I was sweating like a and my heart rate was at the upper end but still okay - boy am I out of shape!!! Need to drink some more water now....did a few stretches afterward but I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow!

Vickie - while I am not familiar w/us govt job classifications it sure look like a GS 2 to a GS 15 is a mighty big leap - congrats to you. I still await a job description and classificaiton for my new position...but looks like my title will be SPECIAL ADVISOR - isn't that cool? (time to get some new business cards made up! )

Now dh has also made a reservation for dinner for valentine's for sat nite - this is a very nice french bistro - small intimate w/excellent food. I am feeling a bit guilty about going out tho....firstly the table d'hote is about $55 per person (have to call and find out what they are serving - dh can't remember ) altho one can order from the regular menu. W/dh being unemployed (altho expecting a gov contract any second now) I feel we shouldn't be spending the $$?? Then of course there's my eating plan - I'm sure I can get some modifications to the meal - but will I be strong? or will temptation take over and make me eat stuff I shouldn"t?? Anyone else going out for Valentine's or expecting chocolates? Would love to hear your strategies for dealing with this chocolate filled holiday!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 02-08-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #214  

Spring, Jack never has a dull moment, does he? And don't you just love Keifer Sutherland's nose? I think it is so sexy! And wasn't it good to see them add Tony back to the cast?

Froufie, you exercise monster you!! Sounds like you had a great workout! And I am pleasantly surprised at these nice gestures from DH ... flowers and reservations for an intimate Valentine's Day dinner are just what you deserve so don't even think about not accepting these loving gestures he's making. There's hope for him yet! And don't fret too much about your unusual eating pattern tonight ... but if it will make you feel better, take this ... and this no more tortilla chips for you tonight, young lady! But as Scarlet O'Hara would say, "Tomorrow is another day."

I'm dragging these old bones off to bed. Feeling a little sniffly tonight and it's supposed to be warm and rainy all day tomorrow. I'm sending lots of light scale wishes for all the Wednesday weighers!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #215  

WOW, thank you everyone for all of the warm welcome!!! I have other board that I visit/post and never have I recieved such a friendly feeling. thank you again I think perhaps I have just found a HOME, as I have been searching for a place to be for a while. I am so looking forward to getting to know everyone and post. .... I weight in in the morning and I can't believe, that since I have been on the core plan that I am so excited about stepping on those scales... a dreaded experience before... Doing core, I am hardly ever hungry and I do not miss any of the sugar monsters at all like I have in the past on other diets.... I am also a insulin dependent diabetic, for over half on my life now, (I am 47yrs.) this past month I have had better blood sugar reading than I ever had. I decided that this year I was going to turn over a new leaf and take care of ME... so far its working. I'm happier, my DH is happier, and the world seems to be a brighter place to be in.... oh by the way my name is "Jan" but please feel free to call me "Wriben" a nickname...this is what I am use to. well I need to sign off now but I will be back tomorrow with my weight in reading ....
thanks again ans good night to all
Wriben
Old 02-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #216  
Card Carrying Princess

Suggestion: I have seen on other boards a "bio" thread where everyone completes information/anecdotes about oneself and was wondering if everyone here would be interested in starting one as well?

I am noticing that when we have a new member we always need to "re-introduce" ourselves (not that we don't like talking about ourselves! ), but it might be fun to have a permanent "home" where we can post all our cute idiosyncracies and vital stats.

If interested I can find a "prototype" and start the Coreporate introductions thread!

Let me know what you think!

....and OUCH that hurt Deborah - I have been a bad Frouf and promise no more tortilla chips will pass these lips (for a while anyways!).

nitey nite

frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 02-08-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Good morning!

Good luck Spring and Wribben with your WI. I weighed myself this morning and I was the same as last week, but yesterday, I was down a pound., so I am waiting to WI tomorrow night. That is the last meeting of the week. Going to be really good today and drink lots of water. Had some salty soup last night.

Froufy, a bio thread sounds good. Was thinking of starting a new Core thread cause this one is getting pretty long, but I couldn't think up a good name.

I really need to get back OP this week. Got to starting tracking again. Slacked off for some reason and I know it will show on the scale tomorrow.Bought some of that crystal light to go. I only use 1/2 packet though, but it's a nice change.

Check back later.
Lisa

one for every 5lb. loss
Old 02-09-2005, 08:52 AM   #218  
Card Carrying Princess

Please come join us on the new board - core figure 8!

Froufie
Closed Thread