Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #1  

Thumbs up 10 Top Foods-Fight Fat Feel Full (ffff)

Just read an article about foods that Fight the Fat and leave a feeling of fullness:

Sharing:

1. Spinach - Raw Spinach contains bulk. Jammed with iron, folate, calcium and Vit A B C E - fantastic for pregnant women

2. Grapefruit - Fibre Content, fewer calories than an orange. Phytochemicals and soluble fibre in citrus fruits lowers cholesterol!

3. Apples - ture to keep the Dr Away and the Fat. Takes time to Chew and fills you up.....high in flavonoids--decreases chances of having a stroke.

4. Celery - Takes lots of calories to chew and digest celery. High in V E and C...again high in phytochemicals

5. Black Beans - Protein packed beans low in fat and high in soluble fibre, digest slowly and keep blood sugar levels steady.....can lower your risk of colon cancer.

6. Jalapenos - pep up your body's ability to burn calories for hours...the Capsaicin found in them boost your metabolism......Will curb your appetite for up to 3 hours

7. Low-Fat Milk - ingest enough calcium and the body breaks down fat more efficiently--for women consuming plenty of calcium rich dairy foods can slash their ovarian cancer risk by 54%

8. Salmon - Omega-3 Fatty acids curbs hunger.....Fat is what makes you feel full (HEALTHY FATS like omega-3, canola oil and olive oil.......blood fats can drop and good cholesterol can rise.

9. Cottage Cheese - Protein, Calcium, V B-12 and zinc and folate....can protect against anemia and cancer

10. Strawberries.....eat all you want and not gain a pound......along wit peaches, plums and grapes come with cancer fighting carotenoids and appetite suppressing fibre.....unlike watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe and papaya that fly through your system and cause your blood sugar to spike.....Eating at least 3 servings of fruit/veggies shrinks the odds of dying from heart disease by 24%

AND THEY ARE ALL CORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

YUM - thanks Frannie - all the stuff we should be enjoying!

Froufie
Old 01-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #3  

Default Anyone else?

Hi guys! I am new to this forum but have been on WW for about 4 months now. I am doing flex but read your tips on filling foods and can use all the help I can get. I don't know why but apples make me hungry. I have always heard they suppose to help with appetite but they do the opposite to me. After I eat one (especially the green ones which I love I am starving!) It kind of feels like acid (which feels like hunger) anyway just wondering if anyone else has this problem.......
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Christina! I don't eat regular apples, but eat applesauce quite frequently. I don't know the answer to your question but maybe someone else does.

I like that list of foods, except for the salmon. And I love salmon but my family doesn't, which means if I eat it, I have to do it at work -- and thus I have to heat it in the microwave which elicits mucho complaints from coworkers. Geezo, guys, can't you lighten up? Just spray a little Glade if the fish stinks up the place!!!

So tomorrow I'm taking some chili that I made the other day, and adding jalapenos to it. If I have time in the morning, maybe I'll stop at the store for a big ol' grapefruit too!
Closed Thread