Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:49 AM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Core(ner) Store Support Board #6

Here we are - a brand new thread - post away to your heart's content!

Froufie
Old 01-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

That's a cute title!!

So is everybody drinking their water today? Bottoms up!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks for reminding me - just refilled water bottle - 24 oz down already - another 18 oz to finish!

So doing some "experimenting on the "comfort zone" eating thing. Brought lunch today (roast chicken, 6 brussel sprouts and medium baked sweet potato)...was not that hungry at lunch (around 12:20 pm) ate all the brussel sprouts - had a few bites of the chicken - and started getting a bit grossed out - tasted greasy to me - the sweet potato was yummy - ate most of it. Left about 1/2 potato and a lot of chicken and dumped it out.

So now it's about one hour later and I"m feeling hungry now - having lots of red grapes and more water - but I know I will need more protein to get thru the day??? I might have to go get some "real" cheese downstairs (store) or maybe have the oatmeal I did not have for breakfast??

I think I am feeling very down due to TOM and family issues with me and dh ...so my eating is kinda off - hopefully no emotional eating tho.

I know that there will be birthday cake this afternoon here at work - but I'm pretty sure I can pass on that!

Wish me luck!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-24-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

Talking

I know what I forgot to mention:

I EXERCISED!!!! YESTERDAY - I ACTUALLY DID IT! ARE YOU AMAZED??

I am - I am the laziest froufie around. Got that activity points counter thing and booklet at sat's meeting and it looks like I'm supposed to earn 2 activity points per day (and yes I can EAT them if I want to!)....so being efficient I of course quickly figured out that the fastest way for me to get the 2 points is to do something highly intense (jumping jacks? skipping?) for 10 minutes and be done with it...ha ha ha.

Of course I'm not that energetic so I put on the WW dvd we got - 32 minutes of light intensity - altho I am counting it as medium as I am severly out of shape and I did add a bit of "punch" to the routine!

Wondering if I can keep up this amazing momentum!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-24-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #5  

Hi all:

I hope it's okay to introduce myself here. I'm starting my third week of WW and I really like it so far. I tried counting points, though, the first week and was so headaching, stomach-gurgling miserable that I switched to Core. I lost five pounds the first week on points, but I know I wouldn't be able to stick it out long-term. I hope the Core plan works out--I gained a pound back, but the woman who did my weigh-in didn't seem too alarmed about it. I feel so much better, though. I had enough energy last week and today to get back out and walk in the mornings, which is my main activity, so that should help.

One thing I'm finding interesting is how different Core feels from South Beach, which I also did for a while recently. Just having the freedom to add in a few more good carbs makes it bearable, I guess. I do know that I went to a birthday party with my kids this weekend and sat for 3 hours next to a table covered with chips, nibbles and corndogs, not to mention cake, and all I had to eat was a couple of cheese cubes and a handful of baby carrots. Something must be working!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, cher!! And woohoo, congrats on that BD party incident! In the olden days, it could have been a real disaster, huh? I know it would have been for me.

Frou, woohoo to you too on that exercise! You GO! I hope everything is okay with you and your DH. That kind of stuff worries me to hear about other people; I guess because I also go thru the same sort of things with mine.

I just ate my lunch and now feel a little icky. I could only find one little packet of ketchup here and that extra lean HB meat is SOOOOO dry without something, even though I put Worcestershire sauce on it when I cooked it. I choked it all down though, and will eat my banana in a little while. Couldn't take the tomato slices though so I'll save them and add to a salad tomorrow.

I sure am wanting to stop on the way home and buy some beer. I wonder if I'm PMS'ing! Had a hysterectomy 18 years ago so I really doubt that's it, but maybe it's some sort of equivalent. Anyway, I'm craving it and will have to get really tough on myself not to stop. I'll report back later ... or wait, maybe I won't! If I give in to my temptation, you think I'm gonna tell you guys? Um, don't think so!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #7  

Froufie, I just wanted to say ... and I think someone also mentioned it the other day ... that your posts are such fun to read because of your creative use of all the various smilies. You really provide a lift to my day! Hope things smooth out with DH but you should be proud of yourself for not succumbing to emotional eating ... I know I would have eaten everything in sight by now. And congratulations on the exercise! The first time is the hardest and before you know it, you'll be a real exercise diva!

Welcome Cher! I'm really very new myself and this is my first "real" day on Core ... a case of so far, so good, I guess.

Kathy, you don't REALLY want any beer ... or if you must have beer ... pour a little vinegar into a glass of cold water ... tastes like the same thing, right? Can you tell I don't like beer?

Heading home now, thank goodness ... enjoy the rest of your afternoon everyone!

Deborah
Old 01-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #8  

Froufie, congrats on the exercise!! My mom and I used to be so good at walking every day, but now with feet of snow, and inches of ice underneath, we don't do it as much. We do have a treadmill, but it's not as fun. Maybe I'll get out the Ready Set Go DVD and give it a try.

Welcome Cher! This is a great place for support and ideas.

I've never tasted beer - so I guess I'm lucky because I can't crave what I don't know about! Is it really like vinegar in water?

Angela
Old 01-24-2005, 03:44 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

Exclamation

Thanks to all for the exercise encouragement - boy if anyone needs it I do!! Tonight is a busy night (helping dd study for history test tomorrow, driving oldest ds to school to pick up something he forgot FOR TOMORROW'S EXAM!?!, and taking dd to tap dance at 8:30 and then picking her up an hour later) - not sure when and how I will squeeze in my two activity points, but I sure will try (dh out tonight jamming so I'm the parent-in-charge ).

Glad everyone is enjoying my attempts at creativity - that's the "marketing specialization" part of my MBA at work! I'm having fun doing it and glad everyone else is too!

Happy to report I passed on the AMARETTO CHEESECAKE birthday cake this pm at work - now sipping my green tea.

A BIG WELCOME to Cher and congrats on bypassing those "bad carbs". I also find it so amazing when these things "don't call my name" like they used to. I am also starting week 3 on Core and loving it so far!

A bit hungry now - maybe a banana before I head home?

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-24-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #10  

Thanks for the welcome. So far this week my biggest problem has been that my kids are eating all my cous-cous. I think they just like to say "cous-cous."
Old 01-24-2005, 06:27 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Froufie, tell DH that life is too short. I really hope you guys work things out. I lost my fiance many, many years ago and never had a chance to say goodbye. I always swore that if I ever got another chance at happiness (I did!) I'd never go to bed mad and I haven't. Sometimes I gotta eat a little crow and give a little but I do it. Don't need to know the details, I just like what I know of you and hope that your world rights itself soon! Congrats on the comfort zone and not eating foods that didn't taste good. I'm not very good at that. Wow! Comfort zone success and EXCERCISE TOO!! Woo Hoo!
Old 01-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Cher, Welcome! This is a great board and you are gonna love Core and us! Hope you post often. I too tried South Beach and feel Core is a much better life plan!

Kathy, my Sister says she still gets hormonal even after her hysterectomy. She still craves chocolate and gets munchies. I can't think of a good subsitute for the beer. Wish I could think of something! I don't like beer either. Hubby loves it. What's funny is that I like the smell of it and I even like the smell of it on his breath. I just taste it and gag! He was offended when I told him that it tastes a little bit like raw pizza dough with Alka Seltzer! That's my best description. Oh and by the way, after I told him that I told him that Alka Seltzer makes me throw up. LOL. He doesn't offer it to me anymore. I'm more of a Long Island Iced Tea Girl.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Everyone,

Remember me, I am the lady who went on vacation on January 12th to get a "Grandma" fix. Well it worked! I am ready to go home tomorrow and, in fact, look forward to the warm weather in Phoenix. As far as my diet is concerned, I need to start fresh. Being on vacation is not easy especially when you are not in charge of the food. Also, PA and OH have been hit by the snow especially this weekend and one day we didn't even get out of the house. But I firmly believe I am ready to get back on track and stay there until I get back to my goal weight.

Thanks for being there--all of you!

Nita
Old 01-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nita, we're here and ready to help as soon as you get home!
Old 01-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #15  
Closed

Thanks Frouie to starting the new board....and CONGRATS on the exercise....way to go. Everyday I say I am going to and I don't.....and on the other board you mentioned you were down 2.2 very very cool!!! I too hope things go well with your husband. Life is so short, too short On a brighter note.. keep up your good work....and don't let the emotional eating get to you.....like I do....it's not worth it.....
learn from my mistakes :-)
WELCOME Cher and great going on your first week weigh in...stick with us, we are a great bunch of 'friend's if I must say so myself. Such a supportive group and always there for you. I have learned from this group that they'll never let you give up on yourself even if you want to.....they're great!! Come back often, you will learn so much here.
So Kathy did you make the pit stop....(I won't tell anyone :-) I had to FIGHT the urge to stop on the way home for something sweet......don't ya just hate that. Well I didn't but I wasn't all that good this evening......ughhhh!! Couldn't help it.....I'll be kicking myself in the butt come Saturday I know it.....I cannot afford another 1 lb or .5 for that matter. At the end of the month those little suckers add up.
What is with these cravings??? Why can't I crave barley or something, NO it has to be sweet!! I lost that battle this evening, when I went for the saltly crunch thing, tortillas...again.....but needless to say I have all my CORE things ready for tomorrow again......
Sooner or later it's going to sink in that I can't play around anymore... The size 10's fit too good now.....when a few weeks ago they were loose...What will it take, what will it take???????????
Well I am going to journal the rest of my day for tomorrow and go OD on some Law and Order....I can watch those a zillion times over and never get bored.......
Well you all have a great evening.......till tomorrow.....Linda
Closed Thread