Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #106  

congrats vickie and kathy! whoohoo bring out the bands......25 lbs and counting. WOW

my weigh in resulted in staying the same......TOM, craved salts, glad that it stayed the same!!

Deborah, i have a LifeGear HealthAthon DT machine, it has arms or I can just use the handlebars.....my choice, depends on the day. I ordered it through Sears Canada......not sure what they have there for you. I love this one. One thing I had to be aware of is they all are different sizes, so I opted for a narrower one.

Exercise is a key to weight loss. 3 x's a week for at least 30 minutes is usually the recommendation. I walk every day for 30 minutes except Thursdays, and sometimes, on weekends I try and walk 2 different times. I have a pedometer that usually reads 12000 by the end of the day, at least that anyway. I received the DVD from weight watchers.....the easy 30 minute workout so I am going to try and incorporate that in on mondays and wednesdays......i also have a pilate one to look at too. In April, when my dear hubby goes back on shift, i will join Curves. I can stop on my way home from work to work out on their machines......great for strengthing and by then I will be ready for that.

Anyway, I am thrilled for you all that reached your 25lb goal.........I hope you celebrated somehow......buy a new book, get a manicure, have a bubble bath, rent a good movie..........
Old 01-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #107  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, I'm glad you had a good weigh in. I hate my TOM. It still hasn't arrived. Hope it's here and gone before my next weigh in! I hadn't thought about treating myself. Hmmmmmm.....thanks, I'll have to ponder that. Maybe I can come up with something good for my 30 pound loss.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:14 PM   #108  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you're job sounds pretty cool and very important. So you must be a pretty smart cookie! I would have loved to have met John Travolta. He's been one of my all time favorites since the 70's. I see EVERY movie he is in and I watch Oprah whenever he is on her show. Ohhhhhh, I'd love to get tickets to an Oprah show when he's on but she only gives them away to special people. Was he as sweet as he seems on TV?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, I watched the WW DVD while I was on my treadmill one day.....hubby thought I was nuts. I wanted to see what it was like and if I could do it. It actually seemed pretty good. I think I need a floor without carpet for the sliding. The woman's voice was actually pleasant. Pretty nice for free....well sorta free anyway.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #110  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Vickie Gets A New Chickie!

CONGRATS VICKIE - Good for you - your patience paid off!

Also sending congrats to:
Vermont Kathy - excellent work - you must feel great
Frannie - yes even staying the same at a difficult time counts for something! WAY TO GO!

And we should think of little "presents" along the way - I am really bad at that. Maybe we can start a thread of ideas? and/or goals? I think it would be nice to have something to look forward to! (besides the weight loss of course! ).

...now what's this about actually DOING exercise - you mean it's not enuf just to watch the video (I like that idea! ). I am so bad at this I will need everyone's help and encouragement to get off my fluffy butt and move!

Preparing for tomorrow's weigh in - guzzling lots of water (altho this is beginning of PMS week!)...and declined the friday "lunch out" with the girls! Yes, they were pretty surprised that I was not going, but I had good reasons of course: a) tomorrow's weigh-in b) brought Core lunch from home and c) less $$ expended.

I'm actually going out for dinner tomorrow night w/friends to celebrate our joint wedding anniversaries - very excited for that!...and FINALLY getting hair done (color/cut)...YIPPEE!

Dh not really talking to me...yet.....so that is quite a bummer - hopefully he'll come round before weekend begins - or it won't be much fun!! At least I'm still on track w/my eating. I don't think I will have wine tomorrow night at dinner - I find when I do - I tend to get a little "relaxed" about what I eat, and no longer pay attention to what I put in my mouth! (and yes I"m a very cheap drunk so I don't drink much anyways! )

We are still freezing here - major cold and not fun being outside for more than 10 second!!! Please send sunshine if you have any to spare!

Froufie
Old 01-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #111  

Height: 5'7"

Exercise is a four letter word!! I know I should be doing it but I just can't make myself. I'm still waiting for my friend to buy my treadmill so I can buy the other thing.

I shouldn't do this, but here's a picture of me and good ol' JT. Disclaimer: I'm chunky in this picture because I had been in a wheelchair for a while. Had a broken leg, the doctor wanted me to take off and stay home to keep it propped, but I couldn't, so we did the next best thing by plunking me in a wheelchair. And yes, he was sooo cool! He just talked and talked to us, and I had the best time. He signed my boot.

Last edited by Katpo; 01-21-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #112  

Kathy, if you look chunky in that picture, I'll take it any day!!! You look wonderful at that size and what beautiful red hair! Many years ago ... before the infiltration of all the gray ... I had hair almost that same color.

Let's do a trade ... I'll take your "chunky" body and your hair. Can we swap?

Deborah
Old 01-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #113  

deborah..........l'oreal has great red hair in a box!! i get mine done all the time.........with highlights of blonde.....it covers the white sooooo well!!

what a time you must of had with j.t. kathy!! what an experience! and holy crap, interesting job! my brother got laid off after 911 with one of the major carriers gone bankrupt.........mechanic and misses it soo much, my father retired from u.s. air as it was called started out as lake central/piedmont...,anyone remember that???

i decided this week to journal everything i eat. will see how long that lasts. i don't generally, but wanted to make it good for the next weigh in and i thinkk this will help me

froufy...not much warmer here.........went for a walk and the ole nostrils froze and the snow crunched with each step but so nice to get out and about.......hope all is well soon with hubby .... do you have a pedometer? walking is the easiest and cheapest exercise!! (the steps to the fridge do not count tho!)

better get supper going.........turkey, a squash of some sort, and a salad.......hubby is bringing himself home kfc........and i wont even be the least tempted.......blah
Old 01-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #114  

Boy, I was telling some wild story in that picture, huh? I can't even remember what I was saying but he was listening good. It might have been when I was telling him how I broke it (fell down the stairs at work -- yeee-ouch!) He really was so nice.

Thanks, Deborah, for saying I wasn't chunky there (but I was, LOL!) -- I don't ever want to see that again! And the hair ... my mom had bright flaming orange/red hair, naturally, before it went white. My son had the prettiest red hair as a child but now it's more of a copper and of course, he hates it. Both my girls have blonde hair but with red undertones and mine ... yep, it's mainly dark blonde/light auburn. In pictures it always looks more red.

Frannie, you'd be surprised how much journaling will help. I still do it but keep everything online. I like it because I can look back and see what I was or wasn't eating at a particular time, like during a loss or gain, then make adjustments. Even though Core says you don't have to count, I think accounting for everything is good.

And I won't even mention that it's 76 here right now. {{{...running and hiding before one of you snowbirds wallops me!}}}
Old 01-21-2005, 04:04 PM   #115  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Froufie! I can tell my TOM is VERY near because I got really misty eyed at all the support. Not just the kudos but the from all the pre-weigh in encouragement.

Kathy, I would KILL to be as chunky as you say you were in this picture. But, I know everything is relative. Right now I can only dream about your start weight! I'm so glad you posted the picture. He even looks like a nice guy. He really seemed like he was listening intently! Funny that redheads never like their hair color. I have strong red highlights in my hair and whenever I color I have to be sure to stay away from the red tones or I flame! My BIL recently asked me what my natural hair color is. Now keep in mind that he has know me all my life and he is a smart a**. He lived 2 doors away from us in the City and married my Sister who is 14 years older than me. I said, "Who knows.....I've been coloring it so long that I don't even know anymore!"
Old 01-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #116  

Kathy,

I noticed on today's menu thread that you were doing Wendie's plan. How long have you been doing it? Is the loss more than CORE? Is it easier than Flex? I am having major food issues and looking for a way to stay on plan to get a jumpstart. Very, very bored with CORE right now.

Thank you!
Torrey
Old 01-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #117  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation

Wow Kathy - you and Johnny both look great in my opinion! How exciting to have him all to yourself for a major chatfest!

..and don't talk about "roots" - finally going to get them done tomorrow - what's coming in is a much different color....and certainly not what I was born with! ha ha ha(and yes I constantlyl remind my children that they are the cause of my PREMATURE gray hair! ).

I can't even remember 76 degrees! how lovely for you (as I prepare to head home in -35 degrees! :sman: ).

oh ya and dh called to say don't expect chicken for supper - meaning he did not get home in time to chuck that baby in the oven - well it's in there now but most certainly won't be ready when a hungry maniacal froufie comes lunging thru the door!

Have to forage around in the freezer - have some of that beef barley cabbage soup put away for just such an event!...or maybe even a veggie omellette might do the trick? He suggested those frozen President's Choice chicken breasts - but I find them so salty and I know that SODIUM would not help for tomorrow morning's weigh-in!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-21-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #118  

I agree, Kathy, you have beautiful hair! I have strawberry blonde myself, but both my sisters are redheads. I always wanted a little red-haired daughter, but right now I have three blondies. S'okay though. : )

Froufie, you are such a creative user of those little icons guys. I love reading your posts!

You gals are great, have I said that before? I had a sick day earlier this week, where I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted, and do you know what I was actually craving? Malt o meal with a little Splenda and skim milk!

I enjoyed seeing Katpo so much, I'm (trying to) attach a pic of me and my two older girls. I've got a funny expression on my face, but oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angela & girls.JPG (30.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #119  

Oh what a great picture! Those are some cuties you have there!! And you look fabulous!

Torrey, I've been doing it for about a week. Like I said in the other post, it keeps my body guessing, but it also keeps me from being bored. If I have a low eating day, I can at least look forward to the next day which will usually be higher! I'm trying to incorporate mostly Core foods into it but I have to either count calories or points in order to maintain the low-high-low. Here's my calories (and pts) breakdown:
Sunday 1150 / 20 pts
Monday 1400 / 25
Tuesday 1200 / 21
Wednesday 1900 / 35 (woohoo!)
Thursday 1150 / 20
Friday 1350 / 24
Saturday 1250 / 22

Of course you can adjust it for your level. There's a thread ... let me see if I can find it ...

Okay here it is -- click this

...where it explains everything. It really does shake things up a bit and I can still do Core foods within the ranges, like I said. Or NOT (like today ... oh I've been really bad!)

You should give it a try!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #120  

Thank you, Kathy! I think in this last week of January, I will be 100% dedicated to CORE w/new recipes and see what happens. I will look at doing Wendie Plan in February.
Closed Thread