Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:22 PM   #46  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation Congratulations!

Wow Merce!!! CONGRATULATIONS - what an awesome catchup for you - you're right when the time is right the weight will come off if you stick with it!

Keep up the good work!

Froufie
Old 01-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Mercee, I am so happy for you! For some reason I thought your weigh in was on Thursday. When we didn't hear from you, I thought there might be bad news. Thanks so much for sharing. I needed to hear that you hung in there for 3 weeks even though there wasn't much happening. What a great reward. So you made your 25 and 30 pound goal on the same day. I'm dancing here I'm so excited. With friends like all of you, I won't give up.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:16 PM   #48  

way to go mercee and froufy!! WOW, holy cow, great weigh in's.

LJ - glad someone posted the egg muffin, i seem to be behind in my reading, hockey last night and gone to the lumber store this morning, built a shelving unit with coat hooks with my dh now i just have to paint it, distress it, antique it and it will be good for the wall.....i am hoping with doorknobs right on the wall, #1 son's coat will land on them one day.......haha

vickie, you sound busy too, how was your meal with your niece and nephew, i have never tried polenta, maybe one day i will get brave and do so,

i have a soup bone going on the stove right now too, beef, barley, veggies galore will be added, maybe even a little turnip......lunch all next week, a warm spot in the day!

i have not had my walk yet, so i have to get that in, then buy my paint, then supper, hockey, bed........ahhhhhh, bed sounds good right now.........

cheerio everyone,
Old 01-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Just got back from my Niece's house. We had a great time and a fabulous meal. Tomorrow is my scary meal at the banquet. I've got a lot of points to cover me but I was trying not to use them. I'm going to have some smothered barley chicken for lunch to try to be filled up before I go.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:28 AM   #50  
Closed

Good 'early' morning....yup anther day up dark and early,can't even say bright and early...it's only 5AM

Anyway.....Froufy and Mercee.....WAY TO GO!!!! WOW-WEEE!!!! Fabulous!!!
Mercee I once had a 9 week halt in my journey and never gave up, which surprised myself, that was during the middle of my weight loss journey and that is why I said, our bodies will let it go when it's time and ready to, not in ours I am so happy for both of you....Fannnntastic!!
Wow FRANNIE you sound real busy.....not to worry about the quiche recipe. Kathy posted it and I found Vickie Chicken/Barley, thank God I cut and pasted it and emailed it to myself. Did the same just now with Froufie's recipe. So thank you all!
Yes, I am ok with the gain. Gains like that don't last long if you get right on them, and that is what I am doing. You all saw it in writing here first!! I hope I will remember to write on the weekly menu board but I am writing in my own journal...something I always do, when I am good. Do any of you journal even though we are on Core?? Just curious??
VICKIE at banquets they usually have turkey breast, maybe go for that if it's there and the veggies. I just know you will do fine and that you will use your WPA wisely.
This beef barley soup sounds good too. FROUFIE is using beef shank, what are you using FRANNIE? See another great idea!! Ya gotta love this board
Comfort Zone for next week sounds very interesting...can't wait to hear that one.
Well hope you all have a great day..I need to go have some coffee...it's still dark out but soon the sun will rise and sun....talk with you all later....LJ

Last edited by L.J; 01-16-2005 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:26 AM   #51  
Closed

does any one know what the TIME is so far off by hours?? Well at least on mine. If so, change this be change to reflect the time zone we are in.....dumb question I know, but sometimes curiousity gets the better of me :-) :-)
Old 01-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #52  
Card Carrying Princess

Arrow

Well I'm also up early - well for a Sunday that is!

Thanks to everyone for their kinds words of encouragement and support - it is much appreciated!

So went to the movies w/dh last night - yes I had POPCORN - but I did not pig out as I usually would have, esp having eating a good dinner, and the diet pepsi on the side also helped. I usually complain to dh about his huge handfuls of popcorn which he can inhale at an extremely rapid rate (thus leaving me very little..) but this time I just let him at it - the more he eats the less I can (evil Froufie ).

Then on the way out dh spots a friend "oh there's Chris - and his wife I think, I really want you to me him". My mouth says "oh sure"...but inside my head is screaming "YIKES - I LOOK SO BAD - MY ROOTS ARE SHOWING, I AM NOT WEARING ANY MAKEUP AND I AM FAT, FAT, HUGE AND FAT - WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF ME???"

Do any of you guys do this? Why are we so down on ourselves? Of course I smiled and spoke politely - we chatted for about 10-15 minutes and moved on. We will be seeing them again in the not too distant future - and I am thinking "oh boy at least I will be forewarned and have done my hair and makeup - but I will probably still be pretty fat!"...I know I need to change this thinking! I am sometimes embarrassed to see people I've known before cuz the first thing they'll notice is how much heavier I am than before (and I have always been oveweight so we're not talking thin to fat, we're talking fat to fatter). I try to just grin and bear it but I"m sure it affects my enjoyment of many social situations and is very limiting for me in general! Those that know me would be shocked to hear me say this as I am an extremely outgoing extroverted person who seems to be, in general, very friendly and confident!

Well time to hop in the shower and get ready for my core-friendly Denny's breakfast outing. I might to talk to my girlfriend about this - wonder if she thinks like this too???

Also planning for tomorrow - have to wake up at the crack of dawn for a half day training course at work - need to eat a VERY EARLY BREAKFAST (usually eat at my desk), drive there, park car and walk (15 mins) to the right building (hope it's not too freezing - but can count for my exercise? ). Planning to pack an apple, water bottle and special k bar (2 points?) to keep me going til noon. Wish me luck!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-16-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I don't journal on Core but I do use the tracker. So I am defintely keeping track of all my water (thanks to Torrey 80 ounces daily!), my fruit and veggie intake, my good oil, WPA's and AP's. I'm RELGIOUS about using this because if I don't, I start to slip on my fruits and veggies and conveniently forget about some WPA/AP's I consumed.

I hope you are right about the banquet. Hubby thinks it will be rubber chicken. I say, well I hope it's rubber chicken with no sauce! I'm sure I'll be fine. The company will be fabulous. Our friend asked us to go because she is being recognized for her contributions. Other great friends will be there too. I'm trying to focus on them instead of myself and what I can't eat....spoiled brat that I am!!!!

Froufie, I am SURE that we all feel this way. I, too, have been overweight all my life. I don't have a lot of casual friends but I have a nice sized group of longtime friends so I don't worry about it so much. The friends that I'm seeing today haven't seen me since I started my program. Even with 122 pounds to go, I'm sure they'll notice the 23.2 pounds down. They love me anyway I know and they are always very supportive. I know though that they all worry about my health. One of them has said that directly to me. It was in a loving way but she said she wants me to be around a long time. I was bothered at first, but then was happy that she had been so honest. I'm sure it's been discussed when I'm not around!

Good Luck today to everyone!

Last edited by Vickie; 01-16-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:43 AM   #54  
Southside White Sox Fan

So my message posted at 9:34 which is exactly the time here in Chicago (CST) when I posted my message. So does it post the time where the poster is or does it post the time where the board is (CST)? Now you have me curious.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #55  

Default Full vs Satisfied

I started the Core about 3 days ago. I am having a hard time knowing when I am comfortably full vs satisfied. I find I am full, but still wanting to eat. Could it be my addition to bad foods that are calling me? Can any long time Core folks advise me?

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #56  

Height: 5'7"

Linda, I still journal just to make myself accountable. I write it down in a notebook and also use FitDay -- and I usually print out the FitDay page and put it in my book too. I know I don't have to but it's a hard habit to break!

Froufie ... I don't know what to tell you. That just broke my heart reading what you were thinking at the time. Bless your heart.

Welcome, MissWilson! Please just hang in there and I promise you'll get in the groove and start seeing results. And my opinion of your question about the bad foods -- I'd say you're right. I think that once the cravings are gone and the sugars are out of your body, you'll stop feeling hungry all the time. You might just be experiencing habit eating, too. When you're hungry, drink a big glass of water and see what that does.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:50 PM   #57  
Card Carrying Princess

Oh kathy - did not mean to break your heart (and I love your candy heart by the way!). Just the nasty way I think some times!

Miss Wilson - welcome, as I mentioned on the other thread, after my first week on Core, the hardest part is pushing your chair away from the table - I think it is something we need to learn/relearn? I can see that sometimes this will be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to do, but what an awesome feeling it will be to be able to "know" and understand when your body has had enuf! I used to eat whenever I felt like it - and whatever I felt like - and that was obviously not working too well for me!

Good luck and keep trying!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-16-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #58  

I just posted a similar thing on the January challenge thread, but I'm so thrilled things are going well I'm going to say the same thing

I had a WI this morning and was down -.6 from last week, making a grand total of -1.4 since December. Not amazing, but at least it's in the right direction!

Since I have tomorrow off (thank god) instead of going to the Nia class near work in the evening, I'm taking a hand weights workshop at the gym I just joined. Hopefully there will be more than just me, since I was the only one signed up last week!

I recently bought a new cookbook (Weeknight Survival Cookbook) which is mostly core and my DH and I are going to use its meal suggestions instead of defaulting to junk so often like we usually do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:06 PM   #59  
Card Carrying Princess

Exclamation Beyond The Comfort Zone.....

...well I think I went and did it - and now I feel pretty bloated and yucky!

Not sure why (boredom/stress??) but this afternoon had this need to keep eating altho not supremely hungry - I think something triggered the eating but not sure wha???

Had my core-friendly breakfast at Denny's (and note I was not FULL after that). Lunch was 2 bowls of my home made soup w/3 slices of pineapple....then was feeling a bit peckish a bit later (3 pm??) had a hard boiled egg...with a glass of diet pepsi - then another egg and more diet pepsi - yes you'd think I'd feel full now??? but no - now it was time for a bag of microwave popcorn to keep mouth and fingers busy!!! Maybe cuz I was watching tv and reading??? needed to eat??? (bad habit!)

Anyhow filled up on the popcorn and some water...but now it's just about getting to be supper time - do I eat? do I wait? do I skip supper?

Decided to eat w/the family but had very small portions: 1 small piece of roast beef, 4 brussel sprouts, 1/2 very small baked potato and sliver of squash. More water and now I feel super bloated - I am pretty sure this is what going beyond the comfort zone feels like!

I feel bad now - hope I did not undo all my previous good work!!!

Have to get to bed pretty early tonight as I'm on a training course that starts at 8 am (don't be late they said!)......so hopefully tomorrow will be a better, more in control day!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-16-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #60  

Height: 5'7"

Awww ... that's okay! I've had snacky days before too and I know how you feel after you eat it. It's like "why on earth did I DO THAT???" LOL! It'll be okay, really. Good thing is that it was all core foods!

I just ate my baked potato for dinner and then had a teeeeny little piece of cherry pie. I had bought groceries today and not everything would fit in the freezer. DH is trying to eat less so I bought him a bunch of Lean Cuisines for his lunch during the week. They take up a lot of space. Anyway, in order to make everything fit, I had to take out a frozen cherry pie and make it. Darn the luck!! Hopefully my daughters will eat the majority of it, and hopefully they do it in a hurry!

My food is all ready for work tomorrow -- egg muffin quiche for breakfast, tomato soup and a cheese sandwich for lunch, and popcorn for a snack if I need it. Oh and 2 cups of milk, too.

Have a good evening, everybody!

Last edited by Katpo; 01-16-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread