Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 06:29 AM   #31  
Closed

Well hellooo- I had no clue there was a support board #5 . Thank you Vickie for posting on 4 and letting me know. I got scared there for a moment and thought I lost you all. I guess the thing is I NEVER check the main board.....I will from now on though.
HI JANETTE- great to see you here, glad all is going well, and congrats on maintaining your weight.....I'm here to tell you those that 5 lbs seem to be the hardest, but I am sure you know that. I am right there with you though. The past several weeks I kept switching again!! but I tried the points, and how weird is that I a cannot do it anymore. Me the biggest holdout on Core, now I seem to be addicted to it. Been back on it for only 2 days and boy oh boy what a difference I feel. It's crazy, isn't it??
I don't remember all the post I just read, but I do want to say CONGRATS to Frannie. 26 lbs AWESOME!!!!!
I have already posted to Vickie on board #4 about how she was feeling so I won't reiterate. Vickie you know we are all pulling for you, and like I said, your body will let it go when it's ready and jubulation will be felt on this board. I feel it coming for you this week. Keep up what you are doing, cause you're doing everything right. These bodies of ours have their own minds :-) I was thinking since the Chick doesn't get changed but for every 5 lbs maybe to change it to dancing something or other or a cheerleader for each 5 lbs you have lost....make it to reflect your mini goals 5 lbs at a time, as your leader suggested. Just a thought my friend...love ya!!!!
Everyone seems to be doing really well.
TORREY how is the (lack of a better word) contract coming??
KATPO are you strickly doing points or Floring?? I tried that, didn't work for me. So as you read, I am back to strickly Core. It really isn't a bad way to eat all the time. In fact I am not hungry when doing Core, so why I was fighting it I don't know. Well I kind of do...I was missing my sweet's....BUT I have stayed away from them these past several days, and like Vickie mentioned I will get a 'sugar' headache and I HAVE for these past two days, but a few more days and I will be ok...With all the Core 'treat's we can have, I have realized this is the way I have to go, and I do believe I can do it as my lifestyle change. AND I even had my 'fruit' although so far it has only been Red Grapes I at least had friut. On tomorrow's shopping list is banana's and apples....how's that!!
Well today is Saturday and you know what that mean.....weigh in...it shouldn't be a success, I am only back to Core for 2 days and messed up with points the rest, but maybe it will counterbalance (hahaha) I will post my results later.
KATHY (KATPO) I wanted to ask you if, you change your weight on your signature each time, is that how you show a change?? Oh and by the way I love your avitar.
FRANNIE if it was you who posted those delicious sounding egg quiche would you mind doing it again. Now that we are on Support Board 5 I am having a hard time finding it on Support Board 4...thanks.
FROUFY Crockpot rotisserie chicken NOW that sounds deeee-lish!! Care to share :-)
Well now that I found you all again, I can keep up with the posts....if I missed anyone's celebrations - congrats.....and to everyone here, you are the best!
I'll let you all know how I did later.........till then, Ciao for now.....Linda
Old 01-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #32  
Closed

KATHY-KATPO...I just went to the Weekly core board, and there you were, so that answers my questions on how you are and what you're doing. Welcome back to the land of Core...as you can see I am here too. You can't beat the people at this board, they are the BEST support anywhere, including the meeting places!!!
Good to see you!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, you sure were up early! Thanks for the positive encouragement....it means alot to me. I got on that darn scale this morning and it's up but I ate really salty stuff yesterday. It's funny that now that I've mastered the sugar cravings I seem to be having salty cravings. It's been especially bad the while I'm in PMS. I'm sorry I waited until my perimenopausal point of life to get serious about losing weight! I know the scale is just temporary. I've been inspired by Torrey's water consumption and I'm going to commit to 80 ounces of water a day. I can't imagine drinking that much but I'm going to try! It certainly cannot hurt.

I'm going to my Niece's house tonight to visit. She is also doing Core and she's making dinner. We're having a mexican pie with polenta on the bottom. She isn't a recipe kind of girl but I can tell you she makes the polenta and spreads it in a pie pan to harden. Then she puts a layer of FF refried beans all over. Then she adds ground sirloin that she's cooked with cumin and garlic? Then she adds salsa and FF cheddar and bakes it. Last time it took forever to heat through but she may have it downpat by now. Crustless pumpkin pie for dessert. Hubby will be picking up Chipotle carryout on the way. So I'll have great company, good food and get to spend time with my Great Niece and Nephew. This will be a good day.

First treadmill and breakfast.

Talk to you all later!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:20 AM   #34  
Closed

Default Bad News....Good news....

Hi all....I'm back!! Got w/i in but I knew what to expect....however I am REALLY ok with my gain....yes the G word. I knew I messed up royally. Learn from me my friends, don't mess with success....Core does work, so work it you're worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was up,up,up ....I have put back 4.9 of my 'sick' lbs back....so now it's back to 136.9 but what the heck might as well say 137!! Funny thing is I am really ok. I knew what I did and I expected those exact results...so I am not beating myself up.
I had a revelation sitting there....that from that point forward I was going to live my life and my eating habits the Core Way. Take advantage of my WPA in a GOOD way and just DO IT!! I am going to have a completely Core day, weekend and etc, etc, etc......I am here to tell all of you that this is MY contract to me right here on this board....I will commit to this lifestyle of eating and I will get this off by Valentines Day and I will get something beautiful in RED A NSV !!!!!
Also I will commit right here to getting to my personal weight, where I feel comfortable in my own skin......Signed......Linda (LJ)
There I have comitted to all of you as well as myself....so keep me in check, ok!!
Vickie I have searched board #4 for your Chicken/Barley recipe with no luck, I will continue to search but do you think you can repost it.
Also - the egg quiche- who posted that??? and where can I find it?
I feel like I have a new lease on this program after that w/i. I am going to continue to re-educate myself, like Torrey. Smart idea, thanks.!!
Well that is the lastest from me.....so all of you who put on a little or STS, not to worry......think of how badly I messed up....but the Good News is, I am ok with it and will move on with success, with a little help from my friends of course
Talk with you all later...I am going to check out the Weekly Menu board and get some great ideas....have a great day!!
Oh, Vickie enjoy your evening with your family....that is what I MISS most about living here.....I MISS my family
Old 01-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #35  

Linda, almost all the recipes people have posted have been moved to the Core recipes sub board. You should check there. There are tons of great ideas.

Congrats on your new resolve. You can do it!!

Angela
Old 01-15-2005, 11:05 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday!! Yep, I'm back -- I have to be. When something works, I just have to stick with it. I can do it happily or screaming and stomping my feet, but either way it has to be done!!

This morning I jumped up and weighed, and was the same as yesterday morning so that feels good. I made my breakfast and started right in drinking my water. Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends but it's to Macaroni Grill and I've already taken a look at their menu online. They have a section called "Sensible Fare" so I decided on this one:

Mediterranean Shrimp : Five grilled jumbo shrimp on a lightly dressed Mediterranean salad of cucumber, tomato, arugula and fat-free feta. Approximately 1 fat gram.

Sounds good, huh? I can't wait!
Old 01-15-2005, 11:12 AM   #37  

Oh I forgot, Linda, that you asked about the egg quiche things. I made some yesterday to put in the freezer for next week's breakfasts. Here's what I do, although I know others make theirs differently and you can add other things in too! I used 6 eggs, a package of frozen spinach (thawed and thoroughly squeezed out), and a half cup of FF grated cheddar. Spray the muffin tin (6 places), put in the mixture, and bake at 350 for about 13-14 minutes. I first started with 10, then added another and another and another, so I think the total was around 14. Then after they cooled, I wrapped each one individually in saran wrap, then put all 6 in a freezer bag and into the freezer. Each morning I will take one out and by the time I get to work, they'll have started thawing. Probably 30-45 seconds in the microwave and they'll be ready. They're also good if you put a little salsa on them too, if you like that sort of thing.

As for my signature, I know it says "today's wt." but I'm not changing it until I see the same weight consistently. I don't have an official weigh-in since I don't go to meetings, and I cannot for the life of me make myself weigh only once a week! I'm addicted to the scale! So anyway, I think I'll go change it now. It's only a pound but hey, at least it's in the right direction!
Old 01-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #38  
Closed

Angela...I went to the Core recipe board, but couldn't find the Chicken/Barley or the Egg quiche.....oh well :-( I 'll find it on support board #4 I'll keep searching :-)

KAT-good to see you here....and isn't it great the scale reads the same....whooohooo!!! Great choice for tonight....enjoy!!!

Talk with you all later.........
Old 01-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #39  
Closed

Angela...good news....I forgot I cut and pasted the Chicken and Barley recipe Vickie posted and I found it in my emails....:-) and Kathy just posted the egg quiche recipe so I cut and pasted that too and sent it to my email.....
Can't wait to try both.....
Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 AM   #40  

Linda, here are some of the things I've added in the past ... just for additional ideas. Chopped green onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, can of green chilies, mushrooms, black olives, chopped lean ham or canadian bacon. Mix and match and change it up! It's such a great little easy breakfast. I think next week I'll do the green onion, green chilies, and red bell pepper. I love adding bell pepper and onion to my scrambled eggs too.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #41  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Arrow Saturday

Linda - great contract - looks like this PUBLIC comittment will force us to watch you very carefully!

Kathy - sounds like you are doing well - definitely time to change the signature!

Vickie - your dinner out sound scrumptious - I have actually just bought some cornmeal - have never made polenta - but sounds like it might be very yummy!

I am back from my first weigh- in and 5 lbs now gone forever! Also happy to report that I don't seem as hungry as when I first started so hopefully adjusting to new eating habits. Next week's meeting is on the "comfort zone" and I know I need to hear some of that as it seems to be easy to go beyond comfort on the core plan if one is not careful!

As for the crockpot rotisserie chicken - let's just say dh put it in the crockpot kinda late - and it wasn't really ready at dinner time (and it was a huge chicken) so it was soup for supper and I finished the chicken & potatoes in the oven - looking forward to having it for dinner this evening:

Recipe:
Place 4 small foil covered potatoes in bottom of crockpot (or just use foil balls if you don't want the potatoes).
Wash, dry chicken and spray w/olive oil
covered in seasoned salt or bbq chicken seasoning
Place breast side down on top of foil balls (to elevate from bottom)

No liquid required - cook 4-6 hours on high! and enjoy.

Did my groceries on way home from meeting - good inspiration - got a truckload of good stuff - including plums, red and green grapes (both on sale!), cabbage, apples and these great little low fat individual cheesecakes (made my Waist Watchers) which was shown at our meeting - only 1 point each! While I seem to have sugar cravings under control at this time - always nice to have something around for emergency situations!

Right now I am cooking a vat of soup: 2 beef shank bones, beef broth, 2 cans tomato paste, cut up onion, celery, carrots, green cabbage, worcestshire sauce, pepper, salt, italian spices, garlic powder, and some barley. Will cut the beef off the bone and add to the soup when it's almost done - smells pretty good in the kitchen!

Has to be done soon as I am off to drop dd off at her dance class...maybe take youngest ds w/me to Starbucks for a treat (1 hr til dance class pickup!)- I am hankering for a nonfat decaf cappuccino - after all a girl needs her calcium, doesn't she???

Having breakfast tomorrow am w/my best girlfriend who is also on core and is very excited to hear about my first weigh in so this should be fun. Going to Denny's and will pick carefully from the lower fat menu I think!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-15-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

It is SO GREAT to have everyone here! Linda, I'm sorry you're back up a bit but you will conquer this obstacle in your life. You found the recipe before I could get it to you. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm dying for you to try a smoothie. I really thing you will enjoy it. I'm about to go make one now. Then got to get ready to go visiting!

Glad everyone is feeling so strong.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:10 PM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Froufie, CONGRATULATIONS! I can "hear" the happiness in your voice. Now come on girlfriend.....get that ticker changed at the bottom. You still show 0 pounds lost. You'll be goofy like me one day....living to change your ticker like I live to change my "chick"! You did great. Keep up the good work. Be careful at Denny's. Not too much healthy stuff there!
Old 01-15-2005, 02:13 PM   #44  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

OHMYGOODNESS - yes Vickie - you're right I completely forgot to change my stats....here goes!
Old 01-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #45  

I just got back from my meeting. I am so excited After 3 weeks of almost nothing. I am down 7.6 lbs! I guess as somone said in their post, your body lets go when it is ready just stick with the program. I got my 25lb magnet as well as my keychain for my 10% target. Imeet with my leader after the meeting and set another goal of 10%. I hope to reach that goal by May. I'm glad to see everyone is very motivated today and I know the program works. Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread