Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #16  

Hi all,

Just wanted to check in. I think I'll go to Borders and see if I'm interested in the book.
Vickie I hope you have a great weigh-in tonight. Congratulations to all the losers. I'm swamped with worked. I hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:59 PM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Just got home from my meeting and weigh in. I'm very bummed out. I stayed the same. Stuck at 23.2. I was SO hoping to hit 25 pounds down this week.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #18  

Oh, Vickie, I'm sorry. That's so frustrating! Just think, maybe next week will be a big one. : )

Angela
Old 01-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #19  

Hi all,

Vickie I know you can do it. We had weigh in as well and a lot of the ladies had a week just the same as you. They all commented on how good they were on their plan whether it was Flex or Core. Lots of tension. I think we are all getting over the holidays and our bodies know at what speed it will happen. Maybe we did some extra walking and what we did not see on the scale has shown up with the tape measure. You rock girl and you are going to be there!

Our meeting was on NOT Quitting and how frustrating it can be if we are at a standstill. Talk Talk Talk was the message. Have we done something different? Have we not drank all of our water? What about our salt intake? Maybe we are retaining fluids? There are only 2 of us doing CORE but I bet you next week 3 more will switch over. She also talked about if you get discouraged when someone else is having a really good streak ....... but for the most part everyone said they use the other person as motivation..........

Does anyone know anything about baking with splenda? I know it is equal to sugar in amount but because the texture is different would it make a meringue? hummmmm I have not had much experience in that.

And, for those Flex experts out there.......the points are the same whether you are male or female....right? Men don't get extra because they are men do they......?? Someone asked me that and I did not know the answer.....and I forgot to ask.

Well, the weather is crapola once again......-13C tonight and the snow and the slush are making driving a hazard. The plows had not been out much and that makes a big difference. I am in for the night......no walking for me but I don't usually walk on Thursdays anyway.

Everyone have a great week ok!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #20  

Hello all!! Today was my first day on the core plan and it went really well!!! I thought I was going to have a hard time without my sweets but I realized after eating so much fruit today I didn't need them!! Yeah!!! I have to admit though the ff plain yogurt is just awful!! I tried adding some fruit to it but I just couldn't stand the taste. I guess I'll just do WITHOUT the yogurt or use some of my wpa's for some other type of yogurt. Overall a great day!!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #21  

oraki,

why don't you try adding some splenda to the yogurt and a banana.......I can not stand it by itself either.......

Congrats on your first day on core........! Way to go
Old 01-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks Angela and Frannie. I feel a bit better this morning. I only know I'm not quitting! My meeting subject was the same as yours Frannie. I did think it was kind of nice to have that meeting just when I needed it. I won't quit this time but I certainly was discouraged. I don't even know what I would have done it if had gained!

I've been trying to analyze the week to see if I got sloppy. It could be easy to do on Core if you're not careful. I've been drinking at least 48 ounces of water and another 56 ounces of skim and other decaf beverages a day. I'm going to try to up the water this week, just in case. I really don't drink that much without an effort. I suspect that 104 ounces is about all I can consume it just varies what form it takes. Maybe I need to force more than 104 ounces of liquid?

I did up my speed on the treadmill from 2.6 to 2.7 this week and I've been walking an extra minute or two. Surely that wouldn't have a negative impact? I even used my tracker this week to be sure I wasn't using more than my alloted WPA's. I used all my AP's and about 15 WPA's. Nothing unusual from the prior weeks. I don't think my portion sizes increased, although I did have a hungry week. Anyway.....I'm done analyzing and I'm ready to start my new week.

I have a scary day on Sunday. I have a banquet to go to for an award that is being given to my friend. I haven't been able to find out what the menu is and I will have no control. I'm going to try not to use any WPA's until then, just in case I need them all!

Torrey, I was almost late for my meeting because I lost track of time reading "Passing for Thin". I'm about 50 pages into it. I keep trying to slow myself down so that I don't miss something profound. I think I'll end up reading it again because I think there is much to learn in there. I'm thoroughly engrossed in the book. It's hard to read about someone else's pain when you shared some of the same experiences. In my opinion the book is most meaningul for someone who has been overweight all or most of their lives like I have. I would still recommend it for anyone who has been more than 50 pounds overweight. I've cried a bunch of times already mostly because I didn't know that others were feeling the same pain I felt. This is an area WW doesn't touch because there isn't enough time in a 30 minute meeting and because it isn't the same group of people each week where you can learn to feel safe to share.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #23  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, I've baked with Splenda alot with no negative impact. I guess there might be some loss of texture but nothing significant.

Oraki, congratulations on your first day. You're gonna love it. I don't like yogurt at all. I only cook with it so I can't help you out there!
Old 01-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

So.....Frannie.....I just responded to the messages and I'm sitting here thinking how lucky I am to have people to support me. The folks at my meeting are nice but they aren't my real support system....you guys are. So now I'm crying a bit because I just realized that you had your weigh in last night and didn't say how you did in your message. I went back to read your message to see if I missed it. Nope....not there. So, I go to look at your tracker and see down 26!

You made your 25 pound goal plus an extra pound and didn't tell the world?! Didn't shout it from the rooftops with a big Woo Hoo?! I think you didn't want to make me feel bad. You are one sweet lady. But, you need to celebrate your victory. I need to feel happy for you (and I do!) and your success will keep me going. Congratulations! I hope Mercee made her goal too!
Old 01-14-2005, 09:47 AM   #25  

Hi Vickie

yes, i had a great weigh in last night with mixed emotions. i was down 2.8 but a friend of mine who was exceptionally good through this week was down .4 and was madder then anything. i was feeling pretty guilty from my own meeting in fact (and then I came home and read your post), my leader called me at home afterwards to talk about it. isn't that great one on one for ya! we never know what will happen do we. she asked me if i did anything different and I said, i have gone over it in my mind and honestly thought i would be up. i did not have any beef, just mostly chicken and salmon, could that be it? i used my wpa's for some treats. i don't count ap's, i never have, i just consider my walking an added bonus, i had more veggies then fruit....... another lady, was super good, so much that she did not even have her beer during the week......she loves to have her beer, and she was the same but she said she had done some extra walking. I think extra exercise will make a difference the first week and then the second week you see the weight fall....

so vickie, thanks, i was in tears after reading your message...man oh man, emotions do run high don't they.

I have one of those new charm bracelets.....so i will celebrate by buying a new charm for it. at christmas i bought a turtle charm to remind me that this is not a race but a journey and to take it slow and easy........this weekend i think i will be the shoe charm, for my walking.

i hope that everyone has a great day.........Mercee, how did you do?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry, Frannie! I didn't mean to make you cry. I just wanted you to know that I would have celebrated your loss even though my week was a disappointment. That is what a good supportive friend would do. I might have driven you crazy (like I have!) asking you what I might have done wrong or what you might have done better. I think we need to give if we are to receive.

I've already been on the treadmill and last week is forgotten (so I lie a little!).
Old 01-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #27  

Hello, everyone!

Kathy and for those who are interested in receiving the Discovery stuff, you can do a "weigh-in" on-line. My sister did that b/c she can not make it to the Galleria store tomorrow.

Vickie, keep you head up and take into account that there was no gain. I have found that when I maintain one week, my loss the following week is greater than most. You will definitely hit that 25 loss, very, very soon!

On the water topic, most days I feel like a water balloon. I make sure I drink 96 oz. of water from the time I reached my office until I leave, this does not whatever I consume the rest of the day. I find that this makes a huge difference, especially since I somehow to forget to consume water on the weekends! This will change of course, but I down that water like no one's business during the week.

Vickie, in regards to the book, I have to stick to my one chapter a night rule. It's so enthralling!
Old 01-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #28  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wink Hi Everyone!

Vickie - you know what this means don't you? Your body is "saving" up for a walloping wonderful weight loss next week! Please keep that in mind - you did NOTHING wrong - no guilt or blame allowed - just another weigh in to look forward to CUZ YOU WILL MAKE IT!!

Frannie - CONGRATS to you on making your goal and surpassing the 25lb mark! Same advice to you NO GUILT ALLOWED!!! We are all happy and thrilled for you!

As we can see our bodies are very fickle - and weight loss is not linear - it comes off in bits and pieces and we need to be patient! (and I know how hard that cna be!!! )

Looks like I need to get that book - sounds like a great read and I'm sure I will also relate to it as I've been overweight my whole life

Welcome oraki - I am on my first week of Core and so far so good. As for the yogurt I agree that some splenda and "flavorings" might help. You might want to look for some of the Torani sf flavored syrups/liquids (sometimes at 2nd cup or Pam's coffee co. locations). I have some chocolate, vanilla and raspberry which are pretty good - all made w/splenda.

Gearing up for weigh in tomorrow - so do I wear the lightest clothes possible? ha ha ha. Had an egg mcmuffin for breakfast this morning as I was driving around w/dd to dr appt and back to school and back to work....only 4 points if you don't count the egg and backbacon...not bad!

I think I have a problem tho - having whole wheat pasta/turkey chili sauce for lunch and was planning some potatoes w/dinner - don't think that's allowed? need to recheck Dh at home is supposed to make the crockpot rotisserie chicken for dinner (w/potatoes) and I am really looking forward to it.

Also late with my water drinking due to all the running around this am - on my first bottle now!

Not hungry for lunch yet tho - will eat a bit later!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 01-14-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #29  

thanks girls........I promise no more guilt

this is the best support i have.......everyone is fabulous.........vickie, you are awesome and i was touched by your post.....
Old 01-14-2005, 05:55 PM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Torrey....96 ounces of water. Well, I've had 64 ounces which is 16 more than before. I'll probably have at least 8 more ounces before bed in addition to a decaf soda and a decaf tea. I'll commit to 72 a day but how do you keep from sloshing?! I read more of the book today. How did Frances get in my head?

Thanks, Froufy! Your post was fun to read and I hope you are right about next week's weigh in. I'm kinda scared because next week my TOM will be on the verge of arriving. It's always something, isn't it? Good Luck tomorrow. We'll be waiting to hear.....

Frannie, I think you're pretty special too! So I'm sure you've realized you are more than halfway to your goal? I like the idea of a charm bracelet and that you are rewarding yourself with something besides food. Good role model for us all.
Closed Thread