3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Question for Spryng (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/47687-question-spryng.html)

HeatherTX 10-07-2004 06:15 PM

Question for Spryng

Hi there. I noticed cube steaks on your menu last night. How do you prepare them? I bought some a few weeks ago and did them in the crockpot with beef broth and onions but wanted to see how you did them? TIA! :)

spryng 10-07-2004 06:18 PM

Hi Heather! I like to cook them with just a little flour (about 1 tbsp per cube steak that has been seasoned, I count 1 pt for the flour) and "fry" them in a skillet with either my 2 tsp portion of olive oil or pam. I tried mine once in the crockpot and I didn't like how they came out but beef broth and onions sounds good!

HeatherTX 10-07-2004 07:01 PM

Thanks Spryng! Ya know the funny thing? I did mine exactly how you do in the skillet even with the seasoned flour THEN threw them in the crockpot. I tasted a corner that was done before I crockpotted them and it was GOOD. But to be honest I didn't like it that much after it came out of the crockpot. I think panfried is the way to go!

Mom4ever 10-07-2004 07:08 PM

Lunch?

I am having trouble thinking of things for lunch on Core. Can you help me?

loralee 10-07-2004 07:35 PM

I eat leftovers from the night before usually. Also, check out the daily menus everyone posts for ideas.

HeatherTX 10-07-2004 08:12 PM

I eat leftovers, soup or salads (couscous salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad etc). I usually make a soup on Sunday nights and then have that for lunches a couple times during the week. My favorite is Red Lentil Chili which is posted on this site. It is really good.

spryng 10-07-2004 10:59 PM

I agree with the leftover thing. And soups are a great way to go, there are so many soups that are core that you can just pop into a bowl, microwave and eat. I ate a pea and ham one (healthy choice) and it was very good and filling! I also make a rotisserie chicken at least once a week or so and after we eat that night I carve up the leftovers and munch on them for lunch too, great as a salad topper too. And couscous is a great idea. I had some for lunch today myself.

Kelly_S 10-08-2004 11:23 AM

I want to add a bit of a recipe I use.

Fry them in a bit of fat (use your healthy fats) until done. Top with salsa. They are so good this way.

loser43 10-08-2004 10:38 PM

Mom4ever,
here is what I have been making for lunch on core,
I take
1 Big can of white meat chicken (Like the big tuna can size)
a handful of grapes cut on two pieces
a stalk of celery cut in piece the same size as the grapes
a dash of garlic powder.
and FF mayo or ff miracle whip, just to moisten.
It has been so good :D I eat the whole thing.
Dawn

fiftieslady 10-09-2004 08:01 AM

Is cube steak Core? I always thought they were some kind of mish-mash of different meats and filler stuff pressed together--or is that just in the South?

HeatherTX 10-09-2004 08:30 AM

Cube steak is in the book as Core. I asked my butcher and he said it was just tenderized round steak. If you look at it in the store it does look like that too. Definitely a whole meat where I shop. No filler type things. :)

spryng 10-09-2004 09:32 AM

yeah, it's a regular steak Janette, but it may be different in different stores so it never hurts to ask, lol.

Kelly_S 10-09-2004 10:40 AM

You have to watch because some of it is fattier than others. For example the cube steaks at Wal-Mart have like 20 gms of fat per 4 ounces but at Albertson's or Fry's they only have 10 or less.