Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 06:30 PM   #1  

Default Breast Cancer 3-day Walk- CORE suggestions

This week, I will volunteer at the San Diego Breast Cancer 3-day Walk. I am not walking, just volunteering Thursday to Sunday on the Setup Crew. We get up early, mark the campgrounds for where all the tents are to be placed and then help other volunteers for the rest of the day. (Like setting up tables to eat out and then taking them down.) We will eat and sleep with the walkers. These brave people have each raised at least $2000 in donations and will walk 60 miles in 3 days. I can't wait to go and have my stuff all packed.
I will not be eating CORE for these 4 days. I will bring my instant oatmeal that has only Oats and oat bran in it and small cups of applesauce for breakfast, but I have no idea what to expect in the way of food. I can however make the best choices from what is available and just limit anything that is not CORE.
Does anyone have any ideas, other than the oatmeal and prepackaged applesauce, of small things I can bring that are CORE?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:27 PM   #2  

Well, no suggetions for items to bring with me - I sure wish someone had a good idea. I am all packed and ready to go.
I will not post again until next week sometime.
I will miss all the good ideas and inspiration from the CORE crew.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm so sorry I missed your post loralee! I suppose you have already left though huh? Well I would have recommended maybe switching to flex for the week so that you didn't have to struggle with core while gone, but I hope the walk raises lots of money and you have a great time! let us know how it goes ok?
Closed Thread