3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   have a ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/45842-have.html)

andreaphilip3 08-29-2004 06:20 PM

have a ?

how do you feel about having to use all ff stuff? thats the only prob i can see wh this plan....
i think i read a post about someone not wanting to spend points on full fat stuff&id be the same way.

ilovethis 08-29-2004 06:24 PM

I don't like FF stuff either.

lalala 08-29-2004 06:36 PM

I hate fat free stuff, I hate fake sugar stuff, give me real sugar any day.

However, I am glad to see that WW closed the loophole that allowed people to
think they were "on program" by eating graham crackers filled with chocolate cool whip and thinking they were learning how to eat better.

Me, I would rather eat a few tablespoons of my DP's full fat ice cream :).

I am eating normal cheeses (parmesan, cheddar, goat), but limiting my quantity.

The 1% milk not being core is very bizarre.

lala

amberlicious 08-29-2004 06:37 PM

I don't like ff or sf stuff either. I just figure that I'm going to use points for that sort of stuff. What specific ff stuff are you worried about??
Amber

andreaphilip3 08-29-2004 06:50 PM

so how are u guys handling it? dosent it bug ya to have to use pts for it? milk isnt core either? i dont undrstand light rye not being core either. but yet yogurt is& its loaded wh sugar.

Tina 08-29-2004 07:11 PM

As I understand it, only the ff plain yogurt is Core. If you use any flavor, you have to count points. Is that what anyone else thinks?

I can't stand the ff Miracle Whip but will use it mixed in stuff like tuna. I can eat a large portion of tuna on lots of lettuce for lunch and not use any pts.

Try the ff sour cream. That and chives, makes a good baked potato.
Tina
:flow1:

andreaphilip3 08-29-2004 07:14 PM

thats what i mean...
as for ff miracle whip, i can only stand the LF(1g fat) or the reg(4g) and sometimes i even use 1/2 T mayo

btw: be careful wh lg amounts of tuna..... i recently found online anything greater than 6 oz a week can be dangerous

Tina 08-29-2004 07:28 PM

Thanks for the tuna info. By a 'large portion" I meant one of the 3 oz. cans.
:lol:

andreaphilip3 08-29-2004 07:32 PM

ooh ok lol. i only know cuz i recently thought i had mercury poisoning.... and it says 6 oz a week

fiftieslady 08-29-2004 09:44 PM

I don't really like the ff stuff. So I only use it on things that don't matter. For instance, I never ate sour cream so if I get the ff stuff, I don't know the difference. I only use the ff salad dressings that I like the taste of--for instance I tried Kens FF sun-dried tomato Vinaigrette and I thought it tasted pretty good. I got ff Ranch but don't really like it so I will use it in stuff like cole slaw or potato salad instead of miracle whip until it is gone. I don't like full-fat milk so I don't mind the skim milk-glad I can drink as much as I want. But the main focus of the plan, I think, is veggies and fruits--ff doesn't figure there. You can have 2T a day of oilve oil for seasoning. Even above that won't cost too many points. Meats are lean just like always. Eggs are not limited. The 35 flex points go a lot farther than people think--after all I only had 27 total points a day on winning points. If I was hungry, I didn't have any room for anything else nor did I have any to save for the weekend. I hated counting and journaling but it did teach me portion control which I am using on this plan. I have been on it a week, lost 2 lbs. and just love the Plan.

Livvi 08-29-2004 10:03 PM

That was my downfall also coming off a low carb, but full fat diet. I am slowly getting used to it and spicing things up a little bit. I think Splenda tastes very close to sugar, and you can have cinnamon (it's a spice), so I use it in yogurt to sweeten it up for me.

spryng 08-30-2004 12:12 PM

I don't mind ff so much... I guess it's on aquired taste. FF milk is core and I use it in everything, even before core and now I can just sit and have a glass full and that is wonderful! (previously I just used it to cook with)
and ff cheese will melt great if you spray a little cooking spray on it before baking or whatever. But think in the long run you just get used to ff or you spend some pts on the other but either way you WIN!! :)

Tina 08-30-2004 12:46 PM

I've been drinking ff milk forever and don't mind it a bit.
About the ff cheese, I'd rather spend some pts and have the low fat kind. It tastes and melts.
I've got to get some new breakfast ideas. If I can get filled up then, I can make it with a light lunch.
Tina

Kelly_S 08-30-2004 12:54 PM

The fat-free cheeses I refuse because they really have no taste but then again I am a cheese snob. I do Splenda and Aspartame mostly in just diet sodas but then again I don't remember the last time I drank a real soda...been drinking diet since the times of Tab.

I don't like most fat-free dressings but I do like light or reduced fat ones. Specifically Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegarette and Ken's Steakhouse Light Sweet Vidalia Onion.

I do fat-free sour cream and cream cheese because I like them but things like Miracle Whip it has to be light or regular for me. I have never been a mayo user.

This is why the FPs on Core get used up quickly (along with my 3-4 points of bread a day) so I choose to use Core Foods 90-95% of the time (which I really have done since the beginning) and have never been hunger. I get 22 points a day plus 35 FPs plus 3-4 APs a day. I can truly say I have never been hungry at all on W/W.

I disagree that there is a loophole in W/W because it did let the 'adult' make the decision. If the person thought that eating excessive amounts of graham crackers with Cool Whip Free was healthy they need to be more educated. Core does help with that type of training. Most of the people who said they were hungry on W/W should have evaluated the foods they were eating IMNSHO.

I love the fact that Core works well within the points so I can use the PointsPies, CoreFoods and Points and find a program that works for me...or as many of us are calling it FLORE. I tend to measure for a while or find a bowl, plate, glass, etc that I don't have to measure but know where the portion comes out to for the points. I will always have to becareful of my portions because it wasn't what I was eating so much as the portions. Really I never did a lot of junk unless I was at someplace like the Fair or Amusement Park or Sporting Event. I could drink 1/2-1 gallon of milk a day easily because I love it and that would be completely Core...so I will continue to weigh and measure but use CoreValueFoods with my Points. :)

Glad everyone is enjoying their programs.

QuilterInVA 08-30-2004 02:51 PM

Kelly, try the Borden Sharp Cheddar Fat-Free Cheese - it melts and has taste!