Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 06:07 AM   #1  

Angry Feel SO guilty!

I used up ALL 35 FLEX points in 1 meal last night, and I feel so guilty today! I ate things that I haven't eaten in MONTHS.............I just caved. I ate some appetizer right down to a slice of dessert! Staring today great, having fresh fruit for breakfast, and water to flush all the junk out of my system!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

how much longer until your WI? Don't worry about it! You can still eat great without any more pts for the rest of the week. If you feel yourself struggling then rely on fruits and popcorn to get you through and I am here for you too! But those pts are there to enjoy and it sounds like you did! On flex I would eat all 35 of mine the day of wi... it was habit. But I would stay OP the rest of the week. Since I don't know if I'll need extra pts with Core yet I'm saving them so I can gauge through out the week to see how I might have to use them before buying my favorite junk, lol. But you will be fine! Hang in there!
Old 08-28-2004, 11:36 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Don't feel bad Livvi, it happens to us all once in a while. Eat well today and it will probably balance out
Old 08-28-2004, 02:30 PM   #4  

I'm doing quite well with my new core program! I have used 14 of my 35 flex points since Tuesday, and still have 21 left to go! We're going to eat out tomorrow night and I will probably use about 10 then and will go out for soft serve chocoate ice cream (4 points) tonight after dinner as a treat.
I'm having no difficulty staying on program, but can understand totally that the freedom one might perceive with this could suddently go overboard. Livvi, take a deep breath, do a little extra activity and try to not go off core again. I had a ww leader once who advised a person that if they used up all there flex points at one meal to forgive themselves and give themselves one or two a day for the rest of the week, but to try to be as good as humanly possible and add some extra activity and make sure you have all the water, etc. you should have. I think that was sound advice as a person, like any of us, could totally blow it at one dinner out or party, but be really well balanced and behave during the rest of the week and still come in with a loss at the next week's weigh in, or at least the tiniest of gains.
I have "been there, done that" and understand. As people have told me, time and time again, this is a "lifetime" program, so if you "fall off the horse, get right back on". I have forgiven myself again and again and know I will have to forgive on another day as well.
Linda in NH
Old 08-28-2004, 04:46 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Livvi: The best thing to do is to take it bite by bite, get back on the path and continue. I am pretty sure almost all of us have been there at some point.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #6  
Janette

The flex points are there for you to use. It's your choice. If you want to use them all on one meal, that's ok in my book. You can do it. There will be plenty for you to eat the rest of the week on Core. That's the part of the plan I love! Good advise about getting a few exercise points in this week and make sure you get plenty of water. Guilt is a negative emotion and will only hurt you in the long run. Take a deep breath and let it go.
Closed Thread