Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #1  

Talking Got the new CORE cookbook and food companion

The cookbook looks fabulous, lots of great recipes! I will share them as I make them and let you know how I like them. New dining out companion is slim pickings for those of us on CORE, you can basically eat a salad.........LOL!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

I'm getting my at-home kit soon, I hope, Livvi, and it has the cookbook! Very anxious to get more ideas on what to eat on this program. The online guide to fast food is much the same: you can eat a salad! But I do think ordering a grilled chicken breast and vege and maybe brown rice if you can get it would work? Vege burgers are a big possibility, too!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:46 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I didn't see the cookbook at my meeting but I did pick up the new food book. It seems to have a bigger selection for ethnic foods (as far as flexpoints goes).

I guess doing Core all week and using the flexpoints for a meal out on the weekend might be the way to go for me
Old 08-27-2004, 05:56 AM   #4  

I was told at my meeting, that you shouldn't switch up for individual days, but rather weeks. So, you could do flex one week and core the next.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:59 AM   #5  
Janette

I think she meant she would use her 35 flex points on the Core Plan for eating out on weekends. That's what I plan to do--of course that means I gotta not use them during the week! I think you can also eat steak, baked potato, salad on the Core plan and use flex points for butter and full fat dressing if needed. Salad bars, which are also very filling for me, are also a good option. When DH and I eat out, that's what I ate on the points plan anyway. Couldn't see counting points for the food that was offered.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:02 AM   #6  
Janette

I had another thought! The guide probably just listed meals that were totally Core. But why couldn't you, for instance, eat a burger and count the bun as flex points? Even the fries if you can't live without them!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:29 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That is exactly what I meant Janette
Old 08-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Livvi, yes! Keep us informed about the new cookbook... I've been wondering if it's worth buying. Are all the recipes in it 100% core??
Old 08-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #9  

Just started checking these out. Will try to go to first CORE meeting tomorrow. Thanks for the info. I'll be back
Old 08-29-2004, 03:45 PM   #10  
si, si signora

I bought the cookbook, but I think the on-line recipes are better.

No core desserts though.

lala
Closed Thread