Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #46  

morning chicks.

everyone is so busy. Me too.

Vickie, you sound so determined. I'm sure you will see a good number on the scale. I'm up a tad from last week too. With hubby back home, I seem to eat more. I wanted my Red Wings to go for the Stanley Cup, but I'll root for your team.

All these snacks. They sound so good. I think that is what got me into the shape I'm in, so I try to avoid them. I was addicted to Corn Poppers and have had to control myself. I get them at TJ Maxx, and yesterday, I refrained from going down the aisle they are in and even while in the register line, I saw some, but looked the other way. I'm so proud of myself. I can't stop at one serving, I eat the whole bag, which is 600 calories.

sloan, your garden sounds lovely. I remember seeing those bird baths a few years ago and never did try making one. Would love to see a pic.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #47  
focused and aiming

Nancy I'm sorry I'm late here. I think after I sent you a greeting on Facebook, I thought I'd done it here, too. Oldtimer's setting in for me. But, hey, girl--you're still a young Chickie and don't have to worry about that. Glad you enjoyed your day and got to eat some goodies. That's important.

It rained this morning. Hallelujah! I just had a WW bfast sausage/egg/English muffin. I like them. Okay, so much for a quick advertisement. My friend is still coming out even though it rained. We're going to have fun this afternoon!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday, chicks! Just got done planting a raised bed of cucumber seeds. Tomorrow I will add sunflower seeds, nasturtium seeds, and some marigolds. I have never grown veggies from seed, so I am anxious to see how it goes. My eating has been good for the last few days, and I have also been tracking faithfully. Why can't we do that all the time?

Pam, my garden is a work in progress. In fact, it is just roses right now, but DH is planning to build a bed around them, and I am going to plant some perennials. I usually plant annuals in pots on my porch, but I'd rather have something come up year after year in my yard. I plan to use the birdbath on the trunk of a tree that we are going to cut down. I will get pics on here when I get that done.

Sandra, glad you got some rain. We have had more rainy days than sunny ones since school let out. I am ready to get the pool going, but the weather has not cooperated.

Rhonda, enjoy your family!

Vickie, you have my admiration for being the numbers girl. I am an idiot when it comes to numbers.

Nancy, focus

Enjoy your Sunday, chickies !
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #49  
focused and aiming

Sloan, good success with your garden.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Sandra..I was kidding about being 44 on facebook and some took me seriously..I wish !!!
It's been a fun few days as our family does Birth week celebrations !!
An excuse to eat for a week !!

My cousin's dog was hit & killed this morning and she is a wreck. Her dog was
like a family member..I am spending the night at her house tonight..

Last edited by nancy237; 06-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #51  

Nancy, so sad about your cousin's dog
Old 06-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

Nancy, you're still younger than I am. I'd still switch. That's sad about your cousin's dog.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #53  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Default I would like to start Simply filling......

I have joined WW and I am doing the points. But, I don't feel satisfied. I still feel hungry and I can't seem to make it past two days on the plan. Do any of you switch back and forth between the two plans? Any suggestions of daily menu plans for SF....
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

luv2clog---it would be safe to say that we do ANYTHING! that we think might work, and that includes switching!

So, sorry abou tht edog, Nancy...sad.

I"m just doing family stuff, and enjoying it mostly. They are not organized and it disturbs me too much. Guess I'm getting old an grumpy!

The doctor's office called and said my cholesterol, glucose and thyroid are abnormal...going tomorrow....must mean thyroid is now a problem..and that might explain why I have been so sluggish...
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #55  

Sorry about your test news Rhonda, I got the results of my bone density test today, and I have osteopenia (precursor to osteoporosis) in my hips and spine Right now the doctor's recommendation is weight bearing exercise. I am doing some research on diet, and I have started a multivitamin. If your thyroid is low, that is usually an easy fix. Keep us posted!

luv2clog, I switch back and forth. The trick with simply filling is to eat only until you are satisfied and stop.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a good night
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #56  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Thanks Ladies for the advice. I think I will try to eat the "Simply Filling" plan this week and see how that goes. All they talk about in the meetings is the Point System. Makes you wonder why you go......
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #57  

luv, I always did simply filling, and you are right, they promote the points.

sloan, I have potted flowers on our porch and we planted one rose bush. We haven't done any landscaping and I think we need to focus on that. Just seems like other things are more important.

Rhonda, hope things aren't too bad with your blood work.

I was getting dress on Sunday and did something to my back. I heard a pop and could not stand up or on my left foot. Ended up in the ER. Dr. said nothing was broke but I did something to my SI joint. I am still not able to walk and have been using a wheel chair to get from bed to toilet. I am on 800 mg ibuprofen for inflammation and vicodin for pain. I have no tolerance for pills but the vicodin is not working at all. Dr said no sitting, I can't walk and to lay on side not hurt. I need help getting in an upright position, etc. I have always had back problems, but this time is different. Dr. seems to think I separated the SI joint from my pelvis. Thank God my husband was here with me. If I had been alone, I would still be in the bathroom, leaning on the tub for support until someone found me. I was unable to move.

I was not able to do my WI on Monday.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #58  

chicks !!!!!

More later
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #59  

Pam, get your doc to write orders for physical therapy. There are tons of correction exercises for SI joint dysfunction, also, a chiropractor can do wonders. I had the same type of incident, and had to have DS come pick me up at school. He virtually carried me in to the chiropractor's office, and she had me walking with minimal pain by the end of the visit. I also suggest doing some research about SI joint dysfunction on the internet. There is a lot of info out there. Hope you feel better soon!

Setting up the pool today
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #60  
focused and aiming

Pam, I am so sorry you're having so much pain. I hope you get relief soon.

Rhonda, I like what Sloan said about thyroid being an easy fix. I want you fixed, Cuz!

Luv, we are all doing different programs right now. Pick and choose and see what works best for you. Where in Texas are you? I'm southwest of Fort Worth and Rhonda is north of Fort Worth.

Had a great time at the pool today then went to WW. I'm down another 2.6. Life is good.