Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #16  

Morning chicks. It's a beautiful day.

Sandra, the grands probably like it less crowded. Great award coming from them and I have to agree. You are the best. Good luck today.

Rhonda, I've never been but my husband used to attend viewings when he was working. Sometimes they last a week or longer. I've just been trying to stop the continuous snacking.

Vickie, hope Brodie gets a good report. I'm really proud of you. You've been doing really well. 5 lbs is very impressive. You rock.

I made a quick light snack last night. Saw it on FB. Coconut water, banana, pineapple, vanilla and ginger. I made one serving in my mini chopper. You freeze the banana and pineapple so it's almost like an ice cream or sherbert.

I am at a standstill on my chair. None of my long needles will penetrate through the batting to attach my buttons. I will get one on my next trip into the bigger city. I'm making a small pillow in the meantime.

Nancy, how many pieces did you eat?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Pam, that snack sounds really good. Good luck with your sewing.

I gave up 7 vials of blood today for routine testing, and today I'm going to eat whatever and whenever!

The day here is strange. There is bad wether north of us, but we have cloudy skies that look like rain with no rain predicted....cool is nice though.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, are your tests routine or did I miss something? We already could use more rain. Maybe we'll gt some later this week.

Pam, that snack sounds good. Could you post the recipe for us?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I hope you get some good news about Brodie. Oh, the stress! I'm so sorry and am really really hoping for the best.

Nancy, pizza sounds good to me. I'm probably lucky they don't deliver out where we live. Or do they? Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Guess what happened today. Curtis is working with a 13 yo young man. His mother runs a donut shop. Need I say more. I only ate 1 and have journaled it. Don't know what this will do to my wi this evening. Sigh........
Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #20  

http://barefeetinthekitchen.blogspot...ice-cream.html .........recipe for smoothie/ice cream

i used to love donuts and we used to take turns bringing them in, when i worked. I can't remember the last time I had one. Maybe 15 yrs. I loved glazed donuts.

Sandra, you will be fine, you have counted the points. I was down a little more this morning, so I lost 6 lbs. Can't tell in my clothes but my stomach is not sticking out as far. It's still out there, just closer to home, lol
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #21  

Catching up with things at the house, returned the UHaul after getting the dog house off ( with help) Had another showing today..

I haven't heard from the Sunday people, I think I will tell my realtor to not tell me about these "offer on the way" people. It gets my hopes up.
Just tell me when there really is an offer.

Vickie..did you get feedback at the Vet today ??

Pam..I ate 3 pieces, and not all that great today either..Time to get
back on track..

Vickie & Pam..way to go with the 5 lbs !!! That is great..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you. I am hanging in there. I just lost .2 this week but that's better than a gain. Thank you for the link.

Nancy, I agree with you on not having your realtor getting your hopes up. That has to be stressful.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #23  

just routine blood work..

went to 2 jazz shows tonight---off to bed!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

That's good. Hope you had a good night's sleep.

I'm home from getting allergy shots and also from getting my hair trimmed. Just finished some watermelon. It was yummy!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #25  

I made a dinner of turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce today, just for the heck of it. It was very tasty.

So, tomorrow we start tap practice again, after a month off. I wonder how my foot will do?

We've been watching more sessions of Through the Wormhole, narrated by Morgan Freeman. If you don't know about this series, you must check into it...mind expanding and bending.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda, you and I are living parallel lives. I have just been to the doctor and had blood drawn (routine physical), and I have also just made turkey and dressing! Great minds think alike!

Nancy, good luck with your showings. Have you been able to enjoy your pool? Middle Tennessee weather has been crazy, so we have not been in ours, yet.

Sandra, your watermelon sounds good. DH was just saying that we need to start our summer watermelon marathon!

Pam, that smoothie sounds really good!

Vickie, I have lost only one pound, but I have been a little wishy-washy. How are you doing this week? How is Brodie?

Where is Maryann?

I have just had an epiphany. Sugar makes my blood pressure go up. You may already know that sugar can increase blood pressure, but I had never really seen this in action. DS had a birthday on Tuesday, and I ate an obscene amount of cake that had loads of buttercream icing. I made it, so I know exactly what went into the icing, 2 pounds of confectioner's sugar and one pound of butter. I had my physical on Wednesday, and my blood pressure was 144/87. My blood pressure is never that high. I know it stayed elevated because I checked it last night, too. This morning, it was back to normal. Just another reason to stay away from fattening food. Not only does it make you gain weight in the long run, it has an immediate effect on your blood pressure!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Turkey and dressing sound really really good. I had meatloaf today with the grands. We had a girls' day out shopping then lunch. Life is good.

Rhonda, I hope your foot holds up well.

Sloan, that's interesting about sugar and bp. Thank you for sharing.

I just finished watching all 4 seasons of "The Tudors." Now I'm wanting more!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #28  

Now I am craving turkey & dressing !!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #29  

Well, if Sloan and I both think turkey and dressing is a good idea, it has to be!

Sugar makes blood pressure go up? I have never heard that--one more reason not to eat it.

I've had a really busy day and am so tired. My foot started cramping after tap practice, but it's not hurting now.

I've got to get the Tudors!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I have been doing some research, and I have read several articles published on reputable websites such as the National Institutes of Health and Mayo Clinic that link ingestion of fructose and sucrose to hypertension. I had never heard of it either, but after putting two and two together, I started researching, and that is what I found. I think one of the articles said that having a high salt/high sugar meal was worse than high salt alone. So.....no fat no salt no sugar What's a girl to do?

If you use core cornbread, you can make turkey and dressing that is core. I sautéed my onions and celery in water, and I used low sodium/low fat broth. All in all, I think my dish was pretty close to, if not 100%, core.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote