Chat: Core/Simply Filling: May 16-31

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Hey Chicks! Look at this site I found. It has restaurants and some suggestions for lighter dishes to have there. I think there is even the information needed to compute points. My salad is too new to be listed.

http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/home

Anyone want to take a crack at helping me compute mine? I really won't be able to tell until I see how many nuts and how much cheese they put on.

New! Roasted Beet Salad
    Candied beets, spinach, romaine, mandarin oranges, and red onions tosed in mandarin orange vinaigrette with spiced pecans and goat cheese.

Normally the beets would be free but I'll have to compute something for them. Maybe 2 points. Then 2-3 points for the pecans since I'm guessing there will be 7-10. 3 points for an oz of goat cheese. And, maybe 4 points for 4T of dressing? Unless it's really sweet or fatty then more? I HATE this part. Maybe 15 points for the salad and call it a day? I'm guessing I'll want some pita squares or something with it but I'll have to see if I have points left by then. I do get a ridiculous amount of points a day.
  • Vickie, your salad sounds yummy. Your calculations sound good to me. Thank you for the website. I'm going to bookmark it.

Enjoy the movie!!

We're home. Several of the folks that were there shooting are coming on out here in a few minutes. It's a good day. Tomorrow we'll be going to awards for Alexa (10 yo dgg) then we'll just piddle around the rest of the day.

Ya'll enjoy your Thursday.
  • Hey Vickie, are you using e-tools? It is very helpful for tracking. If you don't have a smart phone, you can still use e-tools online. Let me know what you think. I had a "not so great" evening and a very bad morning, eating wise, but I refuse to give up. I will continue to track and try to stay within my points. Hang in there, we can do this!

Just got home from a busy day, so I have to get off here. May be back later.
  • good evening chickies.

Vickie, I think you are safe with your 15 pts. The salad sounds yummy except for the beets. Was forced to eat them as a child and now I hate them. I'm sure they are good, but bad memories, so won't even try them.

Sandra, sounds like a full day. Enjoy.

I finally got all the staples out of the chair and was able to get it painted and ready for fabric. I hope it turns out nice. I'm excited. I ordered a double welt foot for my sewing machine and have to wait on it before I can start covering the chair. DH comes home on Sunday. Seems like a long week and his dad has kept him very busy. From roofing to painting to landscaping. But, it helps pass the time for him. It's starting to take a toll on him running there every month for a week or more. Seems like we are always apart.

Have a good evening. I'm done for the day and need to relax
  • Pam, how far away is your DH driving to be with his parents? A week a month does seem like a lot of time apart. Ya'll hang in there.

I have done well pointswise today. I'm going to have some Ranier cherries in a bit. That'll be it for the day for me.

Tomorrow we're going to Alexa's awards ceremony. After that Curtis and I will go to lunch then to see "After Earth." I'm looking forward to our date.
  • The salad sounds like it has a sweetness to it--candied beets and oranges. I don't care for beets either. There are few foods I don't like, but that's one.

We did not get hail, and not much rain... but, a lot of wind, sending the rain in sheets at an angle.

I've been in a fog all day because I didn't sleep well last night. But, I did go to the gym and took my great niece out, as I usually do on Thursdays. I also planted some Lantana and Penta in a flower bed--looks pretty.

Good luck with your sewing project, Pam. I bought a machine when I moved here and haven't sewn one thing

My eating has been good today--I even did NOT eat a hamburger when DH had one.
  • My eating has been good today too..

Beets are one of the few foods I don't like either along with those pickled eggs
    Robin used to make.

I was going to bed early but my cat has gone hunting again tonight, so I can't sleep until he is back in safe & sound..

Leaving for the mountains in the morning after taking my cat to the vet to board. Maybe he overheard that plan & has run away
  • Morning chicks. Got up early today. Sunny, but maybe rain later in the day.

Sandra, it's a 4 hr drive to his parents. The sisters go home at night and he isn't able to do that. They aren't away from their spouses. It's hard and he's doing what he can to help his sisters. We have a 42 acre farm and with him being gone, it's makes it hard to catch up when he gets home.

Rhonda, where did you and your neice go? Great job declining the burger.

Nancy, have fun in the mts. Hope your kitty came home.

I think I lost a couple ponds. Working on that chair, I forget to eat. Plus, there is nothing here to snack on
  • Good Morning Chicks! I was up early too but sat in the recliner in our room with my iPad until 6:15 when Mr. Brodie wanted out of his crate.

I'm doing well on program. The beet salad was nasty yesterday and I returned it. I ended up with a chopped salad that was just ok and not what I wanted. Sigh. Trying to make food be not so important, but it isn't easy.

I love beets and always have. I like most root veggies probably because I grew up on them. Beets have a really earthy flavor that some people don't like. I love liver too. I was eating this stuff and liking it before I realized that most people don't like them. I'll eat beets plain, pickled, harvard....you name it!

Sandra, sounds like you have a fun and relaxing day planned. What is Alexa being awarded for? I loved Ironman 3 but Jim didn't like it as much as the first two. He thought there wasn't enough witty banter. I'm upset that I never made it to see 42 and now it's left the theater. I guess I'll have to rent it at RedBox. I think After Earth would scare me. I forget that it's just make believe.

Sloan, I am using etools. It was the big attraction for me to signing up online. I'm tracking on my desktop and am also using the app. I'm still stumbling around a bit but it's working ok. Tracking is what keeps me on program. I'm mad at myself and WW though, because I created a whole new account not realizing that I would not have access to all the old Core recipes that I sat and painstakingly entered into recipe builder. I called today and asked them if they could link them and they said no unless I dumped what I've already input this week. Ridiculous. I said no. I hope today is less busy and stressful for you.

Pam, your husband is being a great Son and you are certainly doing your share by being without him for such a long period of time. Will this be ongoing? Can't wait to see that chair. I'm constantly amazed at what folks can do. I have no imagination when it comes to that stuff. Maybe I'll forget to eat also when I'm sitting and re-entering all those WW recipes into Recipe Builder!

Rhonda, I hope you slept better last night. I sure didn't. Congratulations on not having a burger. When my salad was a bust, there were a few moments when I was reordering that I could have gone astray. This is a meal to meal decision.

Nancy, you too....all the beet haters here. Pretty funny! Hope you found your kitty and are on your way to a fun time.

Well gotta run....or walk on the treadmill and then head out for errands. Having leftover Chicken Enchilada Bake and have to enter it into Recipe Builder so I can see how many points I have available for lunch.

This is work!
  • Hey y'all! I am loving the beet discussion. I am a beet lover, too, Vickie! Have to pass on the liver, though. I think today I will eat simply filling and see how the tracker works for that. I have been really hungry which is unusual for me.

Pam, I admire your husband. I have a brother who lives near my mother, and he doesn't even see her once a month. She does not need constant help, though. My sister, other brother, and I see my mother several times a week just to visit. She still drives and gets out with friends, too. Hang in there!

Rhonda, I have been planting some flowers, too. Way to go on the "hamburger avoidance".

Sandra, how was After Earth?

Nancy, be careful and have a great trip!

Hi, Maryann!
  • Just typed a long message and sent it to cyberspace. Mainly I'm saying I love pickled beets. I also love cheeseburgers. I had one Tuesday for lunch. I did have mustard instead of mayo, though.

Those of you who still have parents are blessed. Pam, that is a blessing that your hubby and his sisters are working together. Give him an atta boy. I do understand the stress all this time away from home is having on ya'll, though.

Nancy, have fun in the mountains. I really miss the mountains.

We're leaving in about 10 minutes to go see "After Earth."

Alexa, got some reading and math awards this morning. Of course, she got "most adorable granddaughter" award from PaPa and MeeMaw.

Rhonda, we got a lot of wind, too, and just a quarter inch of rain. Looks a little like rain today but I hear tomorrow's our best chance.

Vickie, I'm learning more about etools, too. I wish I had an Iphone or some other phone that is more up to date so I could use it to help me. Maybe some day......

Ya'll have a great day.
  • Hi y'all! The Oklahoma City tornadoes that hit tonight went right through the town where my daughter lives. She and her husband weathered the storm in an underground shelter and are safe. I am so ready for them to move!!!
  • My cousins were in underground shelters too....what a mess this year, poor souls.
  • Good Morning Chicks! SOOOO upset for the OK folks. Rhonda and Sloan, I'm thankful that your family members are safe and sound. I lived through an F4 in Oak Lawn, IL back in the 60's and it was the single most frightening experience of my life. We lost nothing but the experience and that eerie green sky and weird sulfur smell is something I will never forget. April 21, 1967 and it killed 35 people. It happened during rush hour and 16 of the people killed were sitting stranded at an innersection trying to get home from work. I was 11 years old and my Dad wasn't home from work yet. Now...whenever there is a tornado warning, still to this day it makes me anxious and sick to my stomach. Our basement is not fixed up but I probably should do a corner because I'm always trying to drag Jim and the dog down there during storms. He doesn't want to sit in a dirty dark basement! Ugh....part of life in the Midwest.

Sandra, I'm an Apple product girl and love my iPhone. Even my desktop is Apple. It's an expense but I love being able to multi-task no matter where I am. The desktop WW application is still pretty good though. You're using that aren't you?

Not sure if I can walk today. My foot/heel spurs took 5 days in a row but I may rest it today and resume tomorrow. Allergies here are crazy too because of all the rain. I've got my house closed up and the air on just to keep the pollens out.

Thinking about making Chicken Cacciatore tonight with whole wheat pasta, some veggies, and homemade applesauce. Jim is craving tomato products but I've been avoiding them and spicy foods because my hernia has been acting up for so long. It even sounds good to me.

What are the plans for the weekend? We have none!
  • The storms that were in the Mid-west are moving toward Middle Tennessee, so it is cloudy here today. The weather is nice right now, though. I have been sitting on my porch working on a paper for my college class, but it is time to go in. The temp is definitely going up. My weekend will consist of the cleaning and organizing that I neglected during the school year. Not much fun but satisfying

Vickie, I am hanging in there on WW. How are you doing? Your experience with the tornado sounds very scary!

Rhonda, hope all is well with your relatives. DD and SIL did not have any damage but do not have electricity. Not too bad, considering.

Sandra, how was the movie?

Pam, Maryann, and Nancy

TTFN