Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Vickie, I think it's half a cup for a serving. Congratulations on joining WW on-line. I hope it helps.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Sorry, about your sadness, Sloan. It's so hard to lose our loved ones. (And, yes, my friend and I are really close and will do anything for the other.)

I worked out with the trainer yesterday and in the garden for three hours today. I dug an additional butterfly garden. I am so sore I can hardly mover.

But, I did make a dinner of grilled ham steak, mustard greens, and corn bread. Tasty. I'm now going to do absolutely nothing.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #77  

Vickie..My cousin is doing the ww points & my sister in law lost 23 lbs in about 4 months I think..You can do it..Summer will give you lots of fresh fruit & veggie choices..

I had a wonderful time with my grandson today..We got new tires this morning,
did yard work, swam, went to eat & went to see a movie (Epic).

The same people are asking my realtor lots of questions about the property, so at least I know they are still interested..

I may go to the mnts with a friend & her family this weekend but we are still
trying to find a place..

I am headed to bed early tonight and may watch a movie in bed. I love my netflix movies..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Vickie, I joined WW online this morning! We must have been on the same wavelength I, like you, had to do something! I think having access to the iPhone apps will be really helpful for me. I agree with 1/2 cup being a serving. Also, all fresh fruits should be zero points. Good luck to us both!!

Rhonda, thanks for the kind words The butterfly garden sounds awesome! I have a butterfly bush and love watching the butterflies that it attracts. What plants will you have in your garden?

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #79  

Rhonda..you get so much done !! When you say you dug a butterfly garden , does that mean planting butterfly friendly flowers/shrubs ??

I may start doing WW instead of low carb..Not eating fruit right now is not working for me ..

Last edited by nancy237; 05-28-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #80  

Yes, Nancy....it's plants that attract butterflies and bees. I'll give you all a list tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #81  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! This is hard. Feeling sorry for myself. I'll get over it soon. Day 3 and I'm hungry. Apparently, I was eating a lot more than I could admit.

Ready to go on the treadmill in a few minutes but wanted to stop in an say hello. Thanks for the information on the serving sizes. I guess I'll be eating more fruit than I normally would to try to help me get over my hunger.

Sloan, funny we both went for that special offer they just gave. I hope at the end of the 3 months we'll be doing so well that we'll both want to extend our membership. I'm tracking because it is the only way I can be successful.

Nancy, Sloan and I would love you on WW with us. I could live my life without fruit which is probably a good part of the reason that I weigh what I do. You sound busy and happy. Those are good things!

Rhonda, 3 hours.....W O W....I walked for 15 minutes and then went to Sam's, Costco, and Super Target. I was beat when we got home. How out of shape am I? I am always so impressed with you.

Sandra, I just finished re-reading Catching Fire while walking on the treadmill. You are my Katniss! Hope you're enjoying the kids and looking forward to your summer.

Pam, as I said on FB....I cannot wait to see the before and after on the chair. You are amazing. I have no vision. And, while you're working on the chair, you won't be eating.

Mary Ann, I hope you got that refrigerator fixed. I just had Sears here on my microwave. Now that we ordered replacement windows and will be buying a new car in August, there is NO money for new appliances.

Off to the treadmill!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #82  

I finally saw movement on the scales in the right direction despite some
cheat carbs at our cookout, so I am sticking to the low carb another week before trying WW with some fruit..

Vickie...Third day is the hardest for me ..but I bet it gets easier afterwards..
What about some protein to help you hang in there, or broth..

Last edited by nancy237; 05-29-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #83  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm doing WW points plus now, too.

I am trying out some new snacks that are low point. We have sugar free popsicles that are 3 for 1 pt. The brand is Blue Bell. I don't think you have Blue Bell, but I'm sure there are other brands just as tasty. Also, at Walmart there's Sugar Free Miss Lulu's Jello--also 3 for 1 pt. I'm having mine sometimes with strawberries and a little Light Redi Whip. One squirt of the Redi Whip is 0 pts.

Quaker Popped Chips are low points. I'm eating them (salsa flavored) with salsa or Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus. Also, there are Sensible Portions Cinnamon Apple Straws that are 38 straws for 3 pts. Nineteen straws take care of my sweet tooth. I've also bought Ranch Flavored Straws but haven't tasted them yet.

Blue Diamond Chocolate Dusted Almonds are good, too. One full serving is 5 pts, but half a serving (12 nuts) is plenty. Curtis eats them more than I do. I'm hovering around those lower point snacks.

I got all these ideas from friends who are on WW. Love the networking!! Oh! There's a low carb tortilla that's 1 pt. LaTortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb (7 g fiber).

I've also added more protein to my bfasts. That's helping keep me satisfied till lunch. (That's where the tortillas come in sometimes. I eat a scrambled egg wrap with 1 point of bacon) Sometimes I eat a WW bfast sandwich. Anyway, protein at bfast really helps curb appetite.

I hope ya'll don't mind me telling you all this. I'm just so excited about these low point snacks and what I'm doing for bfast.

Best of luck to each of you. We can do this. We've done it before.

And, Oh! I'm finished tutoring. The other tutor and I decided yesterday was the end. The kids were good for us, but their hearts weren't into tutoring. They needed to be with their classmates and teachers since school's almost out for the summer.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the recommendations, Sandra. I, like Vickie, seem to be very hungry today. Not sure why. I have had protein for both breakfast and lunch, but still have a growling stomach
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I hope you get over your hunger. I just finished my 2nd popsicle.

I forgot to post this: Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread. 1 slice + 1 pt.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #86  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I am honored to be your "Katniss." I'm planning to start training again now that I'm finished tutoring. Our next big tournament is August.

Rhonda, your butterflies should be very happy, lucky little critters.

Nancy, glad those folks are still interested. Fingers crossed!!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #87  

Headed to a mountain cabin for the weekend with a good friend and her family.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #88  

Have fun Nancy..

thunderstorms, and I'm off here...back tomorrow

Last edited by Tejas; 05-29-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #89  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, did you get any hail? All we got was rain. (Happy about that!)

Nancy, have a good weekend.

We're meeting some folks at the archery center at 10. Got to go. Have a great day!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #90  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Day 4 and hanging in there. Had a horrible headache but I'm guessing that is detox. I peeked at the scale and at least it is moving. I'm strong in the beginning, it's endurance that I have a problem with.

Sounds like we are all doing fairly well.

Rhonda, I hope your storms were not severe.

Have fun Sandra at the center.

Nancy, more protein would be a good idea but I'm lazy in the morning and don't want to cook. I eat Kashi Island Vanilla and love it. I upped my serving size this morning from 27 to 38 biscuits. It cost me 2 more points but it was worth it. I had a couple of points left last night so I just need to get the hang of it again.

Hey to Sloan, Pam, and Mary Ann.

I'm finally getting to see Ironman 3 today. Our theater has a $5 special once the movies are out a while so I'm happy for that! I'll bring water and a small bar in my purse. We are going out for dinner afterwards. I'm out of practice calculating things but I've already decided what I will have. Just need to figure out the points.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote