3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) April 1-15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/278838-weekly-chat-simply-filling-core-april-1-15-a.html)

Tejas 04-01-2013 07:18 AM

Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) April 1-15

New Pages! :carrot:

Tejas 04-01-2013 07:23 AM

watch out for the tricksters today!!

I was awake at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep but I enjoy the quiet of the mornings. The kitchen is a mess, but I couldn't care much less right now. It will be there hours from now :lol:

Nancy, you'll conquer that sorting struggle yet! And, that little boy is a joy, full of stories and lots of talk. His mom is one of the people who resigned from the board, along with me and 5 others.

ontarget 04-01-2013 03:11 PM

Hellooooooo. I'm here and am back on program. Now I need to stay in both places. :lol:

Rhonda, let us know what you find out at the podiatrist's.

Curtis took me to the doctor this morning to get my 2nd month's serum for my allergy shots. He's outside riding the mower now. It's a beautiful spring day.

Tejas 04-01-2013 06:47 PM

Maybe good news. The 2 docs agree that the problem is the sesmoids and we're going to try orthotics first. I got new ones and so far, it's much better. It hurts from all the manipulation of it this morning, but the pressure relief was immediate.

I'll be OP tomorrow; I hear it's another day :lol:

It's a beautiful day here and the rain starts tonight I hear---for 2-3 days they say.

ontarget 04-01-2013 09:40 PM

Rhonda, glad you're getting some relief. And yippee on the rain coming. I'm ready!!

Tejas 04-01-2013 11:45 PM

tornados in NW TExas, hail, etc....just T storms for us, beginning around midnight they say. That gives me a few hours to nap before it all wakes me up :lol:

Tejas 04-02-2013 07:40 AM

no storms yet, but possibility is increasing to 70% in a few hours.

Tejas 04-02-2013 11:54 AM

where is my rain :tantrum:

nancy237 04-02-2013 12:14 PM

Rhonda..hoping your weather isn't severe today..

Ooops...I messed up my good eating streak with :jeno: last night & hashbrowns this morning...My son & grandson were here ..back on track today..

Last night our power was off along with 2 neighbors on our little road.
We did pizza by candlelight and played board games ...
This super nice power company worker kept letting us know the status
as they worked for hours in front of our house on the transformer box..
About midnight he told me that my neighbor had yelled at him because
their power kept flickering on & off as they worked and he thought they should warn him each time..How embarrassing to have neighbors like that..I told him they were like heroes to me to be out that late working hard at something dangerous to get our power back on..

Son, grandson , myself, cat & dog all camped out in the living room last night ..I love doing that..The kids went fishing a few minutes ago and I stayed home to clean up .
I usually go with them but thought they could use some time alone..

ontarget 04-02-2013 03:36 PM

Nancy, I love reading about what you and your family are doing. And pizza sounds good, too.

nancy237 04-02-2013 05:43 PM

Oh dear..
That hot doughnut I just ate is not going to help me get back on track !!!
:cbg:

Last cheat !!!!

ontarget 04-02-2013 06:23 PM

:yikes:

Tejas 04-02-2013 10:55 PM

Camping out in the LR sounds like fun.

Hot donuts!!! I wish.

We finally got a tiny bit of rain, with more predicted.

nancy237 04-02-2013 11:33 PM

Good grief..why do carbs make me crave more carbs ??
This entire day has been poor food choices..We are not even going to
talk about dinner at a mexican restaurant...

Okay, tomorrow is a new day..
I need to ***focus***

Tejas 04-03-2013 10:35 AM

carbs, fat, sugar---- more more more :faint: I know the problem. FOCUS!

ontarget 04-03-2013 12:08 PM

I thought spiraling was supposed to be downward. My weight is spiraling upward. :dizzy:

sloanie 04-03-2013 05:13 PM

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:
Focus, focus, it's our plan, if we can't focus, nobody can!!!!

ontarget 04-03-2013 05:23 PM

:cheer:

Thank you, Sloan. I needed that.

nancy237 04-03-2013 07:31 PM

Thanks Sloan...I needed that..

Today I am back on track..

I just saw that there is a new South Beach book coming out
about gluten ..I think its called The Gluten Solution..It will be interesting to see
what it says..

Tejas 04-03-2013 10:49 PM

'night all!

Vickie 04-04-2013 06:33 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Off to babysit my Godchild who is home sick so her parents can go to work.

Have a great day! I'm going to have a long day since I already had a lot planned.

Tejas 04-04-2013 01:17 PM

Good deed there Vickie.

I woke up today with new motivation. I'm off to the gym, and my eating has been absolutely clean and OP.

ontarget 04-04-2013 01:17 PM

I'm still home sick. Been sick since Saturday. This time it's a cold not allergies. Curtis is a good doctor.

Tejas 04-04-2013 11:08 PM

So sorry, Sandy...I hope your feel better soon.

I've been good about eating today. :woohoo:

ontarget 04-05-2013 01:29 PM

A perk of being sick is my weight has come back down to where it was. (still too high but better than it was the other day)

Rhonda, :woohoo: on being focused.

nancy237 04-05-2013 08:34 PM

Sandra ..Feel better !!!!:)

I decided that I am going to make ahead more lunches to freeze. I already do Vegetable Soup, Vegetable lasagna & Diet Coke Sloppy Joes..

If I can do a protein shake or eggs for breakfast and a homemade frozen
entree for lunch then I think dinner will be easier because I am more motivated to cook something healthy at night.

Do you guys have any recipes that are low carb & wheat free..I can find
some online I think..Maybe a vegetable chili ??

My nephew & grandson helped me all day with burn piles and yard work..
We are all exhausted.. My nephew decided to spend spring break at my house to help me !!

ontarget 04-05-2013 09:10 PM

Nancy, have you googled for recipes? Just an idea.

My tummy has shrunk. My appetite is back today so I must be better. I had a harder time with snacking this evening. One thing that helped is we are low on groceries. I'm going to the store in the morning.

Tejas 04-05-2013 10:34 PM

I made a great early dinner tonight...poached wild caught salmon and broccoli--dh also had potatoes and rolls...

I'm very tired today though and going to bed a bit early.

Tomorrow is my great-niece's 9th birthday....she's a sweetie!

nancy237 04-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 4695566)
Nancy, have you googled for recipes? Just an idea.

Thanks Sandra..I love recipe surfing as I call it..
Finding online recipes..
I was just wondering if you guys had any favorite freezable
recipes..I think Sloan cooks & freezes some.
South Beach is coming out with a new cookbook soon that is
Gluten Free.. That should be helpful..

ontarget 04-06-2013 10:29 AM

Nancy, I think you're right. Sloan prob has a lot of good recipes.

I'm weak this morning but will go buy groceries.

ontarget 04-06-2013 02:37 PM

Nature's wonderful. We have our first hummingbird of the season. Just
saw it.

ontarget 04-06-2013 09:46 PM

And a red-headed woodpecker and a duck on the pond.

nancy237 04-07-2013 12:35 AM

I don't know if I mentioned it but my 20 year old nephew decided to spend
his spring break with me and help in the yard & my grandson has been here almost his whole spring break..So I am loving having boys around like old times !! Today after working on the yard & pool we grilled steaks and then watched Anaconda..My grandson will probably have snake dreams ;)
It was one of his first horror movies, but I think he was ready..

I am maintaining my 143 by just eating healthy right now. If I can keep that up I will try for losing 5 more pounds in a few weeks..

Tejas 04-07-2013 12:53 AM

haven't seen hummers yet...but lots of woodpeckers.

Nancy, glad you've got your boys around.

I went to see the local community theatre's production of The King and I--it was great!

beach bum 04-07-2013 07:40 AM

HI LADIES:)

I'M BACK AND HAD A WONDERFUL VISIT WITH MY DAUGHTER AND SISTER.
BUT I'M VERY TIRED WITH ALL THE WALKING I HAD TO DO GOING TO THE BUS AND THE TRAINS. THE PLATFORMS SEEMS TO BE GETTING LONGER EACH VISIT,OR I'M GETTING OLDER AND MY KNEES CAN'T TAKE THE WALKING AND CLIMBING THE STAIRS.

GOT BACK ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS BUT COULDN'T GET ONTO THE BOARD UNTIL NOW. I HAD A BUSY DAY ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY,HAD TO GROCERY SHOP AS I HAD NOTHING IN THE HOUSE. BOY DID I GAIN WITH ALL THE FOOD MY SISTER AND DAUGHTER MADE. I WAS UP 5 LBS WHEN I GOT HOME BUT BROUGHT IT BACK TO 150 AGAIN THIS MORNING.

OTHERWISE NOTHING NEW, NOT GOING TO THE MOVIES THIS WEEKEND AS THE FILMS ARE NOT TO OUR LIKING SO MARY & I ARE GOING TO THE COONIE TONIGHT AT 5 PM,AS I'M GOING TO THE DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET HELD IN ST ANTONY'S WITH SOME OF MY ROSARIAN FRIENDS.

WILL READ YOUR POSTS AND WILL GET BACK TO YOU SOME TIME TODAY OR ON MONDAY.

Have a great day

sloanie 04-07-2013 08:40 AM

Welcome back, Maryann!

Nancy,are you looking for core recipes to freeze?

Tejas 04-07-2013 09:08 AM

Welcome home, Maryann.

I'm feeling motivated about food--the elliptical? not so much :lol:

ontarget 04-07-2013 10:38 AM

Welcome home, Maryann.

Nancy, enjoy your guys. Congratulations on being at 143.

Rhonda, you sound motivated. You go, girl!

We're going to church in a few minutes. The plan is for us to sit in the foyer. I don't feel like being in a crowd because of my coughing. Plus, I still don't feel 100%. We'll see if I make it through the service. My diagnosis is I have had walking pneumonia. But I don't have a certificate on a wall.

nancy237 04-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloanie (Post 4696848)
Nancy,are you looking for core recipes to freeze?

Yes, I do wheat free but I can convert most recipes if they have pasta or flour in them..

Tejas 04-07-2013 06:53 PM

Sandra! take care of yourself :hug: