3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 16-31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/277777-weekly-chat-simply-filling-core-march-16-31-a.html)

Tejas 03-16-2013 02:11 PM

Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 16-31

New pages....don't forget to check back for posts you might have missed!

Tejas 03-16-2013 02:12 PM

It's a gorgeous day here in NC Texas...except for the flying insects that are welcoming spring! We're already monitoring for West Nile!

Tejas 03-17-2013 12:03 AM

yoo hoo...where is everyone?

I hope you've had a good day!

nancy237 03-17-2013 04:23 PM

Not much going on at my house..

I went to church with my daughter & son in law...My son in law was baptized
today and has really made lots of good changes lately..Proud of him..

We went to eat lunch and my pecan crusted chicken & spinach salad wasn't
all that great..

Planning a lazy evening watching the TV and reading..

sloanie 03-17-2013 04:46 PM

I have been working on a business proposal, visual aid, and speech for my college class for about 15 hours. Am I a perfectionist or what? My DD who has been in college recently assures me that the time I have spent is not unusual, but I am not sure. I can tell you this, I am exhausted and have resorted to drinking wine :cheers:

Tejas 03-17-2013 05:30 PM

wine is always good...

I could spend 15 hours on presentations, but it's too much :lol:

Not much going on here either, Nancy...but, I'm going out to buy a new watercolor brush...

Vickie 03-18-2013 11:16 AM

Hi Chicks! I'm getting ready to go out this evening for some fun time with my friends. Not sure my stomach is up to it, but it is really all about the company. Trying to eat to live instead of living to eat. We are going to Sweet Tomatoes which is a salad bar with wonderful breads and soups as well.

It's sleeting and snowing here...again. Doesn't Mother Nature know it's Spring?

Be well.

ontarget 03-18-2013 11:47 AM

Hi there. We've been busy this weekend with a tournament. Today Curtis has gone fishing with a friend. I'm getting ready to run some errands then kick back. My food has been out of kilter, but I am refocused. (I was thinking of Sloan's cheer. Thank you, Sloan. It helps.)

Vickie, I hope you enjoy your evening out with friends. It's hard for me to imagine snow. I'm sunburned. I miss snow. Wish we had gotten some this winter but we didn't. I think Rhonda did, though.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Sounds like you enjoyed a peaceful weekend.

Nancy, that's a big occasion. I'm happy for your grandson and for all of you, too. Sorry about your chicken.

Sloan, is your presentation today? How did it go?

Guess I'd best get off here. I'm ready for lunch then off to town.

Have a great day, all.

sloanie 03-18-2013 02:20 PM

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2: Sandra, my presentation is tonight. Class starts at 6pm. I'll let you know how it goes :dizzy:

ontarget 03-18-2013 03:48 PM

Sloan, ;) ;) ;) ;) and thanks for the :cheer: I'll be watching for your post. Break a leg, my friend!

nancy237 03-18-2013 06:30 PM

Just had my tax meeting and I like what I found out...

I think I need to quit making up my own diets..It's not working...
I am going to do Southbeach , starting tomorrow..
Not "my version" of it, but the real deal..

Headed off to Bible Study in a few minutes..

Either tonight or in the morning I am going to get my files organized..
I realize the need for this every year right after I pull together
my tax stuff LOL...

Tejas 03-18-2013 11:16 PM

I spent a lot of time outside today, raking and bagging leaves. And, I did all that after my workout :lol: There is more to do, of course.

I went to a church board meeting tonight and did something I've never done in my life--I resigned. I don't want to put details on a public site, but I did not think due process was being followed, saw no hope for fixing it, and just said to myself that I just don't need it. I am not the only one who left, so we have a local mess.

i have not lost any more weight, but my eating is really good. I simply need to get back to the elliptical routinely.

sloanie 03-18-2013 11:23 PM

:carrot::carrot::dance::cb::dance::carrot::carrot: 100% on my presentation! Hope the written grade is as good as the presentation grade :dizzy:

Thanks, Sandra!

Rhonda, sorry about your church issues.

Nancy, congrats on your good tax news!

Hey Vickie, 70 degrees here this weekend; now snow is predicted for tomorrow night!

ontarget 03-19-2013 10:54 AM

Sloan :woohoo: :woohoo:
:woohoo:
:woohoo:
Congratulations on a job well done. Now don't you feel better that it's over?

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your church issues. We went through that over a year ago. It hurts.

Nancy, we're doing the same as you trying to organize for taxes. Curtis has taught me a lot about organization. I guess having his own business for years taught him. I'm doing WW online.

We have a guy coming out to plant some trees today. He was due at 8, called at 7:42, said he's coming at 10. Not a good start.

My eating has been full of chocolate and other goodies. I'm doing better today. I have a pot of pinto beans/ham on the stove and will make cornbread for Curtis. I may make some WW core n pones for me. I need to check pts for cornmeal.

Tejas 03-19-2013 06:10 PM

Wow, Sloan...that's fantastic!!! You rock!!

Sandra, I hope the trees got planted today. I'm headed out to do more raking in a few minutes, then going to art class.

I may go back to teaching a course or so. I'll let you know if it works out---but, I did meet with the Dean and Chair of a department in one of our universities....it wouldn't be immediately, but maybe this fall or next spring.

I hope you had fun Vickie; and, Nancy, hmmm, I guess I better make that app't with our tax guy :lol:

Tejas 03-20-2013 01:43 PM

I'm seeing the podiatrist tomorrow about this continuing foot pain.

Hundreds of people watch a lynching and the police do nothing....Africa. I really need to turn the TV off.

nancy237 03-20-2013 02:30 PM

Doing good with my South Beach..No weight loss yet but I really just got started.

I can't give up Coffeemate in my coffee, but I just do one cup every morning..

I am going to grill some chicken tonight . I marinated it in Annie's Goddess Dressing and its so good !!! I don't know the carbs/calories but it is excellent
dressing..

nancy237 03-20-2013 02:32 PM

Rhonda...sorry about your foot pain..Mine still hurts if I overdo it or wear the wrong shoes..

I agree about the TV..Robin used to watch Fox News so much that I felt like
the sky was falling everyday..

ontarget 03-20-2013 04:02 PM

Rhonda, I am sorry about your foot pain but I'm excited you may go back into teaching.

Hard to imagine some of the things still happening on this planet. Sad....

Nancy, good success with SB. I'm restarting WW online (again!) today.

We gave up after lunch yesterday and planted the trees ourselves. They were small so it wasn't too difficult.

I am hungry. Guess I'll go have an orange even if it doesn't taste like chocolate.

Tejas 03-20-2013 09:46 PM

Wow, the guy didn't show up to plant the trees?! awful...I've got someone coming Friday to mow the weed patch i call my back yard.

I had a 2- hour meeting today with members of the church today. It was productive.

Now, I'm drinking wine. :lol:

I don't know Annie's products. I just ate 1/2 of a not-good-for-me sandwich.

The sky is falling everyday...but, we don't have to watch its slow descent :)

nancy237 03-20-2013 10:23 PM

I have gotten so much done today..

Sorting in the attic, files more organized,
grilled the chicken, cleaned my car seats, cat to the vet..

Not sure why I am being so productive but I hope it continues..

My head hurts , always have a headache when I start low carb..

Tomorrow I am headed to Asheville to be with my son for his hernia surgery Friday morning.. I will have some time to explore tomorrow before meeting him for dinner..I keep seeing the commercial on TV about "Asheville calling" :)
I had a friend that offered to go with me but it makes sense to go alone to be
free for him on Friday. Planning to take a small cooler of food to make eating right easier..

Vickie 03-21-2013 09:23 AM

Good Morning Chicks! It is positively FREEZING here. We have windchills and are struggling to get above 32 degrees. Spring has not sprung yet here on the south side of Chicago.

My eating is good but not completely stellar. I'm still searching for the perfect shoe for my plantar faciitis double heel spur situation. My podiatrist is remaking my orthotics because they hurt my hip. Rhonda, I literally feel your pain. Despite that, I'm walking slowly on the treadmill because I simply must try to do something.

No real eating plan for me right now. I'm trying to incorporate all that I've learned into my life. Small portions, moderate fat, carbs, protein, etc. I'm losing tiny amounts so I'm thankful that the gaining trend has ended.

Rhonda, I hope you get some relief. What is your pain?

Nancy, have a safe trip. I hope all goes well with your Son and that SBD works for you.

Sloan, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on your presentation and your eating.

Sandra, GOOD GIRL! I'm glad you rejoined WW. I need to do so also but I'm waiting until I think it is the right time. I'm on the wrong side of totally committed at the moment. No sense in wasting money until I'm ready.

Have a great day, Chicks! At least we have sunshine here.

ontarget 03-21-2013 06:06 PM

Rhonda, I'm glad your meeting with church members was productive.

Curtis has already been riding the mower over our weeds. Mama rabbit is still hanging in her territory, so we aren't doing much in the back beds. I planted some moonflower and morning glory seeds today after I finished weeding the front beds.

I am going with a gf to a Bunco Fundraising Party tonight hosted by Daughters of the King's Table. Should be fun. I am already dressed and ready to go.

Nancy, are you thinking of moving to Asheville? Is that why it's calling you?

Vickie, that's something that you're able to do the treadmill with all your foot problems. Good for you!

:wave: Sloan and Maryann.

I'm off here. Bunco awaits!

nancy237 03-21-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 4677030)

Nancy, are you thinking of moving to Asheville? Is that why it's calling you?

No, I just was just getting ready to drive here for my son's surgery and saw the comercials and thought it was
timely..Some day I would like to do travel therapy so I can work & travel..

I am in Asheville now & had a nice drive up today. Going to eat Sushi with my son & his girlfriend in about an hour..surgery is at 5 in the morning..

sloanie 03-21-2013 07:47 PM

Just fell off the wagon, big time! I ate a potato that was as big as my head! It was topped with about 5 oz. of smoked pork and a tiny bit of sauce. I followed it with a small brownie (at least it was small). What just happened? On a happier note, my mom and I are going to meet my daughter in Hot Springs, Arkansas on Sunday! I haven't seen her since Christmas, and I miss her to pieces!! We will visit a bath house for pampering and just hang out together. I am very excited!! :carrot:

Tejas 03-21-2013 09:03 PM

...mmm, potatoes! I just had 3 pieces of KFC tenders..tho heck with it :lol:

The podiatrist is sending me for a second opinion...the appointment is April 1st.

The pain is on the bottom of my right big toe, down the toe joint onto the sole of the foot, not quite to the arch...he says there are bones in the joint that act like knees on the leg, and there is something wrong there. The joint remains slightly swollen most of the time.

Vickie...good luck with the weather...we are expecting rain..

ontarget 03-22-2013 03:46 PM

Rhonda, is this what your surgery was about? I hope you get answers and relief soon.

Sloan, you just had a small celebration. You're doing great. Remember the cheer. And have fun with your mom and daughter. Enjoy every minute!

Nancy, how is DS?

Curtis is in a lot of pain with one of his teeth. He has a dental appt Monday AM. I'll be at work. I've been hired to do tutoring for 5th Graders at my DIL's campus. I'm working 4 days next week then won't work any more with them till the end of April.

My food's good. This is 2 days in a row. :lol:

Vickie 03-22-2013 04:55 PM

I changed my avatar to Brodie. I got tired of the pressure of the counting Chick!

nancy237 03-22-2013 05:02 PM

My son's surgery went fine this morning and everyone is resting.
He had a grumpy post op nurse that seemed to hate her job, but the rest of
the staff were great.
I am staying in Asheville tonight to be sure he is fine and then will drive back home tomorrow.

Sandra..hope Curtis gets help with the tooth Monday, how was Bunco ??
Sloan..have a great visit !!

ontarget 03-22-2013 05:06 PM

Nancy, I'm glad DS's surgery went well. Have a safe trip home tomorrow. Bunco was fun. They made a lot of money--and I won a $35 gift certificate to Patrick's Floral.

Vickie, I changed my signature so it wouldn't be staring at me. Brodie looks precious. Give him a hug for me.

ontarget 03-22-2013 06:58 PM

You should have seen old Curtis and Sandra running outside hollering their heads off. There was a hawk hunting in our back flowerbed where MaMa feeds each evening. Grrrrr!!!!!!

And speaking of feeding--I had spaghetti squash/meat sauce for dinner. It was surprisingly good.

Tejas 03-22-2013 09:22 PM

Nancy, glad your DS's son is over and he is better--regardless of the grumpy nurse.

Hi to Brodie, Vickie..

Sandra, sorry to hear about Curtis's toothache...the foot pain is from the surgery on the joint between the big toe and the foot...that condition is called "stiff big toe" but now, we have more problems that we hope will get solved.

My eating is so-so...

sloanie 03-22-2013 10:19 PM

I need the cheer. My eating is still crazy!
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:we don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

nancy237 03-22-2013 10:23 PM

I brought healthy things from home to eat on this trip..
Grilled chicken, cheese, yogurt, nuts..I grabbed a salad tonight..
Sushi last night seemed healthy..

Hoping the scales reward me when I get home..

Vickie 03-23-2013 11:08 AM

Good Morning Chicks! C O L D here.

Rhonda, that sounds awful. I found that I have taken my feet for granted. When they hurt, it affects everything.

Nancy, glad your Son is on the mend despite the nasty Nurse. How far of a trip was it for you?

Sandra, it's so nice you had fun at Bunco. I never played. I'm going to my GF's house today. One of the ones I recently reconnected with from high school. She plays Bunco and loves it. I'm sure it'll be easy for you to spend that certificate. You love your plants!

Sloan, I think of your slogan often...and it helps. Well, most of the time anyway.

It may not help today. Going to my GF's house at 3:00 for a Premier Jewelry Demonstration. I never heard of them and don't wear jewelry much any more but I'm sure I can find something to buy. Anyone ever hear of them or know of the quality of the jewelry? Her daughter just became a demonstrator and she is trying to help her out. We are the last "practice" party. I already know she made snacks and dessert. I shall try to be as good as I can.

We might get snow again Sunday night. I am so ready for Spring.

ontarget 03-23-2013 12:15 PM

Vickie, I don't know anything about Premier Jewelry. I have been to jewelry parties, though, and have always found "goodies" to buy. Let us know what you get.

Rhonda, ;) ;) ;) for pain relief.

Sloan, :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Nancy, you sound focused. :woohoo:

I'm leaving as soon as I get off here heading to my school reunion. We'll be at the Elementary Cafeteria all afternoon. (We're not a very wild bunch, are we?) :lol: Curtis isn't going due to toothache. He's staying doped up till his appt Monday morning.

Got to run. Love you bunches!

ontarget 03-23-2013 10:38 PM

Had a great time at the reunion. Some of the folks came home with me afterwards so they could visit with Curtis. Great day!!

nancy237 03-23-2013 11:02 PM

Sandra..funny that you said Curtis was staying doped up & then has company from the reunion :dizzy: I am imagining some interesting conversations;)

I am home from Asheville..Coming home took 4 hours with little traffic & no
stops except a quick bathroom break..

Such a nice time getting to baby my son some. At 23 its not often I get to spoil him !! He was a bit nauseated today but that may have been from the pain meds.

I enjoyed exploring Asheville on my own today and feel like that is progress for me in learning to travel alone more..I found a great kitchen store and got lots of fun things. Got a mini muffin pan to make mini crustless quiches to freeze..

My friend in another town (1 1/2 hours away) wants me to come see her tomorrow & Monday. I think I should sell my house and become a gypsy..going from one friend to another !!

ontarget 03-24-2013 06:31 PM

Nancy, he talked their heads off. :lol: Become a gypsy!

Tejas 03-24-2013 11:29 PM

Nancy, it's called "couch surfing!"

Sandra, glad you had fun--love the avatar..

Vickie--hope you had fun..

FOCUS!!!!! :)