Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) February 1-15-15

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Sloan and Nancy, you girls are neck and neck. What are your goals?

Rhonda, I am glad your friend's doing better. I know you know how serious staff infections are. Glad you're getting to enjoy some time in NYC.

Sloan, my cardiologist gave me a good report. I don't even need any tests now. Thank you for asking.

Vickie, I think a :kick: is better than the doctor acting like he has given up. That's the impression I got from mine. It was like it was his routine to tell me to exercise and lose weight. I think he's thrown in the towel. I wish we could exercise together, too. That would be fun. Just think of the chatting we could do!

Today I went for allergy testing. I will start the shot program the 19th. Ouch!

We have folks coming to shoot today then M&M tonight. Full day ahead.
  • Hey Vickie, glad to hear from you! Sorry the doc was tough on you! I wish we all could exercise together. Rhonda could be our leader!

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to see your fav G.O. painting! Hope your friend continues to improve.

Sandra, glad your cardiology appt. went well! My DH has been getting allergy shots for the last few years. They have really helped him. BTW, my goal is to get back to 130.

Nancy, sounds like you are having fun moving furniture. Are you in the way of the big snow storm?

Maryann, where are you?

Hey Pam
  • Sloan, 130 sounds fabulous. You can do it!

Pam, I hope you're doing all right. Where are you?
  • Why not try to Skype and exercise? I have done some exercising while Iam traveling...squats, push ups, etc. We have walked a lot and my foot was really hurting today.

tomorrow there will be a major dressing change...my friend has mesh where we have a sternum!

I am writing on an iPad, and I don't particularly like it.
  • Rhonda, it's good to hear from you. What do you mean she has mesh? It doesn't sound good at all.
  • Quick check in to say hi, more tomorrow.
    May head to the beach with friends tomorrow, but its up in the air.
    They have a relative that is in the hospital and it will depend on his
    condition tomorrow.

I went to another meetup dinner tonight and met
    some very nice & interesting people !!

My final goal is 130..Sloan , it seems like we have
    stuck close over the years in weight..I remember tempting each other
    with cyber pizza way back when we were doing a competition
    This time we will stick with it !!! I am alternating low carb weeks with
    maintaining weeks..seems to be working so far..
  • Since I am in NC I think the storm will be plenty north of me ,
    but I am worried about Rhonda being in NYC. I think flights are already being canceled there.

Really wish Maryann would check in, its not like her to be gone so long..

Who else is near this storm coming ??
  • Nancy, I am glad you're clear of the storm. I hope our other chickies are and stay safe. Please check in, Ladies.
  • Hi Chicks! I'm in day 2 and I'm S T A R V I N G. A sure sign that I was eating too much. I'm off to make a cup of hot tea to try to last until dinner time. It will be an early dinner for sure.

I checked Mary Ann's profile and though she hasn't posted since the middle of January....she logged in today. So she must just not feel up to posting. Hope you're well Mary Ann.

I did my second day of exercise today. Can only make 15 minutes but my heel is holding up so far.

Sandra, do you feel your bike gives good exercise? I have a big stomach and short legs and have never really been comfortable on one but I may have to give up the treadmill and shop for something else if my heel doesn't hold up. Do you lose when you are doing the stationary bike regularly?

Rhonda, be safe!

Sloan and Nancy, I am so proud of you gorgeous little chickies in the 130's! I would K I L L to be 230. Oh well....nothing to be done but to keep trudging.

Tonight we are having a chicken enchilada bake recipe. Not all Core but very healthy and delicious. This is my second time making it and have frozen 2 dinners both times and they have warmed up great. I'm all about cooking once and eating 2 or 3 more times. Even retired, I don't want to be cooking a whole meal every night.

Have a good evening!
  • Vickie, your enchiladas sound yummy. I can't honestly tell you if is working for me. I do think it's better than my sitting on the recliner, though. I hope I can keep up (day 2 so far). Maybe if I do this for a few weeks, I can give you a better answer. But then that also means I'll need to be making healthy food choices, too, won't it?

Maryann, we miss you, girl.
  • Vickie, I'm not in the 130's yet, but I am determined to get there. Have you tried a recumbent bike? I have wondered if that would be beneficial. The treadmill and a stationary bike are hard on my hip.

I'm worried about Maryann, too!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Rhonda, stay warm!!
  • I'm not in the 30's yet either...but that is my goal...
  • I'm here. I got a new dog and she has kept me occupied. My diet is totally out of control. My hubby leaves for KY Sunday, then my sis is flying in from Michigan for a week. She is running in a half marathon in Daytona Beach. We are staying on the beach for a couple nights and taking my other sis that lives here in Florida near me. Should be fun.

After my sis leaves, I'm am buckling down on my diet. I have to do something. I will never make it to the 130's but will be happy with 145. I know it's doable. I think I'm going to do South Beach. I have a site bookmarked and she has recipes for each phase of the diet.

I think Maryann is going to get the blizzard and so will Rhonda. Glad her friend is doing better.

Sloan and Nancy, great job you two are doing.

Sandra and Vickie, I always listened to music or tv while on the treadmill.
  • Ok here in NYC...can't write much on this iPAD..too awkward...

Airports are closed now but should be ok when I leave on Sunday. friend is better...I thought the mesh was replacing bone, but it is not. the mesh is actually a pump, pushing out infection...amazing technology!

She might go home next week....so amazed.

Not overeating here but need to be home to FOCUS!

Maryann,where are you?
  • Down to 145.6 at my weekly weigh in! Probably would have been lower, but we had pizza last night, and yes, I counted the points I'm sure the sodium was a touch high since it was covered with pepperoni. My plans for the day are to clean house and do homework for my college class; I know you are all jealous

Rhonda, I had a friend who had a "wound vac". They are amazing! Sounds like they are on the right track. No wonder she was so sick and having the symptoms you mentioned. Having an infection like that affects the whole body. Getting all of that infection out may just make her a new woman!

Pam, we need pics of the new doggy! It's like having a new baby, isn't it?

Sandra, I listen to books while exercising by myself. Makes the time fly by.

Vickie, I'm so sad that you are STARVING! Are you getting enough protein? The Zone diet guy says three meals a day that include 30 Gm Carb, 20 Gm Pro, and 10 Gm fat with two snacks that have 1/3 of those numbers. A few years ago, I went on that diet and my cholesterol numbers were amazing. It is too hard to stay on for a long time, but I was never hungry. Now, when it seems like I am hungry a lot, I go back to that ratio, and it helps.

Nancy, I am so excited that you are enjoying the meet ups. I am so inspired by you/proud of you! You are a wonderful example to anyone who has lost someone close to them. You go girl!!!! Did you notice that I had pizza for dinner? Your post about pizza must have done the trick

How can we check on Maryann? I didn't think about checking her profile. Thanks for doing that, Vickie. I'm glad that she logged on, but I'm still worried about her

GTG be productive. Have a great day, y'all!