3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Daily Thread--(Simply Filling/CORE) January 16-31, 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/273544-daily-thread-simply-filling-core-january-16-31-2013-a.html)

ontarget 01-18-2013 08:19 PM

;)

sloanie 01-18-2013 09:40 PM

They should have a tracker for number of times we have rejoined WW! Mine would be a mile long :dizzy:

I have stayed focused for two weeks! Weigh in tomorrow :carrot:

Tejas 01-18-2013 10:11 PM

I don't think I've told you that I'm headed for Washington DC tomorrow and I'm going to the Texas Ball and to the inauguration. On Tuesday, I'm going to NYC for a few days, and then to Toronto for a few days after that. I'll be gone 10 days, but I'll have my computer and will check in.

:woohoo:

http://texasstatesociety.homestead.com/

heather_dw 01-18-2013 11:35 PM

I'm kind of depressed about the whole thing tonight. I feel like nothing I do will make a difference. Even when I try, I don't lose. I end up losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. I would eat more calories, less calories, less carbs,more protein, etc etc and none of it made a difference.

So.. I am thinking of trying the SF technique but I have no idea where to start. I hate veggies. I like fruit, but I worry about bloodsugar issues if I eat too much of that. Of course, I'm in one of those moods where part of me says nothing is going to work! Just been one of those weeks!

pam920 01-18-2013 11:48 PM

Heather, one step at a time. I love my veggies and don't eat enough of them. Hope you get it figured out.

Rhonda, what an honor. I"m sure you deserve it, with all your work through this last election. Tell Obama hi from me, lol. Never been to NY. Are you going to see any plays while there? We will miss you so try to check in when possible.

Tejas 01-19-2013 09:36 AM

Pam, all it takes is money and time :lol:

:wave:

nancy237 01-19-2013 11:09 AM

Rhonda..wow !! Our Jet Setter :angel:
Have fun !!

Heather..we have all been discouraged at different times where nothing seems to work, hugs...
If you want to , tell us what your diet & exercise look like on a normal basis, and maybe we will have ideas. I think a diet that takes into account your
food preferences makes sense..

sloanie 01-19-2013 02:39 PM

WW meeting this morning: down 4 pounds in two weeks!

Heather, my son hates veggies, too! Some veggie haters actually learn to love roasted veggies. Have you tried roasted carrots? I toss baby carrots in a little olive oil then sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Then I roast them in the oven at 400 until they are very brown. It makes them sweet. Also, on here on Simply Filling/Core, we have loads of recipes. Maybe they would get you started. I lost 20 lbs with simply filling, so I know it works. Hang in there and keep posting, this group is awesome :D

Rhonda, enjoy your trip. It sounds awesome!!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget 01-19-2013 06:14 PM

:woohoo: Sloan. You're doing great.

Rhonda, have a fun/safe trip. Have a great time. You've earned it. I'd love to see photos of you in your gown.

Heather, I hope you can find the plan that's right for you. Sometimes it takes awhile. Keep plugging along.

Sloan, I just saw your latest post!! :woohoo: for sure!!!!!

nancy237 01-19-2013 06:23 PM

Here is Sloan :goodscale:

:dancer: Way to go !!! :carrot:

:wave: This is me patting myself on the back.
I started a beginner yoga :yoga: DVD today and also walked :running:!!
Also ate good choices !!

I am going to try to do the yoga tape first thing in the morning every morning
and walk in the afternoon. I am not a morning person , so it will be a huge personal victory for me if I can do the tape in the mornings.

I am making a list of about 2 weeks worth of "ToDo's" to get the house back on the market and then ...
Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work I go...

I think having a job will be so good for me. I know it will be tiring but a good tired.

ontarget 01-19-2013 06:32 PM

Nancy, :woohoo: to you, too! You are working a great plan. It should be fun as well as helpful. Enjoy!

septembersgoal 01-20-2013 12:53 AM

Hello everyone! I'm Melissa, an ooooold 3FC core member. "Saw" Sandra on FB and she told me to stop by. :) I am actually thinking of doing core plan again (does it even exist anymore??) because it is one of the only plans that has ever worked for me. Off to bed but will be back tomorrow!!

sloanie 01-20-2013 01:05 AM

Thanks for the props, Sandra and Nancy! I love you chickies!

Vickie 01-20-2013 10:26 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad I got my flu shot because it means the FLU I have won't be as bad or last as long. Right?!

Rhonda, I am SOOOOO jealous! I hope you take lots of pictures and post them on FB. Please extend our regards.

septembersgoal 01-20-2013 03:31 PM

Hi Vickie!

Found my old WW material and have begun reviewing the core food list. Jumping back on the old wagon! ;)